OOC Info A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts - Syka's OOC

For all Syka's OOC Chatter, Announcements, and Q&A.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts - Syka's OOC

Postby Gossamer on March 31st, 2018, 1:03 am

Ixtli -

Good luck in your move. I know how hectic that can be. Thank you SOOO much for letting us know. Mad respect for people (you and like you!) that get busy in real life but still take a moment to let everyone know what's going on and why. I'm sure your thread partners will hang tight. I know I still want a chance to thread with you when you get settled as well.

Don't forget to pop in if it gets to be a while and just say hi. That way we know how you've been doing!

Goss

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on April 1st, 2018, 1:58 am

This will be the final Verusk Fun Fact for the season. Why? Because some things you need to discover for yourselves!

Velispar absorb memories from others. Verusk have a capacity to do this as well, though by touch not by eating the brains of those they learn from. We've talked about this already on a previous Saturday. To go along with this skill, Verusk have one final trait.

Verusk have Hyperthymesia. Hyperthymesia, also known as piking or hyperthymestic syndrome, is a condition in which an individual possesses a superior autobiographical memory, meaning he or she can recall the vast majority of personal experiences and events in his or her life. This means they can recall their own hatching, and all the events of their life super clearly as if it JUST happened to them.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on April 5th, 2018, 2:17 am

Hey Folks..

I just wanted to apologize for not being around lately. I've been dealing with a lot of exhaustion and stress irl. Not to mention I've just worked a lot of hours the last few weeks. I have the whole weekend off and I'm going to be around for the rest of the week to get caught up on moderation and posts that have been neglected.

If you are a grader, please hit the grading que if you have time and do a grade or so a day until we are caught up.

I'll get all the 'business' stuff done here in a day or two...meaning job approvals etc. If you think your job is fine, don't hesitate to start threading if you are new. :)

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Sara on April 11th, 2018, 6:16 am

Well first lets here it for Syka opening *raise her glass of rum and drains it of it contents*
I have always wanted to live/based in a tropical wonder land. That said i am only just getting the hang of finding my way around the site - here hoping i don't make any fatal mistakes.

Now for what i was really looking for Thread Partners. I am open to all topics so feel free to PM me

Sara
Sara
Player

Words: 16122
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2017, 3:28 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Satevis on April 23rd, 2018, 5:39 pm

I'm sorry to everyone I'm in threads with right now, but my PhD thesis work has picked up in a major way, and I have to drop some things to keep up. Regrettably, I'm taking a step back from Miz for now, but I'll try to come back asap

Credit for avatar and signature go to Coltyn
Satevis
Player

Words: 259272
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2012, 8:37 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on April 28th, 2018, 12:43 am

Hi Folks.

For clarity I added something to the Codex on PCs starting here and traveling here in regards to skill requirements. I hope its clear enough!
✨Details On Skills Needed To Survive In Syka

Syka is a dangerous place. The longer the settlement exists, the safer it will become. But this timeframe is in years, not seasons. Until then, characters MUST have some sort of skills to survive the wilderness. What is absolutely required is a Wilderness Survival (hopefully jungle) of a competent level. A competent weapons skill is also required. Helpful skills include carpentry and construction, as discussed previously. Foraging and hunting are also necessary at a competent level. New PCs cannot afford to purchase all these skills before game start so as long as they are actively working on them, they will be fine to start in Syka with less than these requirements as long as they get their Wilderness Survival up to competent in their first season. This holds true of PCs migrating or traveling to Syka. Established PCs that journey to Syka need to attempt to meet these requirements before their arrival on Syka's shores or work actively towards them in their initial seasons. If zero effort or a very noted lack of effort is made towards working on these skills, PCs will be asked to leave IC by the Founders.

PC's will also be required to CONTRIBUTE to the Settlement. This means they must produce something the settlement needs. The interpretation of what this means is exclusively reserved to the storyteller's discretion. This means before you arrive in Syka, please TALK TO THE STORYTELLERS OOC. If you will not be contributing, you will not be allowed to stay.

All PCs entering Syka and planning on staying will be required to either write a solo thread featuring a discussion with the Founders or have a moderated thread with a storyteller. These threads must include the PC introducing themselves to the Founders, arranging for housing (and land perks), and discussing how they are going to contribute to the settlement. This is non-negotiable. Without these threads, the PCs will be asked to leave.... or exterminated by the Storytellers via numerous jungle means.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Anibesa on May 10th, 2018, 12:23 pm

Hi all
I wanted to come here and apologise for how long I was gone for. I never meant to disappear and then I turned into a scaredy-cat and didn't then log back in for ages.

Sorry guys
I'm (mostly) back now though
Ani
Lethaefal-Svefra
Day Night
Eyes Blue Blue
Hair Auburn Black
Horns Green
Skin Fair and freckled Marble like, cool toned and shimmering
Anibesa
Svefra by Day, Letheafal by Night

Words: 164692
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2017, 2:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ashka on May 13th, 2018, 5:44 pm

I've added a picture to Ashka's Acres and updated the description to reflect that the house is now finished.

Next stop, furniture. Table, chairs and storage to start with, maybe more later.

I know I've mentioned it to a couple of folk already, but if any carpenters or similar want to make some/all of it for job threads, let me know.
Ashka
Spinning between two seas

Words: 114863
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2017, 2:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on May 13th, 2018, 8:35 pm

That's fantastic! Its the reason I want you guys to post your own locations! That way you can update them and change them as you change them IC! It looks great.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on May 14th, 2018, 3:15 am

More new locations... a ruin and a cave.
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext