A Family Union (Jade + Roselina)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 12th, 2016, 8:55 pm

OOCNote: Roselina, if you'd like to have Ser Xervos confront you the day or two before, it's cool. I'll be beginning Ferrin's part on the 9th, but the actual union would be the tenth. :)

Fall of the 9th - 10th 516av

The 9th: Late Morning:

"Well, since Sera Frostfawn had taught you well. We can proceed with the rest of your training. Though, there is one thing that I'd like to tell you." Ser Xervos took a breath, and paced around the small training area. Though, of course the Training Grounds were large, there were different areas of which a Squire/Knight would train. Ferrin was patient, and he could feel the Djed calling his name, almost like a faint whisper. Ferrin resisted the urge.

With a fair amount of events that happened over the Fall, last season, even more events had begun to double the scenarios as Winter begins. It's still quite warm, and Ferrin had wondered if Mizahar were to have a late winter this year. Of course, it wouldn't be too much of a bad thing, but Ferrin heard rumors that Morwen wasn't doing her duty. It's important to do your duty; no matter the responsibility, Ferrin signed up to become a Knight, and as he realizes that he has to work hard to get it; he'll be responsible to do it. He'll never back down from doing his duty, well perhaps not never, but he'll do his best at whatever he needs to do for sure.

"Ser, what is it?" Ferrin asked, as he's been thinking about Jade. He hoped Jade and Dina were both okay.
"It's about... your family." Ser Xervos responded quite shakily. The Knight took a subtle breath, and sighed.
"What about them?" Ferrin asked- recalling memories of his past with his parents and siblings.

"You have a cousin here." Ser Xervos responded nervously.
"Cousin?" Ferrin spoke in awe, he was merely flabbergasted by the looks of it and the word cousin just struck him weirdly.
"Yes." The Knight replied with a furrowed brow. "I advise you to go out tomorrow and look for her. I can arrange a meeting..." Ser Xervos said. "She does have our tattoo." The Knight said wearily. "If that makes things any easier. Otherwise, my aging eyes have deceived me."

Ferrin was curious. "You sure?" The squire said unsettled, his stomach did a double take and he wasn't ready for this kind of information. Especially, with everything happening almost so quickly. It was crazy, crazy to think about it even. "I'll see what I can do." Ser Xervos said. "For now, practice has ended, and if she comes tomorrow- then we can have lunch and talk." The knight said with a smirk, he dismissed Ferrin, and the Squire took his leave, quietly, still shocked.

Fall 10th 516av

Ferrin had his day off- he slept in later than usual. His body felt sore, and still he could sense the Djed, trying to itch into his skin. The Squire sighed. He noticed Jade was out of bed, he smelled cooking. Ferrin heard giggling too. He got up and dressed himself and walked into the kitchen/living room area.

"Jade." Ferrin said tiredly, he rubbed his eyes. "What's for breakfast?" He asked. Ferrin noticed Dina playing with her toys at the table. "Can I talk to you for a sec?" Ferrin asked in a hushed tone.

"My uncle told me about my family." Ferrin said in his unsure tone. "I might... have a cousin."

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Jade Laken on December 18th, 2016, 4:52 am

Jade stretched as she sat up from the floor with a yawn. She had a rough night trying to sleep and finally just gave up. Laying there awake the woman closed her eyes and listened to Ferrin snore gently. The blonde was so happy to have found him and taken in young Dina. Even though the pair was not wed the girl did not mind. She had pushed much on the man in the last several seasons. Trayon their pup who was curled up beside her feet, and the little girl in the other room that slept in peace as well. So long as they rested with no issues, Jade would find a way to make it through the day. With a soft sigh the woman pulled her legs up under her letting the dog remain asleep. Slipping out of the room she ventured into the kitchen lighting the lamp that hung on the wall. Looking through their kitchen, the blonde decided to do some eggs and perhaps sausage.

“That should do,” She spoke in a soft voice.

Waking the other two humans in the house did not sound like a good idea to her. A soft clicking made the woman look over and smile softly. Kneeling down she greeted the pup and told him to go lay down with Dina. With a short yelp he trotted off down the hallway towards the child's bedroom. Standing up once more the woman began cutting the sausage into links before cutting them in half so they would cook easier. The lids to the girl's eyes slowly began to droop as she went through the motions of preparing breakfast. Cutting through another piece of sausage, the woman put the blade down and shook her head before continuing. She did not want to cut herself on accident and cause Ferrin to worry about her.

“Jade?” A little voice called sleepily.

“Well good morning princess. I will have breakfast done soon. Go ahead and hop up at the table and play while I finish,” Jade said with a smile and helped her up while kissing her head.

After getting her settled the woman went back to the counter to finish prepping everything. Putting the knife in the sink, she began to cook the eggs and sausage. The soft sizzle of the food could be heard soon after the smell filled the small apartment. Another set of feet caught her ear causing her to turn and look. With a soft smile, she was happy to see that Ferrin had finally woken up. Of course he looked very sore from his movements.

“Eggs and sausage, would you like me to make anything else with it?” Jade asked and kissed his cheek when he got close, “sure go ahead.”

Shock appeared on her face hearing him say something about having more family in the city. She had not expected the young man to say that of all things. Clearing her voice some and keeping it low so that they didn't alarm Dina she wondered what this would mean now.

“Who told you? Are you going to meet who it is?” Jade asked looking up at him still a little stunned.

"The Ways of the Drykas."
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roselina on December 18th, 2016, 4:35 pm

ooc :
I've had her part be on the 8th, and I forgot to thank you for the signature and template. I really like them.

8th of winter
--------------

She had sighed, leaning against the door to her apartment, panicked. What had happened that day was not something she had ever expected to happen.

Roselina had been on her way to a tavern, there was no particular reason for her to go, but she had been bored. Had she reached it, she would have probably played a trick on someone or drank herself into trouble.

Her usually covered family tattoo had been seen while she was walking, she usually took great care to cover it , yet whether it was the way her cloak had been worn, or she had just not been careful enough, someone had seen it.

A man tapped her on the shoulder, she turned around expectantly, and he asked her " Miss, is that an Al'Mandrikan tattoo?"

Panic seized her for a moment, before she put on her usual mask, a warm smile. "Yes, it is, why do you ask?" She hadn't used the name Al'Mandrikan since she had ran away, instead, not even using a last name, it was much easier.

The man had then insisted that she had a cousin in the city that she should see, and that he would be glad to hear he had found family in the city.

She wasn't as glad, she blatantly refused to go, but the man had insisted, and told her to at least consider coming to a place to meet him on the tenth.

10th of winter
--------------

She awoke in her bare apartment, she sat up, and thoughts came to her mind about what had happened two days prior.

Work was the only thing she had planned that day, and it wasn't that urgent, people would still be able to trick any other day of the season.

She contemplated what she should do while she ate and dressed. Her thoughts changed directions multiple times, concerned at whether the person would be like her parents, whether they would be a good person, or whether to actually go.

Eventually, she decided there wouldn't be harm in meeting the person, she might even recognise them.

She paused for a second, thinking about that for a moment.

Hopefully they wouldn't have met, or even seen each over before, that would probably be bad for Roselina, as she wasn't known to be nice.

She got up, and headed out when it was a bit later, going to where the man had said she should meet her cousin.

"Sweet Dreams."
Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
Roselina
Charismatic Con

Words: 62756
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2016, 11:24 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 20th, 2016, 1:40 am

Ferrin stood rooted to the ground, he wasn't so sure how Jade would react to this. The squire figured that it would have been better for him to keep it quiet, but if he were leaving today to the Rearing Stallion, it'd probably be better to bring Jade, and perhaps Dina. Unless, Jade and Dina are wanting to stay here, at home. Ferrin wouldn't mind going himself, but if Ser Xervos was really adamant about Ferrin having another cousin within the family- and here at Syliras he must be certain.

Ser Xervos had told him that he noticed an Al'Mandrikan tattoo on her the other day. Perhaps, Thorin was right about more family. Oh fun now wished that he could have had brought Durin, his brother along as well. Durin would be pleased to hear that he had more family. Though, blue as Ferrin recalled, Durin might be upset and still agitated whether him leaving the family.

Ferrin registered the still shock in Jades expression. "Don't worry, dear. I hope everything works out fine." Ferrin assured her. The Squire mainly whispered everything, and he just hoped that Dina wouldn't get to precarious about the conversation. "Would you like to come?" Ferrin asked, but then again, the Rearing Stallion isn't meant for young kids like Dina. "Or, I won't mind if you don't want to bring Dina." Ferrin said in a fairly quiet whisper. Ferrin didn't want Dina to worry about her new family just yet. Though, she seems to like Uncle Garland, Phobos and Aneeka. Ferrin didn't want Dina to get mixed up with all of it. Ferrins' just trying to figure it out himself.

OOCYour welcome Roselina! Jade, if you feel like we should bring Dina, then we can simply to the Rearing Stallion. Unless, Jade, you think Dina is too young to walk into a bar like that. :) Lol.

Eventually, Ferrin reached the Rearing Stallion. He had his shortened broadsword, Clivath with him, tucked underneath his dark forest green cloak, he wanted to make sure that this wasn't some mishap with his uncle. He was sure that his uncle wouldn't send him into doom. Perhaps, as a test, but not without knowing? Was this a test, WA it to test Ferrins gullablity? How gullablity is Ferrin? The Squire might find out soon.

The bustling Rearing Stallion was quite busy indeed. People were trying to find seats, and a few waitresses were serving drinks and afternoon meals. There was one lady, who stood out in particular, to Ferrin at least. The one that was sitting alone, and quite unsettled, nonetheless, perhaps she were someone else?

Once Ferrin neared the lady, Ferrin took a good look at her. Ferrin hadn't seen a tattoo on her. He looked back at Jade and Dina, they were just getting a table.
"You haven't met anyone by the name of the Al'Mandrikans, have you?" Ferrin decided to stay standing, his hand was hidden behind the edge of the table, along with his shortened broadsword, Roselina wouldn't be able to see Ferrin draw his blade, the Squire's just being cautious, and he hoped that this wasn't a test.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on January 19th, 2017, 5:28 am

Jade nodded and finished up breakfast letting the two get settled at the table. She put out their plates while cleaning up. If he wanted to go met his cousin soon then the woman did not want there to be a mess left behind in the apartment. Her mind drifted while she washed the dishes a soft call from Dina caught her attention. Shaking her head the blonde looked over to the child with a smile. Taking her hands out of the water she walked over and sat down while drying off her hands. The soft padding of feet could be heard as the girl walked over to the table and sat down with her food. Soon enough the little one had finished before running off to her room. Looking over at the man once she was out of ear shot the woman couldn't help the question that came out.

“What happens if its a trap?” Jade asked quietly, “I don't mean to sound so negative dear. I know that he would never knowingly put you in danger. We will come with you and just sit a little ways off just in case.”

Jade was very nervous about what would happen now. Would this new family member try to tare the two apart? Would the person try to pull Ferrin away from the Knights? There was so much uncertainty surrounding this meeting. Hearing Dina the woman shook her head to push the thoughts away before kissing Ferrin on the cheek and heading to help the young girl.

“I trust your decision,” Jade stated before walking out of sight.

Some time later the blonde had finally gotten the young child to hold still long enough for the woman to brush her hair and help her dress. Letting her go the little one ran to play in the living room while Jade slipped into her room and got dressed so they could get a move on without being late. The last thing Ferrin needed was to be late on account of the two girls getting ready. Soon enough the group was out the door leaving Blackard in the apartment to guard their belongings at least what little they have. Dina instantly took Ferrin's hand with a smile seeing how stressed he looked.

“No more sad face. We will be okay,” the young girl spoke before giving him her biggest smile possible.

Jade smiled gently seeing the two interacting together. When the young family the woman took Dina's hand kissing Ferrin on the cheek one more time. The young woman found the child and herself a seat where she could watch him without looking like a stalker. Everything in her screamed not to trust this mystery person, but she pushed it down. The man trusted his uncle so she would respect this understanding between the pair.

Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roselina on January 19th, 2017, 8:36 pm

Entering the Rearing Stallion, she surveyed the place before sitting down at a table that no one else had sat at. She took off her cloak, hanging it on the back of her seat. Her tattoo was half-visible, her sleeve slightly covering part of it. Her dagger was in her backpack, which she was holding, her hand close to where her weapon was stored.

She knew it was unlikely that any harm was meant to her by her cousin. Though it was hard for her to shake away the suspicions that were lurking in her mind. Her family had never brought her anything but trouble before. Other than her brother who had helped her through the years, though she had even began to doubt whether his intentions had really been kind.

Roselina moved her hands to rest on the table, slightly nervous, and extremely on edge. A man walked through the door, looking around and then walking to her. Perhaps this was her cousin.

He asked if she knew of Al'Mandrikans. He seemed slightly cautious in the way he spoke, and she paused for a moment to recall his name that the man had told her.

"Yes, are you Ferrin?"

She paused, listening to him confirm that he was before continuing, though her tone was slightly nervous still.

"I was approached the other day and told I had a cousin, is that you then? I hadn't expected any relatives to get in touch with me, as I haven't spoke to my family in years."

Roselina moved her hands onto her bag, holding it near where the pocket which stored her knife was. A precaution in case Ferrin turned out to be a threat. Though he seemed nice on first glance, if a bit cautious as well.

"Please, sit down." She gestured to the chair across from her with a slightly nervous smile. Herself having no bad intentions either, she decided to default to politeness with him, not knowing much about him.

A thought struck her mind, What if my parents know I've returned? , it was an unlikely idea, but still a terrifying one. She would have to ensure that they didn't find out eventually.

"Sweet Dreams."
Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
Roselina
Charismatic Con

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 1st, 2017, 1:09 pm

The Rearing Stallion had a long history within Syliras. It was known for the heavy drinking, the performances, and just mostly because of its location. Though, it attracted guests that would make Ferrin think about the tavern differently. The squire peered his eyes over to Jade and Dina as he was talking to Roselina, he didn't move, and he moved back a bit as he moved his eyes back towards Roselina. His sea blue eyes darted towards the dagger.

"Don't do that." Ferrin popped in, his voice sounded like a startle, or alarmed even. The Kenashian was ready for the dagger, but she didn't thrust the blade and Ferrin didn't want to pull his shortened broadsword out whatsoever.

"Yes, are you Ferrin?" Her shoulder seemed to loosen up and Ferrin noticed the movement, he sighed a great relief knowing that his cousin refrained from stabbing him. Ferrin wanted to know if she was his cousin and make sure that everything is going to be okay. It sucks, that Ferrin has to do all of the work just to reunite his family and on top of that, be a squire all at the same time.

"I am Ferrin." The Kenashian replied slowly, loosening up his shoulders to get them to be relaxed. It wasn't easy, if this woman wasn't a family of his and this was no doubt a trap, he had just put his two favorite woman in danger and he was afraid. Nonetheless, he displayed that fear with a sense of comfortability. He didn't want to show any weakness. Ferrin picked up on her nervousness as well. It seems being nervous all of the time runs in the family. Perhaps?

"I was approached the other day and told I had a cousin, is that you then? I hadn't expected any relatives to get in touch with me, as I haven't spoke to my family in years."

Ferrin took his seat across from Roselina he took in her gentle features and made sure to remember the face. The squire still looked tensed, even when he tried to loosen up his shoulders, it didn't work.

"I'm Ferrin Al'Mandrikan. I was born in Kenash? My family liked to travel a lot. So... " Ferrin rubbed the back of his neck a little awkwardly with one of his hands and sighed. "Your um... Roselina right? Ser Xervos, our uncle, my patron, he told me about you just yesterday. How long have you been in Syliras?" Ferrin asked. He hoped that Jade and Dina were doing fine.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on March 18th, 2017, 8:50 pm

Jade watched the man gently nodding. She wanted him to know that she was there if needed. Looking back to the small child across from her the woman smiled gently. The woman ordered the pair some water and colored with the girl. She was not sure what would happen with the meeting. Hopes of the new member being kind was her biggest concern. Dina had told her something strange when Ferrin had walked up to the stranger.

“She's a con artist,” Dina stated in a clear tone just staring at her.

The drykas had gotten on to the child for judging the girl by her looks alone. She had began ton wonder if that was what the head mother at the orphanage had meant. Was the girl able to tell when someone was not honest because of where she was from? There were not many con artists and liars in Endrykas or at least none that Jade had bothered to get to know. So much of the cities survival rested on people being as honest as possible. Not sure how many really were, but Jade had always prided herself on making an honest living. If people trusted you then that opened up many doors. Looking at the small child the blonde wanted to ask her something and see what she thought about it.

“Dina, sweetie can I ask you something serious?” Jade asked gently.

“Yes, ma'am. Whats wrong?” Dina asked seeing the worried look on the Drykas's face.

“What would you say if I joined the knighthood too?” Jade asked looking at the girl.

“Does that mean I have to go back to the orphanage?” Dina questioned with a sad look.

“No baby. I will get someone to watch you at the apartment if I join love,” the young mother explained.

“Then I would like it!” Dina said with a bright smile calming the blonde's fears some. Now all she had to do was clear it with Ferrin. Or rather join then just tell him, rejection scared the girl more than any blade could.

Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Roselina on March 28th, 2017, 5:39 pm

She had been in The Rearing Stallion many times, it wasn't unusual for her to find work in here, or to find a target in here. A drunkard was often someone who she could con. People, when inebriated, were a lot easier to convince of things. Like making them think she was attracted to them, so she could steal their money.

He asked how long she had been in Syrilas, while still looking tense and uncomfortable. It seemed he was just as nervous as her, perhaps it was the sight of her dagger that had made him that much, or maybe he had similar reasons.

It was rare that anything made her this nervous, she was usually rather outgoing and friendly, despite her pessimistic mindset. Thinking back, the only thing that made her this fearful was her family, her mind always wondered to the worst scenario for things like this. Though it wasn't as if her parents would be hiding outside.

"I've lived in Syrilas my whole life. Born here and all that." She smiled slightly as she said it, though she wasn't happy at all, not to be here or to see her cousin.

It was her tattoo that was recognised, Roselina hated it. Her parents had sent her to have it done a little while before her and Florian had ran away. They were both in the same place, and identical to the rest of the family's tattoos. She wished it wasn't there, it served as a reminder of her family and also a way that people could recognise her, how her family could recognise her. It was the reason she was sitting here now.

"How long have you been in Syrilas for then, if you weren't born here?" Why people did come here, she would never understand. She disliked it, she found it suffocating. The constant being inside and all the laws weren't something she enjoyed. Other cities were much more interesting, so she had heard.

"Sweet Dreams."
Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
Roselina
Charismatic Con

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 28th, 2017, 7:42 pm

"I have been here for nearly a year. Originally, the Al'Mandrikans had originated from Syliras. Though, there was something that occurred between my father and the rest of the family. I guess he didn't want to deal with the family drama and decided to leave and become a traveler, as far away as he could..." Ferrin informed Roselina. He looked around, just to be on the safe side of things to make sure if there weren't any other beings that were watching them. So, he had eventually sat down across from Roselina, his back was turned from Jade's position from where he sat. He didn't know if she had brought Dina, but if something happened, they would probably still be together. His uncle wouldn't test him like this, would he?

The Squire took a breath, and sighed, he knew that he was thinking over his head just a bit and figured that he could trust this lady; whoever she was, she seemed fair. So, Ferrin wouldn't mind hearing the woman out. Was she really, a part of the Al'Mandrikans though, did she have the family tattoo?

Roselina had admitted that she had lived in Syliras all her life. That still couldn't mean that she was still a part of the Al'Mandrikans, though, as Ferrin said before the Al'Mandriknas did originate from the Fortress City of Peace. The symbol that the Al'Mandrikans bore was a display of a holy tree, similar to the Windoak here in Syliras. Ferrin had dreamed of visiting the Great Windoak. That'll be the day when he first becomes a Knight, and gain his Knightly Quest. Ferrin always processed the different amount of Quests he could partake in.

"The tattoo, it's a symbol of family unity; peace and courage, honor to. Do you bear the tattoo?" Ferrin simply didn't want to say that it was a tree, it was much more than just a simple tree, it meant the connection of the Al'Mandriknas. One thing struck Ferrin's mind, she did sort of look like her dad, and her uncle...

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes