[The Stone Gardens]The Engagement (Jade)

Ferrin Proposes to Jade

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on December 12th, 2016, 2:12 pm

Winter the 18th 516av

With every happy moment, comes a bright future.

Ferrin was sure of it, today will be the day that he'll ask Jade to marry him. It might seem a little short, but Ferrin never really known Jade for too long, and he didn't know how long relationships should last before marriage. His parents lasted quite some time, perhaps a couple of years even. Ferrin didn't really know how long, and he didn't even bother to ask. All he could remember, was that he was very young when he noticed the rings on his parents ring fingers.

The squire awoke with a slow stretch and a yawn, he smiled tiredly, seeing how Jade was still asleep. Ferrin slowly slipped his way out from under the covers and headed for his quiver. Where he safely kept the ring, and he was glad that Jade wasn't being suspicious of him for the most part, and he kept it secret for the most part. The squire was careful with every motion he made, and he picked the quiver off of the hook that was beside the front door. He searched for the silver ring, that was made by the talented blacksmith; Roz, an Isurian. He’s not only talented, but he’s magnificent. Ferrin figured that he could maybe cook some breakfast, but he wasn’t much of a cook, and he doesn’t know enough about prepping meals and perhaps

There was a light tap at the front door; the only other person that he had really told was his uncle. His patron; Ser Xervos. Ser Xervos was a middle aged man, with a small amount of wrinkles that lined his face, also, a very stern, and tensed expression that he wore for most of the time. The Squire quickly ambled over to the door, and opened it, making sure to do it as quietly as he can. Usually; Jade wakes up pretty early, but the Kenashian woke up as early as he could without having the worry of his soreness stress him out. Though, he doesn’t have anything that would let him know when to wake up; it bothered him. Nonetheless, he’s been coping with what he has and made sure that things would be going well for most of his time.

“Hey,” whispered Ferrin, as he slowly creaked open the door. It glided quite nicely, across the wood, but it still worried Ferrin. He didn’t want to wake Jade, or Dina up as he wanted to make sure that they get as much sleep as they can. Ferrin has planned something that might seem fun. The first time Ferrin and Jade both have met, was at the Stone Garden Park. A park to commemorate the fallen of the Order. The Squire thought that that would be a good, and quiet location for Ferrin to ask her the question of engagement. Ser Xervos nodded, he handed Ferrin a small pouch of change. It jingled as the Knight held it out for Ferrin.

“Take it. It’ll help you for today.” The Knight replied, he whispered also. Ferrin arched a brow in confusion. His Patron wouldn’t normally be generous like this, but it turned out that Ser Xervos was being family; and the Squire nodded and smiled rather cordially.

“Thank you.”
“Anytime, now may I step in; or should I get going? I could watch Dina if you’d like.” Said the Knight as he looked at Ferrin, then turned his head to look beyond Ferrin and into the other bedroom. Ser Xervos had visited the apartment a couple times, and Dina seemed to like him. Ferrin was pleased, and Jade didn’t seem to be bothered by the older man’s appearance. At least Ferrin was finally rounding up his family. He was glad to find out that his uncle was here, and that his uncle was willing to teach him; and train him to become a Knight. Ferrin can feel it, he’s close to becoming a Knight. He just needs to work up more on a lot of skills; horseback riding, the Squire also wanted to work on his Archery, mostly his longbow. Though, hunting would normally benefit his archery.

“I am not so sure, Ser.” Ferrin replied with a quiet hush. The Kenahasian was undecided truly. Lost even, Ferrin didn’t know what option would be better. He could leave Dina here with Ser Xervos, but what if Jade wanted to bring her along. Perhaps he should wake her up, and they could discuss something as a family? “But, you can stay if you’d want, couch is over there of course.” Ferrin pointed, before he closed the door behind Ser Xervos. “Make yourself at home.”

Credits go to Aislyn
Last edited by Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on February 8th, 2017, 5:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Jade Laken on December 12th, 2016, 3:37 pm

Jade shifted on her pallet as the bed made a light creek from the sudden weight change. Arms repositioned themselves to right under her head as the blonde drifted back off to sleep. There was not many mornings when she would allow herself to sleep in. Most of the time she got up and began her morning routine of getting ready early. That way when Ferrin and Dina arouse the only thing left was to plate breakfast and get the child ready for the day. However with both adults having the day off her body seemed determined to get the rest it needed no matter the noise. The blonde had noticed a strange behavior to the Kenashian, but thought it was just her inexperience with those outside of Endrykas. The young girl did not hear when the older man entered the apartment. As the drykas slept a certain little girl woke up to the sound of the creaking couch springs.

Dina sat up and yawned rubbing her eyes before managing to climb down from her bed. Little feet padded into the living room as the child rubbed one eye at a time. Yawning she looked around and saw Ferring before running over to him with a giggle. Reaching up to him the little one wanted to be held and fall back asleep much like she did with Jade.

“Papa!” Dina called and hugged him tightly with a giggle before noticing Xervos, “oh! Uncle Xervos, does papa have to leave again today?”

The child understood why he left, but she still wanted to have a day were he was at home. Looking back to Ferrin she waited patiently for an answer not hearing Jade wake up to her cry. The sudden shout from Dina caused the blonde to jerk up worried. Once the soft giggling was heard the blonde relaxed and rubbed her eyes. Jumping the woman quickly got ready knowing she probably looked like death, but what worried her was that Dina had said hello to Xervos. The woman had no problem with the older man coming over and eating, but his appearance normally meant that Ferrin would be gone for the day. Pushing down the fear he would once again be in danger the Drykas walked outside of the bedroom.

“Good morning Xervos. To what do we owe the pleasure?” Jade asked with a smooth calmness that did not portray any of her fear, “I will start breakfast any requests?”

The girl walked over and gave Ferrin a little peck on the lips knowing how embarrassed he seemed to get. The short kiss was enough to turn the young man red; it always had for as long as the girl remembered.

"The Ways of the Drykas."
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on May 15th, 2017, 4:40 pm

The Engagement

Ser Xervos smiled at Jade as he had walked into the apartment. With a slight sigh, and a calloused hand that rested upon Ferrin's shoulder. Ferrin was glad that he had told Ser Xervos about the engagement, and was glad that he could watch Dina for a little while. Even though, he knew how much Knights need to work, though, Ser Xervos was also his uncle and a brother to Ferrin's father, Thorin. So much had happened ever since Ferrin had met Jade, and she stayed with him through thick and thin. Even when Ferrin was possessed by a ghost for a bit. She still stayed, and Ferrin won't even return to that building near the docks. It was a warehouse, but still, it was pretty creepy. Ghosts were creepy, and dark places was creepy. Ferrin didn't like either of them at all.

Dina came rushing in excitedly, and held her arms up. Ferrin leaned over and picked her up, his muscles tensed, as he kept her aloft and held her with her body leaning against his left arm her head resting against his. Ferrin smiled and blushed, as he felt glad that Dina was finding a place at home with them.

Ser Xervos smiled and brushed a few locks of hair out of Dina's face as she yawned.

"Not a morning person huh?" Xervos smiled. "Well, Papa and Moma have something important to do today." He added with another cheery smile, and stroked his fuzzy beard. Jade walked over and gave Ferrin a kiss, again another blush. Ferrin returned it gratefully, and was glad to see her awake and filled with joy.

"I'm fine Ms. Jade, perhaps you two should go out for breakfast this morning hm?" Xervos asked the two as they stood side by side together, and nearly as one. Though, Ferrin felt as if he was already whole.

"Are you fine with that love?"Asked Ferrin as he cocked his head over to Jade, and gave her another kiss on the lips. Doing what he can to persuade her to leave the house. He was hoping to get her out, because it was something really important.

Credits go to Aislyn

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Jade Laken on May 27th, 2017, 11:13 pm

She was surprised when Xervos told Dina that it was she who Ferrin would be going out with today. Now her attitude changed from fear to suspicion about what the two had planned. Looking over at the men with a playful glare, she relented and agreed to go out to eat with the group. Taking Dina from Ferrin the mother walked off to get her some dressed for the day. Humming the girl sat down the child and began to brush her hair gently. It did not take but a few chimes, before the little one wiggled down and ran over to the closet. Picking the girl up, she helped her choose an outfit with a smile. The blonde's mind drifted back to the way Ferrin and Xervos had looked at each other.

“Dina, if daddy and Uncle Xervos were planning something you would tell mommy right?” Jade asked nonchalantly.

“Yes, ma'am. Why?” Dina questioned looking up at the young mother.

“Oh no reason dear. Mommy was just curious,” Jade said waving it off as nothing.

The woman finally finished dressing the child, before heading to the living room again. Moving over some, she barely missed being knocked over by the girl. Kneeling down the mother went over the rules for the girl while out with her uncle. Once finished she kissed her on the cheek and bid the knight and child good bye when they left. Turning around, the blonde walked over and hugged Ferrin with a smile.

“Now I don't know about you, but I'm starving,” Jade stated with a smile.

Soon the pair were off on their own adventures for the day. Starting much to the blonde's delight breakfast. It wasn't long before the two of them arrived at the Rearing Stallion. The woman entered the building and let the man interact with the waiter. Sitting down at their table, the blonde looked over at the young man with a small smile.

“So what in the world do you have up your sleeves today?” Jade asked with a playful smile.

"The Ways of the Drykas."
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes