PM to join Sticky Hooves

Jade, Ferrin, and Dina work with the horses

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Sticky Hooves

Postby Jade Laken on November 28th, 2016, 5:07 am

Jade thought about what all to ask him to see. Naturally his general riding was one thing, but there was so much more to teach him. Making a mental list the blond put them in a list of priority due to importance, and most likely the easiest for him to learn the corrections to. With a smile the blonde got down and put Dina down as well. Looking over the man beside her the girl instructed him to do a simple walk first. If one could achieve a good balance walking then the rest would be easy. Or at least till the pair started jumping, but Jade highly doubted that he would be ready for that by the end of the day. Watching the man as he rode the stallion, she smiled gently seeing that his form was already starting to form. Though the young man still tended to over compensate when he leaned to one side or the other.

“Impressive. You are getting much better. A few things I noticed just be careful when you sway not to lean so far. By overcompensating in the sway you can fall or be knocked off easily,” Jade stated looking up at him.

The blonde told him to go around once more and think about what she had said while riding. Blue orbs gazed at him with a soft yet stern look. She intended to make sure he was ready when called upon to ride again. A soldier unable to ride is no soldier at all in the Drykas eyes. Not only hers, but her peoples, and from what she could tell the Order also wanted capable riders. Noting the difference in his sway she nodded as he stopped before her and Dina once more. Dina giggled playing off in the distance not studying either of the two adults at the moment.

“Well done. Next give me a trot into a canter then finish with a slow gallop,” Jade requested.

The woman stepped out the man and horse's way wanting to see how much he knew. She could recall him being very awkward around the horses in general, so the blonde understood it taking the man some time before he was ready to more advanced things. With a slow moving head. Jade watched Ferrin's every move knowing he could easily get hurt if just one thing went wrong. The Drykas wanted to push him hard, but she also knew that if he said it was to much for the day to pack it in. The young man would just have to state when he was tired. Her trained eyes could see when the stallion was becoming fatigues, but she wanted to see if the young man could or not.
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Sticky Hooves

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 15th, 2017, 3:57 pm

“Impressive. You are getting much better. A few things I noticed just be careful when you sway not to lean so far. By overcompensating in the sway you can fall or be knocked off easily,” Jade spoke; she looked at him, Ferrin noticed. The bouncing of the saddle slightly annoyed Ferrin, but this was something that he needed to get used to, especially if the Order wanted their Knights to ride well. Ferrin smiled some, he looked at the Drykas.

"Thank you. Lean back?" Ferrin asked the blonde. There was obviously, a lot that he needed to work on, but he had to make sure to remember it all. Perhaps he should have brought a journal or something. Ferrin also made sure to keep a good balance while holding onto the reins, his grip was quite tight, and he feared of falling off. He didn't want to alarm Cyprus and get trampled. It wouldn't go well for Ferrin if any of that happened.

Jade instructed Ferrin to trot once more, the Squire slowed the pace of the stallions canter and progressed into a trot. His hooves clapped against the earthen ground with ease as Cyprus tilted his head nervously. Snorting some, the horse continued at the trot, until Ferrin managed to progress the stallion into a canter. His speed was steady as he circled around a bush. Ferrin had some trouble with maintaining the trot, as Cyprus urged to move faster. "How do I keep Cyprus at a steady pace?" Ferrin asked in a slight panic/worry tone, looking over to Jade with a wide eyed expression.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Sticky Hooves

Postby Jade Laken on March 18th, 2017, 7:53 pm

She was impressed watching as the pair progressed. Ferrin did well to slow Cyprus down when he pushed into a canter. The circle around the bush caused the young man to nearly fall off by trying to learn the opposite direction of the ride. The alarm in the male's voice caused Jade to click her tongue against the back of her teeth. Diria cantered forward and matched up with the stallion. Motioning the woman for Diria to cut the horse off causing him to stop suddenly and back peddle some. The sudden change in inertia would be enough to throw off any new rider if their body weight was not centered. Dismounting the woman waited till Ferrin was paying attention to begin her next set of instructions.

“First don't ride stiff and nervous, the more your mount can feel your nerves the more they want to run. Stay strong and stay confident. You must ride Cyprus with strength in your ability or he will control the pace every time. Now again,” Jade stated before mounting up and with a simple move of her leg the mare moved out of the way.

A gentle sway caused the blonde's hips to move, but her back remained straight and solid. The mare had learned that her rider was in charge early on in their riding. Of course it had not come over night, and that was what Jade was trying to teach Ferrin. He could ride all day long, but it would take time for his horse to trust him. Dina played with her dolls just a short distance away giggling. Looking over the blonde watched the child for a moment. Satisfied that she was indeed safe the mother turned back to Ferrin ready to watch him ride again. She was not trying to appear calloused or mean, but they had to make some kind of progress today.

“Trot again,” Jade stated calmly, “I want to see you get used to one speed by the end of the day.”

"The Ways of the Drykas."
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Previous