Closed Useless and Slightly Insane (Allister)

Because sometimes ghosts aren't dead and dogs are people too.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Useless and Slightly Insane (Allister)

Postby Madeira Dusk on September 14th, 2017, 7:39 pm

"It's okay, it's okay, hush."

The Kelvic's confession about the shipwreck and his ill-gotten possessions ended with tears caught in the lip of his eye and a bizarre, wheezy laugh rattling from his hollow chest. She could feel him pushing against her, but not physically. He was hard and inward facing, blocking out whatever it was that stretched between them. And for a sickening moment she wondered if this was what it looked like from a ghosts perspective when it possessed an unwilling host. Was this her spirit invading a creature that did not want it?

He handed her his pack, then sloughed off his long coat and held it out to her too, and she took both automatically. Without them he looked smaller. There was a wide, smiling mouth sketched in ink across his hollow belly. She thought she heard it growl.

Then Allister seemed wait for something, his head bowed and his expression resigned. And again Madeira was shocked to realize that he was waiting for her. The feeling was intoxicating, this kind of charged anticipation, knowing that it was hinged on her.

She lifted her hand to him and with the pad of her thumb she pressed gently on the purple bruise-like bags under his eyes, releasing the tears caught below the lids. They hit the floor between them with a heavy, wet sound, and soaked into the parched wood.

"If they were dead, then it wasn't theirs anymore, was it?" she said softly. "But if you didn't bury the bodies, if you didn't show them that little bit of human decency, you should be ashamed of yourself." Her thumb trailed down his face and caught the fleshy part of his cheek in a twist between the knuckles of her forefinger and her thumb. Much like what her father would do to the misbehaving six-year-old Madeira.

"Can I tell you a secret, Allister?" her smile simmered down into something impish and coy as her hand dropped to her side. "I'm a Maledictor, or trying to be. I've taken worse things than clothes and jewellery from the dead." It was secret only one other person knew, and it was the woman who taught her. Her family, her ghosts, the world at large, nobody suspected that the good little Craven girl had such a barbaric interest. The fact that she was telling this insane man she just met baffled her, but she continued. "Bones, djed, the soul's imprint left on the body. Once the soul has moved on they don't need these things, and certainly not their possessions, anymore. It's good that the dead give something back to the living. You did nothing wrong."

She held the coat out and stood on her toes in order to reach over his head and wrap it around his shoulders. This brought their bodies close enough for her to feel his stuttering breath on her forehead, and see the muscles jumping erratically along his tight shoulders. If he was a ghost, she would be this 'Madison' he spoke of before and tell him that everything would be ok. Or even the sailors on the beach, so she could absolve his supposed sins with their mouths. But he wasn't a ghost, he was alive and right in front of her and she didn't know how to reach him.

But maybe she could be the ghost.

Her observation from before, how she equated his pushing her away to an unwanted possession, crawled to the forefront of her mind. Maybe she could reach him after all.

Without giving her body permission her forehead tilted forward and rested in the space between his collarbones. Her eyes screwed shut and she concentrated on this strange thing, this connection, that was both there and not. It was not solidified, a mere suggestion of thought. She pushed it hard towards him, looking for a way past his prickly defences, riding on gentle thoughts of worthiness and care. Trying to make him understand without words that she could try to put this broken man back together.

Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Allister on September 25th, 2017, 1:13 am

Allister shivered in the space that she allowed to settle between them. It hurt to feel alone and his wall came down almost instantly. He longed to feel Madeira again. He looked up when the slim fingers touched his eye bag. The calm digit was precise, firm and a complete comfort in which the hyena bathed himself. Letting the tears fall also allowed the Kelvic to exhale his angst though that breath was caught when her sharp hand caught him by the face and squeezed. The pinch was enough to snap his beady black eyes up to the cold blue pools of his human. She scolded him for not showing proper respect to the dead but it wasn’t about the items he took. The soreness on his face was amplified by the hastily installed metal teeth but the animal bore the pain deep down as if trying to hide it from her. Part of the broken mind relished the feeling while the rest of him wanted to cower and hide.

