Closed Winter's warm welcome

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Winter's warm welcome

Postby Grim Ravenwood on February 16th, 2017, 11:55 pm

¤

"Yes..." Grim concluded, with words addressed to nobody in particular. The robed man's hand stroked his hairless chin as his eyes moved across both people and building alike, only to compare the images with the one stored in his mind. Yet, they all seemed the same, every street, every building. As much as he tried recalling any landmark to point him in the right direction, Grim failed each time he would try to recall a specific detail.

"Yes, yes..." The Eiyon repeated, nodding in agreement with himself. The crow on his shoulder only tilted it's head slightly, black eyes blinking underneath it's bone helmet. Even though Dusk couldn't speak, Grim could tell that the bird was skeptical about the whole situation, seeing as the people around him looked busy, rushing to get to wherever they were heading - obviously knowing their way around.

"That way!"" Grim concluded, drawing a few gazes as he did.

Yet no more than a few steps down the very street he was so sure was the correct one, made him realize that it was the same one he had passed the previous four times. It would appear that he was going in circles, and hadn't progressed an inch towards his objective.

His face gave no sign of the frustration he felt at the moment, lips forming only a stiff smile. The Eiyon stood there, knowing only where whatever he felt calling him was, although without answers to where that was, much less what was it that he felt.

A swift stab of Dusk's beak to the side of his head made Grim snap back from his thoughts. He wasn't far from the main gate, probably. Thus, the most logical and reasonable thing to do was trace his way back ti where he started, and avoid the path he had came from.

"I... hate this town." The Eiyon said in a flat tone, only after meeting a dead end while 'backtracking'. Maybe leaving Sunberth wasn't such a sound idea.

Last edited by Grim Ravenwood on March 25th, 2017, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grim as an Eiyon, appears to undead as either something to be fearful, or weary of, depending on their personal power. To others, he might seem like a mystery, or just odd.
Grim Ravenwood
You reap what you sow~

Words: 124151
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2016, 1:54 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Winter's warm welcome

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 22nd, 2017, 3:18 pm

1st of Winter 516av

Though, early in the winter, things have been pulling through. Ferrin was beginning to learn more about magic; Auristics specifically, Sera Frostfawn, had been teaching him. Ferrin was skeptical of her whereabouts, but Ferrin couldn't spend his time looking for her, he must move on with his Auristics.

Nonetheless, Ferrin wasn't free of patrolling the city. Ser Xervos, his patron, and uncle, decided to have him patrol the city this afternoon. The Squire didn't really want to patrol, he would rather work on his training, or something else, maybe even Auristics too. He sighed, the metal armor weighing quite heavy, his shield added extra weight to his walking, and the weather was strangely warm; perhaps they would have a later Winter? It didn't make sense, Ferrin hoped that it wouldn't stay warm this time round. All Ferrin had to do was wait it out, and see what the future held for him. He didn't mind so much; for the weather, but it was something that struck him as odd. Though, again, it's still quite early.

His silver boots clinked against the cobble, as he nodded over to a couple of locals who looked a little exasperated as they've passed. "Hopefully... this Winter will kick up soon..." One of the men said, as he walked, the other just simply complied and nodded along, Ferrin didn't bother them, and continued walking through the Nettle District of Syliras. Usually, his route would consist of going through the Nettle District, and the Bronze Woods; although, through the crowd, he heard a small voice in an alley and became suspicious. There was a man with a dark hood, and a crow, he looked somewhat younger; but Ferrin wasn't good at making proper judgments.

"Excuse me sir, is everything okay?"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Winter's warm welcome

Postby Grim Ravenwood on February 22nd, 2017, 10:02 pm

¤

The Eiyon was just concluding his first impressions of the great fortress city as a voice from behind drew his attention. At first, he failed to realize to whom it was directed to, the words lost in those spoken by the people surrounding him. Yet, then he felt a presence behind him, or was it the gentle chime of armor that gave his presence away?

The crow on his shoulder cawed in protest as Grim turned around, almost causing it to loose it's balance, and drop the skull it wore as a hat. The robed man took a moment to absorb the image of the man that now stood in front of him. He appeared to be slightly shorter than him, with armor that made him appear somewhat imposing. Still, he had a pleasant aura around him. Maybe he was a guardsman, like those on the gate?

Grim moved to secure his bagged possessions and scythe tighter in his back, only to straighten his posture and raise his rounded chin slightly. "Of course, everything is just grand!" The Eiyon answered in a rather sarcastic tone, before continuing. "Although, I wouldn't mind someone who knows their way around this place." Grim commented, making a short pause before saying: "Not that we're lost or anything..."

Grim as an Eiyon, appears to undead as either something to be fearful, or weary of, depending on their personal power. To others, he might seem like a mystery, or just odd.
Grim Ravenwood
You reap what you sow~

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Winter's warm welcome

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 23rd, 2017, 2:15 pm

Timestamp

Alternative, without side images.

"Of course, everything is just grand!" The man with the hood seemed quite sarcastic; even someone like Ferrin could understand how stressed out the man probably was. Ferrin flinched at the crow. He'd never seen someone with a crow perched on someones shoulder before, the only one's he'd seen that had birds perched on their shoulders were falconers when they were in training with the falcons. According to Ferrin, the crow appeared suspicious, and he didn't like the sights of the bird. It's dark and glossy eyes haunted Ferrin, and the Squire adverted his glance towards Grim more so than the bird.

"I um... can help ya."Ferrin said with a sly smile, his Kenashian accent tripping his wordings. He sighed, a bit uncomfortably, as he didn't want to observe the bird. Though, Ferrin spoke kind of quietly for the man to hear, Ferrin felt a little inferior to the smaller man, but the Squire didn't want to express that fact.

"Although, I wouldn't mind someone who knows their way around this place." The man with the hood spoke, "Not that we're lost or anything..." Ferrin nodded.

"I can help you with that... what's your name?"He paused, before he would ask the man so much questions, it's a tendency Ferrin gets when he's nervous. "Whatcha lookin' for?"

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Winter's warm welcome

Postby Grim Ravenwood on February 26th, 2017, 10:36 pm

¤

The Eyion raised an eyebrow at the offer of help. Strangely, he found it rather suspicious. Not that he didn't trust the man, his appearance spoke kindly of him. Yet, it would appear that the Eiyon carried quite a bit from Sunberth. Amongst other things, their mentality, even though he considered himself quite different than the rest if the crow inhabiting that jolly place.

It seemed that Syliras was quite different than his hometown, and in more ways that one. Sure, there was the fact that getting shanked over your personal belongings was rather low, and the streets were quite clean. But the main difference were the people.

Poverty was not something unusual in Sunberth, and was in fact, a common things. Few men lived in wealth, yet, this didn't seem to bother them. They had a free, unbreakable spirit, knowing that there will be always be enough miza for another drink. They would manage, somehow. On the other hand, people seemed always to rush somewhere in Syliras, always planning ahead. If one were to stop and take a closer look, he would see that most of the people traveling around had a puzzled look, their expression giving away most of their thoughts.

Still, if the past hour has taught Grim anything, its that he will definitely nit find a way to wherever he's heading without someone knowing their way around.

"The name's Grim."The Eyion introduced himself, only to point a pale finger at the avian nested at his shoulder."And he's Dusk" He added as he extended a hand in greeting. On the skin of his palm, as if tattooed, stood a obsidian mark in the form of a scythe, a wickedly curved blade atop a black handle.

"Truth be told. I have no idea where I'm heading." Grin said, scratching his cheek as he did.

Grim Ravenwood
You reap what you sow~

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Winter's warm welcome

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 27th, 2017, 9:08 pm

Timestamp

"The name's Grim."The man with the hood spoke as if Ferrin might be wondering. Was he... he kind of was, and he was interested about the crow, Ferrin wished for it to stop staring at him. Though, the squire felt comfortable at the same time, which was weird, because he usually felt unsettled around crows for a period of time. He wondered, if it was because those crows were more wild, and daring, versus the one perched on this young man, Grim's shoulder. ."And he's Dusk" Ferrin nodded over to the dark bird and smiled warily.

"Nice to meet ya two. I'm Ferrin, a Squire here at Syliras. You looking for any place in particular or just wandering around. Perhaps I could show you some good places to visit or something?" Ferrin replied quickly, but he made sure to not stutter and also made sure to clarify what he was saying. Ferrin gave the man some time to respond, Grim looked confused and awestruck almost. Ferrin knew what that feeling was. Ferrin had only been here in Syliras, for about a year and a half maybe. The next year, would be around Summer most likely, and Ferin wasn't really planning on celebrating, as it's nothing to really celebrate. Although, he does have plans in the future for him, Jade, and Dina.

"I can show you some places to take some time and rest if you'd like, or... I can show you around for a good place to eat. Wherever you need first."

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Winter's warm welcome

Postby Grim Ravenwood on March 6th, 2017, 12:30 am

¤

"Squire eh?" Grim thought to himself, running his grey gaze over Ferrin's visage. Did that mean that he was a knight in training? Even though Grim was rather unfamiliar with the inner workings of the organization known ad the knights of Syliras, he knew that they were the long hand of law here. Now that he thought about it, it made sense as to why would he offer assistance.

One thing he did notice, were the suspicious gazes sent towards his avian friend. From the corner of his eye, Grim could see that the bird was engaged in a staring contest with the knight, one sided as it was. Even though he couldn't tell what was on Dusk's mind, the Eiyon knew that the crow was very interested in their new friend.

With this in mind, Grim rose his shoulder slightly, a signal for tue bird to fly away. "Come on, go and terrorize some children or something." He said as his let flew away, although in a tone where it was difficult to conclude if he was being serious or not.

With most if his suspicions cleared, Grim sighed I relief, letting a wide smile stretch over his pale visage. "Never been in a place so large before." He said as his eyes dragged across the city district. "I am quite interested in some sight-seeing, I imagine you have a lot of interesting places here."

Grim Ravenwood
You reap what you sow~

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Winter's warm welcome

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 7th, 2017, 10:01 pm

Timestamp

Ferrin felt a weight off of his shoulders when Grim had told the crow to fly off. The Squire had thought that he heard wrong, but did the young man say to bother some children? What kind of animal would want to bother children... and enjoyed it? Was that crow one of those Kelvics that was close to Grim? Ferrin wasn't to sure, but a Kelvic was a good guess for Ferrin.

The Kenashian smiled when Grim mentioned how large this city is.

"It is pretty big. When I traveled here myself, I didn't realize how big it was until I've spent a couple of seasons here."
"I am quite interested in some sight-seeing, I imagine you have a lot of interesting places here." A simple nod in response and he looked down at Grim.
"Aye, you betcha, your probably hungry, perhaps I could show you to one of my favorite taverns?" It was a kind gestuer, nonetheless, Ferrin wondered if Grim would trust him well enough to take a tour of Syliras.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Winter's warm welcome

Postby Grim Ravenwood on March 20th, 2017, 9:23 pm

Grim Ravenwood wrote:
¤

Couple of seasons? Grim himself wasn't even sure if he planned on staying that long. Yet, if he ever decieded to leave, it would mean that he wont get to explote the entire city. Looking at it from afar, it didn't seem quite this large as it is, now that he is just another traveler in the mass of people circulating trough it's vast streets. The more he thought about it, the more intimidated he bacame. Yet, who was to blame him, Sunberth wasn't quite as complex as Syliras.

Still, he couldn't help but strech his lips in a wide smile as the squire mentioned the word 'tavern'. If Sunberth, was famous for anything, it was it's people's free spirit, one expressed in the many riots. Whenever the people are displeased of course. A thing that is very often the case.

Yet, every memorable riot usualy starts at one of the local taverns, ove a pint of ale.

"The walls and castles are nice 'nd all, but the most beautiful part of any city is it's tavern." Grim commented on the idea, one he liked very much. "But say, from what i've seen, the people here are all goody. What is the probability of having a brawl or two?"

Grim Ravenwood
You reap what you sow~

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal

Winter's warm welcome

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 22nd, 2017, 1:12 am

Timestamp

Ferrin coursed a sly smile as Grim mentioned of his enthusiasm for taverns. The ones in Kenash are moderate, but the ones here, in Syliras, there's a strong in every single one, and a story comes with every visitor.

"But say, from what i've seen, the people here are all goody. What is the probability of having a brawl or two?"

"You musta been confusing us with another city."Ferrin chuckled, "or else, you haven't been here as long as I've assumed..." Replied Ferrin with a shrug as he he motioned for Grim to follow him along the streets of the Fortress City of Peace.

"There are just as much bad, as there are good here in Syliras... especially outside of the walls." Towards the end of his response, he expressed a slight disgust as he mentioned the outside of the walls. Perhaps Grim would understand... what Ferrin meant.

"My favourite... called the Rearing Stallion." Ferrin stated with a friendly smile. He made a swift turn and just a couple more, he made sure to slow his pace as he wanted Grim to keep up and not lose him.

"And... here we are. The Rearing Stallion." Ferrin pointed out as he motioned his index finger to direct From at the faint red sign painted in the background, and in the foreground, a charging stallion. "We usually have signs around in this city that lets us know what building we're at. It's plenty helpful." Ferrin added. He offered a kind gesture silently, to open the door for Grim, and allowed him to walk through first.

"After you." Ferrin said as he waited for Grim to head on in.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes