Solo The Mechanics of Using Violence, pt. 1

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

The Mechanics of Using Violence, pt. 1

Postby Nellie Hawkins on July 8th, 2018, 4:46 am

.7th of summer.
.9th bell.

Face still flaming from the over-exuberant search she’d been subjected to, Nellie walked nervously into the old structure; despite having legitimate business at the Proving Grounds, being anywhere so obviously associated with any of Sunberth’s gangs made her skin crawl. Neutral zones were safe zones – being seen any place that “belonged” to any specific gang could be a dangerous thing. But, for weapons training in Sunberth, the Proving Grounds were it. They weren’t cheap, but they offered group and individual lessons and the training provided was thorough, as far as it went; for safety, it was a worthy investment.

“Think I oughta get a discount, or a meal, or somethin’, after that,” she muttered – very quietly; she understood the guards searched all non-Sun’s Birth members before allowing them in, but Nellie was positive that her guard had taken too much time and too much pleasure in making sure there was no contraband on her person. Her skin crawled, remembering the man’s glinting eyes as his hands roamed slowly, patting here, pinching there, outright groping more than once. His partner had snickered and very obviously looked the other way, leaving Nellie no choice but to silently endure the humiliation if she wanted to learn how to defend herself against that type of treatment, or worse.

Upon completion of the degrading ordeal, Nellie had inquired, through gritted teeth, where she was to go for her private training session. The man had snidely offered her a discount on his own private lessons, but had given her no real information. Fortunately, after passing through the main breezeway, Nellie saw a small grouping of practice dummies and the woman who had agreed to begin her training today, Captain Eleuia, of the Sun’s Birth.

This must be the place, she thought, with a twist of her lips that was more grimace than smile. Gripping the practice dagger she’d been obliged to purchase, Nellie squared her shoulders as she neared the training area. She’d been under the impression that “private lessons” would be conducted in private; that was apparently not the case, as the practice dummies were set out in the open courtyard, off to the side but in plain view of anyone desiring to watch, gawk, or mock. Judging by the number of dragoons standing idly by, there would be plenty of fun had at her expense. Nodding to the woman, Nellie assumed what she hoped passed for a ready stance and greeted her instructor.

“Captain Eleuia. Thanks for takin’ time with me today.” When in doubt, be polite, Nellie couldn’t remember who had told her that, but it was good advice. Hopefully the other woman would appreciate the gesture; Nellie had the feeling it would be very unpleasant to irritate her teacher so early in the lessons.

“Nellie.” Eleuia’s voice wasn’t harsh, exactly, but the tone suggested she was a woman who didn’t appreciate small talk. “You can put that down over there, for now. We won’t be using it until we’ve covered a few basics.” With a nod of her head, the Captain indicated Nellie should put her blade on a small table just outside the circle of dummies.

As Nellie moved to do that, she heard Eleuia continue, “A knife, or dagger, is only as good as your element of surprise. Fine for a last minute self-defense weapon, but the training is more technique than bladework. Today we’ll cover some basic principles of self-defense, and if you manage to master those reasonably well, I’ll let you try it on the dummies, with your practice dagger.”

Nellie nodded, though her response seemed unnecessary. Eleuia had already moved directly in front of her, and was speaking again.

“Now, since you didn’t pay me to see you injured in training, we’re going to do a few basic warm ups to make sure your muscles - “

“What muscles? She’s a petchin’ twig!”

Nellie’s face flamed at the derisive comment, sure that there would be more where that came from, but Eleuia whirled, every inch the captain, and addressed the speaker in clipped words that left no room for argument.

“Run. You run until I’m done with this one, and then you and I are going to train.” Eleuia was not loud, but the displeasure in her voice may as well have been shouted at full volume, for the effect it had on the man. The dragoon gulped visibly, and Nellie barely managed to withhold her smile at the sight of his face whitening even as his legs took him on a long tour of the Proving Grounds.

Eleuia watched him for a few ticks before returning her attention to the lesson. “As I was saying, these warm ups will not eliminate soreness. You will be sore when we are done today. But the stretching will warm up your muscles, increasing blood and oxygen flow, and minimizing the potential for injury. Now it is your turn to run. Twice around the perimeter, do not sprint.”

On a silent groan, Nellie turned to follow the captain’s directions. She hated running, and generally reserved it for times of most desperate need. And what did running have to do with learning to use a dagger, anyway? A glance back at Eleuia’s face convinced her not to ask, and Nellie resigned herself to the running, forcing her feet to move forward at a pace just slightly faster than a walk.

At least I don’t have to run for an hour, like that petcher, she thought, as the man who’d been mocking her earlier passed her by, his breathing already labored.

Nellie Hawkins
". . . most of us have gears we never use . . ."
Last edited by Nellie Hawkins on July 26th, 2018, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nellie Hawkins
Player

Words: 125691
Joined roleplay: August 19th, 2014, 11:54 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nellie Hawkins on July 10th, 2018, 4:05 am

Once around the training grounds, and Nellie was already uncomfortably winded. It was a dismal thought – apparently her legs would talk her to safety only so long as safety was a relatively short distance away. A sideways glance at Eleuia showed that the captain was no more impressed with her performance than Nellie was. Willing breath into her lungs, she pushed her legs to move faster; she’d just been passed by the dragoon again, and while he still didn’t look like he was enjoying the exertion, Nellie noticed he did seem to have settled into an easy pace, stretching his legs out fully and covering ground much faster than she was.

With more than a little relief, she came to the end of her running; as she stood there catching her breath, Eleuia shook her head in disapproval. “If I were you, and I routinely wandered around Sunberth, I would spend much more time building muscle, speed and stamina. Gimor over there would run you down in a tick, were he so inclined. Keep it in mind.”

Nellie only nodded, as the other woman switched gears quickly. At least I’m getting my miza’s worth, she thought as she scrambled to follow along with the movements and words from her instructor.

“Today’s training will involve your core muscle group – that’s these muscles along here,” Eleuia indicated her stomach, sides and back. “These muscles are the ones that give you balance and keep you stable when your body may be in awkward positions. Like trying to stay out of someone’s grasp, or reaching to try and stab at them. And your upper body. I assume you know what those muscles are?” She arched an eyebrow at Nellie, and received a curt nod in response.

Of course I know what ‘upper body’ is, Nellie thought, insulted, though she wouldn’t mention it to the other woman. Still, she hadn’t known anything about ‘core’ muscles, and she filed that away for future reference.

“Good. Now, watch me and try to mimic my movements,” Eleuia directed before beginning to twist her body slowly at the waist. Nellie followed along, the move wasn’t hard, and as she did she felt the muscles along her sides begin to pull and stretch a bit. It reminded her of the movements her father used to make when he returned from his lab; he’d complain about back pain and then do a simple series of stretches that seemed to dull the pain. She hadn’t given it a moment’s thought in years, but the memory brought an unexpected rush of sadness with it, and she was glad when Eleuia began moving her arms and shoulders instead. The forced slow pace of the stretching was hard to maintain, but Nellie did her best to match her movements to the slow, even speed of the captain’s. Still, she had to bite back the urge to ask when the real training would begin.

So far they hadn’t done anything remotely related to dagger work, and though her lips stayed shut, her eyes flicked over to the practice blade impatiently. Nearly half her time had been used up on running and stretching and talk; she was starting to rethink her investment in training. She could probably learn more just by going out and stabbing someone.

But you better take them down in one stroke, her inner voice commented archly, because you couldn’t outrun a two-legged dog.

And because she couldn’t take anyone down with one stroke, or outrun a two-legged dog, Nellie finished the stretching with Eleuia and waited, mostly patiently, as the woman began to speak again.

“A dagger is a small weapon-“

Yes. Obviously, the sarcastic response came, unbidden, as Nellie stood forcing herself listen.

“-a weapon of surprise, easily concealed but to use it you need to be in close quarters with your enemy.” Eleuia turned, beckoning the running dragoon, Gimor, over to them. “We’ll use Gimor as a prop; its better to practice on a person than a block of padded wood, and Gimor seems to need a break from his jog.” The captain of the Sun’s Birth smirked at the red-faced, panting man as he struggled to catch his breath.

“Get your practice blade, Nellie.”

Finally, she thought, snatching her wooden dagger from the table. With her fingers and thumb wrapped fully around the hilt of the blunted weapon, Nellie held her weapon out in front of her mostly comfortably. She’d been practicing with the strange dagger she’d found the other morning, and had learned to keep it out from her body – the pinching end wasn’t powerful, but it was annoying to be constantly getting clothes and fingers nipped between the metal prongs.

“That’s not a bad grip,” Eleuia said approvingly, giving Nellie a moment of small satisfaction before continuing, “It’s very basic, of course, but as a beginner you are less likely to lose hold of the weapon in a fight with a grip like that. Just as important as grip, however, is aim.

“Gimor, stand in front of Nellie, here,”
Eleuia nudged the man closer than Nellie would have liked and then came around to stand next to her. “Gimor is bigger than you, with a longer reach and more weapons skill. You cannot hope to defeat him in a drawn-out fight.”

At his captain’s words, Gimor smirked at Nellie.

For her part, Nellie was tempted to stick him in the gut with her practice blade while the captain was speaking. Hadn’t Eleuia said the dagger was a weapon of surprise? “So, I should attack fast?” She feinted forward, not intending to jab the dragoon, but was still gratified when he took a half step back and his smirk was replaced by a glare.

Eleuia’s no-nonsense voice interrupted Nellie’s fun. “No. You should not attack at all, unless it is absolutely necessary. And know that you will likely already be too close to run away by that point. You will aim for areas that will force your attacker to release you and incapacitate him in some way, allowing you time to escape.”

Placing her hand over Nellie’s on the dagger, Eleuia drew her arm out in slow, exaggerated “attacks” against Gimor. “Eyes. Anywhere on the face, really, but especially aim for the eyes. Gimor, if I scratched your eyes out with my little dagger, would you continue to chase me?”

The question sounded neutral and bland, but Nellie was close enough to both people to see the banked menace in the woman’s eyes and the wariness spring up in Gimor’s as he shook his head ‘no.’

“Of course not. Nor would you if I sunk my blade into your neck,” Eleuia moved Nellie’s hand, poking it into the side of Gimor’s neck. To his credit, the man didn’t flinch away, although the pressure on his neck was causing the skin to indent, and an angry red splotch was forming where wood met skin. It felt like chimes until Eleuia released her hand, and Nellie quickly removed the blunted dagger from the man’s neck.

“Barring those areas, Nellie, another good point is the knuckles of whatever hand is holding you. Reflex will have your attacker opening his hand and you will have to be quick to capitalize on your opportunity. Slice at the eyes and run.”
Nellie Hawkins
Last edited by Nellie Hawkins on July 26th, 2018, 12:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nellie Hawkins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nellie Hawkins on July 13th, 2018, 10:04 pm

Petch, I almost feel bad for the guy, she realized in surprise. It seemed Eleuia was not the forgiving sort, if this awkward “lesson” was anything judge by. Still it was her gold on the hook, and Nellie was determined not to let a bit of awkwardness get in the way of what she’d come to learn. Clearing her throat in a not-too-obvious reminder that she was still there, and still knew basically nothing, she risked a question.

“Swipe at th’eyes? Or throat or knuckles. There’s gotta be more to it than that,” she was proud of the way her voice didn’t sound weak, but rather almost challenging. A neutral expression kept the question from being insulting, or so Nellie hoped, but the truth was she’d learned little about how to actually use her dagger. Could’ve swiped at eyes and run without paying 10 gold mizas, she thought grumpily, and hoped Eleuia wouldn’t read the ungrateful words in her eyes.

“There certainly is,” came the swift and testy response. “You just don’t know enough to learn anything else yet. You’re as likely to hurt yourself as any attacker right now. Gimor,” Eleuia’s tone was commanding and the dragoon, who had been slinking away, snapped to attention immediately. “Attack her.”

An inelegant squeak fell from Nellie’s mouth as Gimor grinned and lunged without hesitation, arms grasping at her with hands that she knew would be unkind, should they find her. She barely had time to skitter back out of his reach; confused and panicked and petching angry at the snicker she heard from Eleuia. But it was a good thing, the snicker – Nellie registered that this was planned and quite possibly just a regular part of Eleuia’s training regimen. And the anger helped to squash the panic, as she backtracked and tried to evade the more skilled Gimor.

Holding her dagger in front of her, in the pre-approved “not bad” grip of earlier, her mad scramble had calmed down a little bit now that she was pretty sure Gimor wasn’t going to do her any serious bodily harm. Still, he moved fast, the captain hadn’t been exaggerating when she’d said Nellie needed more speed, and Nellie grimaced at the swift reinforcement of the lesson. It was hard to remember any of what she’d seen in the streets, and Nellie’s brain simply kept repeating what Eleuia had told her: eyes, neck, knuckles. With her blunted practice dagger, she took a half-hearted swipe towards Gimor, and met with only air.

Across from her, and biding his time as she made some admittedly awful attempts with the dagger, dark eyes glittered meanly above a hard smile. It was an intimidating expression, and one that Nellie was familiar with; the old scar twinged as her body instinctively reacted to the expression. It was too close to the one her attacker had worn years ago and she froze for a tick, momentarily paralyzed by the memory. It was all the advantage Gimor needed.

Rushing in close, the dragoon grabbed Nellie by her upper arms, his fingers like iron cages against her bare skin. The contact broke her free of the memories, but too late for her to avoid being completely caught – exactly what Eleuia had said would happen. Outweighed, outmaneuvered, and out-muscled, Nellie knew she’d been beaten, and her shoulders sagged with the defeat.

“Don’t you dare!” The captain hissed the order at her; Nellie’s eyes flicked to the other woman in confusion. What was she supposed to do – or not do?

“Do not quit fighting.” The words were bit off, each short and explosive for all that they were uttered quietly. “He’s caught you – has he beaten you? Is your life worth so little fight, then?”

Everything stilled for Nellie at that question; in a moment of clarity she realized that this was her life. Sunberth tried every day to do what Gimor had done in mere chimes, and every day Nellie fought against it. This was just another fight.
And with that knowledge, Nellie fought.

It wasn’t graceful and Gimor didn’t make it easy on her, but Nellie had given up any thought of how to do things the “right” way and was lashing out with every weapon she possessed. Eyes, neck, knuckles were all out of reach, with her arms pinned against her, and Nellie was running out of ideas as she felt herself being dragged closer to the dragoon.

Instinctively, she reacted, aiming for the only part of the man that she could reach, and struck Gimor in the stomach with her blade. As she felt the tip connect, Gimor’s own skin and muscle resisting the blade, she remembered what Eleuia had done against the man’s neck. With as much force as she could manage, she jabbed her weapon against the flesh on his midsection, using her strength to push against him until there was no more “give” against the blunt tip of her blade. At his answering curse, she felt an instant of satisfaction, and then intense twin pains in her arms as he squeezed, shoving her back from his body.

She stood there, breathing hard, arms aching as she eyed Gimor, unsure if he would be attacking her again. But the lesson appeared to be over; Gimor had backed a good distance away and was rubbing at his midsection, glowering at her while Eleuia spoke.

“Not bad, Nellie,” the other woman was saying, “Of course, I will almost certainly never be there to remind you that your life is worth fighting for.” Eleuia stared at her, all serious instructor now that Nellie and Gimor had separated. “Any weapon skills you might learn will be worthless if you give up before you’ve used them.”

A flush rode high on Nellie’s cheeks. It would be wasted breath to explain the memory that had stolen her concentration, and Eleuia wouldn’t care, in any case. At the end of the day, all the negative experiences she’d had or would have could get her killed or worse if she let them get in her way. The memories were as much weapons as blades, and she would have to defend herself against both.
Nellie Hawkins
Nellie Hawkins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nellie Hawkins on July 26th, 2018, 4:37 am

"Now. The reality is that you are weak, Nellie. I can teach you some effective self-defense with a dagger, but as Gimor just proved - Gimor? Go run," the command was issued casually, as an afterthought, and the man's face tightened. But he took off at a light jog, just the same, leaving Nellie and Eleuia to their training. "As Gimor just proved, his size, speed and strength can overtake you. Experience also counts for something, as does motivation," Eleuia lectured her sternly.

At the pause, Nellie spoke up hesitantly, "If I'm at such a disadvantage - " she stopped, unsure of how to continue without sounding pathetic. What she'd wanted to ask was what's the point? This training had seemed like a good idea, and she'd managed to work herself up to almost looking forward to the idea of finally learning how to protect herself. Today's efforts were turning out much less successful than she'd hoped, though.

She didn't even know what she'd hoped for. Not to leave feeling confident and powerful, but also not feeling even less capable than when she'd walked in. She hadn't even known that was possible.

"If you are at such a disadvantage, Nellie," Eleuia was saying slowly, as though she were speaking to a child, "Overcome it. Be stronger. Faster. Less 'disadvantaged'. Build your muscles. When you've done that, train the petchin' things so that you have some speed and power behind your blade." The captain turned to look at Gimor, making his way around the outside of the training area, looking disgruntled and winded, but still moving easily. "Gimor is out of shape. He is lacking in basic discipline. Still, it took just a few ticks for him to overpower you. Train yourself to defeat Gimor, and go up from there."

Nellie allowed herself a small, wry smile. Just defeat Gimor, that's all, sarcasm coated the thought. "Alright. Defeat Gimor. You want to hold him for me?" One glance at Eleuia told Nellie the woman didn't appreciate her attempt at humor. Hoping for something more substantial than 'eyes, throat, knuckles,' she cleared her throat and tried again, "So how do I defeat Gimor?"

The other woman motioned for Nellie to follow as she approached one of the training posts set up nearby. A wooden structure, padded to resemble a human form, the training dummy was a bit taller than Nellie. She instantly liked it; its inability to hit or grab at her made it a much more comfortable target than Gimor had been.

"Stand here, like you are going to attack this dummy," Eleuia instructed.

Nellie arranged herself into what she'd been considering her 'attack' position. Since she'd been assured it wasn't entirely wrong, she was beginning to feel confident in it. As she held herself there, dagger in front of her body, the captain circled around her inspecting her. Ticks seemed to stretch into bells, eroding even the small confidence Nellie had gained until Eleuia stopped behind her.

"That is almost an actual stance, Nellie. With just a few corrections," the woman illustrated, nudging Nellie's feet outward a bit with her own. "Raise your dagger hand, nearly shoulder high, and bring your other hand back a bit. Lower, at your stomach."

Nellie bit her lip as she attempted the corrections the other woman was asking of her. Moving her feet, the improved balance from their new position was noticeable. Nellie no longer felt as though she were poised to flee, though; as her main means of fighting was flight, the sensation wasn't entirely comfortable.

"Good. This is a high guard position. There are other guard positions, but I think its best if we take them one at a time. From high guard, there are several attacking options, as well as a few counters to them. I'll run through them with you before you go today, but if you plan on coming back, you'll have to practice them on your own before then," the other woman had circled around while she spoke and now looked Nellie in the eyes. Frowning, she continued, "I have no patience for repeating lessons. If you want to master this, you need to put in the work."

Nellie nodded - that was fine with her. She wasn't so flush with mizas that she intended to pay over and over for the same lessons. "Do I need one of these training posts?" She was willing to buy one, or make one if she could scrounge up the materials, but sinking it into the floor of her home might prove difficult. At the least, she'd need to cut a hole in her floor. The rats would appreciate it, anyway.

But Eleuia was shaking her head, "You can practice without a dummy. Having one won't hurt, but the moves you'll learn today don't require you to have one. Now," she stood next to Nellie, mimicking the guard stance, "from here, you can slash downward over either shoulder. If your opponent is armored, these attacks may not be the best options, however if you're attacked on the street one day, the likelihood is that your opponent will not be armored, and injuring their arms may prevent them from grabbing you as Gimor did." The woman's arm flashed out, angling down from left to right and then repeated the motion in the other direction. "You try."

Gripping the practice dagger tightly, her muscles tensed automatically as Nellie attempted the two slashes she'd witnessed. Thrusting forward and dragging the blunted blade of the dagger down across the practice dummy, Nellie heard the satisfying sound of impact. Hitting the dummy was different than poking her weapon into Gimor - where Gimor's body had given a bit to the pressure of the dagger, the dummy felt more resistant. Like wood, shyke-for-brains.

Repeating the thrust-and-slash movement on the other side felt awkward, and Nellie knew it was too slow for an actual attack. Though she was using the same hand, the angle was different, she realized, and she wondered if she'd eventually need to learn how to use a dagger left-handed, too.

"Not bad at all. If your opponent has agreed to stand still in front of you and let you attack," the captain's smirk was almost audible, and Nellie gritted her teeth. "Do it again. Until I stop you. Faster!"

Though Nellie appreciated that she was now learning actual skills, the woman's words were grating. Temper fueled her as she put her body into motion again, reaching out to slash at the 'shoulders' of the dummy. Left, right, left... Grunting slightly with the effort, she repeated the slashing motions several times, until her right hand began to ache from the repeated impacts and she'd forgotten to be irritated. Finally she heard the command to stop, and stood there, blunted tip pointing at the ground, awaiting further instruction. Or criticism.

Nellie Hawkins
Nellie Hawkins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Nellie Hawkins on July 26th, 2018, 3:30 pm

"Hand sore? Arm, maybe?" Eleuia's tone was surprisingly commiserating, drawing Nellie's instant suspicion, as the other woman had not been particularly sympathetic all morning. "Get over it. You stopped now because I told you to, not because you were so successful in your attack that the practice dummy gave up and ran away," all traces of sympathy gone now from her voice, Eleuia was once again the focused and firm instructor Nellie had begun to expect. "High guard again."

The command was conversational, as it had been with Gimor earlier, and it took a moment for Nellie to recognize it for what it was. She could see Eleuia's mouth draw into a thin line at the delay, and hurried to comply, raising her dagger in front of her again in a clumsy attempt to recreate the position she'd learned only chimes ago.

"Higher. Just below your shoulder," the captain reached out and pushed Nellie's a few inches higher, before nodding her approval. "Its called high guard for a reason. Your dagger should be high."

High guard. Okay. Arm high, free hand lower, feet wide. Nellie tried to commit the details to memory, but the other woman's instruction was leaving little time to absorb the new information. S'pose I should be glad I'm gettin' my mizas' worth?

Nellie's thoughts were interrupted, as the captain continued her instruction, "From here, you also have the option to feint - that means to fake an attack in one direction, and then attack a different spot. For instance," Eleuia reached out, in a move that closely resembled the shoulder cut Nellie had just learned, "Say you pretend to attack at the shoulder, so your enemy would move to try to block you, or attack where he expects you to be. Instead, you attack - well, maybe the stomach as you did earlier with Gimor." Eleuia mimed the movements slowly as she spoke, giving Nellie the chance to move along with the words.

It felt impossibly slow, but Nellie used the reduced speed to fully focus on what she was learning. She reached her own arm out, blunt dagger approaching the left 'shoulder' of her dummy without making contact. Twisting her arm downward, Nellie lowered her body slightly as she struck out at the 'midsection,' dragging the practice dagger along the padding without much force.

Meeting the captain's eyes, Nellie sighed. "I know - faster."

Eleuia smirked at her briefly, nodding, "Yes. Faster, and harder. You won't even cut a shirt with that much force, let alone chase off an attack. But that's the basic idea. And its all I have time for today," her eyes found Gimor, now jogging noticeably more slowly around the training facility. "I have another student in need of a lesson."

Nellie nodded, surprised to realize that she was a bit disappointed to be done for the day. It had been an uncomfortable training session, but the bell of instruction had given her a small bit of confidence and fueled the idea that, with practice, she might one day be reasonably comfortable with the idea of defending herself rather than following her habit of avoid-and-flee. It was a good first step, anyway, and a lot better than what she suspected Gimor was in for.

"Practice what I've shown you today. Run more. If you come back, I'll expect to see progress made," Eleuia's words sounded like a warning, and Nellie felt herself nodding in automatic response. Not that the captain had noticed; the other woman had already turned away and was striding toward Gimor purposefully. Nellie felt another momentary twinge of pity for the man; his comment had been no worse than she'd expected and certainly not as offensive as the guard's behavior when she'd first arrived at the Proving Grounds, but she suspected Eleuia's irritation had less to do with Gimor's insult to Nellie and more with the man's interruption of the captain's training.

Alone, she practiced the movements the captain had taught her. The left-side movements were easier; Nellie struggled to find a rhythm with the right-side attacks, growing more and more frustrated at her awkwardness. With a disgusted sigh, she stepped away from the practice dummy in defeat. Deciding it was best to leave before she snapped her practice dagger in half in a fit of temper, she headed back toward the exit.

ledger-10gm, 5sm for the class and practice dagger
Nellie Hawkins
Nellie Hawkins
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Firenze on August 13th, 2018, 12:17 am

GRADES!

Such an enjoyable read! I'm glad Nellie got some much needed training done! Well done!

Nellie
XP
  • Socialization 1
  • Running 2
  • Endurance 2
  • Body building 1
  • Weapon: Dagger 4
Lores
  • Sunberth Location: Proving Grounds
  • Self: Gangs Make my Skin Crawl
  • Captain Eleuia: Trainer from Sun's Birth
  • Socialization: A polite introduction could make a difference
  • Dagger: Good for last minute self defense
  • A warm up prior to training can prevent injury
  • Core muscles are side, stomach and back.
  • Core muscles keep you stable and balanced.
  • Body Building: Stretching and Warm Ups
  • Dagger: Used in close quarters
  • Dagger: Aim for the eyes, face, neck or knuckles
  • Grimor: My partner in training
  • If you get caught, it's not the end of fighting
  • Self: Overcome. Be stronger. Faster. Less 'disadvantaged'.
  • A proper stance for fighting with a Dagger.
  • Stance: High Guard.
  • Dagger: High Guard to Slash
  • Dagger: High Guard to Feint
  • Self: Right side attacks are harder than Left.
Miscellaneous
  • Mizas (+/-) | -10 GM -5 SM
  • Item Purchased (+/-) | -10 GM - Class
    -5 SM - Wooden Practice Dagger
  • Item Sold (+/-) | N/A

Comments: If you feel there were skills missed or lores wanted/duplicated, let me know and we can get it corrected. Don't forget to update your grade request. Thanks!

Enjoy your grade! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Firenze
Food, or Friend?

Words: 674676
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2014, 8:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)