Ghosts Wanted!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, characters should feel free to post their want-ads looking for new family members, friends, apprentices or teachers. There are stickies that will help you get started and formulate your posts so your needs are clearly stated.

Ghosts Wanted!

Postby Madeira Dusk on September 25th, 2017, 6:08 am

Is your character a dead, suffering shadow of what they once were? Are they doomed to forever walk the earth, mourning the life they lost? Great! Bring them to Alvadas.

Do you have an alt PC that you've gotten bored of? Do you wish to jump start their story and inject something new and exciting into their narrative?

Murder them.

Then bring them to Alvadas!

Madeira is a Spiritist of middling skill who needs more dead people in her life. I can offer your PC the perks of threading with a Spiritist; such as faster ghost and/or living skill development, easier possessions, more ghostly energy via soulmist, and Maddy's neat ability to forcibly teleport your character when she needs it. And, of course, fun threads in the absolute best game city.

I'm interested in expanding Maddy's repetoir of ghostly servants, or at least having the ear of a freelancing spirit. Conversely, if you read my CS and decide Maddy is an afluenza ridden, woe-be-gone teenage asshole, I'l love to talk to someone about being a possible enemy.

If you're at all interested, want more details, or want to discuss possible plots please PM me. :D
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Ghosts Wanted!

Postby Madeira Dusk on May 2nd, 2018, 10:18 pm

Nobody replied to my last post, so I'm back with a list of four reasons why ghosts are better than every other race, and why you need to play one, because I'm a greedy little shit. :P

A ghost is a perfect alt character!
No money, no problem. A ghost requires no rent, seasonal expenses or mandatory job threads. This is the ultimate low-maintenance character. And when you get in a rut with your main PC, playing around with a PC with a completely different game style can get the creativity flowing again.

Always wanted to play a completely unrepentant bastard? Now's your chance!
Asshole characters are especially hard to play as a newbie with limited XP, when everybody and their goldfish can slice those naughty words right out of your mouth. Yet a ghost can start off as a colossal jerk right out of the gate. Because when you're incorporeal, sleepless, and can take a sword to the gut like a champ, who's going to stop you?

Tragic backstory ahoy!
Everybody likes a hard history to add colour to the present and give their characters some motivation or heartbreak. And what's more awful than your own death and hellish quasi-existence? So, are you looking for your murderer? Are you trying to piece together your life with your fragmented memories? Are you looking for your family? Ghosts take that classic death-in-the-backstory trope and kicks it up to eleven.

You will always have a thread partner!
It's me. I will be your thread partner.

That's not exactly enticing, but hear me out! Mads is a master Spiritist who has a vested interest in keeping a ghost happy and on her side. She can interact with ghosts in a way few people can, which brings its own perks and dangers to your potential character. She takes servants (of which Jomi is one) or, if you don't want to tie your character to her, a currency of favours with a freelancing spirit would be fun to work out. She has recently been kicked out of Alvadas and now works in a Spiritism shop in Riverfall, where she lives with her crazy hyena bondmate and her ghost servant. Come join us on some crazy adventures!
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)