PM to join Blessed in One Way or Another

An interesting ride to the Temple of the Black Sun [Rumour Thread][Maya]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Blessed in One Way or Another

Postby Rohka on September 14th, 2017, 9:42 pm

7th of Fall, 517 AV

“Vanessa, you coming?”

Her voice was slightly strained as she leaned against the doorway of the Malt House, waiting for the brunette to join her outside. Rohka wasn’t even the one who sang tonight, yet her throat was tired all the same from cheering for her friend that evening. The sibyl loved her voice. Efforvescent, with a touch of melancholy. It could’ve only been a gift from the Gods, but the singer insisted that she wasn’t all that fabulous. “I’m an amateur! I need way more practise,” she’d say, her cheeks turning red. Roh would yammer sternly away at her until she finally got the woman to say “Okay okay fine yes, thank you, I’m amazing, yes,” and then they’d both grin at each other like fools.

Tonight though, things got a little out of hand - in Rohka’s opinion, at least. Vanessa sang a song that detailed the story of a man and woman who fell in love on a ravosala ride. The ladies loved it; the men chuckled. Grayson caught her staring expectantly as she walked over to him after the performance and shook his head, restraining his laughter.

“Cute song,” he praised, looking at her. Then he looked away, his eyes following the figure of a blond woman who’d just come into the House. “But that’s not love, kid,” he smirked at the singer while pouring a drink for a patron. Roh was pretty sure she knew what he meant, but refused to say anything.

Vanessa met a man on a trip to the Temple, and she’d fancied him ever since, pining about him for weeks. He apparently worked for the City Guard as a constable. They’d had a conversation that continued on into the Temple, and then she didn’t return to the Malt House for two days. When she came back, she’d been ecstatic. Yet the next day, she said she got a letter from him saying that he had to leave the city for a job at the Northern Outpost. Vanessa hasn’t been able to stop wondering about how he’s doing.

“What do you mean?” She asked the owner, her voice rising. “They connected, they bonded over their love for art and architecture, they… okay, what do you know about love, Grayson? You’ve never loved the same woman for more than two days!” The singer’s voice was close to shrieking, but she sounded more like the ringing of a tiny silver bell.

Grayson just grinned, then glanced at Roh, who returned the singer’s words with a fraction of a glare. “Come on Nessa, let’s go. If we leave now, we’ll catch the last service of the day,” said the sibyl, grabbing Vanessa’s arm.

Rohka contained her anger. She wasn’t sure who she was upset with, or why. She felt like Vanessa crossed a line, though; but the sibyl stopped herself from saying anything further. She just hoped her suggestion to head to the Temple would be enough to coax the woman out from under Grayson’s knowing, mocking, frustrating gaze.

“Fine. Go to Hai, Gray,” said the singer, the mousy grit in her tone causing him to smirk once more.

The two young woman hopped into a nearby ravosala and told the lady where they were heading. It would be a long ride to the Temple of the Black Sun, and the ravosalalady planned to carry at least a couple more passengers in her boat. They sat in silence for a chime before Vanessa scooted over to Roh, leaning her head on her shoulder.

“He’s never coming back, is he,” she sighed softly. Roh put an arm around her waist and pulled her closer. The sibyl’s chest burned with the embers of a fury she’d long forgotten, but she didn’t know how to comfort her friend with words of reassurance. She only wanted to tell her the truth.

The words that came to her weren’t enough. But it was all she could allow herself to say, for now.

“He’ll be fine.”
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Maya Lark on September 18th, 2017, 4:19 am

Maya pulled on her boots trying to hurry. She was running late which was a pain in the tail end; the woman was on her way up to the Temple. It had been far too long since her last visit, so it was time to make an appearance once again. Without being seen the people of the city would doubt her loyalty to Rhysol. Grabbing her cloak, the woman ran out the door and hurried to where the ravosala would pick her up at. Walking up the girl looked around not seeing any of the boats around the area. Making a face, she decided it would be just as fast to walk as to wait on one of them to appear. Putting her bag on her shoulder, the girl turned and hurried towards the Tower.

“I will have to catch one farther down,” Maya growled.

The woman was not normally one to run late since her first day to auristics class, but here she was once again fighting to find a way to get there. Slowing to a stop, the girl took a breather looking up at where the tower was looming over the city. Sighing, she began wish there were other streets instead of the canals that was there. The sound of something causing the water to move got her attention. Turning the woman noticed a ravosala was slowing down to stop beside her.

“Hello miss. Where are you headed to?” the lady asked looking at her.

“The Temple of the Black Sun,” Maya said in a smooth silky voice.

“I have room enough for you to join these two ladies. They are also going to the temple,” she said looking at the young Lark.

“Thank you,” the girl slowly stepped in making sure her footing was right before sitting down.

Turning to say good evening to the two, she was surprised to see an old friend in the boat. Smiling the woman leaned over so her face could be better seen while talking to them.

“Well well, hello Rohka it has been a while since we last saw each other,” Maya stated.

Not soon after the lady asked the three girls if they had heard the news lately.

“No, what is it you've heard?” Maya asked curiously.

"Acolyte Luluria has returned from her mission to the savages that live in the Sea of Grass! I have missed her sermons so much, she had so much fire in her voice. Surely she'll be a Priestess soon after a successful mission. Bringing the good word of our lord to those horse petchers that don't know better is one of the most noble things anyone can do. I bet she brought back some slaves too. They say those barbarians, Drykas I think they are called, are great for handling animals. Maybe they'll find usefulness at Lakeshore. Or even the Northern Outpost. It's so good to have her back,” the lady said while pushing them further along.
Maya Lark
Player

Words: 67052
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2015, 3:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Loken on November 8th, 2017, 5:54 am

Loken was a bit unusual. He adored work. That, in of itself, was probably not too out of the ordinary. But Loken ...well, he even spent his free time off at while technically on patrol. The armor he wore was his own personal armor. Loken had also bough the red cherry skull cap and shortsword. Meaning they also belonged to him. As his personal effects, he wore them.

At the moment, he was in the process of walking to the Soup House to get something to eat. He was lost in his own thoughts when he felt someone bump into him which caused him to step sideways, breaking his perfect stride. He sighed and took a step back as he devoted his full attention onto the person who disturbed him. He looked down at the young woman who had run into him and kept from sneering, even though his expression remained neutral, the look in his eyes made it obvious that she had bothered him.

"Was that unintentional, or do you require my attention?" The young woman could not have been three years into her adolescences. She nodded her head as he continued to stare her down. "If this is an emergency, find your words then speak them." The young woman looked like she was in trouble, then almost started to cry. It also did not help that Loken's mouth looked like he'd not dunken water in three season, and also had a date with a razor blade. His lips were sill erupting in pain from the curse that had been given to him by the the registrar; he did no know that. He simply believe that he caught some sort of sickness.

His tone, the way he stood, the fact that his mouth slightly bled. All that along with whatever the situation was, cause the young woman to cry.

"My fathers slave, he was suppose to come with me to carry my things when I went shopping. But he ended up just running away."

Loken let out another sigh once she finished speaking. "You waited that long to tell me?... where is it? Which way did it go?" The young woman then took off running while waving for Loken to follow her. He took off into a quickened sprint right after her. "What does it look like?" He asked while chasing after her.

"He's a Benshira wearing a golden collar. He's also wearing a blue tunic."

As Loken continued to run after her, he glanced to his side as they passed an entrance to an alleyway. He caught a glimpse of a persons back, draped in blue, running away from him his direction. Loken instantly took off after them down the alley, leaving the young woman behind. Once she noticed, she started to run after Loken.

He did not know if the slave knew he was being chased at that moment, but it was not hard for him to assume that the slave knew it was in a large amount of trouble. When the slave took a left out of the alley, Loken chased after them. It appeared as if the slave had been running far longer than the Guardsman, so had a slightly slower pace. It was true that his own side was starting to tingle with the sensation of fatigue, he took deep breaths that managed to keep it from hurting too much.

The slave suddenly stopped not to far ahead of him, almost as if the slave thought they were in the clear. But that was when Loken, using all of his forward momentum, preformed one of his favorite kicks. The collared Benshira slave glanced back at the sounds of heavy foot falls as Loken was only a meter away. He took four steps before jumping off of the ground with one leg, he lifted his right foot up to his hip height, so that it would hit the mans chest as he bent his jumping leg under him. The entire weight of his body transferred into the Benshira once his boot heel bashed into them.

It sent to slave toppling to the ground as he landed into a low crouch. He drew his sword to hold it to the slaves neck. He then adjusted his reach to move the tip of the blade to hover an inch from the slaves eyeball. "I will remove your eye if you try anything. Do not test me... where were you even going to go? Fool."

As the young girl managed to catch up to him, he pressed the tip of the sword to the slaves eyebrow. Slicing horizontally along the top of its eye to let a small amount of blood drip into his eye. He did that just in case the slave tried to run again, the blood would disrupt its sight. Also a fresh wound and blood trail would make it easier to find them. The situation cause many people to stare at them, which also brought other Guards into the situation. "Runaway slave... the property has been caught, continue with your business."

