OOC Info A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts - Syka's OOC

For all Syka's OOC Chatter, Announcements, and Q&A.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts - Syka's OOC

Postby Gossamer on May 31st, 2018, 9:17 pm

Hello Folks!

Just a friendly reminder that TODAY is the last day of Spring. Tomorrow, Summer starts and there can't be any new posting in Syka under old timestamps. Get your job threads completed and your timestamps in. I am somewhat considering Spring a lost season to me because I had serious health issues (that I'm still dealing with) and lost a big chunk of time where I couldn't be here. There's no guarantee that won't happen again. It could. But I feel like I'm through the shock of it and am getting better at the day to day dealing with things.

I hope all of you are doing well. I know I wasn't the only one that had a rough spring all around. Many of you did.

I'd like to move the Veronica quest (with its current members) to Summer and restart it there (just having everyone move their posts to the new thread) so we can keep current and not get so far behind. Is anyone opposed to that? Let me know here in the OOC channel.

The site will be changed over to the new season sometime tomorrow afternoon when I get home from running around. I go to bed too early to do it tonight. At that time the new city bling will be posted and we'll get started all refreshed.

Remember, to be in Syka, you need to be a contributing resident. There is no tourism here. Visitors are traders stopping to briefly trade and the occasional God or Goddess we can't actually kick out. All others and people that have hung out without RPing or doing their job threads aren't welcome.. and will be asked to leave. No talking Founders into letting you stay. They don't like lookee-lou's and people just coming here to exploit the jungle, the ruins, or any of the stuff that should be IC knowledge only after being in Syka a while.

If you haven't rp'd and completed or at least attempted to start your jobs you won't be allowed to stay or re-register. I want to keep a core active tight-knit group here in Syka... and I want the city to stay small.

Thanks for understanding!

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on June 2nd, 2018, 2:26 am

Okay folks!

The new registry and calendar is up. I'm moving the event from last season (finding the veronica) to this season with a new timestamp so if you want to rejoin by just reposting your old post (i'll leave the old thread up) then feel free to do so. If you want to join and weren't here last season, that's still fine. I'm scrapping Spring because it was a total loss for me personally due to IRL illness/mental breakdowns (you've all been there stop judging!) so we'll just restart that event and go from here!

Fire in the sky will continue... probably with just Ialari since no one else is active.

DONT FORGET TO UPDATE YOUR CS!
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on June 3rd, 2018, 4:21 pm

Hi Folks...

Like I said Spring was sort of a lost season for me. I failed miserably on this quest to locate James and The Veronica so we are restarting it this season and hopefully getting it concluded.

Here's the reposting in the current season. Please feel free to repost your old posts (if you still want to play) in the current thread. New folks to Syka are allowed to join.

I'll be posting at least once a week usually on Sundays so you have one week to get this done and get into the quest. When I post again it will be closed thereafter.

Thanks for understanding!

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Raymond Rhythorn on June 3rd, 2018, 6:39 pm

Hello everyone!
New to Syka, my first season here. Looking forward to playing here with y'all.

I would like to to know more about the job of a Ashta handler or whatever its called.
Are Ashta like other animals or do they need special care?
Raymond Rhythorn
Player

Words: 6450
Joined roleplay: December 24th, 2017, 12:07 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on June 5th, 2018, 2:49 am

Hello Folks..

I just wanted to leave a little note saying I had an extremely long day today. I worked over then had some tests at the doc that ran late, plus running around time after those tests to hit pharmacies etc... so I didn't get home until very very late. I crashed for a nap just in time to wake up and go to bed.

Yea... super productive there.

Mondays are usually my individual mod post days and I know I have three of you waiting for me to respond or get our threads started for your entry into Syka. I'm sorry for the delay but they will have to wait until tues. I will make them a priority.

Thanks for understanding.

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Solstice on June 8th, 2018, 4:19 pm

Hi everyone! I'm going to be helping out Gossamer this season, so just thought I'd check in and say hey! I'm looking forward to writing with everybody!
Solstice
The Sky Awaits

Words: 184384
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2018, 3:05 am
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ashka on June 8th, 2018, 8:06 pm

Hi Solstice. Welcome to Syka
Ashka
Spinning between two seas

Words: 114863
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2017, 2:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on June 11th, 2018, 12:33 am

Hi Folks.

Since no one posted in the quest "When Ships Don't Come Home...." I guess I'll call it a wash and take it down. Sundays are my quest post days but if I don't get any activity or interest, then that means there's no reason to keep doing quests.

I'll leave it up for a few more hours. But I'm just sad that in an entire week, no one could bother to move an old post over or hop in to a new quest. :)
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Solstice on June 12th, 2018, 7:16 pm

Afternoon everyone! I'm looking to stretch my brand new storyteller legs and get some experience doing some modded threads. This could be an introduction thread, or one of the summer calendar plot devices, or maybe something else if you have an idea. If you're interested, just send myself or Gossamer a pm and we'll work something out!
Solstice
The Sky Awaits

Words: 184384
Joined roleplay: June 3rd, 2018, 3:05 am
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ixtli on June 13th, 2018, 4:40 pm

Welcome to Syka Solstice and thanks for stepping up!
Also, welcome to the new PCs, it's nice to see the settlement growing.

I'm (ever so slowly) coming back from my hiatus/moving countries situation and I should manage to have more regular writing and posting time around here, so here's to making this season more active than the previous one. Many thanks to my current thread partners for being patient and inspirational, although I'm on the slow end of the writing spectrum rest assured I will never vanish without a word.
A last thank you to Goss for keeping up the awesome work of running this city and website despite the varying levels of posting around.

I look forward to see what's everybody got in store for the season.
Ixtli
Player

Words: 44981
Joined roleplay: December 8th, 2017, 9:43 pm
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

PreviousNext