Closed [Knirin Gardens] Part of the Scenery

[Martini] Robinson makes an acquaintance of a Martini, an artist and most definitely not a drink

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Built into the cliffs overlooking the Suvan Sea, Riverfall resides on the edge of grasslands of Cyphrus where the Bluevein River plunges off the plain and cascades down to the inland sea below. Home of the Akalak, Riverfall is a self-supporting city populated by devoted warriors. [Riverfall Codex]

[Knirin Gardens] Part of the Scenery

Postby Robinson Gilli on July 10th, 2017, 7:59 am

Robin couldn’t help but sigh audibly at that as he gave her a look of apology. As much as he wished he could have learned, he simply wasn’t interested in learning if that held any sense. Still that pretty much left him in an awkward position.

Regardless of it all he did make a promise and as he’d mentioned earlier he really didn’t have anything better to do. Scratching at his beard he looked at her, then remembered the ink, papers and such she’d given him so he began lifting them up with another look of apology.

“Uh… sorry ‘bout it mi- Martini, jus’ seems dat them art stuff ain’t a thing I’ve me a natural talent for” He said awkwardly. Granted however was that really this was the first time he even doodled in years, much less know any of the terminology so he wasn’t too stung about.

Still he felt right awful about wasting her time and resolved himself to sit through the art thing she was doin’ just prior to the lessons “ Uh, I’m still wantin’ ta sit fer dat art thin’ ye wanted earlier’… uh yeah” He said awkwardly, resisting the urge to tap his thighs again.

This didn’t mean he wasn’t licking the back of his teeth again out of habit. Rolling his shoulder he looked at her again, trying to gauge her reaction. Disappointment was clear on her face but he wasn’t clear if it was disappointment at him for failing to learn or just that he failed to show an interest if it was those two at all.

In the end however he only needed to wait and see further if his offer of resuming what they’d inteeded would at least assuage her somewhat. Plus it would make him feel better to at least help her get something out of this.
Languages spoken:

Common=fluent, Fratava=basic, Pavi=poor

"Is not that I dun wanna talk, is jus' that I'm not good at it"
Robinson Gilli
Merc Dog

Words: 88416
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2014, 7:43 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Martini Elwood on July 17th, 2017, 7:05 pm

Martini buried her disappointment when she realized that she had put Robinson on the spot. He looked a bit disappointed himself? Or maybe he was apologetic? Either way Martini felt terrible. She had gotten wrapped in her passion and that had caused the other discomfort. He seemed a bit timid when he spoke, but Martini shook her head.

"It's fine, I got carried away and put us in an awkward place." She added a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes but it was the best she could offer as assurance. He seemed a bit adamant about sitting for a portrait though. This made her smile before she turned the page of her paper.

"I suppose it couldn't hurt to do some quick sketches... if you're certain you want to I guess I can't exactly turn you down." She made sure the notebook was flat on her lap and used her practice sheet to keep the ink from bleeding through. She took her quill and dipped it in the ink before she pressed it lightly to the paper.

She shaped the face slowly, her lines somewhat wobbly. Once she had the face, she looked up at Robinson to examine his hair. It seemed to curve in and up at the top, and the sides were somewhat straight to the ground. He had sideburns and a somewhat thick mustache with a somewhat stubby chin.

She tried her best to imitate it, but the hair looked as if it went straight up instead of curving. His mustache was okay, but it could have used a fading color effect where it ended on each side. She had formed his beard lightly, so it came out pretty good in her mind. The burns looked alright too.

She began to work on the eyes with thin lines. She attempted to shade the eye lightly, hoping it would look better than leaving it without color. She curved the eyebrows slightly, and followed the center of the drawing to form the nose.

She gave him a straight faced look that she thought complemented his character. It had taken about a bell and a half, but she hopped it had been worth it for Robinson.

"You can relax now." Martini said with a small laugh as she handed him the drawing. She hopped he liked it, if not she didn't mind drawing a few more. She would've liked to add more color, but working with what she had was necessary."What do you think?"
3/3 Threads
If you are grading a thread I participated in I'd love feedback or improvement notes on the writing itself <3
Martini Elwood
Painting away Anguish

Words: 133955
Joined roleplay: June 16th, 2017, 2:19 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Robinson Gilli on July 24th, 2017, 10:00 am

Robin felt a surge of relief that he could get her to agree to carry on with what they originally intended. If anything she at least gest something positive out of this and he won’t feel so bad. So he sat still as she sketched on those papers of her. He made only the occasional movement as he eyes darted to people much. It helped that he was the sort to sit around quietly when in company so the only caveat was trying not to get a stiff neck during it all.

As she relieved him of his duty, he let out a breath of relief as he tilted his neck left and right to let out a few cracks. Usually it made the more squeamish folk wince a little or even go green, he didn’t how it would affect Martini but he payed little mind to that as he simply needed this. He took the drawing form her hand and well…

He didn’t know what to say really.

It was him on paper.

Do I really look like that?’ A rare feeling of self-conciousness regarding his appearance struck him but he didn’t focus much on it at the moment. From his inexperienced view point he found it quite good, though perhaps it was just a bit of vanity on his part.

He smiled to show he liked it and it was more sincere than any since he’d shown up in Riverfall. Yes, he decided he liked it quite well. For a moment he hesitated, a question on his mind but he didn’t know if voicing it would be rude.

He looked up from the paper to her, his feutures turning to worry before voicing his question “….Uh, can I keep this?” He asked, a simple question but for whatever reason dreaded the answer all the same.
Languages spoken:

Common=fluent, Fratava=basic, Pavi=poor

"Is not that I dun wanna talk, is jus' that I'm not good at it"
Robinson Gilli
Merc Dog

Words: 88416
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2014, 7:43 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Martini Elwood on April 5th, 2018, 5:51 am

Martini attempted to keep her composure as Robinson showed his amusement? Maybe it was happiness. Either way it was a great practice and he had been kind to let her draw him. He kept his gaze on the drawing for a bit.

He seemed to shift when he inquired if he could keep the drawing, and Martini only then realized he was nervous about asking. Amused, the brunette inclined her head, pausing before as if thinking. "Mm, I usually charge to take my works home but I guess I can make an exception."

It had been a considerably long day, albeit one she enjoyed. But Martini was beginning to think that she should be getting home. She spoke as she began to pack up her things. "As much a pleasure this has been, I do think it's getting rather late. It was nice to make your acquaintance."

Slinging the back pack over her shoulder Martini gave Robinson another smile before she continued. "I enjoyed practicing, but I hope I didn't bore you. Hopefully you got something out of our meeting as well."

OOCSorry for the hiatus. I ended here because I thought we had a good place to stop. This will be my last post unless you need Martini for something.
3/3 Threads
If you are grading a thread I participated in I'd love feedback or improvement notes on the writing itself <3
Martini Elwood
Painting away Anguish

Words: 133955
Joined roleplay: June 16th, 2017, 2:19 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Madeira Dusk on June 14th, 2018, 5:09 pm

Grades Awarded!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request!

Robinson Gilli

Please contact me for your grade!

Martini Elwood

Skills
  • Socialization: 5xp
  • Observation: 3xp
  • Persuasion: 1xp
  • Leadership: 2xp
  • Writing: 1xp
  • Organization: 1xp
  • Drawing: 4xp
  • Teaching: 3xp

Lores
  • Artistry: inspiration dulls over time
  • Persuasion: explaining yourself... poorly
  • Leadership: enacting a plan
  • Socialization: introducing oneself
  • People: Robinson
  • Lore of prayers to Akvin
  • Drawing: drawing eyes
  • Drawing: ink will bleed through stacked paper
  • Drawing: the Line of Action
  • Teaching: getting around technical jargon
  • Socialization: giving an apology

Awards & Retribution

Notes
A nice little slice-of-life thread. Well done you two! PM me if you have any question./concerns about your grade. :)
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous