[Fighter's Pit]Not a Laughable Matter (Farren)

65th of Winter 516av

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 15th, 2017, 2:56 pm

"You should get some real action."
"Hmmn?" Ferrin responded as he swung his blade against the dummy. It's been beaten at so many times before Ferrin even became a Squire, and by now, all of the dummy's that the other squires and knights practice on are fairly damaged, and Ferrin would rather prefer more action than just swinging at the dummy. His muscles tensed as he swung his shortened broadsword; Clivath against the dull wood. The smile of the dummy was melancholy like; taunting Ferrin to swing at it's head.

"The Fighter's Pit."Ser Xervos repeated, Ferrin stopped his sword as it was close to the what would be the nose of the dummy, but it's flat face sneered back at Ferrin as if saying; "better luck next time." Though Ferrin knew better, the armor he was wearing today, was the plain plate armor that Ser Xervos requires him to wear on practice days.

"Oh the Fighter's Pit." Ferrin replied with a smile. "That'll do, I'm itching to get some more action." The Kenashian admitted openly. he sheathed his short broadsword and nodded over to Ser Xervos after he took off his helmet. It was a standard helmet, one without the visor, and Ferrin decided to take it off and carry it under his arm. He could feel the sweat build up beneath his armor, and he was sure that it would need a good cleaning. So would Ferrin, he can't go out in public smelling like an animal that never cleaned itself. Though, it's not too bad, not yet anyhow. Barely noticeable currently. As he's only been swinging his blade for half a bell at least.

He felt his muscles loosen up as he strolled alongside his patron, his uncle. The Squire felt ready for combat, and he was sure that he could go up against anything, especially a couple of men. Ferrin knew where his skill was with the short broadsword, albeit he is not fully trained in it, but he was pretty proficient with it nonetheless.

The Fighter's Pit.

It was busy, like usual. The people of Syliras were gathering around the Pit to speculate the current battle of what's going on. Ferrin on the other hand, he was uncertain and stood mostly in the background, he wasn't in the Pit, not yet anyhow. He wanted to train more, and he figured that he could find someone worth training with. Ser Xervos walked over to another Knight and began a conversation while Ferrin pulled out his blade and looked at it, he felt a little uncomfortable. His shield weighed on him a bit, but other than that, his nervousness slowly began to take a hold of him.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Farren Smith on February 17th, 2017, 6:08 am

Farren
65th of Winter, 516 AV

Common, Communicating with Feliforms, Pavi/Grassland Sign

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It had been half a season since Farren had moved to Syliras. It was different to what he expected, but not necessarily worse. The strong smells had caught him off guard and occasionally gave him headaches, but other than that he was finding that being around so many people was actually enjoyable. He was a sociable creature, and though he made sure to try and hide his more animalistic urges to keep out of the attention of the Knights, he found himself able to meet new people more easily each day.

The Kelvic had decided to spend some time exploring the huge city, to familiarise himself with the new territory. Being in a new place for the first time in his life was intimidating, but patrolling familiar routes made him feel more at ease. He often chose night to do this, being a naturally late sleeper. However, a few days ago he had instead walked during the day and overheard a conversation about a place called the Fighter’s Pit. He had not been there yet, but understood the general idea from its name alone.

After finding out where the Pit was located, Farren plucked up the courage to go there. He had not fought in a long time, bar basic training in a few weapons that his family had given him. He had grown up being told it was dangerous, that he could easily hurt one of his human siblings with the strength gained by being more in touch with primitive instincts. If he was particularly riled up he may have gotten the urge to bite, causing a serious injury with the hyena jaw strength. So instead he knew only the basics for protecting himself.

Here though, Farren thought he may be able to take part. He’d seen the strength some of the people here had. Their muscles combined with combat experience meant that he might not be dangerous to them. He hoped badly that that was the case. One issue with city living was how hard it was to burn off energy. Although hyenas rarely hunt for themselves, preferring to scavenge, that didn’t stop the need to run or chase. Perhaps visiting the Fighter’s Pit would give him some reprieve.

Farren followed the route from the Maiden District, where he lived, to Winthrop Alley. Once there it was easy enough to locate the Pit from the scent of sweat in the air. Whereas usually it would cause him to grimace, combined with the fresh air and knowledge that he might be able to let off some steam it only served to excite him. He circled the edge for a few paces, taking it all in. There were some people using weapons and others tackling each other unarmed.

The Kelvic glanced to the side, noticing that one of the armoured men wasn’t participating. He didn’t need to focus on scenting the air much at all to tell that he hadn’t begun exercising here. The scent of a light sweat was beneath his armour, but it had not yet clung to their surroundings. He tilted his head, curious as to why the man was not training with the others, not realising that he had been watching the other for a little longer than could be considered polite.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
|| Farren || 3 years old || Kelvic || Bondmate – None ||
Last edited by Farren Smith on March 15th, 2017, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Farren is inactive Spring 517 but I will still be logging in.
I eventually want Farren to find a bondmate. If you're interested (regardless of your current location as he moves around) please PM me and I can see their compatibility/set up a thread so see how they interact.
Farren Smith
Player

Words: 5798
Joined roleplay: February 12th, 2017, 3:25 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on March 14th, 2017, 1:23 pm

FarrenNote: Make sure your template has the text not centered. Because, once this thread is due for grading, the graders will not grade our thread. This is just a friendly note, but centered text is okay for OOC things.

He wasn't sure why he was nervous, but he had a slight feeling that someone was watching him from behind and the Squire wanted to look around. He could feel a set of eyes watching him, but he did not look up. Though, Ferrin turned to look back at his patron, and wondered who he was talking to, but it truly didn't really matter to the Squire. He could do better things with his time, and while he's at it, he should focus on training with his short broadsword.

The Kenashian readied his shoulders and adjusted his position. He readied himself before a couple of swings and Ferrin jumped as he noticed a younger looking man with reddish hair staring at him. The Squire sighed, as he righted himself upright, and sheathed his blade. The Squire looked at the young man, and wondered what he should do.

Ferrin then, looked back to his patron, who seemed to be drowned in thought and conversation with another Knight; the Squire eliminated the fact that he shouldn't bother his patron about the younger man, but it was a normal thing here in the Pits, someone staring at you, watching your every move. Everyone who's gathering by the actual pit, was watching a battle go about and were getting quite loud and noisy. So, Ferrin took this time to engage in conversation with this new person; whom he hadn't seen before. He seemed harmless...

The Squire ambled graciously towards Farren.

"Heya, are you looking for something?" Ferrin asked the young man.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2