The Call, The Dream, The Water (Closed)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

Postby Kail D'Rea on July 20th, 2010, 3:20 am

She considered, then Kail responded with, “Yes. I see your point.” Then went back to work on the vegetables. She worked with her hands enough that she didn’t have to think about it as she sliced them into bit sized pieces that were all about the same. It was easy to sort them while thinking. Her mind started going very fast and her internal voice took over lecturing her.

She thought to herself, ‘Stupid, stupid, stupid. You knew better. You decided before you left home that you were not going to say anything, just watch, listen and learn. And what’s the first thing you do? Open your mouth and say something, well several things, that you really shouldn’t have. What do you think, you’re at home talking to your sister? This isn’t a place to share what you are thinking, or feeling. Just shut up and listen.’

In the back of her mind, behind the voice, she was thinking. If Rakia considered Taith in this light, that must answered her question. Unless of course Rakia didn’t know Taith was only Akalak half the time and didn’t remember his life as a full Akalak. Or maybe it didn’t matter. Not really an answer after all, but something to think about.

In any case Kail was forced to look at her home from another perspective. She always loved the polite and kind standard of Mura and thinking about that as a negative for her life and for her city as a whole was difficult. She did know that it left her ill-prepared for life off the island and now she was learning how. She always wanted to learn everything and knew Taith, the trip, and the whole mission were learning experiences. It was just hard: a different kind of education.
Kail D'Rea
Crafter of Words

Words: 76426
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2010, 6:00 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Taithrosa Eldytia on July 20th, 2010, 6:29 am

Taithrosa had joined the others as they waited for dinner to be cooked. He hadn't really be paying all that much attention to what was going on around him. Here in Riverfall, he could feel the draw of his lakan stronger then back in Mura, yes he was heading in the right direction and would soon have that symbol of all Akalaks.

His attention was distracted by some lound noices coming from the kitchen. His silver eyes turned in surprise not sure exactly what the noises were. He tilted his head and then walked over. "Is everything okay, need any help?"

Do you think that you could ever, Through all eternity,
Find out the generation Where Gods began to be?
Or see the grand beginning, Where space did not extend?
Or view the last creation, Where Gods and matter end?
Me thinks the Spirit whispers, “No man has found ‘pure space,’
Nor seen the outside curtains, Where nothing has a place.”
~ If You Could Hie To Kolob
Taithrosa Eldytia
The Sapphire Star

Words: 173686
Joined roleplay: April 3rd, 2010, 3:33 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kavala on July 20th, 2010, 5:05 pm

Location NoteThere is no kitchen. All the action and food prep is taking place on the Veranda. That's were most of Sanctuary eats together and prepares meals. It's outside, covered, and has a large table that seats 18 (they use it to cook on one end), an outdoor hearth, and then there's a firepit to one side surrounded by chairs. Also Raiha is with an H not a K.

Kavala smiled at Hatot and started to shrug before a thought occurred to her. "How about a fire in the firepit, Hatot? It will get chilly, and perhaps bring some throw blankets out if the evening gets longer or in case the wind picks up. We really have no place inside to entertain other than up in my quarters. I suppose if the summer winds are chilled tonight we can move up there." Kavala said, suddenly feeling a little strained though not certain why. Sharp azure eyes glanced around, curious. Kail. Ahhh.

At Kails simple almost lack of response to Raiha, she understood the reason for the tension instantly. Raiha was right. Kavala would have said so herself if Raiha hadn't taken that moment to interject. Kavala raised an eyebrow at Kails simple response and looked started all at the same time. "You know, life isn't about staying home and being comfortable. Maybe that is some people's idea of what the world is about. But its definitely not mine. I don't think you truly understand living if you always stay safe and comfortable. Life is about taking risks, moving forward, learning knew things and breathing new winds. If I would have never left the Sea of Grass, I would have smothered there quietly and never realized it. I would have never discovered my love of the sea and found a purpose in life. And truthfully, I wouldn't live in Mura if it was the last choice in Mizahar for me. Sure, its beautiful. But it reminds me of a chest with everything all bundled up neatly then laced with moth-repelling herb bags. It's safe, quiet, and the only thing you'll ever have to worry about there is how you are going to wear your hair to the next gathering or festival. Even in my medical classes, there was very little hands on because no one rarely gets hurt or sick or even hungers. At times, it struck me as empty cold beauty." Some would call the Konti blessed, and indeed they were. But living in the shadow of godhood, they were far too sheltered.

Kavala nodded to Taith as he approached but shook her head at his question. "I think we have things covered. Thank you." Raiha was busy butchering the antelope which Kav quietly made the suggestion that the Akontak chunk some of the meat into kabobs so everyone could cook their own meal over the fire that Hatot would lay... and that should take care of that.

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tabarnac on December 13th, 2010, 6:51 pm

XP Award!

Taithrosa
XP Award: Observation +2
Lore: Sanctuary (location)

Kail
XP Award: Observation +2; Cooking +2
Lore: Sanctuary (location); Kavala’s Character

Kavala
XP Award: Gardening +2; Cooking +3; Philosophy +1

Hatot
XP Award: Unarmed Combat +1; Observation +2

Flick
XP Award: Running +1; Observation +1

Dyrid
XP Award: Running +1; Observation +1

Raiha
XP Award: Animal Husbandry +1; Cooking +1; Observation +1

Akela
XP Award: Observation +1

Additional Notes:
This was an interesting little get together, and I’m sorry it petered out. I have awarded what I could, and tried to give meaningful Lore where applicable, though you are all welcome to request something if you feel that I missed something.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Keep writing!
Tabarnac
god of carnage

Words: 346698
Joined roleplay: May 26th, 2010, 3:06 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous