Character Registry: Spring 518

To write in Ravok for the Spring season, one must register here.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Belugnir on March 3rd, 2018, 3:33 am

Character Name: Einar Belugnir
Type of Residence: Non-citizen Resident
Profession: Mediocre buggery of all sorts, nose crackin', purse slicin' and lass plowin' included... He's a sodding mercenary, ye daft twat.
Briefly Describe Your Character: ''Aight you horse's arse, wanna know about me? First thing to know is that there ain't a soddin' thing worth knowing. Second is that I ain't gonna emphasize the first one to ya just 'cause you's too dim to get the point. Third is that I'll make mush of ye brains if you keep buggin' me.''
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Pretty sure I'm set.

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene. ''There are three things that all wise men fear. A sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the wrath of a gentle man.'' ~ Patrick Rothfuss.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? Honestly I just wanna see people fighting and/or being munched on by monsters.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Not so much about skill as a writer as it is about what I'd like the character to experience en-thread. I wanna get antagonized and/or antagonize other people. On the other hand, possibly have my PC grow close and maybe learn to open up a wee bit to someone or the other way around (not that I'm gonna force an interaction like that if a natural opportunity doesn't present itself.)

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Make the bugger into a one man army really, combat skills, combat magic, decking out in armor, all that good shyke. Just need to get off me wee bum and work on it. (Cough - give me money please - cough.)

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything? ''Whole city could use a whole lot of me boot up its arse... Just need to find the arse proper and a boot big enough that the buggers feel it.''

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong? Really couldn't think of anything remotely amusing for this one.

You may ask one question of your ST. We wants them. We needs them. We must have the plot spoilers. Precious~
Belugnir
Absolute Whoreson

Words: 334032
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2017, 10:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Elias Caldera on March 3rd, 2018, 3:48 am

Character Name: Elias Caldera
Type of Residence: Citizen Soldier
Briefly Describe Your Character: Arrogant, ambitious and... something else that starts with an 'A'... Aardvark?
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yup Yup

Secret :
What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often?

Ravok, I guess. Like what are the strange and unique eccentricities/habits of the people who live and want for nothing in a paradise floating upon the lake?

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene.

"Lemme tell you somethin'
Bustin' bustin bustin bustin
bustin makes me feel good!"

-Thomas Edison

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer?

Grammar and sentence structure. Shorter post with just the same amount of clarity and depth as the ones that extend way too far pass 1000 words. Oh, and this constant war of mine with run on sentences really has to end too.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC?

Develop a relationship with the city and its inhabitants. Its his home, he should have firmest grasp possible when it comes to every aspect of Ravok, from the big picture to the minuscule details.

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything?

Its not desperate, but perhaps an outside threat? Something I can swing a sword at, like how the knights have their bandits. Oh, and an NPC lexicon separate from the linkmap for easy access.

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong?

I've been told there are some useless/antiquated NPC's and pointless locations out there. I wouldn't mind loaning out Elias to help 'clean up' the streets if need be.

You may ask one question of your ST.

Do you think I went too far earlier? I mean, did I cross a line there? Was Aardvark just too good of an 'A' word? I don't know man, I can tell right from wrong anymore.
Elias Caldera
Playa

Words: 1255799
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2013, 1:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Alya'ria on March 3rd, 2018, 12:09 pm

Character Name: Alya’Ria
Type of Residence: Visitor - Debating whether or not to stick around
Profession: Pending (applying for doctors assistant at the healing hand)
Briefly Describe Your Character: A spoilt Konti brat with a superiority complex, a desire for power, and a need for attention and adoration
Need Moderator’s Assistance: None

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? Malediction! It’s such a cool magic but so few people have used it or written about it

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene. Sirus - Neon Dominion
wandering, aimless, waiting
for the crowds to come out
and greet the night with madness
and every little thing here is glistening
the underground is calling me
and there are patterns in the message
but are they listening

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? I’ve never tried writing any magic use so that’s something is really like to improve on. Combat is another one I’d like to improve but that’d be much further down the line

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? I’d really like for her to get some sort of relationship with other PCs, whether positive or negative, both would be fun

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything? I haven’t noted the lack of anything yet, however I’ve never played in Ravok before so if anything crops up I’ll make sure to remember it

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong? Like above I haven’t played yet, and just reading through the lore and codex hasn’t really brought much up.

You may ask one question of your ST. How do you keep your ideas for plot lines fresh and exciting without repeating anything?
Alya'ria
Player

Words: 4839
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2017, 6:33 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Alija on March 11th, 2018, 10:27 pm

Character Name: Alija
Type of Residence: Applying for citizenship
Profession: Blacksmith
Briefly Describe Your Character: Alija is dedicated to her craft and finds the easiest way to avoid everything in life is to bury herself in her forge. When she's not working with metal, she's got a curiosity that drags her to places she doesn't want
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Not at the moment, probably

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? Alchemy, because you can do so much with it! I'm surprised more mages don't have it.

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene. I can't do this one!!

For now, these fun lyrics that always gets stuck in my head, from What You Wants (Legally Blonde): "With a book in my hand// Big sturdy book, big wordy book// Full of words I'll understand" (honestly, listen, it's such a fun song!)

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Being more detailed in descriptions and not just writing "She said this, Alija thought it was cool, then he did a scary thing."

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Develop an understanding and relationship with the city. Maybe stop finding it awful.

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything? Me posting more, clearly.

But seriously, more family stuff. Because they should be a bigger presence than what I've seen.

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong? No, but probably because I just ignore it if it doesn't

You may ask one question of your ST. What thing about Ravok do you think people don't make enough use out of?
Alija
Blacksmith and Aurist

Words: 349054
Joined roleplay: November 11th, 2014, 6:35 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Tanna on March 13th, 2018, 9:35 am

Character Name Tanna
Type of Residence Non-citizen Resident
Profession Horse trainer/Animal handler
Briefly Describe Your Character A cheery, chatty ball of sunshine and goodness, she's an optimistic realist ready to roll with whatever life throws at her (hopefully). Aggressively friendly and curious what am I doing.
Need Moderator’s Assistance I won't say no if you wanna crash my thread(s).

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? ~ * Astronomy * ~ Gimme that night sky development.

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene.
I'll seek you out
Flay you alive
One more word and you won't survive
And I'm not scared of your stolen power
See right through you any hour

I won't soothe your pain
I won't ease your strain
You'll be waiting in vain
I got nothing for you to gain

I'm taking it slow
Feeding my flame
Shuffling the cards of your game

And just in time
In the right place
Suddenly I will play my ace

I won't soothe your pain
I won't ease your strain
You'll be waiting in vain
I got nothing for you to gain

Eyes on fire
Your spine is ablaze
Felling any foe with my gaze

And just in time
In the right place
Steadily emerging with grace
- Blue Foundation "Eyes on Fire"

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Combat. Oh man, it feels so clunky and ridiculous when I write it. And magic simply because I've never dabbled :|

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? I want to find her voice again and really find a way to fit her in to Ravok. Character development is also very high on the list along with building some much needed practical skills.

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything? I love the politics of the city and think it would be great to see it more in play: making use of the Voice, the Black Sun, the influence the families play.. You do it well, Proph, but it'd be great to see others delve more in to that side of things.

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong? Not that I have seen yet!

You may ask one question of your ST. What colour do you think my scales are? ;)

Tanna
words & whims

Words: 114416
Joined roleplay: March 11th, 2015, 12:25 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Ayosel on March 18th, 2018, 10:26 am

x
Last edited by Ayosel on February 17th, 2020, 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ayosel
a shining new era.

Words: 31379
Joined roleplay: January 26th, 2017, 6:55 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Rhyson Halfhame on March 30th, 2018, 3:40 am

Character Registry

I would like to point out that this "kickass boxcode" was made by Prophet, and I cannot thank him enough for it!

Character Name: Rhyson Halfhame
Type of Residence: Citizen
Profession: NRO Labourer / Assistant at Wulfstan Outfitters (Have to clear this with Prophet)
Briefly Describe Your Character: A one-armed Isur who has fallen under the seduction of Rhysol, smokes too much pipeweed, and has designs on becoming a private investigator of sorts, one day, in service to one of Ravok's noble families.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I'd love to see some of the pre-Valterrian stuff come into play. Maybe a lost tomb full of ancient relics, or some more godly drama? Or just plain old artifacts from before the world was destroyed, being employed in quest threads or something.

