(Endrykas)Calvyn's Relationships

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, characters should feel free to post their want-ads looking for new family members, friends, apprentices or teachers. There are stickies that will help you get started and formulate your posts so your needs are clearly stated.

Postby Calvyn Eltros on October 26th, 2017, 6:36 pm

Hello all!

I happened to just make a character by the name of Calvyn Eltros. His link is in my signature if your interested in skimming through him. The basics about him are that he lives in Endrykas, but he is human. Kind of like an orphan type character who the Drykas adopted. Well he has never been fully accepted within the horse clans and he wants that to change.

I want that to change for him too.

So I'm looking for player characters that can kind of ground Calvyn into the world a little more. I'm talking about friendly PC's who would show kindness to Calvyn when he was just a boy. Maybe friends with each other, but it is important to note this. Cal is only human and not Drykas. So while others bond with a Strider and earn their Windmarks, Cal would watch idly and only wish for those things. I think that'd be interesting to roleplay.

I'd also be looking for rivals as well. Maybe PC's who have a distrust of outsiders much like Cal. People who would want to see him fail. I'm open to anything and all ideas are welcome.

Thanks for reading, much appreciated.
Calvyn Eltros
Player

Words: 13369
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2017, 4:19 am
Race: Human

Postby Maore on October 26th, 2017, 11:54 pm

I'll be a friend and help Cal out, though as a person adopted by the Drykas a little while ago. Can't give him someone to envy in his age group, but can be around sometimes.
Maore
the void behind my teeth.

Words: 136468
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2017, 6:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Wymez on October 27th, 2017, 3:44 am

Happy to offer my grump up as potentially something of the latter. He's a traditionalist and not big on outsiders but he could have also quite likely developed a begrudging tolerance of Cal since he seems to respect the Drykas ways and culture and because Wy's a big softy.
Wymez
salt & earth

Words: 41837
Joined roleplay: October 15th, 2017, 6:25 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Calvyn Eltros on October 27th, 2017, 5:42 am

I appreciate both responses greatly. Creating a character is hard but actually finding people to interact with seems harder still.

I like the fact that Calvyn picked up both a friend and a rival. I use those terms loosely and understand the relationship may not be as strong as that. Still, I had hoped to find at least one of each kind. That way I can represent how some of the Drykas people accept him and some do not. That way it kind of plays to not only my character but the personality of other PC's and Drykas culture as a whole.

Right now Cal is more of a loner simply because most do not accept him. Even though he has been practically raised by the Drykas people. Finding his way and safety within the great tent city of Endrykas. For now I plan to do a flashback thread for Calvyn most likely starting tomorrow.

I don't mean to sound pushy, but if any of you are willing to Role play, I myself would be eager to do so. I've read both of your character sheets and find them both interesting. I like how Ciraaci is a fortune teller for her occupation. I think that'd be something cool to Role play out. I could definitely see Cal going to her and asking for his fortune read. Simply because he's eager to know if he will one day be fully accepted within the Drykas culture. As for Wymez I like how he himself is kind of "Exiled" in a way as you mention in your CS. This is kind of like Cal however it is the opposite. Cal wants to be accepted where as Wymez doubts his own ability. (Correct me if I'm wrong) I think it'd be cool to see them interact as well. Like you said above, possibly even liking each other over time.
Calvyn Eltros
Player

Words: 13369
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2017, 4:19 am
Race: Human