OOC Info [Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

This thread is Riverfall's OOC Chatter thread. Feel free to post anything here you want. We're open to discussions, questions, fun images, anything at all is fair game.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Riverfall] Take The Plunge!

Postby Gossamer on January 19th, 2018, 3:29 am

Hello Folks...

Just a couple of housekeeping things. I would greatly appreciate it if you all read the Codex as thoroughly as you can before you start playing here. I answer a LOT of questions in there.

No one is a Kuvan of Riverfall (full citizen) unless they are an Akalak PC. Other PCs must get a weapon skill or the Unarmed Combat Skill up to Competent level then take a TEST to pass. Once you pass the test (it can be in a solo) then you contact me and I post your Kuvan Status in your SS thread. This gives you multiple rights in Riverfall you simply don't have until such a point.

Also.. the Citizen Office... I state multiple times in that thread (and once I get a chance to I'll remove the thread completely and redo it) that you MUST CONTACT ME FOR A JOB... not leave a tag in there. That office is just for notifying the powers that be in Riverfall you are taking your test or buying or selling (or renting) housing. All that stuff you can do on your own without my permission as long as you are taking Price List prices as fair market value.

I pay everyone through the Request Thread. You can also apply for a job there as well if you don't feel the need to directly pm me. PMing me is the fastest though.

Thanks.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on February 27th, 2018, 12:54 am

Hi Folks!

The Season Change is just around the corner... meaning its coming Weds Night/Thurs Morning. Don't forget job threads and seasonal expenses. When living in Riverfall, you must pay Common or higher seasonal expenses. Why? The city kicks out homeless and the poor mysteriously disappear. So be aware and if you aren't going to have the money to make your expenses, put down some placeholders! Remember, your CS must be up to date (though it can be one season behind in the ledger - so current to Winter 517 once it becomes spring). Anyone who can't afford these expenses will become slaves.

And this season change means we are going from 517 to 518 so March First is the Mizahar New Years! Whooo!

Everyone enjoy and don't hesitate to give some input if you want to see anything done in the city this coming season. I'm open to suggestions. I also plan on having a 'big' quest in RF to work with the shadows this season. Hopefully everyone is having fun with the theme.

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on March 1st, 2018, 1:00 am

Hi Folks!

Just letting you know the Calendar will be posted tomorrow midday after the Season Change. I never feel right about posting things early, though I have most of the sight switched over to the new season as of right now and both registries done. So all the hard work is pretty much done except for the two city calendars and the Featured Contributor/Character posts. Please feel free to get your threads caught up, your grade requests posted, and your placeholders down if you need a few more.

Don't forget to update your ledgers and if you need anything at all from me in regards to any of the transitional stuff, let me know. If you are new to the city there are hoops you must jump through so please get with me.

Happy Spring!
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Madeira Dusk on March 2nd, 2018, 6:17 pm

Thanks for the calendar Goss! It looks badass and my brain is already spinning with potential plots.

It does look really dangerous, though. So I've brought some encouragement for the troops.

Secret :
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on March 5th, 2018, 6:27 am

Wages and job requests are caught up besides one individual we are helping separately. If anyone needs hooked up with a job, let me know. There's a job request thread in the Behind The Waterfall forum you can post too!

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Entropy on March 12th, 2018, 5:37 pm

Hello Everyone

I wanted to introduce myself. I am Entropy, and I am the new AS of Riverfall and Syka. I wanted to let everyone know that I am really excited to help Riverfall flourish with all your support and creativity. Most importantly, I want Riverfall to be a fun place for PCs to let their characters mature and let their creativity blossom onto something wonderful. This is a rich cultural city with intriguing inhabitants living in it, so I will hope to explore the duel nature of Riverfall in the future.

All the new people to Mizahar and choose Riverfall as their home. Please feel free to PM me or contact me on Discord for any questions regarding Riverfall or Mizahar in general. I am pretty approachable person, and I will always lend a ear to help you. I was new to site too, and I know it can daunting getting your feet wet before jumping into the water.

At the moment, I am still in the process of making a office, so if you need a thread moderated in the near future please PM, and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Also lets make this a awesome spring for Riverfall!
Entropy
Retired Staff

Words: 12448
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2018, 8:25 am

Postby Entropy on March 31st, 2018, 12:48 am

Hello all my Chaos bringers!

I want to invite everyone in Riverfall to participate in the event. Day of Long Shadows (Open) I will keep it Open till next Sunday, so if you are interested in joining just post. The post order will be relaxed throughout the event. I hope to be able to finish the event by the end of spring, so I will try to post every week. I hope you enjoy and have fun during the event, so let the festivities begin!
Entropy
Retired Staff

Words: 12448
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2018, 8:25 am

Postby Gossamer on April 5th, 2018, 2:18 am

Hey Folks..

I just wanted to apologize for not being around lately. I've been dealing with a lot of exhaustion and stress irl. Not to mention I've just worked a lot of hours the last few weeks. I have the whole weekend off and I'm going to be around for the rest of the week to get caught up on moderation and posts that have been neglected.

If you are a grader, please hit the grading que if you have time and do a grade or so a day until we are caught up.

I'll get all the 'business' stuff done here in a day or two...meaning job approvals etc. If you think your job is fine, don't hesitate to start threading if you are new. :)

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on April 7th, 2018, 3:48 pm

If you are a Grader, please take care of some of your own grade requests in the Grade Request thread. There's a ton of requests in there by GRADERS who aren't actually using their grading status. Please do so now and cut down on some of the requests.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on May 31st, 2018, 9:22 pm

Hi Folks!

The Season Change is here. Today is the last day for any new threads being posted. Don't forget job threads and seasonal expenses. When living in Riverfall, you must pay Common or higher seasonal expenses. Why? The city kicks out homeless and the poor mysteriously disappear. So be aware and if you aren't going to have the money to make your expenses, put down some placeholders! Remember, your CS must be up to date (though it can be one season behind in the ledger - so current to Spring 518 once it becomes spring). Anyone who can't afford these expenses will become slaves.

Everyone enjoy and don't hesitate to give some input if you want to see anything done in the city this coming season. I'm open to suggestions.

Entropy is going to be retired around June 4th if he doesn't log back on. I'm not sure what happened with him because it was a vanishment. I will not be continuing his quest because I don't have time to do so. I will be giving out new situations this season for anyone that wants to adopt one and rp it out. We will also not have a traditional calendar. I want to try something new. Turn in any of your points for the season... I might take down the point system tomorrow because I feel like its not working quite the way I wanted to see it working.

They'll be other opportunities in Summer and you will hear about them as they unfold.

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext