Strange Marking for Sure II

Jade and Merevaika see a Kelvic about the stone they found

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Merevaika on January 29th, 2018, 9:53 pm

Merevaika

25th Winter 517

The Commons were practically empty when the women returned. It had taken them a while to stumble up and regain strength in their legs, Merevika needing to lean against the charred trees for support. With all that had happened, she had forgotten why they had come here - those dratted trees, which they still didn't really understand, that had gotten them into this horrible situation. She pulled her hands from the ashy wood, placing them on the unaffected bark in a hope to distract herself from all that. They had to get out of the jungle.

Slowly, using the trees for balance, they picked their way back through the bushes, Merevaika mainly directing with pauses to allow Jade to correct her if she thought they were straying. Eventually, with the slight wind of their path and their shaky legs, they managed to emerge onto the beach, after far too long.

In her right hand, she gripped the gemstones hard, not wanting to see it.

The Commons seemed to be the best place to start looking for someone who might have seen the gemstones before. Merevaika stumbled through the sand, hands darting out occasionally to catch her balance. "What did they do to us?" her voice picked up as they had moved closer towards the Commons, close enough to possible others to feel safe to speak more. Jade was close behind, wasn't she? "To make us drop like that? Did your vision go blue? It was... I've never had it like that before. It was different - I could still hear things even when I couldn't move or think."

It wasn't a nice thought, that someone could do that to her. So quickly and suddenly too. There were real enemies in the jungle and next time she ventured in, she had to be on guard for not just wild animals, but wild, dangerous figures too.

They had reached the Commons. Where she had been hoping to see a busy area, with every resident of Syka flooded to meet them, there seemed to be no one. Her heart sank instantly and she almost chucked the gemstone away from her, frustrated at their bad luck again.

Then the noise of someone she hadn't noticed caught her attention, the footsteps against decking, and her face lit up again. She thrust the gemstone into Jade's hands, before jumping up, grabbing the side of the Commons like she always had done. Normally, she managed to pull herself up to clamber up over the fence, but her arms were still weak and shook a little as she hoisted herself up halfway.

She couldn't do it. Face red with embarrassment, she hoped no one could see in the lighting and moved on a little. With the use of the trunk of the tree the deck was built up on, she kicked herself up and finally made it. At least, to the outside of the fence. Clinging to the railing, she kept her face straight while fighting the out of breath feeling that had flooded to her lungs. Her limbs hadn't quite regained all their strength.

Hopefully, Jade had gotten up to the platform the long way round, so she could pass Nya the stone.

Because that was who was sitting up there. The cat Kelvic. "Do not go in trees," she stated quickly, staring her down with warning. She didn't want to seem scared, or even as if she cared for the well-being of the Kelvic. But she had to get it out there. "See Jade. The stone... The stone..."

She was too out of breath and in a panic to really explain anything. If Nya didn't recognise the stone straight away, would she really need to?
Pavi Common

Merevaika
Player

Words: 569615
Joined roleplay: November 8th, 2014, 9:33 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Jade Laken on February 3rd, 2018, 8:24 am

Jade weakly walked behind Merevaika trying to get out of the jungle. The last thing, the woman wanted to see was those creatures or males. Panting, she leaned against each of the trees that they passed trying to listen to the world around them. Though the girl could not hear much past her own labored breathing at the moment. Her foot landed on the very top of a root at the wrong time. Due to the numbness in her legs that caused her ankle to roll throwing her to the ground. Grunting, she braced herself with her right arm trying to cushion the fall.

“I don't know. All I know is I want to get the shyke out of this jungle and home,” Jade stated and turned in all directions while on the ground.

She wanted to make sure that they were not being followed by a predator or whatever had shot them. A part of her just wanted to stay there until everything felt normal, but there was no way the woman would survive the night. Besides that Dina would be waiting at the mercantile for the blonde to return home. Forcing her arms under her, she stood up with a grunt and catches up to Merevaika. The woman allowed her companion to ask all her question knowing she was just as freaked out and confused.

“Yes, there was a bright blue light. Then my body went limp to the ground before becoming like a stiff board..... Blackness....... As my vision came back, I could hear them talking. Something about being in and out in five chimes. They.... they put something in your back and felt like the same place on me,” Jade whispered.

She stopped with Merevaika and listened closely. The blond tried to keep the sound of water in one ear or the other. If they could follow the river back to the beach from a distance; they should be able to stay away from predators. With Merevaika living in the grasslands back home, the girl needed little aid in taking them back to the beach. Relief washed over the drykas seeing the bungalows in the distance as well as the common area. She agreed that the commons would be their best bet in finding someone who could tell them what the stone was. It was unlike anything Jade had ever seen before. Merevaika was visibly upset seeing no one in the area at first. The blond was not surprised as Syna was not long from completely leaving the sky in Leth's hands.

“Calm down. If nothing else I have to pick Dina up from the mercantile. We can ask Juli if she knows anything about the stone or who would,” Jade stated quietly.

The sound of movement above them caused both girls to look up. She nearly dropped the gemstone when the dark haired woman thrust it into her hands. The girl watched her for a moment before deciding to go the long way; she knew there was no way she could pull off that stunt normally much less in her current state. The girl had hoped to see more than just one person up top, but at least she recognized Nya. It helped to ease her nerves looking over she was about to ask Merevaika if the woman needed any assistance, but she just started blurting out random facts of their afternoon.

“Calm down some, Merevaika, catch your breath okay?” Jade asked gently. She turned to look at woman before them, “hello again Nya. We are sorry to interrupt. But we need help spreading word about a new danger within the jungle and to ask if you know anything about stones.”

The girl sat across from the woman and took a deep breath. She was still very tired and her muscles ached from being tense for such a long time. There would be very little done the next day the way her body felt at the moment. Shaking her head, she gathered her strength and looked at the woman who had taken her within the jungle first.

“We just came from the jungle after going to look at the trees. There is a strange human like creature with scales on its body stalking the jungle. I don't know where all they travel around the area, but they control some strange blue light. It hits you faster than you can blink, before causing your body to go as rigid as the board under us. They carry some kind of strange device that uses what appears to be stones to work,” Jade stated trying to explain through the fog in her mind. She presented the blue stone in her hand so that Nya could take it and examine it, “do you recognize this or know someone who would?”
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Nya Winters on March 1st, 2018, 3:59 am

Placeholder