OOC Info [OOC] In the Murder

Discussion Board

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Ravok’s home for OOC Chatter, Development and Discussions.

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Prophet on May 23rd, 2017, 12:38 am

Hey there, gang!

I am back to work after successfully guiding my family through the birth of our second child. We also bought a puppy cause...why not? That being said, I am slowly creeping back into Miz mode. I know many of you have PMs awaiting a reply and I owe a few people posts but that is coming back to me. Maybe it's just being old but a week without writing has allowed rust to grow upon my brain.

The season switch is fast approaching so be sure to get your job threads started and be prepared for more hi-jinks and shenanigans with the onset of summer. I have a few pokers in the fire and some of those have to do with the orphanage. Right now, as it's written, the orphans don't have a lot of time outside of the Commorancy so I'm working to change that issue. As always I am open to suggestions.

I've also unlocked the Development thread. I am only taking submissions in the form of NPCs for the Black Sun, Ebonstryfe and City Guard. I want to have a good library so that all of the players have faces to fill their stories. Please stick to traditional roles within the various orders. Happy writing, Ravokians.

That is all.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Enola on May 23rd, 2017, 12:51 am

For the orphanage... Field trips. "This is the big fancy temple of the great lord Rhysol. That's a bloody outsider scum. This is a nice Ravosala. etc."

or profession shadowing, let them follow a professional for a season, being returned each night.

Or trial adoptions, to see if a family might want the child, and is test driving them, to see if a good fit.
Enola
Player

Words: 12438
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2017, 2:36 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Sayana on May 23rd, 2017, 1:52 am

Welcome back Prophet and congratulations again on your baby boy :D

As far as the orphanage, there could be all manner of chores to be done. They would have to earn their keep, would they not? Some might be indoor chores (cleaning etc) but others might be outdoor chores (gathering water, maybe firewood, shopping at the market).

Like Enola said, some might begin learning a profession. And of course, like all young children there will be those who try to sneak out when they aren't supposed to.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Prophet on May 23rd, 2017, 2:52 am

When the services of the facility become inadequate, master tradesman and craftsmen are sought out to provide internships where they receive free labor and the child gains valuable knowledge of skills and the business that surrounds their chosen occupation.

Already got this down. ;) This is in the Business Path section.

I like some of the other ideas- especially about chores since it creates a way to get out of the building but as a punishment instead of a reward (which has already been suggested). Thanks for the input.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Baran on May 28th, 2017, 10:04 pm

I'm hoping to post more with Baran next season, so if anyone would like some musical fun, send me a nudge. :) Alternatively, I'm looking to increase a combat skill with Baran, maybe hand-to-hand fighting (unarmed). So, if anyone's interested in some friendly sparring I'm game. I think maybe Minnim PMed me, but I'm silly and never got round to replying. I'll do that soon! ^_^

Baran
"If you steal my gamba, I will gut you."

Words: 64397
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2016, 12:27 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Karyk on May 29th, 2017, 3:48 pm

Hello Ravokians!

Karyk and some friends, Oleander Soleran, Kesh Baldur, and Tollivant Bronnsen are coming to town next season, around the 60th. I'm looking for people who'd like to thread with Karyk. Interests for him this season will be drinking, working in the shipyard, and training himself in combat, both weapons training and hand to hand. That said, I'm open for anything. If you need someone to help complete a job thread so its not a solo, I'm more than glad if possible. Just let me know.

Thanks everyone!
Follow your heart, and the plot will follow.
Karyk
Player

Words: 273057
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Minnim on May 29th, 2017, 6:09 pm

Yes, I did PM you awhile ago Baran, but let me know if you need me to resend that. I know how messy PM boxes can get. ;)

Karyk, Minnim would absolutely be interested in some fun once you come along. Some drunken shenanigans would be great (even though Minnim can't actually get drunk...just act like it :p).

I would love to see orphans outside doing anything else outside. Bring your Orphan to Work Day would be hilarious for my old fart.
Minnim
Old Soul

Words: 42496
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2015, 3:27 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Prophet on May 30th, 2017, 11:34 pm

Yo! Today's the day!

Get your placeholders up or you're going to be out of luck. Tomorrow marks the end of Spring 517 and we already have some new faces amongst the crowd. (Fresh Meat!) If I missed a PM, bump it for me, but I think I am all caught up. I'm SO ready... like- 'I started on the calendar events three months ago' excited.

Cover up your coin purse and try not to fall off the boat. Rhysol's blessed city awaits.

:::EDIT:::
The Development Thread has been reopened. Please read the most recent post for the current query.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Office
Scrapbook

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Karyk on June 2nd, 2017, 3:39 am

Hello fellow/new Ravokians,

I'd like to slap yall with a challenge, particularly those of you I've contacted about threading with (which should be most or all by this point.)

If you don't mind, could those of you interested, or just anyone at all, PM me about.. 5-10 questions, from an IC perspective about my character? I plan to use this to improve my writing as well as improve the threads I am in with yall.

Thanks!

Karyk
Follow your heart, and the plot will follow.
Karyk
Player

Words: 273057
Joined roleplay: April 4th, 2017, 4:34 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

[OOC] In the Murder

Postby Minnim on June 2nd, 2017, 11:49 pm

Sounds like a fun game, Karyk!

Would you mind posting results somewhere once you've got them? Scrapbook, or maybe Plotnotes, would work, I guess. I might like to see what questions people come up with, and possibly reference your answers for our thread. Unless it's top-secret. In which case, send me some questions of my own back, and I'll be happy with those. :)
Minnim
Old Soul

Words: 42496
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2015, 3:27 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext