[Anthonious Fighter's Pit]One Steel or Two Steel?(Avrial)

Avrial and Draven run into each other at the fighter's pit, just one thing to do!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Postby Draven McNiel on March 15th, 2016, 5:17 pm

42nd Day of Spring, 516 AV

Draven once more found himself in a place that he had been visiting quite often in recent times, what was it about this place that drew him to it? He could only think of one thing, it was the training that he went through when stepped into this place. Fighting others was something that he knew he needed to do in order to improve; experience was a great teacher after all. ”Wish it’d get easier though.” He muttered to himself as he chuckled lightly. The comforting feel of his own longsword strapped to his side allowed him to stand up straighter. It was better to bring his own weapon here, it was something that was quite obvious however it was the first time that he had done so. ”Usually just drag it along on a job, but it should help out here.” He thought to himself.

He unsheathed the weapon, now that he couldn’t see anyone that he knew so it would be the usual find a partner to pair up with type of task. ”Guess I should warm up first.” He said to himself as he swung his sword downward, becoming aware of the space around him. He looked around once more, there was a fair bit of space he had to move around in. Draven thus grabbed his sword in his right hand, and began to thrust it forward. He turned his upper body from the hip backward, his right arm bending at the elbow pulling the sword’s handle toward his chest before he slid his right leg forward, fully extending his arm as he did so.

He then quickly moved into a slash, bending his knees he lowered his body closer to the ground and quickly unbent his knee while turning his hip while he moved his right arm to slash forward. It was a little more uncomfortable to fight with just one of his arms, however it was something that Draven wanted to try out, it would be easier to use magic with a hand free however that was only after it became almost like second nature; acting without thinking about it was something the mercenary would need to learn so that his mind can concentrate on the casting process. ”Can’t use magic here though, I’ll have to practice outside of the walls later, wonder if the bronze woods would work out…” Ever since his meeting with the squire at the temple Draven had been focusing on many different aspects in order to improve himself.

Credit for boxcode goes to Karin
Draven McNiel
Player

Words: 79666
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2015, 7:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Avrial Stalinsa on March 15th, 2016, 6:14 pm

It was another beautiful spring day and Avrial was keen to train and hone her skills to keep them sharp. She was drenched in steel plate and had a black cloak that draped over shoulders thats hood shrouded her eyes In shadows and at each hip she had one sheath so she had access to one kilij on each side. This knight in particular always dual wielded, with her ability to use Flux it made no sense whatsoever to not do so.

She was at the training grounds on her own accord as both hands wrapped around the handles of her swords as she drew them free from there sheaths. Her swords had an extremely pronounced arc and a weighted tip that made them really want to slice.

She noticed the other person as she took her stance and started to take time going over her dual wielding form. One hand after another, she kept the motions gentle as it wasn't t he speed of power behind the slashes that mattered but rather her form as she carried out a small slow moving flurry of repeating alternate left and right mid level strikes. She practiced her art, and concentrated on the small things as she fine tuned her stance for balance and ease of sword coordination. Those were key elements for her, being able to move swiftly and precisely while being balanced as her dual blades could block parry thrust or slice in a synchronized fashion.

When the knight was finished with her exercise she walked over to the other person that was in the fighting pit.

"I like your form but your posture seems off, is there a reason you keep your off hand out like that? You should be careful of that it looks like a good way to lose some fingers

Im Sera Avrial Stalinsa and who pre tell are you?"
Avrial Stalinsa
Honor Or Death

Words: 32993
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2015, 5:44 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Draven McNiel on March 17th, 2016, 7:31 am

42nd Day of Spring, 516 AV

Draven twirled his sword in his hand, the other one by his side there freely; it was weird having one unoccupied hand there at his side but it would be something that he’d need to try out, meaning to. Draven thrust upward bending his knees ever so slightly, before coming up thrusting from his shoulder instead of his forearm. His other hand however was there at his side just loose, relaxed as the mercenary would like to call it. It was at this moment he heard footsteps approaching him and turned around to see someone in plate armour, a female as he would guess though it could have been an effeminate male as he had met his fair share.

On the compliment of his form as well as questioning of his posture Draven managed to bring out a chuckle. ”Ah, just trying out something new; there’s a lot I can do with a free hand after all.” He said not wanting to divulge his intent to use magic with his free hand. The general consensus about magic was rather negative, even he ignorant of many things knew that. However upon her introduction Draven’s head perked just the littlest bit. ”Ah, I’m Draven, Draven McNiel; mercenary.” He said, used to introducing himself with his occupation.

His eyes quickly darted to her two sword, their shape was something that he hadn’t seen before. The curve was far different to either the Katana or Wakizashi,it was a little more pronounced. ”Never seen that kinda sword before, what’s it called?” Draven asked curious about these swords, his infatuation with this weapon form was well pronounced; his interest always being caught quickly. ”Looks like thrusting with those blades would be just a tad bit harder. He found himself muttering his usual habit of talking before thinking peeking its head.

Draven McNiel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Avrial Stalinsa on March 17th, 2016, 3:55 pm

For a religious fanatic like Avrial, you'd often expect something of a rude disregard for someone that claimed the mercenary life. But her great ancestor that founded Syliras had happened to be a mercenary blade master. Perhaps she often dreamt of a rough and tumble mercenary life style for herself in sunberth a bit of a romantic day dream but then she was thrust into the whole knighthood life the day she drew her first breath in the world. No where others might dismiss Avrial sought to bolster the ranks.

"Aye nothing wrong with banging a few heads to scrap up enough for something half proper to eat huh? Ever think about squireship? You know The Order can do a lot for you, training from weapon masters if you can demonstrate an aptitude there's magic to and room and board and a good hearty meal I believe twice a day. And you know what your job is? Banging a few heads to keep those that can't help themselves safe at night, The Order can mold you Into the very best you, you can be."

With swords in both hands she raised her right hand so Dravan could get a good look at it.

"Oh this? It's called a kilij you don't see many swords like this to often it's like a scimitar but the pronounced arc produces a more potent cut plus the tip is weighted to add even more cleaving power. Hits like a battle axe but fast as a saber, probably quarter an unarmored opponent with a few good strokes with one hand and can break bones under the cover of armor .

It's funny you'd say that but that arc allows you to bypass shields and stick them. It's a deceptive sword, it can pierce fine it just requires proper technique. But it will never be able to thrust to the point like a normal straight sword."

Changing stance and facing his sword hand his right arm with her left sword she'd face him in a southpaw stance that created a mirroring image that was extremely awkward for a person that generally fought right handed swordsman. She liked using this slippery dual wield style to employ herself like a counter striking technician. At the end of the day she was striving to become focused a little more on her head movement and foot work.

Each little movement trying to conceal a potentially dangerous attack. It wss hard yo decipher was it a thrashing swipe or was it going to be a robust thrust which in all honesty is what she was trying to set in motion. That would be her real goal today as she set the bar for todays training as she would work on those kinds of slick and subtle movements that kept a person thinking and not charging in on the offense.

"So you want to spar a little? Let me show you what you can achieve under the tutelage of The Order"
Avrial Stalinsa
Honor Or Death

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Draven McNiel on March 25th, 2016, 12:20 am

Date, 516 AV

Draven chuckled knowing full well that he had previously thought about joining the order but stopped his thought train whenever he remembered his father. ”I most certainly have thought about it, but being a mercenary’s become a family tradition and I don’t wanna let it die with me if ya get what I mean. Though I still like to help out those who can’t help themselves, but when you’re not an official people are less likely to trust kindness.” Draven said as he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. He really had thought about it, help in training his magic, learning how to wield his sword better and the comradery that he could gain there were things he dreamt of. But he also loved the free life of the mercenary and to follow in his father’s footsteps was his main goal in life.

”Kilij huh...Well the way you explain it makes it sound hella useful but getting used to to using it must be a pain, I remember trying to deal with the weight distribution on this one.” Draven said as he held his sword up mirroring her own action, though he was sure that he was far less talented than the knight in front of him, but then again so were a lot of people he thought to himself; his thoughts were slowly becoming more sour though he had to change his train of thought so that he didn’t become overwhelmed by the negative thoughts.

”Ah...That sounds hella useful, plus the shape might distract some I guess. Kilij huh, what a dastardly weapon.” Draven mused with a smile on his face, the weapon which seemed strange just seconds ago seemed much “cooler” in his eyes right now. He wanted to see the swords in action...Seeing Avrial changing stance, Draven did the same. He held his sword in right hand, using the left for support along the bottom of the handle where the pinky was right next to the pommel. His right foot was placed in front and upper body turned so that his chest was facing his opponent.

”Yeah, why not. I’ll try not to get overwhelmed, though us mercs have a couple things too.” Draven said in a rare display of prideful defense. ”I’ll take the first move.” He said as he slid his right leg forward ready to thrust his blade forward, pulling it into his chest, before thrusting it forward toward his opponent’s right side however Draven was put off by the difference in her stance compared to the usual opponent he went up against his accuracy was off, a mistake for Draven as he was prepared to have his attack deflected though on the off chance it wasn’t he would stop his sword right before contact.

Draven McNiel
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Avrial Stalinsa on March 28th, 2016, 1:18 pm

Avrial seemed to loose her train of thought as Draven got into the knitty gritty of his decision to choose the mercenary life. For Avrial it was something in his tone of voice or maybe his reaction to her attempted recruitment she didn't take his decision to not take her up on the offer personally either. But there was something there that shell shocked her composure and left her dumbfounded in a contemplative daydream as she lolly gaged over his freedom of choice his ability to decide his own fate and be his own man. She was envious and jealous all at once but in a way that was not driven by contemptuous scorn. How nice it would be to be a bird and fly over the castle walls, to see new lands and taste new foods and new people.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath as she practiced personal restraint from allowing herself to indulge in that emotional vortex of self pity and remorse she was a knight, she was a stalinsa, she should act like it.

Avrial half heartedly listened to Dravens speech about his own sword. As she tried to drink in his form wondering about where he had come from.

Something happened and got in the way of her concentration those delightful little fantasies had clouded her mind. Avrial on the defensive had been lulled to sleep as Draven accepted her gentleman's challenge. Caught off guard by his leather to her plate, he was certainly faster then her. And also caught unawares by the level of skill with his blade, it was insufferable for her pride in the worst way to have her guard breached so nonchalantly. It was to quick to be caught like that so early in the game. She had a look of suprise and humiliation plastered across her face as she was slow to react and was peering at the beam of sunlight that danced on the tip of his sword a mere two or three inches from her neck.

"Ha, looks like you scored the first point Draven your leather makes you nimble . Let's try again shall we? "

She gestured politely for him to continue as she took a step back to gain a little more ground
Avrial Stalinsa
Honor Or Death

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Madeira Dusk on June 19th, 2019, 5:48 pm

Grades Awarded!

Don't forget to edit/delete your grade request!

Draven McNeil

Skills
  • Weapon- Longsword: 3xp
  • Observation: 2xp
  • Socialization: 2xp
  • Tactics: 1xp

Lores
  • Observation: be aware of your surroundings
  • Longsword: basic slash
  • Longsword: one handed style
  • Kilij: unique type of sword
  • Tactics: basic strike

Awards & Retribution

Notes
Hello! I shall be your grader this morning. Our lovely Antipodes has heard your plight and sent me to bestow the gift of sweet loot upon thee. I look forward to lurking through your old stories. :)

If you have any questions or concerns about your grades please let me know. Also, as I see you're a returning character, please, please change the font colour before you use this boxcode again. The green text on a red background is a unique type of hell for us colourblind folk.

Avrial Stalinsa

Please contact me for your grade1
Madeira Dusk
long may she reign

Words: 1599220
Joined roleplay: October 11th, 2016, 7:45 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (3)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Lhavit Seasonal Challenge (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)