PM to join [Anthonious Fighter's Pit]Wood to Steel(Ferrin)

Ferrin and Draven meet in the fighter's pit, what else is there to do?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Anthonious Fighter's Pit]Wood to Steel(Ferrin)

Postby Draven McNiel on March 16th, 2016, 10:32 am

Date, 516 AV

Draven took in a deep breath of air, both his shoulders and chest rising and then breathed out slowly hoping to get his breath under control though to no avail. He looked over to his sparring partner who seemed to be just as tired as him, if not even more so. Draven was still breathing hard however his gaze then turned toward the floor. That was a very high intensity spar, nothing he had done with his father nor the fights he had before made him this fatigued this fast, perhaps this was due to his lack of long-term combat conditioning, he’d have to work on that.

”It’s cool, no thanks needed just said what I was thinking.” He replied to the man’s thanks, the large armor must have been a burden or so Draven thought. He didn’t see the need in armour, he just had to train to avoid hits right? If he did that then there would be no need for him to wear any sort of armour. ”Guess I should work on that then.” He thought to himself, though he didn’t want to move for a little while. He turned back toward his sparring partner at his question. ”Hm, I’m always up for a drink; but...Let me get cleaned up first. All this sweat feels disgusting.” He chuckled, both at his and the man’s sweaty appearance

Draven took a closer look at the man’s armour however, the majority of people who wore armour such as that in this city were pretty much the squires and knights that ran this place. ”You a squire or knight?” Draven asked out of curiousity unable to tell properly even though he grew up in this very city. ”Still bad at telling the difference. But yeah, let’s meet up at the rearing stallion; that place’s got great drinks.” Although it was on the other side of the city, but he had to go grab a bath anyway so it made a small difference.

Credit for boxcode goes to Karin
Draven McNiel
Player

Words: 79666
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2015, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 16th, 2016, 2:39 pm

"Speech" -- Timestamp -- Thoughts

The duel was thrilling. And highly energizing. Electric vibes shot through Ferrins spine, as he sat down to stretch out his legs and arms. Though, merely a quick strecth as the man before him conversed. Ferrin did mantled the armor. And rested it onto the dirt ground beside him with a sigh of relief. "Alright. That sounds good. I'll meet you there, at the Rearing Stallion after I relinquish this armor back at the Smith. And get a refreshing wash. I'm a Squire. By the way."Said the Kenashian with a tired smile.

The Squire lied down after he unbelted his short broadsword and breathed in and outwards heavily, but calmly. As if he were practicing a breathing exercise.

He closed his eyes for a few ticks and. The Soothing Waters, was something of the sort that had made Ferrin wonder of its peacefulness. Perhaps, he could manage a quick refreshing washing. Ferrin wouldn't mind that one bit. No. He would greatly appreciate the cool refreshing water. "I'll get in a quick wash and meet you over there. Deal?"

The Kenashian sat up, with his cotton clothing swathed. And picked up the chestplate armor and helm. After he strapped his short broadsword back on his waist. His black curled hair wet with sweat. And Ferrins breathing slowed to a casual pace, which was a good sign.

He nodded to Draven."See you there in about a bell or so."And then headed off. As he cling to the armor and helm with both hands.

OOCDo you want to do a part 2 to this?

Credits go to Aislyn

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Draven McNiel on March 22nd, 2016, 9:55 am

Date, 516 AV

Draven managed to catch his breath slowly, his chest moving up and down, he tried to move as much air into his lungs as he could. ”Yeah, meet you there, imma meet you there, take as much time as ya need.” Draven spoke slowly as he stood up to stretch himself out. He raised his arms upward as he let out a deep breath a grin spreading on his face. He looked at Ferrin, wondering on the weight of that armour, he could ask at the tavern later however.

”Yeah, I need a wash myself, this body of mine reeks as it is.” Draven said as he took a whiff of his armpits, and then bent over to pick the sword off the floor. He would need to put it back, his wooden sword came out to no use; Draven wussed out on it but against the man in front of him would have ripped through that weapon as it was; he’d need to improve his skills more if he wished to use a wooden weapon. ”Yeah, see ya in a bit buddy; gonna drop this sword off.” He said as he gave a nod back and jogged off toward the sword rack to return the weapon his breathing was still a little laboured but he felt some of his energy return.

Draven reached the weapon rack, his eyes scanning through the selection of weapons and put the sword where he remembered he had gotten it from. ”Now then, lets go and get washed up.” He said as he walked to leave the fighting grounds, his home was far from this place and it’d take him a good while to get back home to begin with. He’d have to be quick.

Draven McNiel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 23rd, 2016, 1:57 am

"Speech" -- Timestamp -- Thoughts

With the spar now at an end. Ferrin had been able to relinquish his gear and sword as he inhaled the foul oder that released from his hard work. The win had been worth it. For the most part, so it seemed. And Ferrin was secretly glad that he had won a match with a one on one duel. Though, he took his best efforts to attempt not to boast, and usually he can always tend his best manners.

"Aye, see you there my good friend."The two had departed and Ferrin could feel the sweat that had stiched into his skin.

A bell or so later.

With the armor relinquished at the Grounds. Ferrin had managed to get in a quick wash. It took a couple more chimes than the man had had expected. But, the refreshing aroma of his newly cleaned abode kept him at bay from being agitated of those times that he hadn't had had those most opportune moments. The man's clothes were still infested with sweat and grime, but be can always clean those as well. He had had decided to wear his cotton shirt and leather jerkin with his cottoned pants as well. He had had brought his cloak along as well, whence he had the time to gather his other clothing.

The Rearing Stallion:

Whilst the walk to the Rearing Stallion was somewhat refreshing to the Kenashians mind. He felt a certain ease pass over him. And he felt a smile strain across his warm visage as he had been greeted with the door that led into the busy tavern.

Surely, Draven would have had arrived at first glance before Ferrin had. He didn't have to walk back to the Grounds. The man that Ferrin had sparred with had sat at the counter with a meal at the ready and a glass. Ferrin stepped towards Draven with ease as he avoided a few gazes from drunken men."Hey there Draven. Sorry it had taken me a bit long. I can make it up with a few drinks. How does it go with you?"

Credits go to Aislyn

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Draven McNiel on December 22nd, 2016, 9:53 pm

Date, 516 AV

Draven found himself at the soothing waters soon after leaving Ferrin, the man would most likely take a while taking his armour off and dropping it back, so Draven felt that he had the time to take a small dip after the rather eventful training session. There was some fatigue in his movements through the rather cramped hallways of Stormhold. The walk to the other end would certainly take a while however as his destination was all the way in the Nettle district so Draven sighed, at least it was relatively close to the tavern that the pair would certainly be going to. ”Better push harder if I wanna get there in time.”

While this sounded a little bit harsh for the gentle person that was Draven, growing up in Syliras this logic was generally not unfounded and so he dived into the sea of people and got himself to his destination following the current of footsteps. The sweaty damp smell stood out to him at first, however not long after did he find that he became used to it as he always did after walking back inside from the cleaner air outside. ”Finally, get to clean myself. Though my clothes are a little dirty, gotta remember to get more clothes one of these days.” He thought to himself as he debated using the laundry services but decided to forgo it as he felt it was an unnecessary expense.

He paid at the reception and got in to get his bath, it was a good thing he kept some money on himself for these moments. He got himself a towel and some soap for a just in case, the luxury of bathing was limited for most, and Draven got the chance just a tad more than others even if his work took him out of the citadel a lot. Upon getting rid of his clothes he went directly into the bathing complex and found himself an unoccupied corner to quickly rinse himself with. Once he was done he hopped back out and found his clothes, wooden sword and money right where he left them. He smelled himself quickly when getting out and made his way straight to the Rearing Stallion, the agreed upon meeting place.

He opened the door in his usual boisterous way, but unlike usually he didn’t announce his presence, not like he needed to. This time he rode right up to the bar itself instead of waiting for one of the bargirls. The usual glare from the ex-knight followed however Draven ordered himself two meals and drinks for himself and Ferrin, It wasn’t long however after getting his food that he found the other male arriving. ”No worries, haven’t been here that long, spent a little bit longer in the baths, these muscles won’t ache too bad in the morn I hope.” He said gesturing to the seat next to him.

”If you’re offering drinks though, I could do with a few more ales after this one.” He said to his drinking companion with a smile, his drinking skills were somewhat stunted but he didn’t want to look lame nor did he want to admit his low tolerance. ”Anyway how about starting us off with your story, what made you want to join the order?” He said to get the conversation flowing, he didn’t realise this might be a little too serious for a conversation starter but even if he did this would have eaten at him enough to just ask anyway.

Text color change :
Changed the text because it was a little hard to read in the old purple, should be easier now.

Draven McNiel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 23rd, 2016, 12:50 am

Timestamp:

”No worries, haven’t been here that long, spent a little bit longer in the baths, these muscles won’t ache too bad in the morn I hope."

"Yep, same, that armor was a drag to carry around. So much weight. At first, I hadn't liked wearing armor because of the weight. I guess I was being quite arrogant about the armor thing." Ferrin replied, it sure felt good to wear his clothes, and for them to air out to, he felt relieved that he .Anaheim to get in a wash. Though, slightly guilty for making Draven have to wait up on him. "Oh, so I haven't made you wait too long then. Good, I felt somewhat guilty for leaving you hanging." The squire spoke in a dismissive tone and shurgged.

Ferrin smiled to the nice man, Draven as he seemed to have bought Ferrin, and himself, drinks and lunch for the two of them. "Oh, thank you. Well, it's something that I can pitch in with, right?" Ferrin said in an appreciative manner.

Not soon later, their food had arrived and the two were engaged with more conversation.

”Anyway how about starting us off with your story, what made you want to join the order?”

Ferrin washed down a bite of his meal with his ale. He's not really much of an ale or beer person. He'll drink red wines, but that's mostly about it. He tends to like that sweet taste. He thought about what Draven said for a few ticks before responding.

"Um... for adventure I guess. My father told stories of my family being a part of the Order for some time."

"How about you?"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Draven McNiel on December 26th, 2016, 12:53 pm

Date, 516 AV

“Haha, I can imagine bud that heavy armour looks like it can be a drag to lug ‘round, I ain’t see myself do that for a reason, but ‘least it's free!” Draven said guessing from past experience, armour isn’t cheap which is part of the reason he hadn’t purchased any as of yet. Draven took a bite from his meal as the other man seemed to relax, at least there was a healthy flow of squires Draven thought to himself, as a citizen of Syliras that was a rather calming fact.

”No way, I’m a bit of a slow one myself, just gotta get that soak time in.” He said waving the other male off as he spoke with a half-full mouth. He took a swig from his drink noticing the bitter aftertaste of ale but it went down his throat as easily as his food did. ”Already paid for it pal, I’ll let you get the next ‘round of drinks” He said as he cut up a piece of meat, wondering just what it was; it was probably better to have asked what was in the meal.

”I can understand that, became a mercenary for the same reason, that and following in my old man’s footsteps; gotta pass something down I guess.” He said laughing as he finished off the last of his food, noticing just how fast he had hammered it down. He took another mouthful of ale. ”Squireing must be pretty exciting right? You work under another knight as they pass down their teachings and experiences so you can grow to be even better than they were. If you ask me that sounds a little humbling, feels like a true teacher-student relationship. He said as he took his drink down to finish it off, his chest felt a little hot while his head felt a touch lighter, he didn’t want to give away he had a bad tolerance to alcohol.

”Next ‘rounds on you pal! Might as well wind down properly after all that training, we’ve got our work to get back to once we finish up ‘ere.” He said rubbing the back of his head sheepishly, his fake confidence shone through as did his desire for a more exciting day.

Forgot this :
Costs for everything.
2 mugs of ale = 2sm
2 lunches are 1 gm
For the baths it was..
2SM for bath-time
6 cm for towel and soap
5sm for a tip

Draven McNiel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 29th, 2016, 11:53 pm

Timestamp:

“Haha, I can imagine bud that heavy armour looks like it can be a drag to lug ‘round, I ain’t see myself do that for a reason, but ‘least it's free!”Said Draven. Ferrin nodded.

"For the most part. I don't have to pay for the damage done to it. It's quite handy if you ask me. Though; I do miss the leather." Ferrin replied. Taking another bite or two, he thoughtfully looked back at his hunting career. It was fun and all, though, he wanted more adventure, and something to keep him occupied. Year long. It was strange of course, the transition. Why would a hunter, earning at least four hundred Mizas annually give up a job to become a Squire? It wasn't something too hard to think about. All he wanted was to earn that pride and honor. To make his mark as he lived in Mizahar. That's about it. To prove himself worthy.

”No way, I’m a bit of a slow one myself, just gotta get that soak time in.” The response was slightly peculiar, on the other hand, Ferrin would imagine. Training hard can work up a sweat. Always need cleaning. Ferrin smiled.

"Yes. Yes. Always need a wash." Ferrin added emphatically. He took some more bites of his dinner that Draven so generously payed for the two of em'. The squire took a small swig of his ale. Ferrin isn't much of a drinker. His hearing felt muffled, too much chatter from the other visitors of the Rearing Stallion. It wasn't the first time though. It seems to be loud throughout most of the day.

”Already paid for it pal, I’ll let you get the next ‘round of drinks” Ferrin nodded. There was something about the alcohol that Ferrin never admired about. He can't quite remember the reasoning behind it all. Nonetheless, the thought would usually recoil in his mind some time later.

"Sure thing!" Ferrin hid the fact that the taste of ale didn't bother him. He would rather be a follower than a leader at this point. Plus, he seemed to have made a new friend/acquaintance.

”I can understand that, became a mercenary for the same reason, that and following in my old man’s footsteps; gotta pass something down I guess.”

"A mercenary. You plan to travel?"Asked Ferrin. "Family tradition? Hmmm... haven't heard something like that before. I've heard of families in the Order, but not a family type business of mercenaries."Commented Ferrin, he was shocked, but interested. "Was it a choice, or was it the only option you've had to take?"

”Squireing must be pretty exciting right? You work under another knight as they pass down their teachings and experiences so you can grow to be even better than they were. If you ask me that sounds a little humbling, feels like a true teacher-student relationship. "

"It's pretty interesting. Especially when you have an uncle as your patron." Ferrin replied quite anxiously.

”Next ‘rounds on you pal! Might as well wind down properly after all that training, we’ve got our work to get back to once we finish up ‘ere.”

"Hey! Barmaiden!" Ferrin waved for the waitress to come over. She came over, tray under her arm.

"What can I do for ya two?" Asked the waitress.

"Two ales? Please." Ferrin said fished up a gold miza.

"Certainly. I'll be right on it." The waitress hurried off to fetch two mugs of ale. Ferrin returned his attention to Draven.

"So... how long have you been in Syliras?"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Draven McNiel on January 7th, 2017, 3:32 am

Date, 516 AV

”Not bad at all, that can be pretty nifty at times, not much of an armour guy. Might need to invest in one after seeing how you moved in it, might be more interesting in leather ‘ere.” Draven said remembering the rather good spar the pair had. It was definitely tiring, though the extra protection the large suit of metal gave was certainly a smart investment, Draven just felt that it impeded his flexibility, not that he was flexible to begin with after all, he did however need every edge he could get. Draven took another bite of his food to finish the set off, wondering just how fast he must have been eating; must have been the company.

”Maybe one day, I know my old man’s travelled a little but I don’t think I’m ready to step out into the world yet.” Draven said pondering the question, maybe his combat skills were just about ready, but he knew too little of the world at large. He couldn’t blame anyone for his ignorance either, as he never made much of an effort to learn about the world. ”Eh, not much of a family business, just a way of life we pass down I guess. I know my old man’s dad did the same, not sure past that.” Draven said rubbing the back of his head, his father never really told him much of his own family.

”Heh wanted to be like my old man as much as I could so I just followed in his footsteps I guess, still look to be better than he was and reach the goals that he couldn’t” Draven blurted out quite carelessly, though his old man’s goals were pretty vague and the young man had no idea where to actually start. ”Pretty cool when you can work with your family though he must be extra hard on you huh?” Family where usually the first to want to push you further, Draven understood that pretty well.

Draven pondered on the next question, he was sure that he was born here although his father told him that he was found in the woods nearby and was definitely fairly small for a baby, most likely a few weeks old. ”Not really sure, I’ve been here as long as I can remember, my old man told me he found me only a few weeks old so my whole life I guess. How about you?” Draven said carelessly passing over the fact he was in fact adopted; which addressed the weird way he talked about his father.

Draven saw the barmaid head back with a pair of drinks in her hands and placed it down in front of the two. ”Thanks!” Draven said flashing her a smile before he went back to the conversation noting that the barmaid was pretty attractive. ”Pretty great back on that one huh? I’m here every so often but never seen her around, what’s your type then pal?” Draven said looking to nudge the knight with his elbows while giving him a knowing look while noting that time was passing faster than expected, it wouldn't be long till he left to meet up with a client.

Credit for the boxcode goes to Karin
Draven McNiel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Previous