Completed What will go Wrong?

A Solo Thread. Magic is involved.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

What will go Wrong?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 28th, 2016, 6:33 pm

Fall 75th 516av

Knock knock knock. Waiting, the Kenashian stood idly, shifting his weight from foot to foot, standing in front of a simple wooden door, it's been there for ages, longer than Ferrin had been around, or so he thought. There must be something to keep Ser Xervos at his desk all day, what was he supposed to do, nothing?
"Yes?" It was the commanding tone from the knight, Ser Xervos, Ferrin stopped shifting his weight, the Kenashian pondered coming in.
"Ser, its me. Ferrin, may I come in?" Asked Ferrin wearily eyeing the door oddly.
Something fell inside the room, Ferrin heard clattering, but he wasn't sure what it was, he hoped Ser Xervos was alright.
"Y-yes, come in boy."

Ferrin took hold of the metal handle and pushed the door open, it creaked slowly, opening to it's full extent by the bearer. "What you want boy?" Asked Ser Xervos looking up, some liquid spilled over his desk and Ser Xervos was cleaning it, with a cloth.

"I have something to ask." Ferrin said, taking a seat in front of his desk, the knight looked up, it wasn't often Ferrin would visit Ser Xervos' office, but this was something Ferrin had wanted to talk about since he met the Pycon Squire, Nivel, magic. It was something that always intrigued Ferrin.

"What do you know about... magic?" Ferrin asked looking up at his patron. Ser Xervos picked up his bottle of wine and placed it back on his desk.
"Not a lot..." He started, but of course Ferrin was sure that he knew someone who could teach him something about it. "What do you want to know?"

Credits go to Fire!
Last edited by Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on October 10th, 2016, 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

What will go Wrong?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on September 29th, 2016, 12:50 pm

"Well, Nivel, awhile back she spoke about something called Auristics, what is that exactly?" Ferrin replied, he really didn't know anything about magic, in fact, the only things he knew about magic was what he learned from Nivel, when he was trying to calm her down; she spoke of something called Overgiving, Ferrin was informed that that's dangerous, though it's controllable.
"Nivel?" Ser Xervos echoed the name slowly, he sighed, "nope haven't heard of him..." Ferrin flushed,
"NIvel's a Pycon Ser..." Ferrin informed him lightly, making sure to emphasize on the Pycon portion.
"Oh..." He flushed a rose red, capping his wine bottle with a cork and tossed his ruined papers inside a bag. "I think I know now... thank you. So what is it that you want to learn through Auristics? Or is that not what you want to learn?" Ser Xervos asked.

"Well what other types of magics are there?" Ferrin asked flabbergasted. He wasn't really sure what was going on right now, he didn't know what he wanted to learn, he wasn't sure if he even wanted to learn magic, who would teach him, what would he be taught? "Hold on, if you wait here, I can get you someone to teach you. One of our Mage-Knights might know enough about magic." Ser Xervos stood up from his seat, he walked around his desk and patted Ferrin on the shoulder, "just make sure, not to touch anything and that you behave." He nodded and left Ferrin, he opened the door by pulling on the handle and it closed. Leaving Ferrin in complete silence.

Credits go to Fire!

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

What will go Wrong?

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on October 10th, 2016, 12:44 pm

No less than a bell later, the door behind Ferrin clicked open and the wood creaked as it slowly opened up, two figures stepped through the now opened space; Ser Xervos and a female Knigth,one Ferrin has not recognized at this point; she was small in height, frail almost, but her expression shows something else entirely.

"I hope it's something important Ser Xervos, I am busy you know..." Ferrin turned and looked at the two entering the office, Ser Xervos gently closed the door, Sera Frostfawn decided to take this meeting standing, Ferrin chose to sit, as Ser Xervos went back to his chair.

"My Squire requests training, which I cannot give. If he's willing to understand the consequences; I believe that this means double the training, nonetheless, he'll be learning a lot." Ser Xervos nodded over to his Squire, "Ferrin, meet Sera Frostfawn." Ser Xervos smiled, it was almost teasing; Ferrin was unsure what that gesture meant, but it must mean something for sure, the squire stood up and rounded his chair, facing Sera Frostfawn. She was quite small, merely a foot shorter, she stands at about Ferrin's chest height; the Squire was in awe of the height, but she wasn't the shortest person Ferrin had seen to be exact, well out of all of the races. Ferrin shook out his hand and smiled, "pleasure to meet you." Sera Frostfawn cocked a brow. She stuck out her hand and clasped Ferrin's firmly, her shake was strong and she squeezed the top and bottom of his hand. Ferrin sensed the pain, but he didn't want to show too much weakness, though for someone as short as her, Sera Frostfawn has some strength.

"Sure." She said looking at Ser Xervos after, "is this some sort of joke?" She scoffed at the other knight, looking at him cautiously.
"No, I'm being serious this time." Said the Knight in a monotone.
"Okay, just being sure then..." she sighed, taking another look at Ferrin. "Have you ever experienced magic?" Ferrin thought on it, the only few times were when he helped Nivel try her best at calming her down due to Overgiving, and when one of Garland's friends who's a squire that knows reminancy.
"A few times, but I haven't used any magic before." The Squire admitted looking at the Vantha with a curious brow raised.
"Okay, I only know a limited amount of Magic. So, you're lucky that I'm here." She replied, her tone sounded as if she didn't care as much. "I can teach you Reimancy, and Auristics if you wish? But, you'll be needing to be by more often than your uncle." She said, "it's so I can keep an eye on you, just in case things go wrong. Can you handle that?"

Ferrin looked over to his patron, and the knight nodded back to him assuring the squire that things will be alright and wishing his best of luck. "I think I can." Said Ferrin nodding over at Sera Frostfawn.
"Good, lets get started."

Credits go to Fire!

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

What will go Wrong?

Postby Aladari Coolwater on March 7th, 2017, 5:40 pm

Your grades have been spotted!
________

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

■ Observation + 1
■ Socialization + 1

Lores
Lore of Magic: Learning Means Double the Training
Lore of Sera Frostfawn: Small, but Mighty
Lore of Sera Frostfawn: Knows Reimancy and Auristics
Lore of Magic: Needs to Be Watched

________

Comments:

Sorry there wasn't much here. Hopefully the lores are what you were looking for.

Don't forget to delete your post in the grading queue, and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to PM me about your grade!

template by Orakan
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes