Mauriel Plotnotes

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum is an OOC forum for PCS and Organizations to work out plans in hardcopy. Each PC or Organization gets a single thread where their players can help work out plans for their PC. Quests, mini-sagas, and Trips can all be organized here as well working out timelines and points of travel and things PCs need to do along the way. Each PC however gets only one Plotnote for their individual PC. Groups get one as well. There is no limit on individuals posting saga or trip plotnote threads. Please denote [PC Plotnotes] or [Group Plotnotes] or [Quest/Trip/Saga Plotnotes] when titling your threads.

Mauriel Plotnotes

Postby Mauriel on August 21st, 2018, 2:19 pm

Linkmap

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Character SheetStoryteller's SecretsIC JournalTemplates
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Brief plotnotes by season

Long Term Character Goals

Character Development Questions

Thread Ideas

Past Lives
Last edited by Mauriel on February 9th, 2019, 5:33 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Mauriel
Shining On

Words: 167162
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2014, 12:45 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)

Mauriel Plotnotes

Postby Mauriel on August 22nd, 2018, 1:28 pm

Plotnotes

Spring 519AV :
Spring 519 AV Goals
  • Enroll at Alluvion Academy for Anthropology ☐
  • Do class threads ☐☐☐
  • Do job threads ☐☐
  • Figure out a connection to Dawn Tower ☐ (Zhivka? Spinning Glimmers?)
  • Figure out a way to earn WS XP and plot it out at least ☐
  • New people to thread with: Mads ☐, Allister ☐, Dev'Ania ☐
  • Promised threads: Han ☐, Savis ☐, Zach ☐(?)

Winter 518 AV Goals
  • Do job threads ☐☐
  • Gain XP in Lute - get to Expert ☐
  • Gain XP in Singing - get to Competent ☐
  • Promised threads: Savis ☑☑☐, Han ☐☐, Itt ☐

Fall 518 AV :
Fall 518 AV Goals
  • Enroll at Alluvion Academy for Anthropology - failed
  • Do class threads - failed
  • Do job threads ☐☐
  • See if you can get Rae and Zach to teach her some basic Wilderness Survival
  • Learn at least one cooking recipe local to Lhavit - failed
  • Do seasonal challenges if you don't get them for Summer
  • Gain XP in Music Composition and Singing ☑
  • New people to thread with: Loken ?, Elurethea ☑, Rae, Eyes&Kiris Var, Allister, Savis☑
  • Old people to thread with: Zeva, Haneht, Zach ☑

Summer 518 AV :
Summer 518 AV Goals
  • Register at Lhavit☑
  • Start the fall thread☑
  • Write her arriving to Lhavit, possibly within the fall thread
  • Register for a job☑
  • Do two job threads
  • Do a library thread where she learns about history of Lhavit and writes her song
  • Do the following for the seasonal challenge (800w each, 1k if single)
    • Earn 2 XP in a skill starting with the letter 'A'
    • Pray to either Syna or Leth
    • Get lost in the fog (With another PC)
    • Gain XP in any new combat or weapon skill
    • Have your PC experience one of their greatest fears
    • Use your highest level skill (can exclude Observation & Socialization)
Last edited by Mauriel on February 9th, 2019, 10:36 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mauriel Plotnotes

Postby Mauriel on August 25th, 2018, 1:09 am

Long-Term Goals

• Get following languages to fluent: Vani, Arumenic
  • Collect and document folk stories, songs, etc. from all over Mizahar and publish them occasionally when there's enough for a publication (all of these must be collected IC)
  • Skills:
    • Anthropology
    • Performance-art skills: Acting, Dance, Impersonation, Musical Instrument: Lute, Rhetoric, Signing, Storytelling
    • Skills complementary to performance-art: Calligraphy, Camouflage, Copying, Disguise, Music Composition, Poetry, Writing
    • Social skills: Flirting, Leadership, Negotiation, Persuasion, Seduction, Socialization
    • Other, goal-related: Astronomy, Cooking, Observation, Teaching
    • Survival skills: Endurance, Food Preservation, Hunting, Land Navigation, Riding, Running, Sailing
    • Magic: Auristics, Hypnotism, Projection, Reimancy (focus: fire for firedancing), Shielding
    • Other, complementary skills: Mathematics, Meditation, Philosophy
  • Gnosis
    • Leth - through story
    • DATS I might be interested in (copied here for quicker reference)
      • Illusionism | Ionu | Acting, Disguise
      • Azenth | Ivak | Psychology, Reimancy (Fire)
      • Raindancing | Makutsi | Dance, Storytelling
      • Graphomancy (in development) | Qalaya | Anthropology, Archaeology, Writing, Glyphing
      • Audius | Rhaus | Poetry, Play Musical Instrument, Singing, Composition
      • Inavalti | Syna | Aurisitics, Astrology, Astronomy
  • Travel
  • Struggle with being idle and getting tied to one place once she starts learning about it and meeting people
Last edited by Mauriel on February 4th, 2019, 12:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mauriel Plotnotes

Postby Mauriel on February 4th, 2019, 12:25 am

Character Development Questions

Disclaimer: If anybody is reading this, note that these are just some of the questions that I thought would be useful for Mauriel's develpment to answer, so mostly things that aren't already covered by her character history or I didn't think of yet. Additionally, these are just my opinions while trying to develop the character, these are prone to change as I roleplay, and any number of them may be outdated.

Aesthetic :
1. Describe yourself as you see yourself.
It's weird, ey, because I primarily see myself as a Lethaefal, but my Akvatari form and previous Akvatari life are really close to my heart as well, they partially represent the essence of my soul.
I am really grateful for the form Leth has granted me, not only is it a great privilege, seemingly opening many doors in my life, but it's also a part of the celestial beauty that I have lost. Seeing myself is really bittersweet, it makes me long for more, but also be grateful to tears that I get this glimpse that I do get. My features are so round, soft, and feminine, and while I am short for an Ethaefal, I still stand tall compared to a lot of the other races, making me feel a bit powerful, like I am their guide or teacher. I feel a bit immodest saying all this, but neither is this my accomplishment nor the measure of my worth, it actually feels like a challenge I have to aspire to.
When it comes to me as an Akvatari, I suppose the most prominent feature would be those big shiny wings! I really love them, both for sparing me effort for mobility on land, and their colorful beauty. Other than that, I suppose I'm pretty average, I have a pulp tail in various shades of gray, a decent body, and a bit of a spare face. My facial features are pretty sharp, and I'd say not in a very nice way. People might dispute this, and I like that they like me enough to do so, but although I'm sometimes insecure about it, it's not a be-all end-all for me, and ultimately I'm content with it. My tail is apparently rather unseemly to a lot of non-Akvatari who say it looks dirty! I find that funny, it's a perfectly normal tail, but I suppose it may look weird if you're used to monochrome ones, especially the darker ones.

3. What is your favorite body feature?
Ethaefal - I'd say definitely my horns! They're so ornate, shiny, and their changes with seasons keep them interesting, so it's hard to get bored of their beauty. I always look forward to seeing other colors again, while simultaneously being sad that the current one will be gone for a year.
Akvatari - Wings, obviously. Have you seen them?

4. How physically fit are you?
I'd say I'm pretty fit. I don't do too physically taxing of a job, and enjoy some inactive hobbies, but I try to fly around and mingle a lot, and I definitely have the stamina to play and sing for hours, so it's something. I hate moving on the ground, tho, my tail might be getting a bit out of shape. I should probably swim more.

5. How do you typically dress and what is your style?
I tried to pick up on Lhavitan fashion as best as I could. I have never been to Lhavit, most of my past lives were before it was even built, so it's interesting to try to fit into a new culture, it's a real melting pot! Besides, I think it's beneficial for my job to try and be at least somewhat fashionable. It'll take some settling in to earn enough money and get an eye for things here, but I'm sure I'll carve out a niche within the style when I get a bit comfortable with it.

Traits :
1. Do you have any physical weaknesses (disease, scars, and missing limbs?)
Fortunately, no.

2. Are you right handed or left handed?
I'm right handed.

3. What languages do you speak? What do you sound like? Do you have an accent?
I speak Common fluently, it's the language I remember best from my past lives and the one they use here. It has evolved a bit since, so I'm actively trying not to sound archaic sometimes.
I also speak Vani decently, with native accents, but many of the intricacies of the language escape me. I really like it and would like to re-learn what I have forgotten, it's such a music to the ears.
I tried to get a hang of Arumenic, but I was never good at it. Still remember a few common phrases and words, I could probably communicate with it with a lot of mimicry with a patient listener, but so far I have spared myself the embarrassment.

4. Do you have any odd mannerisms, annoying habits, or other defining characteristics?
I tend to get melancholic, and my face very visibly drops. I also like to fiddle things, no particular preference as to the items, I might touch my hair nervously if there's nothing else to touch.

5. Do you have (or want to get) any tattoos or piercing? Why do you have them (or will get them) ?
Oh! Never thought too much about it, I don't have one, but I think I'd like some. But it'd be so hard to decide, I possibly want a lot of them. But only on my Akvatari form!

Relationships :
1. Do you form close bonds with people? Why? Why not?
Not really. There's been to much pain in my life. I have my goal to worry about, and I have to travel for it a lot. I don't want to get settled in one place because of bonds, like I did previously, or get deeply hurt. Other people's mortality is very scary too. I can die too, but unless attacked, I'll outlive anyone I know and love. When I was a normal mortal, at least I knew we'd both die and while it was scary and sad, I didn't fear the gaping emptiness losing someone permanently while you continue to live on indefinitely. Well, there are situations when you lose a loved one prematurely, but... I suppose it's hard to express what I mean. Do you understand me?

2. Do you trust people easily? If not, why not?
I suppose I assume they don't have a motivation to lie for the most part. But if I notice something off it'll raise my suspicions, or if there's something serious at stake I'll be extra-skeptical.

3. Do you consider yourself straight, gay, bi, or something else?
I'm bi. First of all, those things seem to me to matter less nowadays. I don't plan having any children soon, so that's out of the equation, and I've seen sexuality from so many different angles in my past lives that I've learned to appreciate them all.

4. Have you ever been kissed? If so, describe the first time.5. Have you ever had sex? If so, describe the first time.
Not yet in this life, no. OOCI'll try and link it when she does!

Drugs and Alcohol :
1. Have you ever been drunk? If so, describe your first time.
Yes, I have. I don't remember the very first time, tho.

2. Do you like to drink on a regular basis?
Yes, very much so!

3. What sort of alcohol do you prefer?
Time's End and Ice Storm from The Scholar's Demise have really grown on me!

4. Have you ever tried drugs (mood altering substances)? If so, which kinds and what did you think of them?
Probably. Not in this life, tho.

5. What do you think of drugs and alcohol? Be specific.
They're interesting in general. Mind-altering substances let you explore new perspectives and learn about yourself. OOCI don't even drink irl, so this will be fun to rp :"D If anyone has any tips, they're more than welcome

Likes and dislikes :
1. What are your hobbies?
Reading, lute, talking to people. I really like people telling me fun stories from their life.

2. Do you like to read?
Yes!

3. What annoys you more than anything else?

4. What do you find the most relaxing activity to do?
Playing the lute.

5. What kinds of things embarrass you? Why?
When I don't know something or fail at something. I feel so bad when I miss a note, speak Arumenian which I know poorly, or fail to notice someone's mood and act appropriately. I don't know, I just feel so incapable and it discourages me from trying harder. I mean, I grit my teeth and push through, I've learned my lesson on letting that get to you, but I start feeling bad about myself in general and have to deal with that.

Favorites :
1. What is your favorite color or colors?
I like dark blue and white, colors of the night sky. But I also like autumn colors, because they remind me of festivities and Syna.

2. What is your favorite time of day?
Dusk.

3. What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
In this life, the city of Lhavit in general definitely. It's really the crowning gem of Mizahar cities, and everything in it reflects that glory. Its beautiful craftsmanship out of gorgeous shiny skyglass, the glowing flora and fauna, the beautiful people, the celestial Ethaefal, towering buildings with a rich history, the sacrifices that went into building it, it's a city with an endless depth of learning and inspiration.

4. What do you like to eat? What do you hate to eat?
I like carefully spiced foods with a strong umami. Lhavit is full of really spicy food, but it seems to often overwhelm other tastes. I suppose that's one thing that I don't like here. I wouldn't say I hate it in and of itself, but it being so common does grind my gears.

5. What is your favorite type of weather? Does any kind scare you?
I love storms. There's something powerful about them, they seem so determined and strong. I feel as though I'm speaking to the Gods when I watch one, and as if they were both threatening by their power, but also leading by example.

Outlook :
1. Are you optimistic or pessimistic?
I'd say optimistic... Things do get me down, but I don't think I am really myself when I'm like that.

2. What are your religious views?
I am a devout follower of Leth, but Syna and Tanora are also close to my heart. I see Zintila worshiped around here a lot, and I'd like to learn more about her.

3. Would you be able to kill?
Yes. Well, I probably wouldn't be strong enough to overpower somebody, but if I were I'd kill to protect myself or anyone I come to love.

4. What are your views on sex?
I'm pretty torn about it. It's rather intimate for me, and I'm afraid of that, but at the same time I don't see anything wrong with practicing it liberally, as long as you're responsible about it. I don't want it in Akvatari form, I don't want children.

5. What, in your opinion, makes a successful life?
That's such a hard question. It's very general and you have to abstract away a lot of things to answer it. I don't think I have an answer to that. I know what it'd be for me, I think, but universally, I have no idea.

Emotions :
1. How honest are you about your thoughts and feelings with others?
Not very. I am afraid of opening up and bonding to people.

2. Do you have any biases or prejudices?
Sure. I can't be bothered to go through them, but pretty classic ones. I'm willing to be proven wrong, tho, and try to be open-minded, but I can't help prejudging often.

Relationships :
1. In general, how do you treat others?
Primarily, I'm either trying to get them to talk or I'm trying to entertain them. Either way, I'd say I'm patient and observant.

Group Situations :
1. Do you tend to argue with people, or avoid conflict?
Oh, avoid conflict! Mostly. Sometimes I'll get heated around topics I'm passionate about, when my guard is down, especially as an Akvatari. But my goal with people is to make things about them, not about me and my beliefs. So I tend to try to smooth things out. I think that makes me a bit less charismatic, tho... Maybe I should work on that.

2. Do you tend to take on leadership roles in social situations?
No. I like to stay close to the leader's ear if they'll have me, but avoid any responsibilities that would tie me to a place or a group and produce a sense of duty that may be in conflict with my plans to travel as a bard.

3. Do you like interacting with large groups of people? Why or why not?
Yes! I love audiences, and I love their attentive eyes. They're a harsh judge, but make what I do so fulfilling and meaningful.

4. Do you care what others think of you?
Yes.

5. What do you think of others, in general?
I don't think of others in general.

Self Image :
1. What is your greatest strength as a person?
Perhaps perseverance. I doubt myself a lot, but I have decided to actively try to quit being angry at myself and be useful instead. It's a struggle, but I'm not giving up again.

2. What is your greatest weakness?
You can extrapolate from the previous question, I suppose...

3. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Erm... you can extrapolate from the question before the last.

4. Are you generally introverted or extroverted?
Extroverted.

5. Are you generally organized or messy?
Some things I'm meticulous about organizing, some I prefer a bit of creative chaos about, if I can afford it.

Beliefs :
1. What God or Goddess do you find most appealing, if any?
Leth.

2. Which God or Goddess do you fear, if any?
Cheva for sure! She gets me good every damn time!

3. Do you have any Gnosis Marks? If so, how did you receive them?
No, none.

4. What lengths would you go to to please your deity?
Uh. I don't know. I don't think Leth would ask anything unreasonable of me. Perhaps as a test, tho. I suppose I'd do things in line with my values, including making sacrifices. I would never sacrifice my dream of spreading cultures amongst each other through song and story, and I'd never sacrifice anything that isn't mine. Other than that, I'm not really sure.

Life & Death :
4. If you could choose, how would you want to die?
I want to be taken back into the Ukalas.
Last edited by Mauriel on February 4th, 2019, 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mauriel Plotnotes

Postby Mauriel on February 4th, 2019, 12:34 am

Thread Ideas

Type Possible Partners Description
Social / Overarching Savis? / Looking Being hired/persuaded by another PC to spread rumors about them or make up stories/songs about them, preferably for political reasons. She's technically supposed to be doing this for Savis (I'll try and incorporate it in job threads, sowwy ;-;), so maybe taking that plotline further, though she can always do it for multiple people.
Exploration Looking Explore the Quartz Cave.
Animation Savis (&Han?) Animate Mauri's dress to dance to her tunes.
Social Han? / Looking / Solo Meeting people from The Spinning Glimmers.
Social Looking / Solo Establishing a connection to Dawn Tower.
Social Haneht Going to The Swing and retaining something artistic/poem/melody from her experience there, but forgetting the context to it.
Job Solo Gossip about this.
Class Looking / Solo I'm interested in enrolling Mauri at Alluvion Academy, especially for Anthropology, but if I found a thread partner I'd be willing to rp classes in Astronomy/Mathematics/Composition with them. Teaching each other about our own races as a part of other threads is also cool.
Training Alli? / Looking Anybody who wants to train any sort of fighting or to figure out a way to build up Wilderness Survival together should hit me up. Mauri's skills at all of the listed are non-existent, so if you're a noob and we can train together that'd be cool, and if you're not a noob and are willing to train her that'd be great too.
Cooking Looking I want Mauri to learn local recipes, so either a thread about cooking or incorporating cooking into our threads in some way would be sweet.
Chess Savis CHESS
Last edited by Mauriel on February 12th, 2019, 9:46 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mauriel Plotnotes

Postby Mauriel on February 9th, 2019, 5:31 pm

Notes on Mauri's past lives

The purpose of this post is just flashing things out a bit and keeping them consistent across my threads when she does happen to recall something. Bear in mind that Mauriel hardly remembers any of this herself, and it's mostly for OOC purposes. However, you can read it to get a bit of insight into who she is, or perhaps if you're ever interested in a past life thread or connection we could plan around this.

Sorrel Snowsong :
Sorrel Snowsong
356AV - 432AV

Race: Vantha
Timeline:
    356AV (Avanthal) - born
    379AV - got married to Ethelen
    380AV - first daughter, Clarissa born
    384AV - twin daughters, Adeline & Josephine born
    391AV - daughter Theodora born
    394AV - daughter Vivian born
    397AV - Ethelen dies
    410AV - sets off travelling
    432AV (Zeltiva) - died
Gnosis: Ice Reaving Mark 1
Wife: Ethelen Snowsong, maiden Frostfawn
Daughters: Clarissa, Adeline & Josephine, Theodora, Vivian

Sorrel was of a Snowsong family, and was a hunter by day, and an entertainer in the evening. He had Morwen's Gnosis like all Vantha, and he played the lute, like Mauriel. He lived quite a peaceful happy life in Avanthal initially. He married a Frostfawn woman and they loved each other dearly, and had many daughters, but never sons. All of their daughters married away, and his wife died of an unexpected illness (perhaps something animal-related, because she was a Frostfawn?). While he had his daughters and grandchildren to visit, and his other relatives to spend time with in his Hold, his life grew empty and it pained him to come back to an empty house each evening. He decided to pay some foreigners to accompany him on a travel, finally embracing the traveling minstrel destiny.

He traveled through several cities, and eventually when he was in Zeltiva got too old and and weak to travel further. He started regretting a lot that he left his family permanently like that, and wished he could see them one more time. He always believed that he would come back, but he got carried away, went too far, and got too frail. Because he was a very skilled lutist and singer, it wasn't too hard to find employment despite his old age, and he continued performing to his last day.

Amongst other things, he was hired for a while by the family of Savis Maren to keep her company as her illness started taking away her eyesight, and was there with her daily until she was given to the Nuit, playing Music for her and telling her stories. In their minds, they were kind of waiting for death together.

He died alone shortly after, with nobody to pay him respects or mark his grave. He was buried by locals in an unmarked grave, and somebody was able to point Savis to the vague location when she one day sought it out.

Digna :
Digna
215AV - 309AV

Race: Akvatari
Timeline:
    2150AV (Abura) - born
    309AV (Abura) - died
Gnosis: N/A

Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes