Closed Echoes (Eleutheria)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Echoes (Eleutheria)

Postby Eleutheria on November 10th, 2018, 9:54 pm

To be asked about your homeland, is to see quite a maze of memories before you. Elea found it hard to focus. Where to start?
Start with the basics.

“Suppose a lake. And the suppose someone decided to build a city on it. Foundation of wood, but as strong as stone. The buildings as grim as they’re beautiful. The tall stonework, of passageways and windows much taller than here, seemingly trapped in the web of canals, traversed by many a boat. Add to that the clatter of populace and its slaves, something Ravok has a lot of. We know no poverty, but we do know strife. And intrigue.
All this made possible thanks to the Voice. The Voice is in charge, though it is for certain a distant entity to us. It founded the city under the patronage of our deity, Rhysol. Rhysol is a deity of chaos, treason and deceit. Apparently, he decided that chaos won’t thrive without a proper dosage of order and prosperity, though: All inhabitants of Ravok who bow to Rhysol are under his aegis. Loyalty means freedom from hunger, chaos, war and despair. We have it good, all things considered."

As Elea was warming up on her description of the city, she felt her toung to be more and more loose. A quiet sense of pride combined with an insistent train of memory made her more and more talkative. Perhaps Elea was something of a storyteller herself.

"If you heard the name of Rhysol before, you might see him as someone… evil. Don’t say that out loud in Ravok, though. The general populace is too attached to him to tolerate an ill talk against Rhysol, and our… law enforcement is less receptive towards it still. The Voice and Rhysol may be ruthless to the outsiders, but they still protect and provide for us. They’re essentially parents – and they are treated accordingly.

You’ve heard us, because I may have ended up here to broaden horizons and eventually study.. but.. I still feel quite like one of Ravok. I may have never been devout, but I always understood where does devotion come from, and what do I owe to who.

As for one’s common day there… it depends who you are. Most of our inhabitants are of humanity and more of our free inhabitants still are human. We have… too little visitors of non-human kind that aren’t slaves to really trust non-humans. We, as in.. most of the populace. The slaves go about the slave business, most of which would be personal service, shopping and labor, from what I saw. Core of the populace has more than possibility to lead a cozy life, however. Intrigue, crime, strife, did not came to me more often than in other places, unless I come to it. Thus, my life wasn’t one of danger, no more than needed. My mother is a philterer and I followed her footsteps. My father is… - “still wary about telling people his profession at will, Elea chose to keep it vague “ – in security profession. They provided for my education and I helped them at home… until I decided to emigrate here.

I certainly feel confident in explaining anything else you might question about Ravok. I lived there my whole short life, after all. Studied there, too. So, you ask me and I’ll see what I can answer.

Mysteries are fire. Truth burns.
Eleutheria
Absolute Madwoman in making

Words: 55731
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2018, 4:26 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Echoes (Eleutheria)

Postby Mauriel on January 18th, 2019, 10:56 am

Mauriel listened about this interesting city the woman hailed from. A city on a lake, dark, grim, projecting authority and order. The watery surface having a completely different feel than the seas just bellow the mountains here, which were vast, and seemingly brimming with possibilities. A small, limited body of water, calm and even, underpinning the equal calmness of the place. Somehow, that was enough. Everything that came afterwards was expected enough, of course the buildings were so tall they towered over you, that slaves were kept, and people kept complacent through financial security. Though Mauriel was surprised to hear that all of this was devoted to a deity of chaos. While certainly deceitful, the whole arrangement sounded anything but chaotic to the Akvatari. There was a shortage of chaos in her mental image of this place, in fact!

She noted the was in which the women still spoke in the present tense. A recent newcomer? And all of this advice around Rhysol... it seemed to come from a place of trauma. They were hundreds of miles away from this place presumably, safe and free in Lhavit, yet the woman gave advice about how to speak with the urgency that made Mauriel feel like it was really a life or death matter over there. She gently nodded at Elea's explanations of her view of devotion and debt, not wanting to insult the woman or start conflict over this with a virtual stranger.

As the woman spoke, the darkness of this place was becoming more and more vivid to Mauriel, and it seemed to wrap around her soul. Twisted smiles and provoking eyes, dark hoods hiding people's true natures, perhaps even from themselves. The darkness seemed to mock Mauriel, to call her out on her perfect little life and idealistic little goal, on her luck and privilege, and to remind her of dangers and evils that lurked past the borders of her sanctuary. Perhaps she was naive to think that she could travel just like that. She will need companions, or she will need skill to manage it.

With her dark feelings came a headache. She's been suffering from those ever since the other night, back when she was at The Twuele, and she was unsure where they came from. Despite hurting, they made her quite irritable and unpleasant, and were very unhelpful for her work.

Her neutral expression of interest was slowly revealing more and more of her annoyance with this woman. Too little non-slaves who're not human? The level of sympathy this women had for people who viewed the world this way, although she might not have or was at least trying to conceal it, made Mauriel's stomach twist. She would have been sold to slavery in an instant, and made to entertain the followers of this Rhysol, and probably keep them company by night. And the blonde here didn't even have the decency to show a hint of disgust at such a practice! While still curious, her sharp headache and increasing lack of self-control were not a good sign.

"I'm sorry, I think I'll have to excuse myself now. I was actually on my way somewhere, just got a bit tired. I hope to see you around again, though! Come visit the bar. It's a small city after all!" By the end of her excuse-making, she was already dragging herself away, and not waiting for a goodbye started flying again. It was extremely impolite, but she couldn't be bothered. She just wanted to be alone for a bit.

Mauriel
Shining On

Words: 167162
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2014, 12:45 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)

Echoes (Eleutheria)

Postby Madeira Dusk on February 2nd, 2019, 8:32 pm

Grades Awarded!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request!

Mauriel

Skills
  • Observation: 4xp
  • Composition: 3xp
  • Storytelling: 1xp
  • Planning: 1xp
  • Socialization: 4xp
  • Rhetoric: 1xp
  • Logic: 2xp
  • Anthropology: 1xp

Lores
  • Composition: how to engage a reader
  • People: Elea
  • Elea: a direct person
  • Storytelling: avoiding clichés
  • Lore of the difference between a story and a poem
  • Lore of a brief overview of Ravok
  • Ravok: ruled by the deity of chaos
  • Ravok: brief overview of social views
  • Socialization: the swift exit

Awards & Retribution

Notes

What an interesting social character Mauri is! Her observations about Eleu's character were very genuine and nuanced. Too bad this couldn't continue.

PS: As a novice storyteller you would absolutely get XP for the story. But by competent and up it might have to be either written or verbal, I'll have to check. :nod:

Eleutheria

Give me a nudge if you come back to receive your grade!
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Previous