The condemning tone vanished and was replaced by a racy sound that excited Allister even before he felt the rush of adrenaline travel from Madeira across the bond. She spoke of her secret magical passions and how no one knew. The hyena sucked in a deep breath of pride at being allowed in on this privileged information. He did not know why it was so secret but he felt out place questioning the issue so he remained silent.

It wasn’t long before the smaller woman stepped up and laid her head against his hollow chest. The feelings that came along with the contact made Allister swoon. The hyena wrapped his long arms around the small woman and held her firmly but he did not squeeze. This apprehension created a very intimate moment where he could sense everything inside Madeira. He could do more than feel but he actually learned who she was and what strength she possessed. His doubts and fears fled like roaches from light and he shored up his grip around her body as if his spindly arms could stop all pain and sadness from ever touching her again.

The quiet and the warmth of Madeira gave the Kelvic something he never understood and still could not place but it was unlike anything that had come before. Allister had connected with Madison on a very deep level but this –tonight- was different. He allowed his chin to roll down until his nose and lips rested upon the blonde hair of Madeira’s head. He inhaled her scent like it was an elixir to cure all his ails but he did so quietly. After a few moments, he spoke just above a raspy whisper but did not move an inch in any direction. “I can do some magic, too. If it would make you happy- I will show you sometime.” He blushed and stifled a giggle that felt awkward and almost involuntary. “I’m not very good but I would do anything for you…” He rolled his head to the side a bit so that her hair tickled his cheek. “But I’m not sure why.” He chuckled again as the thought didn’t bother him at all. Where ever she goes, I’ll be. he thought.
Pain without love is meaningless
Love without pain is selfish
Allister
The Answer to Boredom

Words: 243321
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2017, 2:31 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Allassanachassanya on September 25th, 2017, 3:27 pm

Grade Awards

Madeira
Skills
  • Singing: +1
  • Observation: +3
  • Acrobatics: +1
  • Spiritism: +1
  • Weapon (Crossbow): +1

Lores
  • Coren Snowsong: Vantha ghost child
  • Spiritism: Pain of a ghost-touched soul
  • Observation: Detecting individual sounds
  • Alvadas: The neglected ghost town
  • Useless/Allister: Striped hair, tattoos, and metal teeth
  • Useless/Allister: A terrified, unhealthy individual
  • Acrobatics: Extending hands for balance
  • Slavery in Alvadas: Not common, but still likely
  • The thrill and amazement of power
  • Crossbow: Swift draw
  • Madeira & Allister: A new bond & the telling of a secret
  • Useless/Allister: Kelvic and full of emotion
  • Observation: Noticing the small things
  • Useless’ arrival in Alvadas
  • Useless: A cruel name to replace Allister
  • Allister: Has a certain kind of magic

Allister
Skills
  • Stealth: +1
  • Acrobatics: +2
  • Projection: +2
  • Observation: +4
  • Singing: +1
  • Dance: +1

Lores
  • Stealth: Using the shadows
  • Allister: Feelings of hunger
  • Stealth: Keeping quiet
  • Projection: Re-attachment
  • Madeira: Looks similar to Madison, but is not
  • The touch of a ghost
  • Singing: Basic humming patterns
  • Dance: Simple slide with partner
  • Madison’s approval
  • Madeira: Gentle yet fierce, and better than the rest
  • Story: Arrival in Alvadas
  • Allister & Madeira: A new bond
  • Allister: Out of control
  • Madeira’s secret malediction

Notes
What. A. Read!

First off, you know I love both your characters. It's an amazing pairing. What I loved most about this thread was the way you managed to draw out parts of each of your characters that they didn't really knew existed. Allister discovered a new-found strength (for a while at least), Maddy found an odd taste for power... This was a bonding thread which felt genuine and heart-felt, where your characters braved their souls, both with the touch of a ghost and with the dangerous yet exciting territory of emotion. Good work you two! I can't wait to see what else this duo get up to.

If you feel I've missed anything, please give me a shout. You know where to find me. Please remember to edit your grade request to read, "Graded". Thank you!
All 's' sounds are hissed in Ssanya's speech.
Resolve score - 30/100
Allassanachassanya
Sifting through the bones

Words: 232144
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2016, 5:05 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)