Solo Wishing star

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Wishing star

Postby Jomi on October 22nd, 2018, 10:51 pm

"Out! Get out! Help, someone please! call for a Sprirtist!"

A plump, middling age woman with chestnut locks and reddened eyes sticky with the salty residue of tears took another swing at the ghost with a straw broom as she chased Jomi out of her crumbling house. The fact that the fraying bristles did nothing but stir up his already agitated shroud didn't seem to deter the spiteful woman.

A crowd had aleady formed on the cobble streets, summoned by the noise and commotion they started lining the streets with morbid curiosity and mouths agape as they took in the destruction. A full corner of the simple two story structure had collapsed, crumpling mortar and splintered wood could be glimpsed through the cloud of stone dust.

"Back off you old bat, I didn't do anything!" Jomi roared back, his own voice breaking in fear. There would be Hai to pay if Madeira were to be informed of these accusations. The woman had been keeping her servants on a tighter leash since being formally employed by the dusk tower. Causing a commotion was a mortal sin in the aspiring politicians household. Wether or not he was guilty was irrelevant, but proving his innocence might convince his Mistress to go easy on him. With a plan formed and a new course of action giving the ghost some measure of hope, Jomi took a tick to gather himself. The ghost concentrated on the veritable storm cloud his soulmist had become. He pushed out his consciousness to find the edges of his mists and folded them inward, packing them down to give a semblance of solidity.

"Here look, I can prove it!"

Jomi blinked back to the house leaving the woman screaming and branishing her broom threatingly at empty air.

The ghost navigated the ruins with ease, stepping through the collapsed wall and broken tiles with ease as the gathered crowed rushed in to hold back the hysterical woman from charging in after him. With tenitive mist and hardedned brows the ghost floated down to the crater at the center of the distruction. A large silver, perfectly round stone shone within the ruined floor, relecting the light of Leth in its brilliance. As the spirit moved closer he pulled energy up from his core, infusing the soulmist in his hands with kenetic energy as he wrapped them around the stone preparing to heave it up and carry it over the lip of the crater. His soulmist moved erratically as it pushed against the pull of gravity, Jomi screwed his eyes shut and prepared himself against the inevitable strain on his soul.

The silver stone detached from its nest of stone and soil easily, startling the ghost. Jomi pulled the stone close to hover near his face, testing it's weight and examining it closer. The texture was more porous than the ghost had first thought, with a light radiating out from its core. And although the coolness of the stone was lost on the bodiless spirit he noted that there was no steam lifting off the rock or any scorch marks to be seen. Curious, since Jomi had witnessed the stone fall from the sky in a ball of fire not two chimes ago.
Jomi
One more day would have been nice

Words: 234471
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2017, 7:55 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Wishing star

Postby Jomi on October 22nd, 2018, 11:51 pm

Jomi cradled the impossible rock in his chest as he picked his way back through the wreckage to the waiting mob. He dropped his chin to his chest and ran the events over in his head, muttering to himself as his Kelvic brain struggled to translate his memories into words.

It wasn't until he stepped onto the street that he realized how deathly quiet it was. Jomi was so wrapped up in himself that he didn't even notice when the droning buzz of the gossiping spectators or the wailing of the distraught woman faded away into pregnant silence. The ghosts mists stilled and a pit carved was carved into his soul, anxious eyes lifted as he tilted his head up slowly. A gladius, sharpened to a surgical point and gleaming with a coat of soulmist was levelled mer inches from his face.

"Hello, Rothsam."

A deep grumble rose from the Myrians chest in leu of a proper greeting.

"That's it! This is the ghost who destroyed my house!"

The brown haired woman twisted away from the restraining hands of the spectators, marching up to stand beside the Spiritist. Her voice was horse from crying, it washed over the pair like crushed gravel as she wailed.

"Take a deep breath miss, lets all take a step back." Rothsam spoke in the calm even tones of someone who was used to taking control. He kept his eyes and weapon pointed at Jomi as he addressed the woman. "Why don't you start at the beginning."

"I've lost everything, my house is destroyed, I barley escaped with my life!" Her voice broke as she clutched the front of her nightgown in distress. "I was lying in bed when I heard this horrible noise. My house shook so hard that I was thrown to the floor."

Throwing up an accusatory finger, the woman pointed at Jomi with eyes burning with the wrath of gods.

"Thats when I saw it, I saw this ghost. This thing! Trespassing on my property, admiring its handiwork!"

"Is that true, spirit?"

Rotham edged the point of his blade closer, a burning sting radiated outward in the ghosts shroud as it grazed his cheek.

"No, it was this!"

Pulling out the stone from his chest the ghost wove the soulmist in his hands tighter. Pulling more energy up from his core he pushed away from the ground in order to hoist the stone up for everyone to see. Murmurs erupted anew as the watchers craned their necks to get a better look at the glowing orb. A flush of determination raced through the ghost, prompting him to pull at his straying soulmist. Pulling his shroud towards his core the ghost took on a new vibrancy as his colours solidified and the lines of his body gained definition.

If Rothsam was at all intrigued he made no show of it.

"And whats this?"

"A star."

"A star?"

"It fell out of the sky. It must have come loose, maybe Zilita can put it back."

One thick brow arched into the Myrians forehead turning the scars that crossed into his hairline white with the pressure.

"I was just taking a walk, minding my own business and I saw drop from the sky and fall onto that house." Jomi gestured to the wreckage. "I just wanted to see what it was. I swear I didn't do anything!"
Jomi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wishing star

Postby Jomi on October 22nd, 2018, 11:56 pm

A long pregnant pause griped the audience as the Myrian scrutinized the ghost. Even the brown haired woman stopped her sniffling as if their silence meant they could better hear his thoughts.

"...I believe you."

The ghost stood shellshocked as the Spiritist sheathed his weapons, he wasn't use to this treatment, being believed over the words of the living. Relief and confusion battled for control of the ghosts face as the Myrian gently guided the now enraged homeowner back to the crowd. Shouting out instruction for her on what to do next to be heard over the string of curses she screamed into his face.

The twisting mists in his hands worked around the orb, they crawling up the sides as he rolled it between them. Pulling forward the latent energy in his core the ghost activated the mists on the left, letting the soulmist take on the full weight of the stone. He was carful to always have the most concentration of soulmist gathered at the lowest point of the stone as he switched the energy to the right of the stone and letting the orb roll into his right hand.

"Ma'am a ghost cannot knock over a house any easier than you or I can. Have a friend take you to the Cosmos centre and they'll set you up with temporary housing and we can look at this situation with fresh eyes tomorrow."

Rothsam left the woman in the comforting arms of her neighbours before making his way back to the ghost. Lifting the stone out of the frozen ghosts hands and dropping it into his pack.

"I'd better keep your star, the Shinya will likely want to see it."

"A-are you going to contact Ms.Craven?" The ghost stammered, the weight of the situation finally settling over him like a wet lead blanket. If the Shinya were to come knocking on the Infinity manors door asking about a ghost... The thought sent chills down to his core.

Which is why the ghost was shocked out of his materialization when Rothsam responded to his hesitant query with a deep barking laughter.

"And why would I do that? I'm not going to nark on an ally. Tell you what, come to the shop after the rest period, I'll let you make it up to me."

A wave of relief and appreciation washed over the ghost as he reined in his mists once more. Building himself from the head down he carved out his preferred face from the gathered soulmist. The ghost twisted his shroud inward to bring his body greater colour and definition as the Spiritist adjusted his sheathes and threw his pack over his shoulder, making his was back towards his shop.

"Hey, Rothsam!"

The Myrian stoped, twisting his neck to regard the ghost over his pack.

"Thanks."

Lifting a flippant hand in acknowledgement, Rothsam turned back and continued his trek.
Jomi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wishing star

Postby Jomi on October 22nd, 2018, 11:57 pm

The Manor greeted the ghost joyously as he materialized into view in front of the chicken coop. The ghost searched for the edges of his mists and folded them inwards concentrating them as close to his core as the smoke like threads would allow. He took his sweet time as he sculpted his body, there was no-one to rush him out here or demand his time, just a chicken an endless blankets of purple and blue flowers sprouted in swirling patterns and shapes over the entire property.

"You into gardening now? It looks nice."

Although the house was unable to understand the words, it still radiated contentment as Jomi pushed his admiration to the houses consciousness. The ghost had the feeling the manor just liked being talked to.

Rosie scratched as the ground in the run outside her coop, unbothered by the ghosts presence or the chill that surrounded him. Jomi was jealous, truth be told. Animals were never bothered with the burdens or complications of life that humans were. As a former Kelvic, Jomi had a first hand experience of the oceans of difference between the two species. In his former life, whenever life got too stressful and the world didn't make sense, Jomi could escape with a single thought. The transition between forms was instant and painless. And then, as a badger, Jomi could escape into the wilderness for a while, recharge and come back when he was ready.

Rosie clucked softly and ruffled her feathers against the cold as the ghost floated into her run. Jomi activated the mists in his hands, and arms drawing on the latent energy generated from his core to wrap around the chicken and push up against the gentle pull of gravity. Hold her up in the crook of his arm the ghost sat in the centre of the run, smoothing down the hens feathers as his eyes glazed over. The stress and guilt of his life was eating away at him. Two years of searching for his bonded and nothing to show for it, his Mistress' fight to rise in their new cities ranks, and his backhanded attempt to derail that climb. The ghost needed an escape more than ever.
Jomi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wishing star

Postby Jomi on October 22nd, 2018, 11:57 pm

Jomi's mists pulsed as if being wracked by heaving sobs although no sound could be heard. Clutching his chicken tighter the ghost reached deep within his mind, to the core of his being where the transformation would start. That sacred part that once held the key he needed to become the animal he truly was.

It was a flash, just a fraction of a second where all that could be seen was a brilliant white light. Rosie and Jomi both squawked in fear as the arms supporting her disappeared, replaced by four small, black paws. The ghosts line of sight was now level with the hen, a square snout toped with a shiny black nose twitched experimentally as the ghost tried very, very hard to stay calm.

Am I dreaming?

The house murmured curiously through the psychic link, It was familiar with Kelvics and Kelvic transformations, but was intrigued by this new creature. Rosie had recovered with a huff and returned to her coop, seemingly done with the ghosts attention.

No, this is real

Turning his long neck the badger reached within himself and followed the trail of his soulmist, he reached out for its edges and folded them inward. Pulling them neatly back to his core he packed them down creating more dentition in his body allowing his to see the white stripes that ran the length of his back fur and flicked his short, transparent tail. He was still a ghost, and still dead, but for the first time since death he was also a badger.

No longer able to contain himself the ghost leapt up and danced on his back legs, chittering wildly as he ran circles in the garden. The ghost pulled up power from his core activating the mists in his paws and winding them together to create a makeshift barrier. Tiny black claws pressed into the ground, scraping away at the dirt as he dug as hard as he could into the soft loam. For the first time in years the ghost felt pure unadulterated joy, something he thought he'd lost forever.

The ghost badger came to an abrupt pause as a new thought took root. He'd never been able to communicate with humans as a badger, since he lacked the equipment to make human sounds. But he was a ghost badger now, and a ghost didn't need vocal cords to communicate, honestly he had never thought about how he was able to speak as nothing but a bodiless soul, he just willed the words into existence. So pulling on that same thought the ghost tested out his theory.

"Edith."

The badger let out a whoop of joy as his bondmates name formed in his mouth with ease.

"Edith! Look at me, I'm a Kelvic!" Jomi crowed at the empty night sky. He laughing with wild abandon and raced through the garden as a familiar soft light glimmered from behind the chicken coop. The stone, the one Rothsam had taken, rested against the pale wood.
Jomi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wishing star

Postby Jomi on October 23rd, 2018, 12:02 am

Jomi's, still in his badger form, crept along the floor of the Den of the Lost. Bells had past but the ghost couldn't bring himself to leave his newly discovered form. Instead he'd resigned himself to peer at the underside of the tables as he searched for Rothsam.

Nothing had changed since he had been there last, every available surface was covered in tools, carcasses and other strange objects. It truly was a macabre jungle, night and day from Madeira's working space back at the manor.

"What are you?"

The ghost hissed threateningly and snapped his body around in a classic surprised badger fashion as Rothsam materialized above him. For such a large man, the Myrian was deceptively stealthy. Appearing behind the badger as he'd been distracted by the mans strange collection.

Rothsam crouched down in front of the ghost and sat back on his heels, regarding him with puzzled eyes. As a rule, animals don't come back as ghosts, since they lack the determination to hang on to a life after death. Reaching out, the dark skinned man offered a palm of soulmist in one hand, while the other kept a tight grip on the hilt that protruded from his boot.

"I'm not going to hurt you, I just want to get a closer look." The Myrian purred in that tone used exclusively when talking to animals and babies. His mouth drawn down to a frown and his eyes crushed under his brows. "You shouldn't exist."

"Rude."

Rothsam's nimble transition from crouch to battle stance was something to behold. In one fluid movement the man was on his feet, knees bent at a 45 degree angle and dagger in held out in his forward hand and teeth barred.

"Calm your tits, Roth. Haven't you ever seen a Kelvic before?"

With a flash of light the badger was gone, replaced with the same dark haired ghost he had seen mer bells before, wearing his favourite shyke eating grin.

"I never thought you'd be so jumpy, Myrian."

"How did you do that." It was less of a question, more of a demand that issued from the dark mans mouth. "Ghost don't keep their Kelvic forms."

"This ghost does." Jomi matched the Myrians tone. Still high off the joy and emboldened by the rediscovery of his badger shape gave him the courage he needed. "I'm sure I've mentioned it before. I've known for a while I wasn't ordinary."

The ghost lied smoothly, it would serve him well to have the spiritist believe he'd allied himself with a unconventional ghost.
Jomi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wishing star

Postby Jomi on October 23rd, 2018, 1:12 am

Rothsam rubbed at his temples so hard the flesh turned white under the pressure.

"Alright, lets move on then. I'll deal with this shyke later." The Myrian grumbled mightily as he pulled a stool out from under one of the long tables that held his wares. "I recon I'm owed something for sparing your neck today."

Now it was Jomi's turn to grumble, he ran his hands aggressively over his face as if the motion would wipe off the sickly feeling of guilt that clung to his soulmist. It was getting easier, betraying his mistress, and that bothered him. However, the resurgence of his Kelvic abilities reinvigorated the ghost, staving off the worst of the guilt. He wanted to find Edith, he wanted to show her that he was still a Kelvic, that they could go back to the way things were before. Or at least in his fantasy they could.

"What did you want to know?"

"We'll start with magic, what disciplines does she know besides spiritism and hypnotism."

Jomi laced his fingers around the back of his head and screwed his eyes shut. He never understood why mages insisted on using such complicated words for their disciplines.

"Arch-tek-sticks" The ghost rolled the words around experimentally on his tongue, it never felt quite right when he said it. "It gives inanimate objects souls or some such."

Rothsam's ears perked up as his brows pulled down once again in bewilderment. A long uncomfortable silence stretched between them.

"Animation you mean?"

"No definitely not that, this magic gives objects the ability to think for themselves."

"How did she learn this discipline?"

Jomi shrugged hard, throwing his arms up in exasperation as he scanned the room for something to help him explain that bullshyke.

"There was a book, and a birdhouse, but it was alive. Kinda. We found it on the ship we came here on." Jomi skipped over the obelisk and the other treasures they had pulled from the sea. He didn't want Rothsam poking around their home and stumbling on his gem laying hen. "Madeira touched it and got really sick. Like, drop dead right there sick. But she didn't."

Jomi waved his hands around, as if speaking the thoughts he couldn't articulate with his hands. Rothsam seethed from his chair as he urged the ghost to continue his explanation with nothing but his eyes and the holes they burned through the ghosts shroud.

"According to the book, the birdhouse was a 'seed' of another sentient object. It initiated her so now she has a living house and she can speak to it. Well almost, Its still a baby."

Jomi couldn't quite decipher the expression on the spiritist's face, which was stuck somewhere between frustration and disbelief. After a few long ticks, Rothsam rose slowly to his feet, and made his way to the back of his shop, prompting the ghost to follow.
Jomi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wishing star

Postby Jomi on October 30th, 2018, 9:19 pm

The Myrian picked his way easily around the cluttered space, his steps we're sure and steady as he walked around the screen separating the shop from the spiritists living space. Rothsam's home was just as much as a jungle as his shop. A messy, unkept bed was pushed up against the far wall, with books, tools, and a rather unnecessary amount of weapons pilled up in the space between.

"I'm guessing you'll want to learn more flux then, spirit." Rothsam flashed a crooked grin at the ghost that followed silently at his heels. "I'm surprised you came back. I seem to remember you fleeing like a little bitch with that first taste."

Jomi raised his hackles and hissed at the humiliation, he remembered the pain of the last time he tried flux, he'd never forget the pain of having his entire being ripped apart.

"I didn't flee, savage. I just disappeared."

Unable to resist the call of his animal half the ghost was bathed in a bright flash of light that lite up the room as he transitioned back to his badger body. Black fur covered his body once more and the badgers signature long white stripes stretched over the flat of his back.

"That's still petching weird." The Myrian grumbled under his breath as he made his way to the giant, overstuffed leather bag that was nailed to the wall opposite of the bad.

Taking the cue the ghost gathered himself and jumped into the Myrian. Their souls collided before the spiritist made space for the invading ghost, allowing Jomi to take over. The ghost wound his soulmist into Rothsam's bones, taking his time to cover the entirety of his body and learn of its more delicate peices. The tendons in the spiritist feet and hands jumped and stretched as the ghost flexed the muscles in both, taping into and focusing on the dijed that carved paths between the individual cells.

"That's good, spirit." Rothsam brushed the ghost aside to reinsert himself as the dominant presence in the body. "You'll be at a disadvantage since each body will be new to you. Learning how your host moves and how there body works will be the difference between success and failure. Now draw on my dejid and strike the bag."

Rothsam and Jomi melded their souls together into a graceful possession allowing their movements to become fluid and unhindered. Jomi stilled his mind and focused, much in the same way he'd activate his mist in order to interact with physical objects. He reached into his core in order to draw on the Myrians dijed, directing it outward and letting it pool in his arm. The tension and stored energy within the muscle fibres peaked, releasing with punishing force as the fist hurled towards the bag.
Jomi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wishing star

Postby Jomi on October 30th, 2018, 9:22 pm

The pain was expected this time. The tearing of his soulmist sent shockwaves of pain that radiated out from his core in trembling waves, disrupting the graceful possession. Rothsam took over as the ghost recovered, he shook out the spasms in his arm and stretched out his fingers experimentally as he spoke telepathically to the soul lying dormant in his body.

That was admirable, for a novice.

Jomi's soul stirred within the Myrians astral body, his soulmist pulsed as he gathered the significantly weaker shroud together and pushed it towards the Myrians left leg. Rothsam brows arched as he tracked the ghosts movements, trying to puzzle out what he was up to.

The ghost wound himself into the bones and muscle tissues of the dark skinned man, taking hold of the astral body that encased the limb. Once Jomi gained control of the single limb he set to work following the flow of dijed that naturally wound its way through the cells and atom that made the body. Pulling on that power the ghost drew up his own soul core to activate the living dijed, flooding the muscles with power as he wound the leg back and made to kick the hanging bag.

The force of the kick lifted the Myrian off his anchoring foot, driving him towards the bag and making the walls vibrate dangerously before the pair fell back first to the floor in a ball of pain and misfiring nerve endings.

Rothsam kicked the ghost from his body as he moved to lift his body to a crouch, his eyes met with the ghosts partially materialized form filled with a dangerous fire.

"Aye, the petch was that then!"

Jomi was wracked with pain as he attempted to pull himself together into his human shape on the shop floor. His shroud flickered and shifted as he struggled to materialize. But before he could open his mouth to defend himself a glimmer caught the corner of his eye as the star rolled out from under the Spiritist bed. The star came to a rest beside the ghosts elbow before it began to disintegrate, large flakes peeled off and crumbled to dust in front of the horrified Kelvics eyes as a voice, deeper than the oceans, filled his mind.

“As the rays of my beloved Syna reach across the horizon, I wish to give you this bit of insight. The changes you’ve experienced were not without a purpose. They were meant to serve as a source of reflection. Change is an important force that drives all life. How you dealt with the changes you were faced with; changes in body, mind and even in the minds of others, speaks greatly to who you are as a person. As you continue to live your life, take time to reflect on what you experienced and ponder your reactions to the change. Did you hide them or hide from them? Did you embrace them? Did you exploit them or use them for the betterment of others? As you search for the deeper meaning of change and how you deal with it, know that I, Leth, God of Thought and Change have gifted you that opportunity. Also, as a gift and a reminder, I offer a piece of my light. The stone you discovered contains a piece of starfire. In your hands, it will undergo its own change. Take it with my blessing.”

The ghost kneeled transfixed, his pain forgotten as he watched his wish granting star disintegrate in his hands leaving a small rock that burned with a silver flame. As a trail of soulmist brushed experimentally against the fire the rock bent itself like liquid, moving and reshaping before settling on the shape of a long silver dagger.

The Myrian, now fully done with this shit, grunted his way back on his feet.

"Lessons over. Get out."
Jomi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Wishing star

Postby Madeira Dusk on October 30th, 2018, 11:59 pm

Grades Awarded!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request!

Jomi

Skills
  • Soulmist Projection: 5xp
  • Materialization: 5xp
  • Possession: 2xp
  • Meditation: 1xp
  • Observation: 1xp
  • Unarmed Combat: 2xp
  • Flux: 2xp

Lores
  • Lore of Leths fallen star
  • Investigation: finding evidence
  • Rothsam: saved Jomi's skin
  • Rothsam: treats Jomi with respect
  • Rothsam: is owed a favour
  • Architectrix: an infected building can have hobbies
  • Fallen Star: can turn a ghost into an animal
  • Rothsam: believes Jomi kept his animal form
  • Subterfuge: lying through ones teeth
  • Possession: possessing one limb at a time

Awards & Retribution
+Starfire Dagger

Notes
Notes here.
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)