Acting Skill

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Acting Skill

Postby Roselina on December 17th, 2016, 6:34 pm

Hello all, I'm interested in writing the Acting skill article, as I happen to know a bit about it, and would like to see it developed.

I plan to include different types of acting, improv, regular scripted acting, etc.

Wondering if anyone had any ideas on what should be included, to help me outline an article people would like for it.
Spring threads 0/3
Character Sheet
Roselina
Charismatic Con

Words: 62756
Joined roleplay: November 27th, 2016, 11:24 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Acting Skill

Postby Sayana on December 17th, 2016, 7:50 pm

I'd love to see how acting is applied to both the stage and criminal activities. Sayana incorporated acting into both fields. Also, for face-to-face lying I think it is an important skill to be convincing.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Acting Skill

Postby Prophet on December 18th, 2016, 6:53 am

This would be an excellent skill to develop. It's going to be a major write-up so take your time and be sure to include things like breathing, eye contact, body language and study habits. These things are every bit as important as the types and uses. Also provide some kind of field guide on how to read an audience.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Acting Skill

Postby Aladari Coolwater on December 20th, 2016, 2:13 am

Prophet and Sayana already hit on my main pointers, so I'll just throw in here that I have a small amount of Acting experience myself (the stage kind, not the criminal kind :P) and would be willing to give this a proofread, or even a helping hand if you should need it.

Glad to see someone interested in undertaking a project. And if this one sounds tough to start with, please start with another. We need a lot of help in this aspect of the game, and there's plenty of things you could do.
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3