Mauriel's Code Requests

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Here's the place to find information on 'How do I do that?' when it comes to creating avatars, signatures, calculating travel time or big purchases, or even working with the bbc code. There are help files for codework for both the main board forums and the lore sections. There are threads advertising players that are willing to create signatures for other players. Please feel free to discuss technical issues, photo cropping, suggest new bbc code, or get help from players and admins on things you want to do. This forum includes posts, wiki technical aid, avatar art, character sheet art, signature work, and all things visual when it comes to Mizahar.

Mauriel's Code Requests

Postby Mauriel on January 20th, 2019, 6:54 pm

With love for Sav <3

Autumn :
Title
Date of Season 51X AV

Words! Mere words! How terrible they were! How clear, and vivid, and cruel! One could not escape from them. And yet what a subtle magic there was in them! They seemed to be able to give a plastic form to formless things, and to have a music of their own as sweet as that of viol or of lute. Mere words! Was there anything so real as words?

Code: Select all
[style=width:600px; padding:8px; padding-bottom: 250px; padding-top: 300px; border: none; border-radius: 25px; margin:auto; font-family:Oxygen; font-variant:none; box-sizing: border-box; background-color: #0a0604; background-image:url(http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=61501), url(http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=61500); background-position: top, bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat, no-repeat; color: #baac83][indent][justify][googlefont=Raleway][center][size=200]Title[/size]
[size=85]Date of Season 51X AV[/size][/center]

[size=150][shadow=black]Text[/shadow][/size][/googlefont][/justify][/indent][/style]

Raven :
XXth of Season 51X AV

Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.

[center][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=61495[/img][/center][style=max-width:600px; margin: 0 auto; margin-top:-150px; background: #efefef; border:0px solid black; box-sizing: border-box; border:0px solid black; box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px; border-radius: 30px; color: #fdfdfd; padding-top:150px; padding-bottom: 50px; border-radius: 30px; color: black][center][size=150][googlefont=Merriweather][b]XXth of Season 51X AV[/b][/googlefont][/size][/center]
[googlefont=Merriweather][size=110][indent]Text[/indent][/size][/googlefont][/style]
Mauriel
Shining On

Words: 167162
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2014, 12:45 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)

Mauriel's Code Requests

Postby Lani Stranger on January 29th, 2019, 3:13 pm

Type of Request: Posting Style
Description: Doors, books, and the moon tend to be her theme so far, but follow your heart. She also has a crow pet if you feel inclined to include him. :p
Any text you want included: Lani, Lani Stranger, Stranger, Vino Aquiras, or none at all, whatever fits.
Pictures: Imgur album of what I've collected of her here. Only, she does have the pure black Chaktawe eyes that aren't edited into these photos yet.
Fonts: Some of my mains are Philosopher, Macondo, and Galdeano, but I'm not too picky so long as it's legible.
Color scheme: Darker cooler colors are great, but really whatever you see fit. No white background please, though.
Size: 700 max width
Mood: Um, Lani is intense, brazen, slippery, Jack-of-all trades type who always feels a little out of place.

Thanks Mauriel!
Lani Stranger
Wanderer

Words: 697231
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 11:48 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Mauriel's Code Requests

Postby Mauriel on January 29th, 2019, 9:38 pm

Thanks for the request, Lani. TIL how to make eyes black. :D Planned to make more, but I'm beat rn. Here are more eye edits I did if you need images for anything else. I figured the feathers might be a bit risque, so I included a version without. I might do another one for you because I really like the images I edited, but it will be a while, so have this in the meantime <3

EDIT: Feather did NOT turn out like in the preview :'D Trying to fix rn fixed

I came to see myself one day and it was like looking into a mirror. I came to see that at any given moment, I am both equally ready to stay and to leave. It’s like I always have my luggage with me and I can unpack or repack on short notice. I guess that’s something you can call a traveler’s heart. You are ready to stay with every atom in your body; but you are also ready to leave that way. You’re not afraid of forever but you’re also not afraid of nothing at all.

[center][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=61607[/img][/center]
[style=width:650px; padding:8px; padding-bottom: 50px; padding-top: 450px; border: 3px solid #f6d5b6; border-radius: 25px; margin:auto; margin-top:-540px; font-family:Oxygen; font-variant:none; box-sizing: border-box; background-color: #c3af99; background-image:url(http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=61605); background-position: top; background-repeat: no-repeat; color: #f6d5b6][indent][justify][googlefont=Philosopher][size=150][shadow2=#35210f,0,2,3]Text here[/shadow2][/size][/googlefont][/justify][/indent][/style]

V2 :
I came to see myself one day and it was like looking into a mirror. I came to see that at any given moment, I am both equally ready to stay and to leave. It’s like I always have my luggage with me and I can unpack or repack on short notice. I guess that’s something you can call a traveler’s heart. You are ready to stay with every atom in your body; but you are also ready to leave that way. You’re not afraid of forever but you’re also not afraid of nothing at all.

[style=width:650px; padding:8px; padding-bottom: 50px; padding-top: 450px; border: 3px solid #f6d5b6; border-radius: 25px; margin:auto; font-family:Oxygen; font-variant:none; box-sizing: border-box; background-color: #c3af99; background-image:url(http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=61605); background-position: top; background-repeat: no-repeat; color: #f6d5b6][indent][justify][googlefont=Philosopher][size=150][shadow2=#35210f,0,2,3]Text[/shadow2][/size][/googlefont][/justify][/indent][/style]
Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mauriel's Code Requests

Postby Lani Stranger on January 29th, 2019, 10:09 pm

Oh that's awesome! And very quick, thank you! Don't work too hard <3

Also are these your prose pieces that youre using as placeholders? Because they are awesome and strangely on point for each character.
Lani Stranger
Wanderer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Mauriel's Code Requests

Postby Mauriel on January 29th, 2019, 11:41 pm

Lani Stranger wrote:Also are these your prose pieces that youre using as placeholders? Because they are awesome and strangely on point for each character.

Not mine.

"Words are pale shadows of forgotten names..." - The Name of The Wind

"Words! Mere words! How terrible they were! ..." - Picture of Dorian Gray

And yours I found by googling "traveler's heart." Just thought of the phrase randomly because it sounds like Lani and I thought something good must come up. It's by C. JoyBell C. apparently.

I like using something in English because I sometimes can't really get a feel for the readability of the font otherwise.
Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mauriel's Code Requests

Postby Lani Stranger on January 30th, 2019, 12:06 am

That's awesome, also excellent quotes.
Lani Stranger
Wanderer

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Mauriel's Code Requests

Postby Itt on February 11th, 2019, 12:50 am

Type of Request: Posting Template would be wonderful if you had the time!

Description: I am giving you full freedom here to do whatever inspires you. If you're stuck and can't think of something then trees and sloths and anything to do with birds or the story of Icarus would all be great ideas. But again, you have control of the steering wheel here so you do whatever you want!

Any text you want included: I don't mind quotes and his name if you felt it would add to the images, though you don't have to include them if you don't like it. Here are some quotes you could potentially use or use to inspire you.

Quotes :
"Be as strong as the seas are stormy
And proud as an eagle's scream" Touch the Sky
Song by Julie Fowlis

"Never regret thy fall, O Icarus of the fearless flight For the greatest tragedy of them all Is never to feel the burning light."- Oscar Wilde

"Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew."- Jeremy Robert Johnson

"Let us see how high we can fly before the sun melts the wax in our wings."- E. O. Wilson

"It was sad and fierce all at once, alive with a lonely purity."- Karen Russell

"When your art fails, make better art."- Seth Godin

"Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."- Omar Khayyam

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."- Leonardo da Vinci

"The human bird shall take his first flight, filling the world with amazement, all writings with his fame, and bringing eternal glory to the nest whence he sprang."- Leonardo da Vinci

"Be like the bird who, pausing in her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing she hath wings. "- Victor Hugo

Pictures: This is Itt's pintrest board that has some images you could use. His face claim is a guy named Robert Rae. I can provide you pictures of him if you want.

Fonts: I don't particularly care as long as the font is somewhat legible and it matches the tone of the piece (no cursive for sad, etc). I would also like non-cursive fonts for the actual post part. The images can have whatever you want though.

Color scheme: This is another area where you have full creative freedom. Do what inspires you and makes you have fun. if you're seriously stuck then a light colour scheme always works with it, but do what will make you happy.

Size: I like narrower templates. The text portion of where I am writing the post shouldn't be any wider than 600, but you can do with you want with the images. I like both big and small banners so whatever you feel fits better. You can also experiment with the layout scheme if you're feeling it, I like side banners and bottom banners and all sorts of things, I'm not picky.

Mood: Again, creative freedom. I wouldn't mind a happy, sad, curious, scary, or neutral mood. Whatever allows you to enjoy what you're making. If you're stuck, happy/curious/dreamy is always a good choice. Another good idea, again if you're stuck, is to make it look how the song Touch the Sky by Julie Fowlis feels. Whatever that means to you, of course!

Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much!!! Take all the time you need, please do not feel any pressure to get this done, I don't want you to feel any pressure from her. Just do it whenever you feel like it! I'm not in any hurry! Thanks again so much in advance!
Itt
Sleepy Head

Words: 147703
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2012, 3:03 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Artist (1)

Mauriel's Code Requests

Postby Mauriel on February 11th, 2019, 10:08 pm

Hey, Lani! I finally got around to it, hope you like 'em!

Hope I can do something for you soon Itt! I have ideas and no idea how to execute them :'D

Wooden Archway :

ImageImage

[center][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=61734[/img][/center]
[style=width:420px; padding-left:15px; padding-right:15px; padding-bottom: 100px; padding-top: 70px; border: 3px solid #f6d5b6; border-radius: 25px; margin:auto; margin-top:-410px; margin-bottom: -120px; font-family:Oxygen; font-variant:none; box-sizing: border-box; background-color: #566416; background-repeat: no-repeat; color: #f6d5b6][img2=left]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=61736[/img2][img2=right]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=61735[/img2][indent][googlefont=Philosopher][size=100][justify]I came to see myself one day and it was like looking into a mirror. I came to see that at any given moment, I am both equally ready to stay and to leave. It’s like I always have my luggage with me and I can unpack or repack on short notice. I guess that’s something you can call a traveler’s heart. You are ready to stay with every atom in your body; but you are also ready to leave that way. You’re not afraid of forever but you’re also not afraid of nothing at all.

I came to see myself one day and it was like looking into a mirror. I came to see that at any given moment, I am both equally ready to stay and to leave. It’s like I always have my luggage with me and I can unpack or repack on short notice. I guess that’s something you can call a traveler’s heart. You are ready to stay with every atom in your body; but you are also ready to leave that way. You’re not afraid of forever but you’re also not afraid of nothing at all.[/justify][/size][/googlefont][/indent][/style]
[center][img]http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=61724[/img][/center]

Mystery :

[style=width:600px; padding:8px; padding-bottom: 200px; padding-top: 300px; border: 3px solid #f6d5b6; border-radius: 25px; margin:auto; font-family:Oxygen; font-variant:none; box-sizing: border-box; background-color: #001136; background-image:url(http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=61721),url(http://www.mizahar.com/forums/gallery/pic.php?mode=large&pic_id=61722); background-position: top, bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat, no-repeat; color: #f6d5b6][indent][justify][googlefont=Philosopher][size=150]I came to see myself one day and it was like looking into a mirror. I came to see that at any given moment, I am both equally ready to stay and to leave. It’s like I always have my luggage with me and I can unpack or repack on short notice. I guess that’s something you can call a traveler’s heart. You are ready to stay with every atom in your body; but you are also ready to leave that way. You’re not afraid of forever but you’re also not afraid of nothing at all.[/size][/googlefont][/justify][/indent][/style]
Last edited by Mauriel on February 12th, 2019, 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Mauriel's Code Requests

Postby Gossamer on February 12th, 2019, 2:00 am

Please keep in mind the Box Code rules. Your codes are getting 200+ pixels out of bounds of what is allowed.

"They can be no more than 700 pixels wide and 550 pixels tall for one image."

I shouldn't have to send these reminders or crack down on people. This is a no-win situation for me or for the people that start using the out of bounds codes because I have to bust them for too big of box codes and they get heartbroken because they fall in love with them.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Mauriel's Code Requests

Postby Mauriel on February 12th, 2019, 6:55 am

I'm sorry Lani & Goss, I'll edit it into the appropriate size when I have time. I got carried away bc I think it didn't matter if its a frame rather than a banner. :( Please don't use it until then, Lani, I'll let you know when I make the edit.
Mauriel
Shining On

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext