Solo [The Garrison] Arms to Arms (Solo)

Orderly stuff occurs....Part III OF Ferrins journey.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[The Garrison] Arms to Arms (Solo)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 10th, 2016, 4:37 pm

The Garrison: Late Afternoon.

It wasn't difficult for the group to find each other. In fact, the rest of the small army found each other back where they've left. It's been about a bell after that encounter with the wolves and now the group was planning to head back. The Knights were taking the stage as they were aruging about what to really do.

"Sera Stone. We must go back to The Garrison. We have to report the wolves to Ser Bastion. He'll know what to do." It was Ser Lavender, he was really worried about the wolves, si he showed that he was actually worried.

"Then we must scout them out instead. We can take them down ourselves. They're not so much of a threat." Replied the She-Knight prudently. The squires were slightly getting paranoid, including Ferrin.

"Can we just go?" Ser Lavender said anxiously. "It's childish. What we're doing right now. It's no need for a dispute." He confirmed.

"Fine, everyone gather your weapons and let's head out, back to the Garrison to get refreshed. Then Ser Lavender and I will go inform Ser Bastion." Sera Stone orders.

"You've heard her." Said Ser Lavender. The Knight bundled his things and started heading for the Garrison. Ferrin and the other squires followed behind the two Knights. The strange thing was; their was a peculiar pause between the group and they were silent. Step after step.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 10th, 2016, 10:06 pm

"Ferrin, tell me, where did you come from?" It was Gerad. One of the squires

"From Syliras?" He replied slowly not really understanding the "where" of the manner.

"Syliras you say?" Said Gerad slowly he looked at the door. The two were in the dormitories of the squires. Ferrin felt a little uncomfortable. He wished to go train with the other squires, but he was ordered to stay.

"Ay, Syliras is right. That's where I was. It's only temporarily." Ferrin nods. "Though, I do wish to see more of the Mythryn. Why do we have to stay?"

"Perhaps to confirm about the encounter with the wolves, and maybe we were the ones who've encountered them last. We could've died you know? Thanks for bringing your longbow. It was quite useful. Maybe I can train with you later today?" Says the vantha politely.

"Oh certainly. I'm not that good with the longbow to be honest. I got lucky with that shot." Replies Ferrin, his face flushed a pink red. Then, silence erupts as the door to the dormitories open up. It greeted whoever came in; with a creaking noise.

"Ferrin. Your good, you as well Gerad. You can train at the Bailey." Informed Ser Lavender as he steps in. The Knight gestures for the two to follow and the two squires do. "I hope your up for it Ferrin." Asks the Knight.

"I'm ready."

~A Firenze Template: Thanks. :)

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 12th, 2016, 4:37 pm

[X] Timestamp and Location [X]

The Bailey.

A yard used for training and development. Ferrin figured that there could eventually be hard core training if the squires and Knights really put their best toe forward. The grass of this training field is fairly green and a few dead mounds of grass lay dispersed around the ground.

"Over here." Says Ser Lavender, pointing towards a statue that was massive and built from Senate stone.

"Who is it?" Fer asked a little bewildered when it came to the statue. The squire was really unsure of who this figure was or why he was so important, but as the two neared the massive stone statue, Ferrin noticed some engraved writing on the bottom.

“You reap what you sow. Sow good seed and reap bountiful harvest.” Ferrin read it to himself within his own head of course.

"Go on, read it aloud." Said Ser Lavender with a prideful smile over his lips. Ferrin nods.

"Very well." Said the squire. “You reap what you sow. Sow good seed and reap bountiful harvest.” Ferrin didn't know what this saying meant or who haf said it again, but he would like to know. So Ferrin turns and asks the Knight, "what does this mean and who's saying is it?" He asks politely, yet curiously.

"Ser Rolan Brock."

"Who again?" Asks Ferrin slowly.

"Ser Rolan Brock." Repeats Ser Lavender. "He was the Knight who've discovered this outpost. The Mythryn Outpost." States the Knight calmly. "He's like a legend here at the Mythryn." Continues Ser Lavender. "He's obviously still important to this day and this day forward. Now, you've asked what he said means right?"

"Yes, do you know?" Ferrin asks again.

"I do, really." Confirms the Knight passively. "I've interpret it as what you do from today on, your harvest, meaning what your rewarded is beneficial to what you've done with your life. You can interpret it many ways, but this is how I've figured it out at least. You, you might decipher it some other way, but know this, this saying is not some sort of joke." The Knight says seriously.

"Oh, okay." Replied Ferrin awkwardly.

"Now, let's begin your training."

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 12th, 2016, 5:47 pm

"Take out your blade Ferrin and get prepared. You'll need training. Good thing you've brought your bow as well, because it'll be a long day." Ser Lavender explains.

"Okay. Who am I up against. If you don't mind me asking?" Said the squire patiently. He places his longbow and quiver upon a table that was placed out here not to long ago, but Ferrin didn't mind where he'd put it really. It just appeared as convenient.

"Me, I'll be the first opponent." Responded Ser Lavender with a smirk. This smirk appears malicious, but Ferrin wasn't sure if that was his intent or not. The Kenashian isn't really good at reading facial expressions. The squire gets a little tensed.

"Don't be nervous Ferrin, trust me I'll go easy on you. I'm even give you the first strike." Ser Lavender says.

Sure, sure." Says Ferrin, he's very unsure in fact. The squire pulls out his broadsword and he adjusts his shield. The two prepare for their spar.

"Come on now, give me your best shot."

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 12th, 2016, 6:36 pm

Ferrin hesitates, but he resolved this pause carefully as he positions himself into his battle stance. The squire rushes up, and he thrusts his blade aiming for the mid section of Ser Lavenders' body. The Knight parried his thrust and attempts a shield bash. Ferrin speculated his arm movement and dodges to the right.

"Good move, I doubted your skill in sight." Retorted the Knight shocked, just only a little he was though. Ferrin nodded.

"Thanks."

"Anytime."

The Knight swung his blade, and Ferrin parried his swing as well, the squire takes a few steps back and observes his opponent before him, trying to understand what this man's weaknesses could be. "Going to stand there all day?" The Knight scoffs. Ferrin cocks a brow and tilts his head.

"I just might..." He responds cautiously, hoping to not anger his patron at the moment.

"Well, I won't keep this at a stand still all day, Ferrin." The Knight raised his blade and strikes, Ferrin uses his shield and prevents the blade from scratching his armor. Ferrin attempts to disarm his patron by striking hard at the blade whilst the Knight was being distracted. The force of the swing wasn't strong, but he made contact and the Knight peddled backwards.

The Knight smirks. "You've been taught quite well, but I hope you'll know that that move won't work all the time."

"I know. Luck so to say." Replies Ferrin. The squire rushes up and swings his blade once again at Ser Lavender. The Knight jumps back and shield bashes. Ferrin responded by using his shield to make contact. The vibration trickled through him and made him a little unsteady. The squire wasn't really prepared and he fumbled backwards. Though, he was fairly dizzy, he forced him feet against the ground. He looks up.

"You alright Ferrin?" Ser Lavender asks.

The squire nods, "yeah I just wasn't prepared for that."

"Good, come on we haven't figured out who's one yet." He replied. "Take a few ticks. If needed be." He says.

Ferrin nods once again and rushes up again, the squire uses his short broadsword and thrusts. Ferrin made contact with the man's armor, but it didn't do anything to his opponent. The Knight thrusts his blade profoundly at Ferrin and Ferrin managed a block with his shield.

The squire then circled around the Knight. It was a good thing that the Knight was getting a little worn out, because Ferrin managed to get to the back of Ser Lavender. It was his chance. Ferrin posed hid blade for the Knights neck, but the Knight assumed correctly and spun around and disarms Ferrin with enough force of his own blade.

"One to nothing. You can't beat an old man, Ferrin?"

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on August 12th, 2016, 9:49 pm

"You just got lucky." Scoffed ferrin as he went over to pick up his blade.

"No such thing as luck when it comes to fighting. It's all skill." Ser Lavender boasted. Ferrin frowned, but not in front of the Knight, his back was still facing him as Ferrin was picking up his blade. He felt discouraged at the loss, bit only for a few short moments as he realized that he can do better the next round.

"I'll tie up this round."

"You sure about that. I've noticed you weren't paying attention to the moves I've made before my strikes. This time watch. Take your position." Ordered Ser Lavender. Ferrin nods and steps back a few.

"Ready." Ferrin s completely ready. The squire takes up his position. "Set." He's set, so he thinks. Ferrin ponders if he will actually beat Ser Lavender this round. "Battle." Ser Lavender charges and swings aiming directly at Ferrin. Ferrin barely caught it in time, he shifts to the side and attempted a shield bash. Ser Lavender jumped aback. Shocked of the counter attack. "No loathing around squire." Barked Ser Lavender.

Ferrin nods.

The squire presses up, his feet stepping in front of him carefully, he was nearly sluggish with his movements as he wasn't quite skilled with fighting. Ferrin then used his short broadsword to swing at Ser Lavender an attempt to catch Ser Lavender off guard. It worked as Ser Lavender used his blade to deflect the strike, Ferrin quickly reacted by shield bashing the Knight. It stunned him and sent him peddling backwards, almost slipping on the muddy ground beneath them.

"Good. But not good enough." Smirks Ser Lavender, as he regains his stability.

"How'd you figure? I caught you off guard." Chimed Ferrin ignorantly.

"Don't get snippy with me boy." Scoffs the Knight arrogantly.

"Sorry Ser." Says Ferrin, he readied his blade again.

"Good, thank you now let's resume." Ser Lavender says. "Actually..." He says slowly. "If you win this match I can show you more about how to use a bow. We'll have lunch after this. Then after that it'll be the bow."

"I'm alright with that." Replies Ferrin. "I'm a little hungry myself."

"Good, having the feel of being refeshed is always good. I always think that you would need something light to wear. So you can go to the bizarre here to get some new clothes if needed."

"Okay, thank you Ser. I will then."

"Alright, let's resume now."

Ser Lavender pressed up on Ferrin, the Knight thrusts his blade, Ferrin parried with his short broadsword. The squire shield bashes again, it works, but it wasn't to effective, it dazed Ferrin a bit, but left Ser Lavender staggering back. Ferrin realizes this and rushes up and swings his blade, aiming for Ser Lavenders' short sword. It made contact and the force vibrates through his whole entire body almost making him quaver, but Ferrin presses against Ser Lavenders' force and the Knights' blade drops from his grasp and clatters onto the ground. Ferrin ended up panting. The squire smirked.

"Well done." Says Ser Lavender picking up his blade. "Now lets go and have something to eat." The two walk back inside the Garrison.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Sayana on January 10th, 2017, 11:56 pm

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request. If there's anything I may have missed, please PM me and I'll be happy to look into it.

Ferrin
Skills
  • Socialization: 5
  • Weapon: Short broadsword: 2
  • Weapon: Shield: 2
  • Endurance: 1
Lores
  • Mithryn Outpost location: The Bailey
  • Ser Rolan Brock: Founder of Mithryn Outpost
  • Shield: Bashing in an offensive manner
Shield Points
  • 2 Training

Comments: Nice little thread. However, there was a lot of talking so I couldn't give you many skill points for it.

Your Grader,

Sayana
Boxcode design: Firenze
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)