Ssanya's Scrapbook

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Ssanya's Scrapbook

Postby Allassanachassanya on January 23rd, 2018, 9:29 pm

An Introduction

Hello peeps, I thought I'd kick up another scrapbook. So, here's a little introduction to begin with, wherein I spew words onto the screen and hope they're legible.

As some of you may already know, I have been on the site since 2015. I'm not all that old in relation to some, but 2 and a bit years isn't *that* small either, I suppose. My first PC was Karin Ironyach, since shortened to just Karin. I loved her so much when I started. But unless you know what you're doing from the get-go, first PCs are a bit of a tricky one. Over time, my enthusiasm for writing Karin has waned drastically to the point where it was forced. I used to think that as she was my 'main' PC I couldn't *not* write her, but I've realised there's nothing worse than feeling trapped into a story that you're not even interested in any more. Writing is supposed to be fun, after all, and why force yourself into a place where it becomes a burden?

I've been Haena the horsewoman and Baran the musician in between... Now my main focus is on Ssanya and Meriann, a Dhani and a Svefra sailor respectively. Ssanya is the most fun I've ever had writing, helped a huge amount by brilliant thread partners. She might not be everyone's cup of tea, but to the people that have wanted to thread with me, the stories we've made have been joyous. Meriann is new at the moment, but after putting Karin to rest I had to have an outlet for my love of the sea, and I always wanted Karin to be more Svefra-esque, which I hope Meriann will be.

I was also on staff for a time as Kaleidoscope, which I'll elucidate upon in a separate scrap post.

In real life, during the time I've been on Mizahar, I got through the final year of university studying music (and passed with a 2:1) and broached the spurious world of having to get a job. I moved back in with my parents and found work as a customer assistant in the local supermarket, and have been saving money so that I can move out. I love my family to bits, but when you're 23 you kind of want to be a bit more independent. :P

I have various hobbies, mainly focussed around music as that's been my 'thing' since I was about 7. I play violin with a local amateur orchestra on a Monday (the Wessex Concert Orchestra), help out my mum with Brownies (that's like a club for girls aged 7-10) on Wednesday, and play folk and dance traditional Morris dances on a Thursday with a group (the official jargon is 'with a *side*') called Malmesbury Morris. I teach violin and piano to my two pensioner pupils, which is really enjoyable. I love teaching, it's really great to be able to see them progress. I'm hoping once I've advertised a bit more that I'll have a few more pupils too.

Personally, I am a shy individual who lacks any kind of confidence. This sucks, because most of the time it hold me back from doing anything. I know it's stupid, and it's all in me head (arr), but I do my best to fight it. Mizahar helps. My confidence in writing has grown massively, especially recently. I'm also planning to volunteer in France on an organic farm, with the intention that it'll force me quite violently out of my comfort zone, into a foreign language and completely different work environment (my parents looked at me weirdly when I told them I'd be doing farming, if that's any indication of how un-farmery I am). I want to go into primary teaching eventually, but my lack of confidence is an anchor at the moment. After all, how can I teach effectively if I don't even believe in myself? (Rhetorical question there). So this year is all about confidence for me. It's got off to a bit of a rocky start, but I quit my job and that'll force me to find a new one and get the experience I require.

Anyway, that's a bit (too much) about myself. Further posts will be more interesting, I hope!
-Sarah

All 's' sounds are hissed in Ssanya's speech.
Resolve score - 30/100
Allassanachassanya
Sifting through the bones

Words: 232144
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2016, 5:05 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Donor (1)

Ssanya's Scrapbook

Postby Allassanachassanya on January 31st, 2018, 9:33 pm

The super blue blood moon that wasn't so blue, or bloody after all

So, I was walking into town earlier, just as the moon was rising. I was going to help volunteer at Brownies, which runs every Wednesday evening. To get there, we walk through town, and usually me and my mum cross through the grounds of the abbey, which is a really ancient building (built roughly 676 ad) but also quite pretty, with some lovely arches on one end of it. As we passed by, I happened to glance through the arch and the rising, hazy, haloed moon was framed absolutely perfectly by the pale stonework. It was beautiful. But of course, we were late and I didn't have a camera with me.

Anyhoo, when I got home I thought I'd have a go at taking some shots anyway. I wish I could've taken the one through the arch but the moon was too high by the time I'd finished. Gosh darn it. I'm not very good with a camera, but the shots below are some of the slightly better ones I got before my hands got too cold. There's also a selfie of me, shutting my eyes because I didn't want to get blinded by my phone's flash, as proof. ;)

There ya have it!
Resolve score - 30/100
Allassanachassanya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Ssanya's Scrapbook

Postby Allassanachassanya on May 10th, 2018, 6:21 pm

Hi folks. Those that know me and are my unfortunate writing partners will probably have realised by now that I've been pretty damn quiet on the writing and communicating front recently. Here is my little apology, that once again I've brought upon myself.

I won't get too sappy or bog y'all down in my own internal maelstrom. Basically, because of the aforementioned self-confidence and esteem issues, sometimes I sink into a massive hole that feels impossible to get out of, and I'm currently in the bottom of one of those.

I'm considering taking a break from Mizahar in general, but I haven't made that decision yet. I am trying to stick around, both for myself and for others, but I feel like I'm getting to the point where my presence here is actually rather unhelpful to the majority of people who just want to get on with writing, and I end up just feeling guilty that I've failed both myself and others.

Anyway, that's it really. Thank you to those who have waited and are waiting so patiently on me. You really are the best.
~Sarah

Resolve score - 30/100
Allassanachassanya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Donor (1)

Ssanya's Scrapbook

Postby Madeira Dusk on May 11th, 2018, 4:29 am

Wouldn't it be awesome if we could mail hugs? So I could pop out of your letter box tomorrow and give you a hug and say "You'll never disappoint us! You're one of the very best writers here and I've had so much fun making stories with you! If you need to take a step back for your mental health, do it. Or if you need to power through the depression, do that. Either way we'll be here for you!"

But we can't. So just know I'm sending you all the positive thoughts I can muster, and that I think you're more than worth the wait. :)
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Ssanya's Scrapbook

Postby Allassanachassanya on May 11th, 2018, 6:52 am

Thank you, really! :) That means so very much to me.
Resolve score - 30/100
Allassanachassanya

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes