OOC Info The Syka Calendar - Fall 518 A.V.

Herein lie the events going on in Syka.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Calendar - Fall 518 A.V.

Postby Gossamer on August 21st, 2018, 8:20 pm

ImageImage
Greetings Sykans!

Fall of 518 is going to be somewhat of a party season in Syka. Things are relaxed, with a whole lot of rest and relaxation going on. And as such, The Syka Founders are going to be rewarding a lot of hard work with some events that are going to be taking place throughout the season to reflect that.

There will be awards given for thread participation and activity above and beyond job threads. We want to make sure to reward those pcs that drive plot and come up with fun inventive things to do which contribute to both their storylines and the storylines of others.

The following events can be claimed and organized by PCs or actually ran by Founders if there is interest. If you claim an event, you must organize it and run it! I know each and every one of you can do this. Good luck and have a lot of fun.

1. Beach Feast - Organize and Cook a feast for the residents of Syka!
  2. Group Hunt - Organize and Participate in a group hunt.
  3. Scavenger Hunt - Organize and Participate in a community scavenger hunt.
  4. Rescue Run - Hide someone someplace difficult or dangerous and organize a practice rescue for the community as a whole.
  5. Beach Race - Organize a community race up the beach.
  6. Jungle Race - Organize a community race through the jungle.
  7. Boat Race - Organize a community sailing race.
  8. Wooden Duck Race - Craft and sell wooden ducks (or something similar) that are painted brightly and numbered to race down the Syka river for prizes.
  9. Auction - Organize a community auction. Get people to donate items. Proceeds should go to something for the community.
  10. Storytelling Night - Organize a night time storytelling bonfire.
  11. Talent Show - Organize a community Talent Show.
  12. Date Night Auction - Organize an auction of the available single males in the colony for a date night the males must provide for the winning bidders.
  13. Themed Dance Night - Organize a dance party at night themed something special (can be done multiple times).
  14. Syka Fashion Show - Organize a fashion show/contest for people to design jungle/beach friendly outfits.
  15. Craft Faire - Organize a craft faire for Syka.
  16. Educational Talks - Both from NPCs and PCs on anything folks need.

I'm more than willing to add events if you'd like to suggest them below in a post. If you want to claim an event (most events can be done multiple times) then claim it after the season change (when its Fall 518 officially), do the thread work involved, and then post a master thread of the event and leave the link here. The master thread should include any thread links you did to prep for the master thread. I'll add the master threads to the list above.

I will award prizes at the end of the season for those who get the most participation and do the hardest work to get the community to come together. As always, I'm open to more suggestions and comments. Feel free to PM me, post here, or post in the OOC.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Anais Seawind on August 22nd, 2018, 3:49 am

...what about a series of "educational talks"? The NPCs all have handy skills that there could be little teaching sessions. First Aid 101, Edible Foods 101, Don't Pet the Tigers... That sort of thing. :)

Anais Seawind
Player

Words: 129187
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2014, 5:56 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Gossamer on August 22nd, 2018, 4:01 am

Good idea. All add it.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Quzon on September 3rd, 2018, 11:29 am

I'm going to claim:

• Group Hunt - Organize and Participate in a group hunt.
Quzon
Victory & Power

Words: 271667
Joined roleplay: August 20th, 2013, 11:30 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)