I Dive Into The Future// But I Sure Know Where I’ve Been

Finn and Kamilla sail towards Syka

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Kamilla on April 22nd, 2019, 10:40 pm

Kamilla Circe Gordon

Despite her relatively simple and unimpressive trick, Finn seemed to enjoy the spectacle, which at least brought a small smile to Kamilla’s own face. The mage had opted for a more subtle display for her first showing, just to ensure that her audience wasn’t shocked or overwhelmed by what she was capable of, that being far more. Regardless, Kamilla enjoyed getting to stretch her magical muscles and the fact that she was giving the Svefra something to talk about that she herself was passionate about was merely a bonus.

”Thank you...” she began, wondering how best to answer his question. Since fleeing Sunberth, Kamilla hadn’t been one for sharing much. Even the person she considered to be her closest friend, a wolf kelvic by the name of Faolan, whom she hadn’t seen or heard from in years now, hadn’t known about her true origins in Sunberth, but with good purpose. While she might have grown up in the lawless city, to Kamilla, that person had died in the fire along with her family and the woman she currently was had started her life in Zeltiva.

Realising she’d drifted off for a brief moment, brown eyes staring blankly into the horizon, Kamilla turned her attention back to the young Svefra. ”My grandmother taught me a long time ago.” She hoped the answer would be enough to appease him. ”And I am glad you enjoyed it, it feels amazing to practice a bit again... it’s been quite some time.”

”That was nothing! She can do a lot more! Show him!”

Giving the plant an annoyed look as it spoke up, Kamilla then turned her attention back on Finn. ”Ignore Roo. Yes I can do more, but maybe I’d show you some other time.” Less was always more when introducing magic to the uninitiated.

Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Words: 592212
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Finn Reefdiver on April 23rd, 2019, 5:09 pm

Kamilla’s gaze out over the sea made him search the horizons as well just to be certain, he always preferred to be aware of his surroundings no matter where he was. However the ship sailed alone still as it rocked gently in the waves while the small tail wind pushed it on its journey toward Syka albeit slow going as it was.

He didn’t know even what he expected her answer to be so he couldn’t say if it was good or bad but it did answer the question. “I’ve always enjoyed learning from my elders in the pod too, made things feel right somehow or at least for me it did. Continue to practice if you want or feel like it, I have no issues with it.” He shrugged noncommittally at her and Roo before he stretched his back and shoulders lazily in the warm sunshine and leaned back comfortably against the ship.

He had never been against learning new things whenever they presented themselves and while her demonstration and her talkative plant satisfied that desire at least for now, but if he could acquire even a little more insight he would try beside most Svefra learned many hobbies over their lives. He saw this as no different than any other skill.

He figured he might press his luck if he questioned too much but also wanted to know many other things however he would contain most of them. “How long did it take to learn or maybe how long have you been able to wield magic?” He asked her as she didn’t seem to mind these questions as much unless he was mistaken but it did help pass the afternoon nicely.
Last edited by Finn Reefdiver on June 1st, 2019, 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Finn Reefdiver
The voice of the sea, speaks to the soul

Words: 92174
Joined roleplay: March 17th, 2019, 2:03 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Kamilla on April 23rd, 2019, 11:49 pm

Kamilla Circe Gordon

Finn seemed to be taking the whole magic thing well, perhaps even too well, though whether that was due to something suspicious on his part or her own subtle presentation, she was not sure. The latter seemed like the more likely answer. She supposed magic didn’t seem so scary when it was only being used to water plants and fill flasks, afterall the Svefra had some a similar thing earlier by scooping up some water from the ocean and drinking it. She had yet to ask him to explain how he survived the water, assuming it wasn’t a biological adaptation of Svefra.

Hearing the young man give her his permission, or even encouragement, to practice her magic if she so wished, Kamilla could only smile in return. It had been a very long time since she was able to practice magic while in the company of others, excluding Yen and Roo of course. Excluding her time on the magical research center that was Sahova, the only other people the mage had ever practiced freely around were her grandmother and her old friend Foalan, so Finn adding himself to the list was making quite the impression.

”Thank you, I just might.” Short and simple she’d decided, it wasn’t as if they were on the safest platform for experimentation anyway, lest she blow the entire boat to pieces with Reimancy gone wrong. ”It took over a year of practical study before I was finally initiated, I think I was still in my teens back then.” It had been quite some time.

Kamilla made to say something else when she began to feel a dull ache in the back of her skull, the pain slowly spreading further and further. ”Uh, I have a bit of a headache, probably from all the excitement of nearly drowning to death... I think I’m going to rest for a bit.” It would probably seem like an abrupt end to their conversation but her retreat had nothing to do with the pleasant Svefra. ”Thanks again, Finn.” Those were the mages last words as she disappeared into the cabin, leaving the talkative Roo on deck with the Svefra for company.

”So...” The planet began... the beginning of what would be a very long stream of words falling from the flower’s petals. Roo really was way too talkative for a thing that usually couldn’t talk at all, as if it were trying to make up for all the plant’s that couldn’t.

Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Words: 592212
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Gossamer on May 5th, 2019, 1:07 am

The Fates Have Spoken
Here is your thread grade!

Kamilla-

Observation +5, Socialization +5, Interrogation +5, Acrobatics +1, Teaching +1, Play Musical Instrument (Drum) +1

Finn: Appearance & Mannerism, Sailing: The Route From Riverfall To Syka, Finn: Marked By Laviku, Finn: Member of Reefdiver Pod/Appearance Of His Tattoo Denoting This, Finn: Has A Pet Gull, Finn: At Home Anywhere On The Sea and A Breeze On His Neck, Finn: Not Shy About Personal Questions, Suvan Ocean: Pods Of Porpoises, Kamilla: Mage, Finn: Enjoys Learning – From Elders Too

Note: I’d like to give you Reimancy but your demonstration was beginner level not expert.

Finn-

Observation +5, Socialization +5, Sailing +2, Interrogation +5, Acrobatics +1, Body Building +1

Sailing: The Route From Riverfall To Syka, Kamilla: Appearance & Mannerism, Kamilla: Her Flower Is Unique And Sentimental To Her, Kamilla: Can’t Swim, Kamilla: Has A Pet Yowlwing Named Yennefer, Kamilla: From Zeltiva, Kamilla: Curious About Many Things, Suvan Ocean: Pods Of Porpoises, Sailing: Rescuing Damsils Overboard, Roo: Talking Plant – Appearance & Mannerism, BB: Hauling In Overboard Women, Reimancy: Creates Water, Kamilla: Grandmother Taught Her Magic

Note: Nice little social thread!

As always PM me if you have issues.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Previous