Completed A Slow Burn IV

Holiday 12/24-12/27 Challenge

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Slow Burn IV

Postby Tazrae on December 27th, 2020, 9:29 am

Timestamp: 2nd of Winter, 520 A.V.

Continued From: A Slow Burn III

“No…” Duncan’s reply was a rumbled laugh, the corners of his mouth upturned. “It’s a tattoo. But I think you should get one. It’s a tradition.” He added, stroking the same place on her where his was located. “Though I wouldn’t put it at such an obvious place. Maybe lower, on the small of your back. We’ll have to go to The Outpost to find a good artist. There’s no one here in Syka. I’d like to get one too to acknowledge you as my djed daughter.” He said gently, brushing her wayward curly hair out of her face and gently kissing her forehead again.

“Taz… you with me? Are you okay?” He asked gently, giving her a very soft shake. He had not initiated too many people in his life, and none since his accident. He was having a bit of trouble judging if she was okay or locked too deeply in shock. Taz was quiet though, and that gave him cause for concern.

She blinked again, lifted her hands, studying the wounds on them, then brushed her hair out of her eyes to study Duncan. She was still slightly stunned, slightly in shock, but she could feel something inside of her… something at work changing her, altering her internal landscape. She should have been furious at Duncan. He took liberties and had just done things to her that she should have been asked about first. But one look at his tender expression, one that seemed to show pride and admiration, dried up any anger she had a building within herself.

“Is it done?” She asked quietly. “Was that the initiation?” She repeated, blinking, and finding her throat hoarse. He’d just forced Res down her throat and that had made her words raspy. She looked at him, mixed emotions filling her. It was hard to deal with, first, a languid satiated body immediately invaded with Res and altered abruptly, almost violently. He warned her it would be hard – painful even – and her bloody palms and sore throat and core were a testimony to that.

“No, not entirely. We need to find out what your first element is, Tazrae.” Duncan whispered, still rubbing her shoulders. Her palms bled less now and she wondered how he’d cut them for a moment before she realized he must have extruded res into small extremely sharp stone blades and parted the skin that way. She wondered if she dove down to the bottom of the pool if there would be obsidian shards there; still wet with her blood.

“What did you feel when my Res invaded you? Was it cool, solid, wispy or did it burn?” He asked seriously, reaching out to stroke her cheek. She watched him cautiously, not exactly mad at him, just very confused and definitely unsettled. She truly wasn’t even sure what had exactly happened between them. She wanted to ask him, but she needed time to process first.

Word Count: 487
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

A Slow Burn IV

Postby Tazrae on December 27th, 2020, 9:31 am

Today had been… a lot.

“Burn…” She said abruptly. “It burned… like fire. It was a fire invading me.” She said abruptly, sure of it suddenly. Things were growing clearer. Tazrae was feeling more like herself, coming back from whatever place Duncan had driven her with his attention, his affection, and with his Res. “My element is Fire.” She said, sure of it now, though not really understanding how she knew. With each word, her voice came stronger, more firm, transitioning from disorientation to certainty.

Duncan nodded. “Let’s give it a try. You aren’t truly a mage until you’ve made your Res. But be confident, Tazrae. Send your Res away from you before you will it into Fire." He advised; glad they were in the pool. He shifted then, moving to her side rather than facing her. “Feel for your well, pull at it, you know what the djed feels like now… you know what it feels like when it transforms into Res. Take a deep breath and go inside yourself… look inward.” His voice was almost hypnotic. She listened to it and let it led her inward.

Tazrae’s inner landscape was something she hadn’t explored much. She felt herself sinking into her mind, then going deeper, traveling back down her spine into someplace near her heart. She was looking for her power, now knowing what it tasted and sounded and felt like. She reached down into herself, pulling her awareness deep into herself. It felt like forever, and she went deeper and further internally than she’d ever felt before. Then she was within her djed, surrounded by it, treading water in a well of power somewhere in the middle of her core. She visualized herself taking hold of it and blinked herself back into awareness, leaning against Duncan on one side hand outstretched.

She breathed out and the air before her was filled with jewel-toned sunset colors of red, orange, purple Res – wispy and curling – wafted out towards her hand.

“Control it, Tazrae. Send it further, out across the water, past your hand. Then ignite it.” He said, firmly calling instruction. His voice brokered no argument. Duncan knew how dangerous fire was as a first element. The girl would have to deal with it firmly straight from the start.

Tazrae frowned and pressed, her will bending the wispy ethereal mist and sending it outwards, curling away from her. When it was a safe distance, she visualized it igniting and the substance bent to her will and did just that, flaming briefly and vanishing when the Res had nothing to burn and the air caught it up. The fire turned to smoke and then it was gone.

Taz rose in the water and stared at it. She watched the smoke drift off, then turned to Duncan, actually on her feet. He rose to meet her, his face filled with questions. “It lit up, didn’t it?” He asked softly, trying to judge what he was witnessing even though he was sightless and couldn’t read her expression. He smelled the fresh smoke though and was certain she’d been successful. He could feel her tension and he didn’t like it. He’d much rather her be relaxed, victorious, even happy. But she didn’t seem to be that way.

Word Count: 533
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Slow Burn IV

Postby Tazrae on December 27th, 2020, 9:32 am

Her voice broke his concentration. “Its true. I’m really a mage now.” There was wonder and disbelief in her voice. The wonderment reassured him but the disbelief caused amusement.

“Yes, Tazrae. You really are a mage now. And the more you practice the more you will learn. You’ll want to pick up other disciplines… Auristics, maybe Hypnosis. Any discipline will suit you if you put your mind to it. You really are a mage. They exist.” He said firmly, knowing that this would set her apart from others. “I wouldn’t advertise the fact that you’re a mage, either. It sets you apart from others. It has set me apart from others far more than say my blindness ever could.” He said softly, almost regretfully, as Tazrae ran her hands through her hair and looked around.

“I want to do more… know more … I have questions.” She added, turning to stare at him.

Duncan laughed lightly causing Tazrae to smile herself. She was starting to relax. He took her still-bleeding hands in his own and drew her closer. “I’ll be right here to answer them if I can. And to watch over you as you learn. That’s what’s so important about family, Tazrae, and Djedline. We are bound now, whether you like it or not.” He added, suddenly a bit insecure and not sure how the young Innkeeper would feel about being bound to a blind mage. “But first… can we bind these wounds? I have a salve that would be good for them and you’ve been in the water with me along time… your skin is wrinkling.” He said, running his hands over her fingers that were indeed starting to feel like prunes.

Taz nodded and Duncan gripped her hand, turning to lead her from the water. He left her in the shade on a natural stone bench and disappeared into his home to reappear with a small basket of medical supplies and a few blankets over his arm. She sat quietly as he spread salve on the cuts and wrapped them in soft cotton bandages. The salve took the stinging pain away. He was a neat medic, affixing the bandages efficiently and securing them without worry. He even had brought one of the blankets he draped around her shoulders, not because the day was cool, but because she’d been on the verge of shock just mere chimes before.

“Practice the Reimancy, Tazrae. Coat your fires with Res and back away. Will them to ignite when you are at a safe distance. Once fires burn around you, bend them to your will. Learn to control them.” He said, reaching out and tucking a wayward curly lock of hair behind her ear. He caressed her face then, gently, and leaned forward to place a soft kiss on her lips.

“Are you okay? I didn’t hurt you badly did I?” He asked, concerned, almost afraid.

Word Count: 485

Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Slow Burn IV

Postby Tazrae on December 27th, 2020, 9:35 am

Taz shook her head, dropping her bandaged hands to her stomach and stroking them across it. She glanced down and saw fingerprints darkening on her skin at her hips where Duncan had gripped her tightly and held her against him. “I… I don’t know how to ask this. You… my hands… I know you were holding my hands and forcing Res within me through our palms. And you kissed me… and poured it down my throat… I kept swallowing and swallowing but it kept coming. But… lower… did we have… or was it just Res?” She started to ask, then stopped, her cheeks flushing, the question all truncated.

Duncan reached out and stroked her hair one more time, smoothing back the wild toss of half-dried curls. “Yes… we did. I did. I’m not that strong to resist someone like you in my arms. I should have asked you, but I was as lost to it as you were. I hurt you, didn’t I?” He asked, certain now even as she nodded then shook her head as if that was part of her confusion. His voice was infused with sorrow. “I didn’t want that, but it often does the first time for a woman. There is a barrier that is broken the first time and that often causes sharp pain, a soreness that lingers, and a bit of blood. It’s normal.” He answered her question with those words, but also others by his tone. There was no arrogance there, no sense of conquest. There was a tender concern instead.

After a moment, she spoke.

