Placeholder Never Full Dressed Without a Weapon

Phira buys a...weapon?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Never Full Dressed Without a Weapon

Postby Phira on November 14th, 2016, 5:59 pm

62 Fall 516

Last night had been awful. She was given the 'glorious' task of locking up after the last shift at the Pig's Feet and an ornerry, drunk man decided to barge in through the door. She asked him to leave, she yelled at him to leave, and for 5 chimes told him to leave. The guy got mad and grabbed her by her arms and began shaking her and yelling at her. Apparently he thought she was someone named Gerttie, and she was a whore.

All she could do was push him away, she tried punching him and slapping him but all that did was make him angry. He picked her up by the neck and slammed her on the bar, still yelling at her and telling her how awful she, or should she say Gerttie was. The only thing that saved her was Merv coming in and hitting the guy upside the head with one of the trays. It was scary and it made her angry. She could have died last night, and she spent all night crying. Bruises formed on her arms and neck, and her back ached. She had never felt this bad, ever.

She had been planning on it for a while, and had been saving up for a weapon and some training. She just hadn't gotten around to it, or maybe she was just naive enough to believe she could get by without one. But last night proved different. If she had just gotten one, or if she had any sort of defensive training then maybe she could have dealt with it herself.

She got up and rummaged through her trunk for her gold and started counting. She could splurge just a bit, after it all it was for her safety. She grabbed 25 gold and put the rest away into hiding, then headed out. She was off to find a weapon. She had no clue what she wanted, or what she was more suited for, but she was going to find one. She went up and down the streets of Sunberth, being sure to stick to the crowded areas, and nothing.

There were weapons, long swords, short swords, daggers, crossbows, but nothing she wanted or thought she could handle. This was hopeless, she had never felt more defeated then today. She just continued walking, not wanting to go home yet, but feeling so tired. She found herself wondering close to the edge of town, over to where the Slag Heap was. She looked around and saw the ever so subtle sign, 'Dagwood Metal.' She supposed it couldn't be any more of a disappointment then the previous shops.

Walking in she saw shelves of different items and behind the counter a dark skinned woman looked at her. She just looked at the items on the shelves, while the woman just looked at her. She moved some stuff around, swords, and some armor. It was then she saw the only thing that had caught her eye today. Two gloves with claws on the fingers and spikes on the hand. She picked them up and turned to the woman behind the counter,
"How much are these?"
Last edited by Phira on January 4th, 2017, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
So my computer hasn't been acting up lately and I am going to give posting a shot. So if you are still here and have been waiting for me to reply, thank you for your patience, and thank you for being understanding. I will get to them as soon as I can ;)
Phira
Player

Words: 132381
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2016, 7:50 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Phira on January 3rd, 2017, 11:18 pm

62 Season 516

The woman looked at the two gloves and looked back up, "12 gold a piece." she said and set them down on the counter.

Was this woman serious? These were not worth 12 gold a piece. She looked at the woman like she was insane,
"I am not paying 12 gold a piece for those. I'll pay 7 gold a piece." Her tone and her stance was one of all business.

The woman just laughed at her, "12 gold not a copper less."

She rolled her eyes,
"You are telling me that these are worth as much as that sword over there? No possible way! 7 gold a piece."

The woman looked at her with a cocked eyebrow and a knowing smile, "Fair enough. 10 gold a piece."

She shook her head this was going to take a while. She was not going to pay double digits a piece for these two gauntlets. Maybe if she were buying a sword or a bow it would be justified but this woman was just being greedy.
"8 gold."

The woman shook her head and began picking up the gauntlets. "9." she said quickly.

She held up her hand and put them on the gloves to keep them on the counter,
"8 gold a piece." The dark skinned woman looked down at her wrists and her arms, and saw the bruises. She didn't want pity which was why she kept her arms at her sides this whole time, but if pity was what was going to get her this deal then bring on it on. "Please."

The woman looked at her and sighed, "Fine. But you know these aren't really weapons right? Maybe I can get you to buy a dagger or something?" she asked taking the gold she laid out on the counter.

She shook her head,
"No these will do just fine, I think." She said and put them on. The fingers extended out like claws and the spikes on top just added to the intimidation factor. She knew how to use her claws in her leopard form, so these shouldn't be too hard to fight in. At least that was the thought behind it.

OOC8 gold a piece for two Gauntlets (Edged). Total:16 GM spent.
Last edited by Phira on January 4th, 2017, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
So my computer hasn't been acting up lately and I am going to give posting a shot. So if you are still here and have been waiting for me to reply, thank you for your patience, and thank you for being understanding. I will get to them as soon as I can ;)
Phira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Phira on January 4th, 2017, 12:08 am

62 Fall 516

She walked out of there feeling so much better, and now equipped with a weapon. She knew she couldn't wear them all the time, but when she did she was sure no one would bother her. Well she was in Sunberth, so she would always be on guard, but now she could go out and not have the worry in the back of her mind.

She had them on the whole way back to her room. They were a little tight but not all together uncomfortable. She put up her hands and began punching the air. She had been taught on Black Rock how to fight some what, but she had never been good at it. Her peers always got the upper hand on her, and managed to win almost every skirmish she had been thrust into. The children would always mock her for it, saying things like 'That just shows real Myrian's are stronger than fake ones.' It always embarrassed her to lose, but she never took it to heart because she wasn't a myrian. She was a kelvic and so she found her talent in hunting. Still she would love to learn how to fight, if only to make her cousins and friend on Black Rock a little proud.

She kept them on all night until she got to work, where she had to take them off. But she was happy with her choice. Now was to find someone to train her with them, and then find the time to actually go and train. All night long people asked her what happened and she was too embarrassed to say, so she skirted around the subject. She was never one to be embarrassed about anything, but to tell people that someone just came in and did this too her was too hard. She asked around and found out that The Proving Grounds were having free combat classes some time soon. This was perfect! She would be going even if she had to skip work to go. She wouldn't let what happened last night happen again.
Last edited by Phira on January 4th, 2017, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phira
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes