Closed Home Upon Your Shores (Skyard)

Bondmates reunited, a lost Myrian finally returning home.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Home Upon Your Shores (Skyard)

Postby Kaie on December 21st, 2016, 3:04 am

10th Day of Winter, 516 AV
6th Bell

Jeida's upper body lunged over the side of the ship again to empty the contents of her stomach. A smile twitched upon Kaie's face at the sight. Several years ago she'd been in the same position, but several long sea voyages since her first had lessened the intensity and duration of sea sickness. She arched a brow at her younger sister. "A drink?" Kaie asked mockingly in their mother tongue, giving the wine skin in her hand a teasing shake. Jeida heaved over the side of the ship again. A few moments were spared before she willed herself to sit back on the deck. "Petch. You," the younger sibling managed. If she wasn't so focused on keeping whatever remained of her breakfast, Kaie knew Jeida's defense would've been accompanied by an impressively deadly glare. The older of the pair laughed before taking a long swig of wine.

The past season in Sunberth had been particularly dark. Kaie's bondmate, Skyard Underwood, had been plucked from her embrace without explanation or single hint to his whereabouts. The strength of their connection had made her privy to all of his suffering and in turn amplified her own. The madness evoked from her separation from Skyard drove her insane and reckless enough to participate in a death match tournament, more so to feel the brush of death than for the Miza purse. Death found her nonetheless but it inexplicably didn't take. Instead she'd been left with a scar of its memory. Even Jeida was still recovering from a grave wound that nearly ended her life. More time spent in the City of Anarchy would've undoubtedly resulted in one or both of their deaths. Kaie's recent epiphany that she could find her lover again through the bond, however, was a driving theory that perhaps saved both Myrians from an untimely end.

A chance encounter with a fearless captain, who claimed to have made contact with the Village of the Shining Scales in his past travels, agreed to make the trip again for Kaie's ludicrous offer and brought them to the present. The elder sister leaned her forearms upon the railing near the bow of the ship. Her amber eyes fixated on the horizon while gulls shrieked from above. The very presence of the crooked-winged birds was enough to lift her spirits, for they signaled the approach of land. More importantly, a crushing weight seemed to slowly lift from her shoulders. She was beginning to feel more like herself with each ocean ripple the vessel sailed through. The madness that seized her finally seemed to be releasing its vice-like grip.

"You truly think he's home? In our jungles?" Jeida had reluctantly made her way beside Kaie, face still pale despite their shared copper complexion. Kaie's brow knit but her stare never wavered. She nodded. "Yes. He's this way. I can feel it." Jeida, too, fixated her focus forward but said nothing. Her skepticism over the legitimacy of Kaie and Skyard's unique, powerful bond had wavered with time and experience. It was simply a connection one outside the bonded pair couldn't truly grasp. Jeida couldn't deny that Kaie seemed to recover from her previous state the closer to Falyndar they moved. And ironically enough to the younger sister, Kaie was finally doing what she should've done so many years before: come home.

"There it is," Jeida exclaimed bells later, her miserable expression brightening suddenly. Kaie's eyes narrowed and her body leaned over the side of the ship as though an extra foot made a difference. She turned her head to give her younger sister a questioning look, who extended her index finger toward the horizon. The elder sister suddenly turned on a whim like a woman possessed. In a few ticks she was upon the rat lines making the short yet precarious ascent, balance shaky and movements careful. She didn't dare look down. Before long she was in the crow's nest and staring long past the bow of the ship. The broad grin that stretched across her face hurt her cheeks. The shadowy outline of Falyndar in the distance alone made her knees weak.

Not a single deck hand had started prepping the vessel before Kaie had returned to the upper deck and dove thoughtlessly over the ship's side. Her body cut through the warm tropical waters like a knife through fresh butter. No time was wasted after her first surface. Swimming was far from her specialty, but a front stroke propelled by anxious arms was enough to carry her efficiently toward the shore while her legs fluttered furiously behind her. The tide itself seemed to usher her inland.

A rolling wave crushed Kaie upon her homeland's sandy shore. She clawed her way up the beach with tired arms until she was far enough from the ocean that waves merely licked at her heels. Fingers dug in and curled closed with fistfuls of sand. The Myrian woman sat back on her heels and let the fine grains slip through her grip to be taken by the breeze. Palms in the jungle ahead whispered her name in the wind and the echoes of life masked within it beckoned her forth. For so long she had dreamed of the present moment. There were times the very fantasy of this world so out of reach fueled her single resolve to carry on, to persevere in the face of adversity and conquer odds so impossibly out of her favor.

A heavy weight she carried on her shoulders so long she'd nearly forgotten its existence fell away. Tears welled in her eyes. Her body folded forth until her forehead was pressed to the hot sand. For the first time in what felt like forever, Kaie's composure was finally broken. Her body visibly shook and her crying left her breathless. Even broken, there remained a driving force that reminded her she was still not whole.

Skyard...

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Skyard Underwood on December 24th, 2016, 6:46 am

The Jungles were unfriendly, and treacherous; so much as taking a step in the wrong area could get an individual bitten and killed by a venomous snake. A turn in the wrong direction could land an individual in the mouth of a beast, and not paying enough attention on it's own was dangerous. How his beloved Kaie resided here for so long was beyond him. He could only imagine the struggles of living in such a horrifying area, but she unlike him had not been stranded and alone. As he took several slow and steady paced steps through the area, and moved with caution he felt something odd. The presence of his lover could not be mistaken for anything other than what it was; she was here. He was currently full dressed, but if he had not been he would strip the clothes right off his body and charge until he found her.

He sensed distress, relief and longing all at the same time; these were not his emotions, and the sudden overwhelming feeling of emotion only confirmed what he felt. He stopped mid-step on his walk, and closed his eyes for a moment in attempt to visualize where she was. Perhaps he could find her, and locate her without using his body first. He wanted to ensure that she truly was there rather than waste his time attempting to find out. The Kelvic attempted to meditate for a moment although it had not been the wisest decision for him to make. Several slow inhalations followed by exhalations took him into the depths of his mind. Suddenly he found himself face-to-face with the sands on the shore, and wondered if he had just found her. Skyard did not want to waste another moment, and channeled djed from his heart.

His heart rate increased and became rapid in a split-tick whilst the djed he focused so hard on making use of rocketed into his calves. Skyard sped off and his legs moved far more rapidly than they ever had before, but he felt the djed as it gathered in his legs and seemed to exit from his heels. The Kelvic had overwhelmed himself all in a single go, and within a few mere ticks he began to notice sand off in the distance. She was not far off from this location, and he felt almost as if he had been pulled toward his left. The Kelvic turned immediately and managed to ram his shoulder into a large Tree; The bark tore into his skin but he continued to press on as if it had not even occurred.

Tears began to form in his eyes, and he felt his heart race at such a pace that his head began to pound. Veins began to show on the surface of his skin, and beads of sweat began to pour down his visage; his vision blurred, and his mouth gaped. His body demanded more oxygen than he could take in, but he pushed on and continued to ignore the fact that he reached his limit. For his beloved Kaie he would travel any distance, face any foe, walk into a blazing inferno, or even face Dira herself without fear. His jaw clenched for a moment, and he laid eyes upon a woman as his heels suddenly felt incredibly hot; as if he had walked across hot coal. The only thing that kept him moving was his motivation to find her, to touch her flesh one more time, and to show her how much he missed her.

She would likely blame him for being whisked away from her, and kidnapped; he was snatched away from her before he even had the opportunity to say goodbye, or so much as tell her he loved her. Involuntary convulsions took place in his legs, and they began to move upward in his body all the way to his core muscle. The kelvic felt as if he were constantly being shocked, and yet he endured the pain so that he could reach her. She was on the beach, and appeared to have swam to shore with the way her hair and clothing seemed to be wet.

The distance had finally been nearly closed, but the Kelvic collapsed approximately fifteen meters away from her, and began to crawl and make several attempts to stand only to fail. “Get up, damn you!” he thought to himself as his physical strength began to crumble. He could feel himself about to completely lose the battle against overgiving as a metallic taste filled his mouth.

“Kaie!” He screamed at the top of his lungs, despite the fact that he had been nearly out of breath, and the sweat began to pour down his visage like the water in a riverfall. At last he reached her, and got to lay eyes on her again, the tears that once formed in his eyes ceased in an instant. He fell yet again in another attempt to stand up,and continued to crawl toward her.

You're... Here

Last edited by Skyard Underwood on February 20th, 2017, 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Words: 205954
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 5:20 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on December 27th, 2016, 3:58 am

Skyard.

The name whispered in her mind again and again like a mage's mantra. There was a shift, an amplification of their connection. Some of her own emotions felt as though they were echoing back to her like a voice reverberating across a chasm. Desperation. Longing. Excitement. It was like he too knew she was near.

The weight upon her that altered her state like a drunken stupor over rational thought waned with each passing tick. No malevolence fixed in her direction was detected by her intuition, but a violent crashing through the jungle foliage signaled something heading her way.

The Myrian woman lifted her head only to find welled tears inhibiting her vision. Hastily, she wiped them away just in time to spy the exhausted, sweaty frame of her bondmate crash upon the sand before her. The tears she'd tried to stall poured freely again. Her amber eyes went wide and a hand rose to cup over her mouth.

It all seemed like naught but a dream. The man willed his spent frame forth on all fours. Her name carved through the tranquility of crashing waves upon the beach and tweeting birds flitting through the nearby tropical trees.

"Skyard!" Kaie found her feet as soon as she'd found her voice. She sprinted toward him to cross the small distance that remained, sand kicking behind her and heart racing. The Myrian came at him sidelong, tackling despite his being on all fours with arms wrapped tightly about his torso. The momentum carried them rolling twice before they landed with her on top. Kaie pressed her lips to his.

It was all she could do not to shatter with the reality of his touch. It mattered not to the Falyndar native that sweat beaded his skin or platinum blond hair. The heat of his skin, the electricity of his touch, it was all real. It had seemed as though a nightmare had yielded finally to the waking world. Yet then a second wakening kicked in.

She pulled back and her palm slapped him roughly across the face. "What the petch?!" Kaie shouted down at him, pulling back from their embrace to sit up on him. "You petch me. You bond with me. Then you disappear the day we were set to leave Riverfall?" Another hand came down with lightning-like speed. Her brow furrowed and she raised a finger at him. Surely he could still feel love, but it was anger that dominated her feelings toward him now.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Skyard Underwood on December 27th, 2016, 4:25 am

Skyard did not hesitate to react the moment she struck him across the face as if he had truly done something wrong. However, he knew far more than she did in this particular circumstance; he understood why she would be upset. Yet, without batting an eye his right hand shot forth, and he commanded djed through the entirety of his arm. The Kelvic seized the opportunity to gain advantage of his bond-mate and change their position. His shoulder rotated before he had time to stop himself, and he quickly thwarted her equilibrium. As not to harm her he used his opposed arm as he sat upright to catch her in his arms while he stood tall again. He held her in the way that he had dreamed of doing in quite a while, his right arm found itself beneath her knees and his left upheld her upper body.

“Kaie, you are a god damned fool if you believe that I would ever leave you purposely. Coming to this forsaken jungle was not my choice. I would not be here if it weren't for those damned mages that dragged me here against my will, and without you. However, I have learned quite a bit about everything from being here. I love you, and I would never willingly betray you. I promised you that day on the beach, and I meant each and every single word that I said.. Forgive me.”

He concluded his speech, and then collapsed again with her in his arms. His rump thudded against the sand, and Skyard found himself lost in her gaze. She was angry, but at the same time he could feel the overwhelming sense of love and longing from her. Her emotions were like a whirlpool; one that raged so violently that it could shake the seas, and yet appear beautiful on the surface. To Skyard she meant everything, and although he hardly had any time to catch his breath; the Kelvic leaned in closer to her visage. He whispered in her left ear, and could only hope that she would understand how many nights he spent thinking of her. How many times he wished she had been at his side, and how many attempts he made to contact her through their bond.

“I'm sorry, I was too weak to stop them. I could not move, and all I could do was fall. I prayed many a'times to Wysar that fate may connect us again and it did. You remained loyal to me despite the fact that you thought I abandoned you, as did I... but why should we worry about yesterday, when we can spend today building a new tomorrow.. Together?” he spoke again in a soft tone, followed by which he placed a single kiss upon his beloveds forehead.

She was finally here, and in his arms again. The warmth of her body felt so familiar to him, and he never wanted to part from it again if he could help it. He had been to weak to fight off his captors initially, but he would never allow himself to fall beneath the foot of another mage again. Skyard understood what it truly meant to be at an all time low. Kaie was the answer to all of his prayers, and she found him despite the fact that he vanished without a trace. He knew that there was nothing she would not do for him, and he was certain that she understood his myriad of emotions.

“You're, everything to me Kaie... I've attempted suicide because I thought you would never come. I fought predators and slew prey alike in the Jungle. I spent many nights sleepless because you were not here and I became uncomfortable.... Without you I do not want to exist.”.. Skyard was finally done speaking, and he brought his lips closer to her own whilst he looked her in the eye.

Without hesitation he tilted his head to the left, and delivered a kiss with such passion that he could practically feel the heat radiate off of his lips and be transferred to her own. Despite the fact that he was drenched with sweat, and she with water his right hand found itself at her jaw line. His fingertips caressed her flesh again, and he cradled her closer to his chest.

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on December 27th, 2016, 11:16 pm

He seemed utterly exhausted by the time she'd crossed the space between to both embrace and sorely reprimand him. Nonetheless, Skyard found the strength within to rise with her in his arms. Her legs settled familiarly around him as he held her. His glacier-colored eyes bore into her and she found it utterly impossible to tear her gaze away. The Kelvic already possessed her mind, body, and soul. Now, with stern words and a fortified display of masculinity, he commanded her attention. Gaps in her understanding were finally beginning to fill.

Mages?

Guilt intruded her consciousness and shifted away from her bondmate.

Dragged away against his will? How did I not feel it? Sense it? Why could I not come to his defense before he was gone?

An image of her beloved shackled, caged, and stowed in the bowels of some gods forsaken ship across the Suvan Sea sickened her. If the Lion hadn't torn them apart yet, Kaie would see to it that the mages were punished severely. Skyard's lips moved beside her ear and then pressed against her forehead in a way that nearly disarmed her.

Back on the sand again, she ran her fingers through his hair while he spoke. His words brought a smile to her face. Indeed they were together again, and both could be certain of loyalty for surely they would've known if one had known another's touch. Skyard was right, the Myrian supposed. The recent days behind them had been a dark and hopeless abyss that might've swallowed them whole if they lost resolve. Syna had set and risen upon their reunion. Brighter days remained ahead. Yet one last dark cloud had to be addressed before the fury could give way to bliss.

"You what?" Had the Myrian not already reddened his cheek with a strike she would've hit him again. Her eyes tightened. Rather than corporal punishment this time, she placed both hands firmly on either side of his face. "Suicide? A coward's escape. You would've dishonored us both." Then she pressed her lips to his, and it felt as though she was falling in love with him all over again now that he was there in flesh.

When she released him again she found herself brushing away another pesky stray tear, a laugh escaping her. "If it makes you feel any better, our jungle is kind to no one, my love. Few make it alone. How have you survived?"
Last edited by Kaie on May 23rd, 2017, 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Skyard Underwood on December 28th, 2016, 6:12 pm

Skyard was in disbelief that she was here, and knew that he could do nothing more than be happy to see her. However his joy was robbed from him all in an instant; he felt an overwhelming feeling of guilt resonate from his bond-mate. Did she blame herself for his disappearance? He would hope that she did not, and that she would accept that nothing happens without reason. If it were not for his disappearance she would not have gotten to travel far and wide for quite some time. Perhaps it was his destiny to fall victim to kidnapping so that she would search far and wide to find him.

The muscle convulsions began in his arms simultaneously, and as a result he held her even closer to himself. The pain he felt became immense, and his jaws clenched involuntarily followed by his calves doing the exact same thing and then stopping. Skyard felt his blood run cold for a moment, and as if all the warmth had been seized from his body all at once. The Kelvic could hardly tell the difference between over-giving and losing touch with reality. His breaths became short, and rapid paced, his heart raced and his eyes widened all at the same time.

However, the moment she ran her fingers through his hair she soothed him almost in an instant. Skyard wrapped his arms around his beloved slightly tighter and brought her in closer to him. If he could simply remove any and all space between them he would. She suddenly became slightly upset again at the thought of him attempting suicide; she believed it to be a cowards escape. Skyard could do no more than agree, but at the time he was distressed and had not been quite aware of what he did. He watched as she removed yet another tear from her visage, and She robbed his lungs of air yet again with another kiss upon his lips.

The Kelvic thought of the many days and nights he spent longing for this moment to come. She asked how he had survived here alone; when in fact he had not and an entire settlement was present. He wondered how she would respond to an unknown civilization being hidden alongside her home. “Well, the truth of that matter is that I did not. Survival alone here should be virtually impossible, despite the abundance of food here. There are still many things that look to slay anything living alongside them. From large predators, to six legged bugs that deliver a powerful bite to snakes in the Trees... A settlement exists here, this place is called Syka.” Skyard concluded his speech and then a thought immediately came to mind.

“Why don't we spend the night here on the beach? We need some alone time before we travel back, and we both need rest. This is quite the safe place to rest, but if we go to higher shore the water probably will not reach us. “ He suggested before he placed a kiss upon her lips in return, but rather than allow her the chance to speak he became aggressive. His kisses became far more passionate than before, and he began to move toward the flesh of her windpipe to deliver several more kisses along it. The Kelvic had almost forgotten the aforementioned suggestion he made to her in an instant. Hopefully she would remind him before all was forgotten, and bliss set in fully.

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on January 3rd, 2017, 5:33 am

The Myrian woman leaned back a bit. Her brow furrowed. Her amber eyes searched his as though she could find a different meaning to his words there. Thoughts reeled in her head.

Settlement? Syka?

It was a wonder she heard anything else the man said afterward. The mere concept of a settlement in Falyndar was unfathomable. Blasphemous, really. The jungle belonged to the Myrians. In their eyes, there was no room to tolerate anyone else. Dozens of races had gone extinct in their warpath. The Symenestra were forced out of the borders. The Charoda were marked for death the moment they reached the shores. All that remained were the wretched Dhani permitted to live safety in the subterranean depths of Zinrah by the grace of Caiyha alone. Even then, a blockade had been established by Myri to monitor constrictor movements and pick off those that dared emerged from the underground.

How could a settlement even be possible? How could our people ever stand for this?

Kaie ran both her hands through her hair. Again, it felt like everything she knew was flipping on its head. It was beginning to feel like lifetimes since she'd last been on her home shores, not years. If a settlement of non-Myrians in Falyndar was possible there could be a much longer list of things changed she was unaware of. Things that should simply not be. So much was happening all at once. The woman was beyond overwhelmed. The only comfort was Skyard's touch and the realization he was real and not the illusion of someone heart-sick.

Her bondmate's next actions moved them in a familiar direction. His lips upon hers were welcomed with enthusiastic kisses of her own as though they had become instinctual. Pecks along her neck moved electricity through her body. Her eyes closed and the Myrian woman slowly began to fall into his embrace. While the world seemed to be shifting all around her, the space occupied by her and Skyard appeared frozen in time. Known. Unchanging. Anchoring.

"That sure didn't petching take long did it?" Jeida's voice called over the waves. Kaie's eyes flashed open wide and she turned her head around to spy the sister she'd almost forgotten about since she hit the beach. A crew member from the ship sputtered in the hot sun as he rowed fiercely, trying to maintain control of the tiny vessel and avoid thinking about what horrors might've laid in the waters below.

"Well shyke, don't let me interrupt, love birds," Kaie's pisser of a younger sister mocked from where she sat among their possessions before some sort of realization hit her. "You. Skyard? When get out of boat, cutting off you dick!" To bring weight to her point, Jeida procured her sword from her side and gave it a little wave in the air. The rower flinched and seemed to momentarily panic before he grasped the punishment was not intended for him, but for the poor bastard on the sand that had evidently angered the savage girl he toted.

Kaie turned back to Skyard with an almost apologetic look and a shrug. She planted her lips to his forehead before she reluctantly untangled herself from his embrace. "Rest, my love. I'll be right back," the Myrian murmured just as the row boat met the beach.

Jeida and the sailor hopped out and Kaie jogged over in time to give her foolhardy sister a light shove. "Petch off, I've got it," she instructed, taking a very unhappy Jeida's place to help pull the rowboat further up the beach away from the pull of the waves. "I'm almost healed! So I got stabbed a few times? It's not like I lost a petching limb," Jeida complained, reaching into the beached boat to collect her bag. Kaie swung her own over her shoulders and recovered her spear. "Almost isn't healed. Rip your stitches surviving the trek home through the jungle, not hauling wood along the sand. Use your petching head."
"What's that phrase that barbarian girl used in that tavern? Is this the pot calling a cat black?"
"It's kettle, not cat. And you do anything to his dick and you'll find yourself missing a limb after all."

The sailor, visibly uncomfortable throughout their foreign exchange, mustered up the courage to awkwardly clear his throat. "Uh, the Captain. He, uh. Well, you know he'll--" he began before Kaie cut him off with a gesture with her spear-hand. "I owe Swiftfoot for more than this trip. Here..." The Myrian planted the spear into the sand and swung her backpack off one shoulder. Her freed hand fished through until she procured a heavy sack of Mizas. The sailor slowly extended his cupped hand. Before long he found himself tearing off his hat to catch what couldn't be held with an amazed expression. "One-hundred should make us even. Now get the petch out of here. You'll be sorry if anyone but us spots you here." The man nodded and placed the hat into the boat. Then, with Kaie and a stubborn Jeida's aid, the rowboat was restored to the water so the man might return to the safety of the far larger ship.

It was Jeida who turned back around first. Her eyes closed. A deep inhale was taken followed by a dramatic exhale. Then her eyes opened to settle on Skyard. Kaie dropped her coin purse back in her pack, looped her arm back through the strap, and scooped her spear from where it pierced the sand. Her arm shot out to give her sister pause before a reckless move could be made. "We talked. Not his fault. You and I have far bigger problems to discuss," Kaie explained sternly before she made the first move forward back to her beloved.

When she reached him she extended her hand down and offered a bright smile. "Come. First we go to the Village of the Shining Scales. Then I'm going to take you right back here and petch you like it's our last night in this world." Jeida rolled her eyes and led the charge up the beach in the direction of the nearby village.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Skyard Underwood on January 4th, 2017, 4:34 am

Their moments of bliss, and reunion were gone the moment he heard her petching voice. The very person that he hoped not to see, and or hear a word from arrived on the scene; Jeida. The younger sibling to his beloved; one that he grew tired of the instant that he encountered her. Kaies sister certainly could be a pain in the rear end at times, and The Kelvic paused in his multitude of affections for his beloved to lock eyes with her. She attempted to speak in common, and with a broken sentence she infuriated him; had she been a commoner and not the sister to his beloved he would have killed her the moment she spoke. The Kelvic watched as she drew the blade from her hip, and flaunted it about as if she would strike; he assessed the threat, but before he had time to move his love stood in the way.

She commanded him to rest, and kissed his forehead which brought the Kelvic to a calm state. Her affection could disarm even the strongest willed of men. He hated to see her go, but he loved to watch her stand and walk so he could admire her rump in the process. She certainly was not alone in her search for him, and what appeared to be a sailor hopped out of the sea vessel. The moment that his love got up they began to exchange words in their language,and Skyard tilted his head at the obvious taunts that exited Jeidas lips. Despite the fact that he could not understand a word they spoke; body language was universal.

Kaie paid the sailor, and he took off into the boat; he did not bother to react as his legs continued to involuntarily convulse. Quite some time ago Skyard would have simply laughed off the mocking words that her sister made; however, the jungle has a tendency to change an individuals personality. Just as quickly as the situation escalated his bond-mate single handedly diffused all of the tension. He watched as his beloveds wench of a sister gave him a fearsome look and exhaled. The Kelvic did nothing beyond wear a smile on his face the moment she walked toward him.

Every move she made became majestic in his eyes; Her hair despite being wet looked even more gorgeous as Synas light met it. Her eyes were still as beautiful as he recalled them, and he could do no more than look on as his Myrian “Goddess” walked toward him. She offered a bright smile, but her next series of words caught him off guard like no other possibly could. She mentioned some sort of village that she knew of in the nearby area. However, her second set of words crossed his mind several times before he truly understood what she had just said.

She was going to petch him like it was the last night they had together. Skyard should not have been surprised by that statement, but the first thing that came to mind after he was already exhausted to the point of where he did not want to stand was to petch him. How much more perfect could today be; the day that he reunited with his beloved bond-mate, and would get to enjoy her pleasures all over again. The Kelvic did not bother to ask any further questions about the “Village of The Shining Scales”, but he knew that compared to them he stood out. He could only hope that her people would be just as accepting, and inviting as she had been to him when they met the second time.

“Yes, my love..” He spoke as he grasped her hand, and stood on his feet despite the fact that his calves felt as if they were filled with magma. The only thing that motivated him to move from that point forward was the fact that he could not wait to rest again alongside Kaie.

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on January 5th, 2017, 2:33 am

Kaie could feel her bondmate's exhaustion as he rose to his feet with her help. She linked their fingers and guided him forth in Jeida's sandy foot trail. The Village of the Shining Scales was relatively close. Its inhabitants probably already knew the trio was en route before they trekked up the beach to reach the Northern Dock, which was connected to a jungle path that would lead them to their destination.

"Here," She murmured to her bondmate with a reassuring smile. She offered up her spear for him to use as both walking stick to ease his foot travels and defense. Then she proudly procured his scimitar in her right hand to take its place. "The people of the Leaping Fish Clan tolerate outsiders like you among them, but they are still Myrians. Treat them with respect and it will be returned in equal." Jeida slowed her pace for a moment to offer wisdom with a low voice. "We're close. Unlink your hands. If Targuv is still War Mistress here, she will not understand." Then she eagerly surged forth through the jungle trail ahead. Kaie's lips pressed into a line.

"First impressions here are important. Let us do the talking, but show them you can stand on your own." The Myrian woman released his hand and took a half-step faster walk to put herself just barely ahead of him. Jeida's timing wasn't far off. Within a few chimes of her warning the pounding of hooves rung out ahead. Jeida stopped and lifted a closed fist, signaling the others to do the same.