When the other guards that appeared to actually on duty arrived, he left them to deal with it as he went to catch a ride on a Ravosala. It was an easy thing to do since there was already one parked on the side of the plaza. As he took his seat, told the Ravosalaman to go to the Soup House. The person started to ramble on about random things...

"Also.... Acolyte Luluria has returned from her mission to the savages that live in the Sea of Grass! I have missed her sermons so much, she had so much fire in her voice. Surely she'll be a Priestess soon after a successful mission. Bringing the good word of our lord to those horse petchers that don't know better is one of the most noble things anyone can do. I bet she brought back some slaves too. They say those barbarians, Drykas I think they are called, are great for handling animals. Maybe they'll find usefulness at Lakeshore. Or even the Northern Outpost. It's so good to have her back."

Loken then spent the rest of the boat ride looking at the short sword still in his hand. He stared at his reflection in the blade, knowing that he'd need to use his gnosis to dull the pain around his mouth to eat and drink his meal for the day...

Nano WC: 1076
Loken
Balancing life on the edge of a blade

Words: 151876
Joined roleplay: February 24th, 2013, 9:12 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rohka on November 13th, 2017, 9:48 pm

“Maya!“

The expression on the sibyl’s face would reveal everything at once—the obvious surprise, the longing for an embrace of long-lost friendship, the fear of being rejected out of spite for not reaching out after all this time—but Rohka attempted to hide her feelings under a veil of a polite nod and a practised smile. There was no doubt that she’d be doing a piss-poor job at it.

Vanessa had lifted her head to watch Roh and the new passenger curiously, her hand carefully reaching sideways to rest on the sibyl’s knee.

“Indeed, it has,” said Rohka, her voice lightly levelled. She was at once comforted by the singer’s touch, remembering their purpose for going to the Temple and quickly began introductions. “Maya,” She gestured to her side, “This is Vanessa, the best singer you’ll ever find in Ravok. We’re heading to the Temple too.” Vanessa was shaking her head in embarrassed defiance but grinned at the sibyl’s praise. “Vanessa, this is Maya Lark,” she’d said this while looking straight into the singer’s eyes, as if stressing the importance of the family name, then comfortably settled back to gentle informality. “We met in a class years ago. She came in about a chime after me—I should’ve been late too, but it was her that our teacher called out.” Rohka turned back to Maya, her umber eyes aflame with the memory of feeling alive. “I’ll never forget how she introduced herself. It was the moment I knew that we’d be friends.”

This was definitely the first time she admitted this to the Lark. It was hard to tell where their friendship stood with the young woman now, but Roh wasn’t about to let go so easily. With a flourish of the hand not around Vanessa’s waist, the sibyl continued, offering no pause for Maya to cut in.

“Gosh, I hope we won’t be late for the last service! Madam, how long until we get to the Temple?”

The ravosalawoman turned mid-stroke, her glance reflecting the serene blue of the lake water. “Oh, probably another twenty or so chimes, if this old thing moves as fast as I can push her across. You know I may join you three once we get there, I’ve been told this might be the day. Have you heard?”

It was then that Maya had asked, and it was then that they were given the news. Rohka had only ever heard of the Drykas in passing, vaguely remembering one or two walking through as workers for her family. As for Luluria, Roh had heard plenty about her. The women in her family adored the young and beautiful Acolyte. To hear that she’d done more than just spread the word of their lord by bringing slaves to the city brought pride and joy to the sibyl’s face, excited about the news and entirely inspired to pray with more fervour as soon as they arrive.

OOCWill edit if we choose to continue this. Otherwise, I think we could end it here and I'll continue with us in the thread for the 42nd :)
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Rook on April 5th, 2018, 1:58 am

Your grades are here!

Rohka

Your ledger is out of date! Get your expenses paid for Fall of 517 and I’ll get you your grade!

Maya Lark

Your ledger is out of date! Get your expenses paid for Fall of 517 and I’ll get you your grade!

Loken

Skills
*+1 Endurance
*+1 Unarmed Combat

Lores
*Unarmed Combat: Kick to the Chest!
*Rumor: Acolyte Luluria Returns

Rewards & Penalties
No Penalties or Rewards

Don't forget to edit/delete your grading request in the queue, and PM me if you have any questions or concerns!
ImageImage Elias Caldera
Rook
Ever Watchful

Words: 120230
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)