Solo New Adventures (Job post)

Ren's First Job thread for the summer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

New Adventures (Job post)

Postby Rene Rafar on July 16th, 2018, 7:41 am

12th day of Summer 518 AV

Ren woke just before the sun came up from her corner on the couch where she was sleeping in her cat form true to her word to Kelski that she wouldn't take up much room she really didn't care if she would ever have a room to herself. If she was to be honest with herself she would never be in a bedroom where she could be locked inside by someone ever again if there was a lock on the door and she wasn't the to lock it or hold the key she wanted nothing to do with it. 

Ren was just happy to finally be in a safe welcoming place as the Midnight Gem seemed to be. Uncurling to stretch her body working out her stiff muscles before shifting into her human form, picking up her clothes she headed to the waiting bathroom so she could dress for the day. It didn't take her more then five chimes to finish up her morning tasks of brushing out her hair and other things.

Walking into the kitchen Ren spots Kelski sitting at the little table “Morning Kels how are you this morning? Would you like some breakfast before I head out for the day?”

"Sure, if you are offering to make some. I'm not hungry right now, but I'll be famished later if I don't eat something before I head down to the workshop and forget all about lunch and dinner." Kelski replied.

“We can have that now can we.” Ren teased as she went about slicing four pieces of bread toasting them over low ember wood coals from last nights cook fire that was carefully banked for just this. After they where lightly toasted Ren buttered them as for a finished touch added a little honey to them. Handing two to Kelski with a nod before heading out the door only to pause long enough to ask. “Oh did you get the keys yet? If not I'll go and get them today.”

Kelski nodded “Please pick them up while your out.” 

With a wave of her hand as saying I got this Ren left the Gem. 

Thirty Chimes later The Castle Commons

Upon entering the Castle Commons Ren made her way to each of the vendor's stalls checking to see if they need courier before making her way to Goldfinger's Loan Agency to start her new job as a courier for the agency by the 8th bell.

Ren had found this out mostly buy accident when she had overheard two of them talking that they were having trouble finding a messenger that wasn't either already busy or an honest one that could be trusted in the gated Community of the Sun Births that was not long after summer had begun and from that day on she would make it a habit to stop by all of them to pick up the message orders were ready for customers that where filled the day before. There were days her carry bag would be so full that she didn't think she could fit anymore in it and other times there were just a small handful that needed to go out it.

Today was going to be a very busy day for her. She had proven herself to be reliable quick and honest with everyone she did business with. On days like these Ren had worked out a reasonable price of one copper miza for every five letters a merchant needed delivered instead of the standard fee a normal messenger would ask this made her very welcomed among the vendors. Today would be a very busy day well worth her time and what she was going to get paid by Goldfinger's she was gong to have a very good day. After filling her carrier bag to the max it can hold she set to her first day on the job crossing the bag over her head and laying it on one shoulder she was ready. It was now quarter chime after the 7th bell when she left to make her way to her new job.

Ren reached Goldfinger's fifteen chimes to spare. When she entered the office smiling at the secretary giving her name when she was asked after checking her list the secretary handed Ren a courier stuffed full. “Now Ren what letters are left after your deliveries just bring them back here and the agency will deal with them. Your only job is to give the letters to the people they are addressed to. If you find you have unruly person just leave and we will treat it like any leftover letters. You understand?”

Ren nodded taking the carry bag and setting it on the opposite side of her first bag and left out the door.

The day went mostly uneventful though she did have a couple arguments with a few members of the Daggerhand gang but that was easily solved just by saying “You can kindly take your letter from me or deal with Mr. Goldfinger I get paid either way so do you want to continue to be difficult or do you wanna let me do my job?” They chose option of taking their letters for no one really wanted to be on the bad side of the agency.

By about the 18th bell Ren had delivered every letter in her bags so she turned to head back up to the agency handing the secretary one of her carry bags. The secretary took the bag and looked to see if there was any that needed special attention to but there was none. “I see everything was delivered did you have any problems?”

“No ma'am I did have a couple Daggerhands wanting to refuse the letters. I just told them they could either let me do my job or they can deal with Mr. Goldfinger I get paid either way.” Ren replied.

Smiling the secretary said “I see. Well I think you will fit in nice her at the agency. I will see you tomorrow same time.” With that Ren left out the door.

That wasn't too bad now to go pick up the Gem's keys for Kelski She thought as she walked over next door to Silvertoungue's Pawnshop to collect the keys. Walking in to the shop she saw the kind man that had taken imprints of Kelski's keys. “Sorry we didn't get chance to stop by last night I hope the keys are ready?” The man nodded as he went in the back returning with several sets of keys handing them to Ren, she thanked the man and headed back home to the Gem for a well earned rest.

Word Count: 1126
Rene Rafar
Player

Words: 47214
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2018, 2:29 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rene Rafar on July 21st, 2018, 9:58 am

13th day of Summer

Ren woke about the same time as the day before but this time Kelski was not sitting in the kitchen so she picked up an apple and her carrying bag heading out the door to stop by the commons to check with the vendors before heading off to the agency. When she reached the vendors she was told that they didn't have anything for her today so she thanked them and wishing them a good day.

By the time she reached Goldfinger's and opened the door to find that it was already busy with people either waiting to see about a lone or was in the process of making a payment so she waited her turn for the secretary to call her up and giving her a full carrying bag. Ren took the bag and headed back out the door to start making her run through Sunberth.

The morning went by pleasantly enough it was a nice cool day with a gentle breeze just enough to keep from being overly hot as she made her way to the section of Sunberth known as The Sun's Refuge.

Upon reaching the small congregation of structures that made up Sun's Refuge pleasant quarter in Sunberth, this idyllic neighborhood is kept safe from the city's violent chaos. With its large two or three story wood buildings can be found on every corner, the streets paved and regularly cleaned of debris. Whilst lacking any surrounding walls, the Sun's Birth has seen fit to encircle their sanctuary with a regular patrol of some of the organization's finest men with the presence of archers and scouts perpetually dot the highest places of the Sun's Refuge.

As a whole, traffic in and out of the Sun's Refuge is limited to those who are affiliated with the organization. All other riffraff is halted at the perimeter and intentions are demanded at blade point.

Ren stopped just within view of one of the organization's elite members calling to one one of the perimeter guards., “I am here on official Goldfinger's Loan Agency business may I please enter long enough to deliver my messages then I will be on my.” With his nod she entered into the Sun Birth's territory to quickly deliver her messages which only took half a bell before she was on her way back to the agency without any trouble from anyone.

Word count: 400
Rene Rafar
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rene Rafar on July 22nd, 2018, 1:32 am

14th day of Summer - The Scarlet Sanctum

After leaving the GLA or better known as Goldfinger's Loan Agency with a full courier bag her first stop was to the Scarlet Sanctum to deliver a few letters to Madam Ruby Demoya and her girls. The Scarlet Sanctum, its not a normal place Ren would be found of her own accord. In fact there are many places in Sunberth, Ren would not go on her own but she works for the GLA and she has to go where they tell her and seeing the Scarlet Sanctum is just down in the eastern section it was a close stop to make before going on to stumble alley.

Ren walk up to the wide, rectangular building in the eastern section of the Gated Community, occupying a street of its own and set apart from the nearby homes.

Ren spotted the pair of bouncers at the main doors to the establishment, nodding to them in greeting showing them her bag of messages one of them opened the door and waved her inside not worried about Ren being any trouble and only dealing with those that were potential problems of the Sanctum.

Upon entering the building Ren could see a huge parlor overlooking a central theater stage, a smaller stage nearby intended for the night's musicians. The bar to the right provides drinks for those so inclined, and the doors immediately left of the entrance lead to a small office where visitors can schedule appointments with the associate of their choice. The rear corridors of the Sanctum function as dressing rooms for the entertainment and bedrooms for customers to enjoy the associates' private company. She stopped long enough to see if she could spot Ruby. It wasn't long before she did see the woman, she was looking for standing over by the bar talking with some of her employees to discuss the evening's guests.

“Excuse me Ma'am, I have a deliver for your esteem establishment from Mr. Goldfinger.” Dipping her head in respect before handing the woman the small stack of letters.

“Thank you courier,” Said Ruby taking the letters for Ren. “May the gods bless your day and have a safe run.”

Ren smiled “Thank you ma'am. May the gods bless you as well.” With that Ren turned and left the The Scarlet Sanctum to continue on to her next round of deliveries which happen to be down Sunset Quarters.

Making her way to Sunset Quarters to find a few people that owe the GLA and have neglected to pay back on their loans so it is Ren's job to find these individuals and give them a reminder who it is they owe Misas too and If they don't pay their loans back The GLA will take it out of their hides if need be. Most of the people she is looking for have either gone into hiding or have fled the city
and if it was the later Ren really would not want to be them when Goldfinger's men do finally catch up with them.

She did find six people she was looking for and gave them their letters but unfortunately there was still over twenty letters left and no luck about finding who they belong to. So as the sun started going down she returned to GLA building letting the secretary know that who was left had not been seen or heard from sense the day they made their loan. Nodding the secretary understood and just took what was left to set in another pile that was for another group of the GLA and its enforcers to take over in the morning to do what they do best and that is to get Goldfinger's Mizas back.

Word Count: 628

Rene Rafar
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Rene Rafar on July 22nd, 2018, 4:19 am

15th of Summer

Today was a rare day for Ren seeing as she would be delivering her messages in the Night Eyes' territory, where most of its people live under the NE's care or protection. The letters she's handing out are not the normal 'Pay or suffer bodily harm' but more of a invoice on any remaining balance the lenders have left to pay. These letters are friendly information for Goldfinger's valid customers and they have the option of paying the leftover balance to Ren or come up to the agency. Most chose to go up to Goldfinger themselves. The reason for this was due to the fact her route was so close to the GLA that no one worried about the Mizas being stolen by any of the couriers. For if that happen they would not only lose their job but they would meet Goldfinger's enforcers , who would not be kind in their treatment.

Her first stop is to the Simpering Seacow where she had a few letters for the cafe's employees as well as some of their patrons. Nothing much really happened that wasn't her normal day as a courier. Ren spent a few chimes visiting with the owner and wait staff before she continued on to her next stop. That was to the Dagwood Metal where the Dagwood siblings lived and work. They were just as friendly to her as were the people at the Seacow so she visited with the siblings for a couple chimes before she had to head back to the GLA. She called it a day, turning in the miza that the few people who had her take their remaining balance with her upon her return to the agency. At the end of the day everyone she talked to had thanked her. Several said they would be up later that day with their payments.

As Ren opened the door to the agency and walked in the secretary looked up from her work to see who had come in. “Well Ren back so soon?” The secretary asked.

“Yes ma'am I delivered everything I had and I also have collected some of the payments for you.” Smiling at the older woman while handing her courier bag over. “I was also told to let you know the rest will be up later today to make their payments in person.”

“Very good Ren here is your pay for the last three days.” The secretary said handing Ren a small miza pouch that was her pay. “We'll see you tomorrow.”

“Thank you and I'll be here.” Taking the pouch Ren turned with a wave as she left the building and headed home.

Word Count: 448

total word count: 2606
Rene Rafar
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Kynier on August 11th, 2018, 2:54 am

Grades!

Skill Rewards
  • Cooking +1
  • Intimidation +1
  • Observation +4
  • Planning +1
  • Socialization +3

Lores Learned

Excellent Job Ren! If you have any questions or concerns about your grade please feel free to PM me.
Kynier
Player

Words: 1156083
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2018, 3:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) 2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2018 Top NaNo Word Count (1)