Solo Do you love me Master, no?

Weekend challenge

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The Diamond of Kalea is located on Kalea's extreme west coast and called as such because its completely made of a crystalline substance called Skyglass. Home of the Alvina of the Stars, cultural mecca of knowledge seekers, and rife with Ethaefal, this remote city shimmers with its own unique light.

Do you love me Master, no?

Postby Jomi on June 11th, 2019, 2:38 am

Jomi scanned the tops of the market walls with a scowl on his face. It seemed like the consolation prize had finally learned his place, as Percy, Edith's newest crow bondmate, was nowhere to be seen. In fact the Azure market was completely clear of any black feathered birds. Since Kelvic animals were indistinguishable from their feral counterparts Jomi had taken to beating the stuffing out of any bird he saw, just to make sure.

He followed his bondmate duitifuly over the peaks, thrilled to just be in her presence again. After weeks of hiding herself away from her visitors and 'bondmate', Edith had finally left her residence at the Solar Wind apartments to deliver a package. A linen bundle tied with coarse twine was held tightly under her arm, destined for Satu peak. Now the ghost had a chance to finally be alone with her for the first time in five years.

Having been with Madeira for two of those years, suddenly being without the uppity, controlling spiritist was strange. He didn't miss her, he told himself. Not even close. But it felt odd in the same way one would miss an extraneous organ if it were to be removed, and there was just this blank space deep inside where it used to be.

Well, whatever the feeling there was no turning back. In their last confrontation he barely escaped with his life, diminished though it was. He had never seen the cool headed Craven so completely lose control, as his double crossing came to light and her trust in him shattered. Betraying her hadn't been easy, but it was necessary. Tying himself so completely to his former mistress was a mistake he had to rectify, and Rothsam was the only person who could keep her in check. He couldn't let himself get sucked further into her life, into her family, and let himself continue to be a pawn in her goals. They had gotten stronger together, traveled the world together, and had had each others back, once. But that was over now.

It didn't matter, he told himself. He didn't need her anymore. He had Edith.

Edith ,or Rosemary as she had taken to calling herself, had grown since they're time in Alvadas. Her shallow cheeks and sharp bony features were replaced with a gentle softness and her lanky frame had grown in womanly charm. Deck out in finery and a sparkling draped robe, well dressed and well fed, living as the well looked after mistress of a powerful man in the diamond of Kalea. She had everything Jomi wanted but was never able to give her.

Jomi kept his eyes on his bondmate as he trailed his unmaterialized soulmist ten steps behind her, just as she asked. Or was he five steps behind her now? Two? Certainly close enough to ruffle the ends of her long braided hair and lift the dragging ends of her skirt over puddles. Jomi purred silently as he hovered his unmaterialized hand over her shoulder, pulling at the long buried memories of the warmth of her skin on his. He didn't know how to count, it was her own fault for giving him instructions he couldn't follow.

Even with the close proximity of his soulmist Ediths eyes stayed firmly fixed on the path ahead. Her steps were hurried and wooden, pulling her robes tighter as the frosted chill of his soulmist pricked at her shoulder. Not one glancing back, or acknowledging the ghost.

This cold and distant act was starting to irk the attention starved ghost. Jomi trusted her, she was everything to him, but even after weeks of his bondmate demanding space and time to adjust Edith seemed no warmer to his presence. He always made sure to stay by her side as an ever vigilant spectre. Whether it was punishing the suspicious men that passed too close to her home or watching over her as she slept, he always looked out for her best interests. But even after all his efforts he couldn't even get a smile in return.

Shaking off the stress and his rising temper the ghost concentrated on pulling his soulmist closer to his core. He wound the etherial mists together and packed them down. Creating a body indistinguishable for that of a flesh and blood person with the help of the Dira stone as he stalked towards the red headed woman. The ghost then brought forward the latent power up from his core and wove it into the soulmist in his hands. His face twisted in intense concentration as he made sure to spread the raw energy out over his entire hand. He reached out and pushed his hand into hers, lacing their fingers together triumphantly.
WC: 790
Last edited by Jomi on June 11th, 2019, 3:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jomi
One more day would have been nice

Words: 234471
Joined roleplay: April 11th, 2017, 7:55 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Jomi on June 11th, 2019, 2:42 am

Edith's breathing spiked as she snatched back her hand from the burning cold, clutching it to her chest. Her eyes met the ghost's and for a second Jomi thought he saw a spark of fear before her eyes turned cold.

"I'm sorry Edith, I-"

"Thats not my name!"

A dainty white hand fluttered to her mouth as the citizenry's eyes lingered on the lovers quarrel. Thirsty vultures eager for juicy gossip to add a spark of excitement to their monotonous lives. Edith took off as a brisk pace to avoid a scene, pulling her robes up tighter around her neck she waved her hand aggressively for Jomi to follow.

Jomi soulmist shimmered brightly as he began to fade. His soulmist deconstructed itself back into a ill defined approximation of a human body, suddenly ashamed for having acted out his desires without permission. He followed after her silently as Edith lead them both to a quiet alleyway. Her high leather boots trampling atop the tough resilient mosses and weeds pushed up between the dark stones as she spun on her heels. A perfectly manicured nail jut out to poke at his undefined chest accusingly.

"What the Hai was that!"

"Hand holding?"

"I told you to stay invisible! Gods, why are you being so difficult, that was the only thing I asked." Jomi watched with rising panic as the corners of his bondmates eyes crinkled and her voice warbled dangerously. She hugged herself defensively and her head dropped to her chest as she sobbed. "I thought you wanted me to be happy?"

"No of course I- I didn't mean- I'm sorry Edith."

"ROSEMARY!"

And just like that the meek girl on the verge of tears was gone, replaced by another jutting finger and sharp and angry tone that hit the ghost like a slap to the face.

"For the last time, my name is Rosemary now. As far as we are concerned Edith never existed. You are never to use that name again, do you understand?"

Properly cowed by his mistress, Jomi averted his eyes and studied the cracks in the cobblestones. His mouth moved formlessly but try as he might the sounds wouldn't come out. His bondmate had asked him a direct question but he didn't have it in him to spit out the 'yes, ma'am' she was waiting for.

Jomi fidgeted restlessly in the uncomfortable silence. The ghost pulled a burst of energy up from his core and spread it into the edges of his etherial shroud. Saturating the thin dispersed ribbons of mist that danced around his body as he focused his mind in order to split his soulmist into eight separate ribbons. With a thought the ghost activated the soulmist and shot them towards the weeds that lined the cobblestones. Using the raw kinetic energy to push against the pull of gravity and lift the entrenched root systems and discard them along the path. A few more tense ticks passed as Jomi struggled with his words before finally lifting his head and meeting her eyes.

"Why not?" Jomi let out a growl of frustration as his soulmist whipped about his body and curled back towards his soulcore. The ghosts body became more defined and his colours became more stark against the dark backdrop of the shaded alley. "Why can't she exist anymore?"

WC: 554
Last edited by Jomi on June 11th, 2019, 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jomi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jomi on June 11th, 2019, 2:46 am

Edith- no, Rosemary, shifted from foot to foot before she lifted her arm awkwardly to pat the empty air several inches off the ghosts shoulder. Her face was contrite and sympathetic, which only served to irk the ghost further.

"We talked about this. I'm a Keneshian upperclass woman now, I come from wealth and power and I have a seat at the tables of the other rich and powerful." Rosemary's dewy emerald eyes hardened with her words as she hissed through her teeth. "Runaway slaves don't get to dine with the Towers. I've worked hard to burn my past to the ground and get a fresh start with the life I deserve, I won't let you ruin this for me."

Rosemary pressed herself and her bundle to the alley walls in order to squeeze past the ghost from the farthest point possible. Another aggressive hand shake beckoned Jomi to follow, but this time he didn't move.

"Burned my past to the ground." Jomi's repeated monotonously, and his soulmist began to stir. The ferocity of it kicked up the dirt and grime from the dark cobblestones.

Rosemary stuttered in her steps as she slowly pieced together the implication of her poor choice of words. She ducked her head down and hurried out onto the street to avoid the confrontation. The redheaded woman pushed past the crowds mercilessly in her haste. But no matter how fast she moved, the incorporeal ghost, unfazed by the press of bodies, moved faster.

"Kenash, Alvadas. All those years just the two of us, you would burn it all?" The ghost sidled up to the fleeing woman, his mists condensing and shifting as he moved. Curling back towards his centre he corralled it into a human appearance. The Dira stone embedded in his palm shone a deep red as he began to take on a lifelike appearance as he matched pace with his bondmate.

Rosemary didn't answer, instead she continued her wooden gait and dodged the eyes of passing shoppers. Her eyes grew misty and she bit hard into her lower lip, a habit the ghost recognized as a sure sign she was on the verge of tears. The sight broke his heart, but the ghost needed answers.

"You're right I couldn't give you what you deserved, life was hard and so were we. But I had you and thats what mattered." Now it was Jomi's turn to hiss into her ear, his voice choked with emotions he didn't know how to express. "I wouldn't give those years up for anything. Not. A single. Day."

Now the tears truly began to fall, thick tracks cut rivers of salt into his bonded's face as she kept her eyes fixed on the middle distance. Jomi's heart stuttered at the sight, he'd be crying to if he were still able.

"So if our life together never happened then tell me, how do I fit in to your new one, Lady Rosemary?"

WC: 491
Last edited by Jomi on June 11th, 2019, 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jomi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jomi on June 11th, 2019, 2:50 am

Nothing.

The ticks stretched on as Rosemary continued her march in silence. A deafening, torturous silence that rattled the ghost to his core.

"Rosemary?" The ghost pressed timidly, the flare of temper extinguished by a rush of soul crushing dread. "...Edith?"

An Okomo brayed as they passed near the the entrance of Lhavit. Done with the long trek from the bay and the visitors that lounged on its back. The sound startled the ghost out of the trance that had consumed him. He peeled his eyes off the face of his bonded and looked around as if seeing the Peak for the first time.

It was much more modest than the trendy Zintia or scholarly Tenten. Home of the hunters guild and port tranquil, more fitting to the day labourers than high class women. Rosemary took a sharp corner and Jomi caught a glimpse of the tears still streaming down her face. The spring sun shone brightly in the midday, illuminating the familiar shops and cottages. And down near the farthest end a wickedly carved, dark wooden door stood out from its more modest neighbours. The unintelligible, barbaric runes had become very familiar to the ghost over the last few seasons.

"Where are we going?" The ghost asked, his voice shaking. Rosemary picked up her pace, her wet, red eyes wild and panicked as she clutched her bundle to her chest like a shield.

"Where are we going, Edith!" The ghost braced his body as he called up the energy of his soul and sent the static power out to the very ends of his mists. He gathered the energy and used its explosive force to grab the redhead woman by the shoulder and pulled her back to him with panic fuelled power.

Rosemary screamed as the freezing mists jerked her off balance, arms opened and pinwheeled to save herself, spilling her package on the street with a eerie rattle.

The linen bundle unravelled on impact and scattered. The sun shone off the stack of bones that rested atop their bed of dried flowers, some held together with the ghost of sinew, the rest pilled haphazardly atop each other, each one yellowed with age. And in the centre of the remains a cracked human skull with elongated canines rested on its side, its hollow eyes stared up blankly at the woman and its ghost.

WC: 394
Last edited by Jomi on June 11th, 2019, 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jomi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jomi on June 11th, 2019, 2:54 am

Jomi was caught immobilized at the sight of his bones and the budding realization of what his bonded was planning of doing with them. Thoughts and emotions flashes across his mind, gone before he had a chance to internalize them. Waves of electric currents churned through his soulmist, electrifying the air around it as his psyche began to splinter. The soulmist leeched off his unstable emotions and whipped itself up in a hurricane of mist, dropping the temperature significantly even out in the open air.

Rosemary recovered first. Dropping all pretence she sprinted down the street, her high gasping sobs echoed off the high stone walls as she screamed for help.

"Edith, I'm here! I'm right here!" Jomi's face cracked into a scythe smile that showed a unsettlingly amount of teeth. His eyes were uncomfortably wide and nearly invisible in the storm of pale mist. Gathering himself the ghost focused on his soul and visualized his trajectory, he disappeared for a fraction of a tick as he threw his being forward and blinked himself closer to his bonded.

"No, get away! Someone please help me, Rothsam help me-!"

Rosemary's breath stalled as a pair of incorporeal arms caught her from behind. The stunning electric current seized her muscles and she went down hard on the dirty street. Saliva bubbled from the corner of her slack mouth as her eyes rolled back into her skull.

"You kept me with you all this time. I knew you still loved me." Jomi purred, his voice still high and strained. His soulmist laid across her back sunk deeper into her stunned flesh. The ghost took extra time and care to separate her astral body as he flooded into her soft tissues and filled the space behind her eyes. Plucking experimentally at the strands of dijed that flowed outward from her soul.

Once firmly settled the ghost lifted his bonded's body. Picking her up gingerly to rest on her knees Jomi wrapped her arms across her chest in a crushing self hug. The same scythe smile he wore was stretched across her lips.

"Just relax beautiful, everything's going to be okay. We'll be together forever. Just the two of us."

WC: 364
Last edited by Jomi on June 11th, 2019, 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jomi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jomi on June 11th, 2019, 3:00 am

"Hello, spirit."

Jomi never even heard him approach. The man was deceptively light on his feet, no doubt summoned by the ruckus outside his door. The ghost screwed their eyes shut and lower their face. As if wishing the spiritist away could save them from the reality.

Rothsam placed the tip of his gladius, its edge still wet with a fresh coat of blood, under the woman's chin, forcing their face up to look at him.

The Myrian was alway an intimidating figure, but looking up from their knees somehow made it worse. Six feet of muscle, scars and tattoos carrying an unreasonable amount of weapons and with soulmist imbued teeth filed down to a wicked point. And now those same barbaric teeth were bared down at them. One hand held the gladius steady, while the other was hidden behind his back.

"Piss off, Savage. Leave us alone."

Jomi plucked at Rosemary's dijed again. He sttilled his mind and focused, following the tacks it cut through the fibres in her muscles and separating them from her astral layer. The beginning of Flux hummed through her body as potential energy. An escape plan should things go awry.

"You know I can't do that." Rothsam almost looked apologetic. "Now you can come out peacefully or we can do this the hard way."

"You can't do shyke!" Jomi spat. Why couldn't he just leave them, they were happy now. The grasping fingers of his mist permeated deeper through Rosemary's body, filled her mouth and clouded the space behind her eyes. Jomi pushed himself into her muscles and bones and twist his soulmist to shape his soul around hers, cradling it protectively with his own.

"Alright." Rothsam, stroked his jawline thoughtfully. "I get the sense that you're in deep, she must mean a lot to you." Rothsam looked them over, his coal black eyes roamed over Rosemary's body with a self satisfied grin that sent chills to the ghosts core. "So I'll give you to the count of three. If I don't see you standing here, materialized, I'll kill her."

Rosemary's entire body tightened reflexively as Jomi starred down the end of the spiritists blade. He wouldn't, this was a bluff, the Myrian wouldn't hurt a human on a busy street in broad daylight.

"One."

Jomi released the stored energy much in the same way he'd activate his mist in order to interact with physical objects. He reached into his core in order to draw on the womans dijed, directing it outward and letting it pool in his arm. The tension within the muscle fibres peaked, releasing with punishing force as the ghost twisted their body and launch them up into a sprint.

But Rothsam was faster. The Myrian brought down his gladius in a sweeping cut, catching Rosemary's ankle as they turned and slicing her achilles tendon. The leg, now unable to bare their weight, fell heavily on the stones. Jomi looked on in horror at his beloved's ankle, mangled and twisted over a steady growing puddle of the brightest red.

"Two."

"No, stop!"

Rothsam stalked towards the woman as Jomi desperately propelled them back on their hands, dragging the useless limb. Streams of tears that weren't his own spilled from their shared eyes, their path marred with a trail of blood.

The spiritist caught up to the sobbing woman and placed his boot on her chest, using his weight to force them down on their back. Jomi raised their hands defensively as Rothsam levelled his blade at their throat.

"Don't, Rothsam, I'm begging you." Jomi pleaded, his voice weak and cracked with strain, it sounded pathetic even to himself.

"...Three."

WC: 603
Jomi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jomi on June 15th, 2019, 3:41 am

Jomi was not gentle with Rosemary's body. The ghost aggressively scrambled to detach from his bonded's body as panic set in. The mists disintegrated and lifted off the muscle tissues as he struggled to detangle himself from her astral body in time. Jomi pulled together just enough soulmist to keep himself visible. Dark lines etched themselves into his barely visible face and his soulmist coiled wildly around his frame as he focused his energy on keeping his soulmist from scattering under the stress. The ghost ghost looked on in horror as the Myrian's blade swung down to the woman's throat in an overhead arch.

"STOP!"

The ghosts eyes were screwed shut and his soulmist trembled violently. His nerves were broken and frayed as he dared a peek at his bonded, still pinned under the Myrian's boot.

Rosemary's head lolled as she sobbed in pain and cried out unintelligible gibberish. Her soul struggled to sync with her body as she squirmed beneath the heavy body. Her neck was untouched and still the pristine white it had always been. The gladius hovered mer inches above it.

Jomi's mists vibrated with the intensity of the emotional assault, but he didn't have the time to address it properly.

"Now was that so hard?" Rothsam sneered as he lifted his boot and Rosemary gulped in a great heaving breath. "If you would have done what you were told the first time, nobody would have to be hurt."

Jomi, still shaken with fear, saw red. He watched as Rosemary pushed herself up shakily onto her elbows and cried out at the sight of her mangled foot. Her pale dainty hand fluttered over the red angry wound, still struggling to right herself in her body and unsure of what to do.

His bondmate was hurt, the Myrian had hurt Edith, he had to pay for hurting his precious bonded.

Jomi, overwhelmed and confused, lunged towards the spiritist. As he approached the ghosts distant and frayed edges of his dissipated shroud were gathered together and folded inwards. An electric current wound through his condensed soulmist made strong by his fear and pain as he aimed his hands towards Rothsam's wide, bare chest.

A sharp, burning pain was his only warning.

In one fluid motion the Myrian impaled the ghost on the end of his gladius. Dragging the ghost down to the street and pinning him between the blade and stones. Jomi thrashed and cursed Rothsam, the gods and everyone he knew as a piece of his soul was torn from his etherial shroud. Rothsams hidden hand appeared from behind his back, a thin line of red could be seen stretched across his palm as it hovered over the ghosts chest.

The Myrian looked mournful for a tick. His eyes locked on the frothing ghost, mouth draw down as he carefully considered his words.

"I'm sorry, spirit. I'll be sure to give your bones the proper respect."

The empty, sliced palm punched downward. The ghost felt the energy swim up his soulmist as Rothsam pulled at his spirit with his blood. And the wold exploded into pain and terror. It settled into the lining of his mind and hummed with an electric pulse through his soul. The ghost could hardly hear his own screams through the humming that filled his mind.

The spiritist was stealing the last living part of him, and it felt worse than death.

The ghost struggled. Sweat began to bead on the Myrian's forehead as the leeching drew out for several chimes as Jomi fought for his soul. But he was loosing more ground than he gained, the pull of energy between the ghost and Myrian was sapping at his strength.

Jomi could feel the last of his resolve dissipating as he turned his head. Rosemary was still laid out on the rough cobblestone next to him, her eyes locked on her former bondmate. Great heaving sobs broke through the hand that clutched her mouth in horror. Her eyes, puffy and red, leaked continuously. Rivers of tears and snot ran down and mixed into the dirt beneath her.

With the last of his strength the ghost reached out his hand to her. The ends of his fingers began to fall away, covering the space between them in a silver shimmer. His eyes were desperate and pleading as he mouthed her name, too weak to speak.

And the last thing Jomi saw was his bonded turn her body away before his eyes crumbled into a pearly white ash.

WC: 753
Jomi

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Madeira Dusk on July 10th, 2019, 4:07 am

Grades Awarded!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request!

Jomi

Skills
  • Materialization: 5xp
  • Soulmist Projection: 5xp
  • Possession: 2xp
  • Flux: 1xp
  • Intimidation: 1xp
  • Observation: 1xp

Lores
  • Philosophy: a new chapter in life
  • Jomi: belongs to Edith
  • Edith: rewriting her history
  • Edith: doesn’t want Jomi anymore
  • Edith: betrayed Jomi
  • Lore of Dusting
  • Rothsam: betrayed Jomi

Awards & Retribution
+Dusting: from this point on Jomi is in an inert, immobilized state. He can be restored to full function if given soulmist.

Notes
You can’t sneak that Tempest quote by me :p
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)