Three riders stormed forth on the backs of their spotted leopardbred horses. Leading the charge was an especially ferocious-looking woman with battle-hungry eyes and cutlass in hand. She brought her steed to a halt so late Kaie started to considered the havoc she'd wreak when Jeida was trampled. The three stared suspiciously at the trio.

"I remember you, Cutthroat Shadow," the lead rider addressed Jeida first, who stared up at her with an expression just as statuesque.
"Been a few seasons. How fairs your village, Targuv?" Targuv's horse snorted and flattened the ground beneath its feet impatiently. "Better than the way the barbarian world treated you it looks like. And who are you? Another Cutthroat Shadow girl?" Kaie stepped forward beside Jeida with a stern nod. "Kaie. We seek safe passage to your village to prepare to return home," she tried to explain to the War Mistress of the Leaping Fish clan. Yet all the while Targuv only had eyes for the novelty that was the barbarian in their midst. "You. Who is you? What is you to them? Slave?"

Kaie turned to Skyard with a blank expression awaiting his reply. As she promised, the time had come for him to stand on his own. The expectant look on Targuv's face signaled her wish to hear from him and him alone.

Kaie
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Skyard Underwood on January 8th, 2017, 8:10 am

Not only did his beloved surprise him, but she warned him of something soon to occur; they would take Jeida to some sort of nearby village of her people. However, the moment he realized what truly went on he wanted to flee, but knew that he could not. After all he wanted to develop a close relationship with her people, and this would simply be the first step. Despite the fact that he did have fears and doubts the Kelvic pressed on and refused to show his weakness. If his task was simple, and easily accomplished like standing on his own he would do it without hesitation. Their journey was slow, and short lived.

They were cut short on their journey, and as she released his hand and walked slightly ahead of him he followed closely. The sound of what was obviously several animals was heard off in the distance, and the sound continued to grow closer. As if a distance were shortening over several ticks, and he paid close attention to the events. Only for several more ticks to pass, and three individuals to exit the brush a short distance ahead. The one individual that stood out looked as if she had been born and raised in these harsh conditions. How someone could survive these jungles for any more than a few days was beyond the Lion.

The group obviously had a conversation in their native tongue, and exchanged words with each-other. Yet, just as quickly as he thought the tension had eased in the air the woman who rode front and center directed all of her attention toward him. With a single question she managed to stop everything; Skyard could no longer think. Kaie had warned him of things that had different meanings in the Myrian world as compared to his world the “Barbarian” world. She wanted to ask who he was, and what he was in relation to them obviously with her broken common. The moment she asked if he was a slave however; the Kelvic cocked a brow at the woman and stepped in front of both Kaie, and Jeida.

He wanted to answer her question and tell her to petch off, but he knew that if that was done he did not have the strength to fight off an angry Myrian. Skyard stood tall in the face of fear, and parted his lips to speak in response to her. “I am no ones slave. However, I do belong to Kaie Of The Cutthroat Shadows. What am I to her? I will show you.” He spoke and began to remove all of his clothing,and started with the removal of his shirt which revealed his slender torso to the woman and her party. Followed by his pants and undergarments; his manhood slapped his thigh several times before it came to rest and dangle for a moment.

After which a flash of azure light was what became of his human form momentarily, ,and what returned after the brief flash was a massive white Lion. With a mane so long and elegant that it nearly covered the entire chest of the Kelvic. His paws were large, and his snout a beautiful pale coloration too much like the remainder of his body. One could easily mistake his skin coloration to be something of supernatural origin, but he knew it to be something else. Skyard trotted across his clothing with his hind legs, followed by his front paws and came to sit atop of Kaies right foot. After which he opened his maw and let out a soft roar in the direction of the woman and her party.

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Next