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene. “The question,’ she replied, ‘is not whether you will love, hurt, dream, and die. It is what you will love, why you will hurt, when you will dream, and how you will die. This is your choice. You cannot pick the destination, only the path.” -Brandon Sanderson, Oathbringer

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? I want to improve my prose skills, but generally I like to dig deep and find new and cool and effective ways to develop character also.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? I need to get Rhyson a job first and foremost. The poor bastard'll starve if he doesn't soon. Long term, I need him to get contacts with the noble houses.

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything? Not that I can say. Maybe a Holy War? Heresies?

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong? Rhyson as of right now. Still a definite outsider. Need to develop his relationship with the city itself.

You may ask one question of your ST. Prophet, what if anything, would you most like to see me do with Rhyson?
Rhyson Halfhame
Forgotten One

Words: 21152
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2017, 9:02 pm
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Oleander Soleran on April 26th, 2018, 7:31 pm

Character Name: Oleander Soleran

Type of Residence: Non-citizen Resident

Profession: Gardener

Briefly Describe Your Character: Slightly aloof young man with a heart for anything green and a quirky twin sister.

Need Moderator’s Assistance: Probably not.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I'll be taking a deep dive into anything garden-related in Ravok, once again. As for lore that needs expanding, the plant and herb lore of Miz is pretty unclear, incomplete and all over the place. I've already done some private compiling last year, so that's some lore I might help working on in the future.

"There will be tomorrow
The sun will light a sea of sorrow
Tonight it set and took our friend
If I could do one thing, I'd bring him back
Snow won't stick to the weeping willows."

-The Hush Sound - Weeping Willows-

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Combat. Combat, combat, COMBAT. It's my mantra.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? In the long run, I have my eye on Phylonura.

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything? I've only really had a very inactive season in Ravok, so I don't have enough of a overview to be contrsuctive here.

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong? -

You may ask one question of your ST. No question here, just a hug. You're awesome.
Last edited by Oleander Soleran on May 2nd, 2018, 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oleander Soleran
"Herb Boy"

Words: 87933
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2017, 2:59 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Hwyn on April 27th, 2018, 10:03 pm

Title and Date

Character Name: Hwyn
Type of Residence: Slave, Iprefer the term Bought companion
Profession: look Cute
Briefly Describe Your Character: Slave bard thief and all around adorable creature
Need Moderator’s Assistance: At one point I would've said I just want attention, Prophets attention however is quite concerning

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I think we need more mook monsters

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene. “The worth is in the act. Your worth halts when you surrender your will to change and experience life. But options are before you; choose one and dedicate yourself to it. The deeds will give you a new hope and purpose.”
― Christopher Paolini, Eragon

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Hrmm i think I'd like to find more things I like writing about and diversify what I do write

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Learn a combat/magical skill, I was once stronger than Eva you know. A familiar would be nice

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything?More Hwyns

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong? Not really I'm quite fond of the hodgepodge

You may ask one question of your ST. How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Rusty on May 5th, 2018, 5:29 pm

Character Name: Rusty
Type of Residence: Visitor
Profession: He used to help out in a brothel, mostly sewing or errands. If he wanted a little bit of extra gold he simply used to steal it.
Briefly Describe Your Character: Rusty is an outgoing, charismatic teen, always up to something and never losing his good humor. His way around words tends to rescue him out of the trickiest situations and his dreams of fame and wealth give him hope to fight through all the difficulties of his young life. And he dreams of becoming the most famous pirate of Mizahar, of course. Who doesn’t?
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Probably not. I don’t know...?

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often?: I really don’t know. I’m new and I’m blissfully confused. Ask me that in a season or two?

"We're breaking up the city
No time for wasting away
So tell me why should I stay
A prisoner of today"

Billy Talent- Prisoners of Today

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Describing, especially environments.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Rusty wants to become a pirate and therefore he should work on skills like fighting, sailing and so on …

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything? Nope?

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong? Nope …?
Rusty
Player

Words: 5291
Joined roleplay: May 4th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet

Previous