“No, you didn’t really hurt me. I’m sore though. I didn’t know if the Res alone caused that.” She whispered, shifted, and lifted her bandaged hands to her chest cradling them to her. “You… you made me feel incredible, before… before the Res.” She said, finding this conversation awkward, the whole situation uncertain. There should have been more to this… certainly emotion.

Duncan rose then, abruptly, and scooped her up with the blanket and all. He held her one-handed a moment and picked up the other blanket he had brought out and held her to him, shifting her until he could carry her easily. She reached out with a slight squeal and grabbed onto his shoulders as the blind man carried her past The Common Pool and followed a narrow well-worn path east along the stream as it drained from the pool and out into the sea. He carried her for a long while in silence, his feet surefooted on the path despite his blindness.

At the edge of the vegetation leading from the pool to the beach, Duncan sat her on her feet a moment and kicked at the sand until it more resembled a carved-out bench with a backrest. He spread out the blanket on the sand in the shade, and then picked her up again and sat her back down on the blanket. He laid down beside her, curling up and fitting her against his body, cuddling her. “Don’t let it be awkward, Tazrae. It happened. Such things happen between men and women. It wouldn’t be right if I let you wander home now and didn’t take care of you, at least for a little bit.” He said, leaning back and letting her recline against his chest.

Word Count: 550

Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Slow Burn IV

Postby Tazrae on December 27th, 2020, 9:39 am

And suddenly, with those words, things were better. He’d been honest with her, open, and he was stroking her body gently as if he cared. “I’m glad I made you feel good. I planned that. You deserved it. I’m glad I made you a mage too. Syka needs more mages. I could have transitioned you without taking your innocence, but I don’t regret it. I’ve always been thorough. And I think you needed this. Sometimes, when I’m near you… I feel your pain. What caused it?” He asked softly, reaching up and stroking the hair from her face again. He felt, at that moment, incredibly fortunate for the day. It had taken turns that he hadn’t expected. And truthfully, he had no regrets.

Tazrae didn’t know what to say. Duncan was an open book for all that he was a quiet man. The more she thought about it, the more she realized he always had been. He was a wildcard in her life, someone she’d never pictured being in the role she found him in. He was family now, as well as teacher and lover. And as she lay curled against him relaxing in the sand and getting used to all the new things in her life, she decided she’d need to immediately introduce him to Bree. There were other things she wanted to talk to him about, and certainly, she had questions for him. But for now, she yawned, startled at how tired she was suddenly, and equally surprised at how safe she felt curled up against him.

“Take a nap if you want… you’ve earned it. I’ll watch over you as you sleep.” The blind mage said softly, his own questions for her running through his mind. He needed to ask her a few things, talk about the future, and ask her about the other Svefra he suspected she was more than a little in love with. He stroked his hand gently across her breasts, down her ribs, and across her hip. She almost purred as she drowsed, as starved for this kind of attention as he was.

He ran his hand over her stomach then, hesitating in his gentle strokes to cover her womb, offering a little prayer to Kihala that he’d planted life within her. He wanted children, more than he’d ever wanted to admit to himself. And if she hadn’t caught this time, he promised himself there would be other times, hopefully as many as the stars in the sky. He bent over her then, kissing her lips gently. “Sleep.” He whispered one more time, in case she was still awake. And with that word he felt her go limp in his arms, relaxing finally, letting Nysel steal her off to dreams. He wondered if and then hoped that she would dream of him.

In her sleep, the woman smiled. He could feel the smile against his chest where she lay. It brought one to his own face. He would need to protect her. Teaching her magic was just the first step. He hoped when she woke she would feel the very same way.

Continued In: A Slow Burn V

Word Count: 518
Thread Count: 2574

Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

A Slow Burn IV

Postby Tazrae on February 14th, 2022, 4:02 am

Grading

Tazrae-

Reimancy +4, Meditation +1, Arcanology +3

Reimancy: Induction/Sex, Reimancy: Element Fire, Reimancy: Transforming Djed To Res, Reimancy: Extruding Res, Reimancy: Feeling Her Well, Reimancy: Finding Her Core, Mediation: One’s Inner Landscape, Reimancy: Jewel Tones Of Sunset = Res, Reimancy: Controlling Res, Duncan: Says She Must Learn Auristics & Hypnotism, Tazrae: Bound To Duncan Through Djedline, Duncan: Tended Her Induction Wounds, Duncan: Concerned About Her Well Being, Tazrae: Why Virginity Lost Hurts, Duncan: Caring For Her/Tending Wounds

Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes