Closed [Rearing Stallion] Dove In The Drink (Dovey)

Garland and Dovey meet and get drunk, high chance of casual flirting.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Rearing Stallion] Dove In The Drink (Dovey)

Postby Garland on January 5th, 2017, 10:48 am

"Dance? I've got two left feet, I'm really drunk and I've got a beautiful dance partner. I would love to!" Garland stood and stretched his limbs.

His armor was heavy and loud, but it was not all that constricting as one would think. He moved with relative ease. Although it did chaff in some areas. Garland couldn't complain, he liked being protected in his armor, and it was useful.

Garland looked over to Dovey, a goofy smile on his face. "I'm no dancer, but I'm too drunk to care!" Garland just started flailing like a mad man, arms wiping around, almost hitting some people, the others that knew Garland just casually walked away.

Garland was 'busting out some sick moves' and by 'sick' I mean like a sick man having a seizure. Of course his horrible dancing only made the tavern more lively. Cheers and laughs as Garland did what can only be described as a masterfully created disaster.

The quote 'It was so bad that it was good' comes to mind. Then Garland started doing a merry little jig, a slow clunky jig, but a jig nevertheless with that he grabbed Dovey's arm. "Come on, dance with this mad man! Make me fall in love again!" He blurted out, but one could only barely hear it over the loud music.

The tavern was in full swing now, people stamped their feet to the rhythm and enjoyed the drink and the people.

Even Kevith couldn't help but smile, usually he was a no-nonsense man, being an ex knight and all, he enjoyed moderate laughter and singing, but he would turn it down if it was getting too rowdy, even so he let Garland have his fun, as long as he didn't break anything.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Dovey on January 5th, 2017, 6:23 pm

Dovey laughed eagerly, jumping at the chance to let Garland distract her. "I warn you, I don't dance much myself." Hopping to her feet, she shook out her wrists and ankles in preparation, then collapsed back against the bar, snickering, when Garland began to dance. The sight was much more amusing than it would have been if she were sober, and it would have been funny even then. Her shoulders shook with mirth as she watched her drinking partner stamp and flail about, nearly whacking some tavern denizen's drink straight out of his hand. Then Garland had captured her arm, hopping up and down in a noisy jig as he called out for her to join him.

Dovey did not know how to jig. At all. But why let that stop her? She followed Garland's pull on her arm and shoved away from the bar, her inhibitions completely worn down by both the alcohol and Garland's example. Her boots thumped on the wooden floor as she danced, at first attempting to copy Garland's footwork, but quickly giving that up and just hopping and kicking in a loose approximation of an actual jig. She grinned broadly up at Garland, her cheeks flushed subtly pink. "Your Syliran taverns aren't half bad!" she shouted above the music.

She began to wave her arms in the air above her head, bending and swaying them to the rhythm of the music. The overall effect was ridiculous, like she had sprouted a pair of insect antennae, but she didn't know that and she wouldn't have cared if she had. "Hey handsome, twirl me!" she said, offering Garland one hand while continuing to wave the other back and forth above her. Her eyes shone with ale-assisted excitement, though if she'd examined the emotion she would have found it strained, like a leather bag carrying too much weight. Still, she'd been right; this dancing was really cheering her up.
"Common" "Fratava" "Pavi"
Dovey
One unlucky girl

Words: 221497
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2016, 10:42 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Garland on January 6th, 2017, 2:11 am

Garland felt the joyous song and dance it was infectious. Everyone from the late arrivals to the serving girls, the tavern was by far the liveliest thing in the city right now.

Garland took Dovey's hand, and twirled her around, she was by no means an expert dancer, and with Garland it looked like two drunk idiots having the time of their lives, and just for tonight they were.

Garland didn't know if it was the drink or if he actually liked Dovey, he wrapped his other arm around her waist and pulled her in. He planted a deep kiss on her lips, feeling hot around the lips.

Garland pulled back, a goofy grin on his face. "Sorry, but it might be the drink talking, but I think I love you." Garland was drunk, he'd most likely forget the whole event by the morning.

"It's most likely the drink talking!" He smiled again and eased up on his grip around her waist. "I probably won't remember tonight, but I would know it was a good one, because of you and not just another night of drinking myself till I black out."

With that he could feel his cheeks burn red, not just from the drink but from his kiss. It was cute, Garland had experience with kissing and beyond, but he always had that young boy look whenever he gives a kiss, the goofy smile, the blush, the shy turning away, one would think this was his first kiss.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dovey on January 6th, 2017, 3:07 am

Dovey twirled once around, clinging to his fingertips, lowering her free arm hastily to avoid whacking it on his own arm as she went past. Her boots shuffled awkwardly on the floor as she turned, having neither the skill nor the footwear to spin fluidly, but nevertheless as she came to a halt she was proud of herself for being so fancy. She was slightly dizzy now, but didn't pay it much concern as she glanced absently around the tavern, then back to Garland's face.

With her drunken levels of cognition, Dovey didn't realize Garland was going in for a kiss until his lips had nearly reached hers. Well, she wasn't complaining. She planted her free hand on Garland's armored shoulder and leaned into the kiss, chin tilted slightly upward. She didn't pull back until a tick after he did.

"Sorry, but it might be the drink talking, but I think I love you." He was grinning fit to kill, and she matched his smile with one of her own that spread wide across her face.

"It's not the drink, I love you too!"

It was definitely the drink.

He softened his grip on her waist, and she settled back down into a more relaxed posture, breathing somewhat hard from both the dancing and the kiss. This was nice, very nice, especially for her first night out in Syliras. "I hope I remember tonight!" she replied, childish excitement saturating her voice. Then she paused. "You're right. I probably won't either. Not too well. But I'll remember you!"

She went to plant a kiss on his cheek and noticed the blush. Her eyebrows shot up as she examined it for a few moments, pondering, before cocking her head to one side and meeting his eyes with hers. "Your face is very red," she informed him, oblivious to the potential this kind of statement had to create awkwardness. She had drunk too much to be thinking about such things.
Dovey
One unlucky girl

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Garland on January 6th, 2017, 4:20 am

Garland's grin grew bigger when she said 'I love you too'. He leaned in and kissed her again. "You don't know how much that makes me happy!"

"Huh?" Garland did feel his blood rushing up his face. "Yeah, yeah I get my face gets red when I'm drunk or with a beautiful lady."

The night in the tavern went by quickly, kissing and dancing and drinking made everything a blur of fun.

It was late into the night when everyone was dying down from their loudness and fun. The tavern was getting quieter and quieter, mostly from the heavier drinkers passing out, there was still song and dance happening, but on a much smaller scale.

Garland could barely see straight, but he had one last duty to perform before he passes out from exhaustion and alcohol consumption.

"Do you want me to walk you home, pretty lady?" He said with a bit of drunken slur here and there now. He held Dovey's hand and slammed down enough money to cover his expenses, five silver was just right.

When they walked out the tavern and into the cold night air, Garland took a deep breath and took it all in. He then vomited most of the contents of his stomach into the street. "Oh, that's horrible." Garland groaned and wiped off the puke. "Where do you live? There is no way I'm letting someone new to the city walk home alone and probably as drunk as me."
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dovey on January 6th, 2017, 10:26 pm

"Yes! Walk me hooome, please." Dovey took Garland's hand, and after some clumsy maneuvering was able to interlace her fingers with his. She rubbed her thumb lightly across his thumbnail as she watched him put down the silver coins for their drinks.

They came out of the tavern together, Dovey swaying slightly as she clung to Garland's hand. The street's stillness presented a sharp constrast with the tavern interior, even now after the festivities within had died down. Dovey peered up and down its length as far as she could see, only for her eyes to travel back to Garland, alarmed, when she heard him retch.

Her wine-sodden reflexes gave her no time to release her grip when he vomited, but she shuffled backwards hastily, managing to avoid being spattered. "Eeeugh!" she cried, though her own stomach was more than a little unsteady. She relinquished his hand at last. "Please, don't do that again." She pointed at the vomit. "That is very gross."

"Hm." She had to ponder for a few moments before answering his question. "...Maiden District. I think. Yes, Maiden District. 'Cause I'm a maiden, see?" Having just moved into her apartment, recalling where it was while drunk was no simple task. Still, the pun made it easier. She looked searchingly at Garland, brow slightly furrowed. "Can you find that? I don't think I can." It hadn't yet occurred to her that they would need to find more than just the district - she would need to track down the apartment itself. For now she wasn't worried about more than reaching Maiden District; in her mind, once they accomplished that everything would have been sorted out.
Dovey
One unlucky girl

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Garland on January 6th, 2017, 11:42 pm

Garland gave a sheepish smile. "Sorry, I couldn't help myself." Garland tried to at least bury the vomit with a bit of loose dirt.

Garland knew where the Maiden District was, he just looked up to see the wall, braziers burning brightly in the night. "I know where that is, just walk away from the gates, but first we have to get to the main-" He gave out a large burp, "-Excuse me. We have to get to the main road and that is due west of here."

Garland took to the streets, holding Dovey's hand through the darkness, drunk as he was, he knows where the main road is and thus he knows roughly where the Maiden District wa located.

With that thought, he just remembered that the squire dorms was fairly far from the Rearing Stallion and various other taverns. Probably to deter the squires from getting smashed and actually making it back home.

Garland didn't care about that right now, he can probably make it back home without passing out in the streets... Again.

"The Maiden District is a beautiful place, perfect for a beautiful lady such as yourself!" Even as drunk as he was, the compliments just kept coming, it was flattering to some, creepy to others, but hilarious because of his drunken and slow slur.

After a little while the drunk duo made it to the main road. "That way! Forward onto home!"
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dovey on January 7th, 2017, 4:21 am

Dovey nodded, taking Garland's hand once more. "Let's go, then!" She followed him through the dim streets, letting him lead the way since he was the one who actually had an idea where they were going. She stumbled a bit on the stonework beneath her feet, but otherwise held up fairly well despite her drunken state.

She giggled in response to Garland's compliment. "Aw, you're sweet." She poked him in the side, stubbing her finger a bit on the armor she had forgotten to take into account. "Oh. Ow." She withdrew her hand, but her finger soon stopped smarting and she was back to her ordinary inebriated self.

She wrapped her free arm around herself as they walked, anchoring her fingers in the folds of her dress as she gazed, open-mouthed, at their surroundings. Syliras was strange; things loomed here like they hadn't in Kenash, or at least the buildings that loomed back home weren't so... so loomy about it. She shrugged off her confusion on that point; it didn't matter so much how they were different, they just were, that was all. Everything was so much drier here, too. The stone, the air...

They turned into the main road, and Dovey grinned at Garland's exclamation. "To home!" she replied enthusiastically, then "...oh. 'Scuse me." Turning abruptly off to the side she vomited into the street.

She spat several times, trying to clear her mouth of the rancid taste, before returning to Garland's side. "Ack. Yuck," she said, and smiled sheepishly at him, closed-lipped. "Guess I shouldn't have said anything when you did that." She shook her head. "Now we're both gross."
Dovey
One unlucky girl

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Garland on January 7th, 2017, 4:34 pm

A sober Garland would have stifled a snicker and try to be polite. A drunk Garland just laughed a hearty laugh. "We're both gross now. Still, I think you're the prettier than I am!"

Garland laughed let her empty her system. There was something very romantic about walking in the streets in the middle of the night, where the stars shone brightly and the only thing they could hear was each other.

Of course, it could have been more romantic if the two of them didn't smell like ale and vomit and weren't drunk off their rocker, but to each their own. "Where do you live in the Maiden District anyway?"

Inside Garland's tiny little drunk mind, he doubted that Dovey would remember where she lived, especially in her inhibited state. In fact, both of them were in no condition to be outside and should be passed out in the tavern instead, at least there they would be warm and safe.

There was always a risk walking in any city at night, even in a city as protected as Syliras, there are always cutthroats in some shady alleyway in every city, although Syliran knights usually deal with them swiftly before things get out of hand.

Garland wasn't worried about thieves right now, mostly because they were extremely rare, and it would be doubtful they would stick up a squire in his armor. He was more worried about just passing out in the streets and walking up naked, tied to the lamp post and having his head shaved... It wouldn't be the first time.

The two of them just started walking down the road, hoping Dovey would notice some sort of landmark or something to identify her home, although, Syliras was built for safety in mind and it was mostly just drab walls, smooth and the occasional brazier or wall sconce.
Garland

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Dovey on January 8th, 2017, 12:08 am

"Uh... in the middle?" Dovey hadn't thought of that problem. She scratched her chin as if that would help her recall, staring at the smooth, well-maintained walls to either side of them. "Yeah. Yeah, 'round the middle. I don't have windows," she added, making a scrunched-up face at Garland to express her displeasure with this state of affairs. "No windows. Gods, that's dumb." She kicked a loose rock; it went skittering along the road ahead of her. "No windows," she muttered sullenly.

Dovey didn't really know where this frustration with her windows, or lack thereof, had come from. When she had first arrived, she hadn't been exactly happy about the lack of natural lighting in her new home, but she had shrugged it off as another one of Syliras's many peculiarities. She hadn't thought about it at all since then, but now the idea really rankled in her drunken mind. In Kenash there had been windows on her house. In Kenash, all you had to do was step out your door, and you were outside. Here you had to walk places for that, and find your way, and things, and then there weren't enough plants and you couldn't see nearly as much sky as you could in Kenash either. Syliras and its stupid giant castle, hah.

Dovey's drunk exuberance was giving way to drunk irritation; though there was potential for her to cheer up again, for the moment she was totally fixated on her frustration with Syliras's design. She turned to watch Garland as he walked beside her. "Don't you think that's really dumb?" she asked, or perhaps demanded would be a more accurate term. Then she shook herself like a cat, the ends of her hair flicking her cheeks. "Gotta get there, gotta get there anyway. Where do we even turn?"
Last edited by Dovey on January 8th, 2017, 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dovey
One unlucky girl

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

PreviousNext