[Lumi's Scrapbook] Iridescent Illumination

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

Postby Neologism on April 6th, 2019, 6:43 pm

Bah, I'm sorry Lumi, that sucks to the next world over! As another PCOS-haver, I can relate, and I promise it gets better (although I doubt your endocrinologist will put you on what they put me on :P). I'm really really happy you got answers though! Like you said, it is confirmation that you aren't crazy, and it is also proof for people to take you serious. Invisible illnesses like Wilson's disease and PCOS are the worst, not only because they are painful and uncomfortable, but also because everyone else thinks you are either faking it or that since you can't see it, you can imagine it away (like Sol's example). Having a diagnosis means you can start working on it, and I'm so glad that you can. :)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, and know that we always want to support you. I'm also sorry you're going through so much, I do hope it sorts itself out soon!

Ivory Heart Zintila The Constellations The Shinya
Council of Radiance (WIP) Star Gazing Gazette
Neologism
AS of Lhavit, DS of Zeltiva

Words: 621787
Joined roleplay: May 20th, 2014, 1:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Luminescence on April 6th, 2019, 9:02 pm

Thank you guys for taking the time to respond to this; it means a lot to me, as do all of you. I really have come to consider you all as a sort of family, and it's incredibly encouraging to not only know I have this kind of love and support, but to hear it. It's always nice to have a reminder. ❤️

Goss- despite trying to be open about my health, I do have a terrible habit of telling people I'm fine when that's not really the case. I'll do my best to not do that, because you're exactly right; if it was my friend or family member, I would want to know. I appreciate that you think I handle myself well, because it doesn't always feel like it, so thank you. Funnily enough, I find my own inspiration in the way you've handled your recent health issues, because despite everything you just keep kicking ass. Also...I think the salt advice is pretty solid. I tend to stick to pink rock salt myself. ;)

Sol- I might just start venting a little bit more, I definitely underestimated how cathartic it can be. Thanks for sharing that little story, it did get a smile (and a bit of an eye roll) out of me. There are always people like that, so it's good to be able to laugh it off. Also, I hope you start feeling better soon too, I know your own health hasn't been great recently.

Neo- I know you've chimed in here and there on this topic, but I didn't realize you also had PCOS. Thank you for sharing; I also imagine I won't be given the same treatment as you hehe, but it's always nice to know you're not alone, and to hear that things can get better.

I will admit reading everything you all had to say made me a bit teary-eyed, because I'm a big baby and sometimes I forget the support I have around me. So I'll leave this here with a big hug for all of you before I get any more emotional. :P
Luminescence
Allow me to light the way

Words: 717627
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2018, 2:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Previous