Open Swim or Sink

Loxcia's first day on the job

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Swim or Sink

Postby Loxcia Campo on April 22nd, 2021, 1:19 pm

22nd, Spring, 521 A.V

Zeltiva, The Center of Healing

Early Morning

With a quickened pep in her step Loxcia walked down West street chin high, shoulders back with a spark of confidence in her brow. She'd been up since the third bell of the morning filled with anticipation. Today was her first day working at Zeltiva's Center of Healing. Ever since she received her starting day, there had been a change in the way she carried herself. A good nights rest followed with a soothing tub bath and breakfast before heading out to the more upscale University campus. Residing on West street for a while now, Loxcia grew accustomed to the bougie-like attire worn by the common Zeltivian. She hadn't been in this quarter for a chime and could smell the stale miza and entitlement pouring from the staff and students alike. She prayed for Laviku to ensure that she did not allow herself to get swallowed up into the same habits.

One couldn't help but admire Zeltiva's historical beauty. The buildings ever changing styles and colors made it as if a story were being told, history being passed down generation to generation. Passing the imaginary border Loxcia found herself at the mouth of the university campus. Her chest thumped with intimidation. The buildings stretched for the clouds with sturdiness and foundation. She'd taken the liberty of giving herself a quick tour prior so she wouldn't be lost, or late realizing that the sixth bell of the morning would ring soon. She scurried like a mouse across the campus entering the large double door of the Healing Center as if her life were being attacked.

Almost instinctively she pivoted away from a large man carrying something larger. Heart still racing, her thoughts scrambled. There were a lot of people in this room. There wasn't much if anything, majority of the space being made up of people alone. A store front for herbs and medicines claimed one side, and the other belonged to a lab of some sort. Following the directions given days before, she pushed forward through to the large double doors that stood opposite of the entrance into an even larger louder room with even more people than before. Cries from one direction went to battle with wails from an opposing patient. Doctors were screaming orders whilst running about white blurs as their lab coats trailed behind them.

" Name? "

The touch from the woman made Loxcia jump. She didn't see let alone hear the woman with all that was going on.

" What is your name sweety? Do we have anyone here that can speak Kontinese!?"

The woman yelled into Loxcia's ear.

- Loxcia, Loxcia Campo. I'm here for the Doctor's A-

" Campo? You must be the new assistant! "

- Yes I am-

" If you walk that way, you should run into the others. Thank you "

Loxcia didn't even bother with responding to the woman. Moving on she gave a quick look around the room. She had to admit, she was impressed. Besides Mura, she didn't think she ever saw a healing center work so efficiently. They were well equipped to deal with just about anything by the looks of it. There were children, adults, even women carrying child. It inspired her a bit. It didn't take long for her to find her group. Unfortunately for her she was the last to arrive. It would seem that everyone decided to show up early and had been waiting for a time by the looks of irritation on their faces.

- I apologize, I thought that I was on time.

" You are on time." The doctor who she assumed was talking seeing that everyone else listened and he was the only person in a lab coat. The bell rang out signaling the time.

" In the medical field Ms. Campo." He read her name from a sheet.

" Being right on time could be too late for a patient. I understand that even though you do possess some skill in medicine, you've never actually worked the field. So let this be a welcome lesson for you. We aim to cure our patients before their time is up, not right on schedule, Understood?"

Loxcia gave a nod

" Good. Since everyone had already been divided up, you will be apart of my group today. We will be working the Infirmary. "

Loxcia could feel the smirks of her peers, her cheeks turning a dark hue from embarrassment. She was on time, how was she supposed to know to show up earlier than early? Taking a breath she concentrated on handwashing. At least she knew something of knowledge towards the profession. Applying soap first she lathered her hands with a bit of water to get the suds going. Roughly rubbing, she cleaned her palms and in between her fingers before scratching each palm to clean her nails. She did this twice, rinsing in between. Following the other assistants, she fetched a cotton cloth to dry her hands. Standing ready to go, she awaited her first patient.
Loxcia Campo
Player

Words: 60037
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2021, 11:47 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Swim or Sink

Postby Loxcia Campo on May 22nd, 2021, 1:30 am

Kontinese

Common

Char

It had taken her a tick or two to notice that she'd been left behind. The group had well on followed their instructor as sheep to a herdsman hanging onto the end of each word he spoke. He was an older man, human. Loxcia mentally spat at the thought of the word. Tall, bald, slender and paler than mist. He wasn't that ugly of a man, she just personally couldn't deal with his ego. With a quickened pace she closed the gap between herself and her peers to catch the ongoing briefing"

" Lastly we have a knife wound, a hunter was attempting to climb a tree says he fell down and ended up with his knife in his back. Since you've finally decided to join us Ms. Campo, you can have that one." Speaking without looking from his paperwork he pointed in a direction for her to follow.

-Guess I'll just run into the guy. she thought to herself. It actually wasn't that hard. There he was, blonde hair, skin sun kissed. His clothes were bloodied from obvious reasons and he sat up strait with his normal arm cuddling his other for support. She didn't know if he was trying to save face or if he were actually that resilient, but he seemed to barely be fazed by the injury. His eyes green and a bit dull widened with relief when she approached.

"You must be my doctor?" He inquired.

-Doctor's assistant. My name is Loxcia, how are you feeling today Mr?

" Assistant? Good enough for me. Mister is my father, you can call me Ser."

He was obviously flirting with her.

"But I feel fine, just an old knife in the back. Thought, better I stab myself in the back than to allow one of my mates to do it eh?"

That was a horrible joke but still she gave him a smile for effort at least.

- Right, well Ser let me get some supplies, return here and send you back on your way.

With another smile and nod she turned in search of supplies. The slavers would have her patch them up after their fights and accidents so a stab wound was something she was accustomed to. The fact it was a knife was icing on the cake. Normally she'd be standing for hours on end picking out glass shards and what ever else they'd managed to get lodged into their bodies. Stretching her focus between getting the job done and bracing for the next strike from removing a shard too roughly. She shook the memory away, focusing on her supplies.

The supply station was easy to find, all she needed to do was follow the other assistants. It was quite impressive, fully stocked with everything one would need and some. She didn't know exactly where everything would be, so she took the necessary things for basic wound care. Soap, clean cloth and bandages for starters. She noticed a bottle of distilled alcohol and decided to take that too.
The supplies were a bit awkward in her hands and even worse in her arms as she waddles through the sea of patients and workers. A panic began to come over her, thinking she'd gotten lost in the crowd but soon she found Ser still sitting where she'd left him.

" I don't think we need all of that, do you?"

- This is the bare minimum. We will need to clean it, Laviku knows what's been on that blade before it went into you. After we clean it, we will need to sterilize it...That may hurt a bit.

Her excitement quickly diminished into a soft spoken tone. The wails of the slavers pain echoed into her ears. Hair on the back of her neck stiffened, the weight of a hand stinging the side of her face. She slipped back to reality long enough to notice Ser looking at her as if she'd grown another head. Blinking her thoughts away, she continued to set her supplies down now quicker than before.

- Excuse me Ser, I have to go wash my hands.

Before he could reply she was gone.

- You can do this Loxcia, you've done it before. There isn't even any punishment for failure this time.

She placed her hands in the wash basin then lathered them with soap. It reminded her of the blood she washed from her own wounds and others who fell victim to the slaver's rage.

- Laviku, please give me strength. Calm me, comfort me, bring me peace as you do the tides.

With a breath, she turned and made her way back to her patient. He was still there, waiting. Maybe he really did need the help to remove the knife, or he was still trying to flirt with her. Either way it didn't matter because the floor doctor was now speaking to him. Her heart dropped, she'd already made a bad impression by showing up late, or on time, however he put it. All she needed was a bad report from a patient and she was out of here. She swallowed the lump in the throat which she was almost positive was her heart.

She had to know what they were discussing. Standing behind a standing shelf, she began to focus. It had been seasons since she used her gift. Slavers, being the drunks they were, became easy targets. Someone random though was yet to be tested. She closed her eyes and focused.

-Ser

She allowed his name to echo in her mind. His face. Banana blonde hair, green eyes, tan skin. His build slender, or was he more muscular? He was definitely small framed, but it could have been his posture. She struggled to focus, her eyes giving a heavy twitch to her failing to enter the sight.

"I need two rolls of bandages!" she heard someone yell before giving up. Right now wasn't the time nor place to try using her gift. There was too much going on for her to focus. If it were anything bad she would just have to face the music.
A breath and a smile, she walked up to the bed.

- Hello doctor, I see you've met Ser.

"Yes, I've met Mr. Ser. We were just talking about you."

" Don't worry beautiful, I told him you're taking care of me. Didn't know it was your first day. Guess it's fate we met huh?"

"Please don't harass my staff Mr. Ser."

" I hear you Doctor Midwife."

Loxcia gave a snort that gained a look from the doctor.

"Please see to him quickly, we have other patients that need assistance."

-Yes Doctor Mid-

She caught herself before she could finish the sentence.

"Aye, let ye balls drop lassy" Ser encouraged.

The doctor exited the situation red faced.

"He needs a woman in his life." Ser joked.

"So, you ready to patch me up?"
Loxcia Campo
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Swim or Sink

Postby Loxcia Campo on May 22nd, 2021, 2:54 am

Kontinese

Common

Char

She didn't want to ask. If she were to ask if would make it awkward so would leave the topic alone and just focus on her work. Hands cleaned, supplies in reach, she observed the wound. It was a small knife, she didn't know what kind but it was simple fix. She gently touched the area, Ser jumped.

-I'm sorry, how bad is the pain?

" It isn't too bad, just tender is all."

It did appear to be swollen. There was a half dry stream of blood running down his left flank which explained the blood trail on his clothing. The knife wasn't too deep. Looking at it she could almost see the tip. He was pretty strong, his back muscles flexed around the wound. He did say he was a hunter.

- So where were you hunting?

" Up in the Zastoska Mountains. There's a mountain range and valley's there, but that's up towards Miharil's pass. I wouldn't recommend going up that far, unless you're looking for that kind of experience."

-Why not?

Ser winced again to Loxcia's touch only this time she rested her hands on the outer area of the injury. Slowly, carefully, she gripped the hilt of the knife and waited, still as stone whilst Ser continued.

" As enticing as Zeltiva is m'lady, the area past Miharil's pass is home to some of the things you see in your nightMARESS."

She pulled the knife out with one swift move.

"SHYKE!" He let out.

"LANGUAGE!." The floor doctor bellowed. Loxcia flinched bracing to be strike. It wasn't until she heard to continuous whines that she realized she had nothing to fear. Continuing, she took the cloth and, Petch she forgot water.

- Wait here one chime. Ser nodded in understanding.

She took hold the wooden bucket that sat near and rushed to the clean water basin. She gave a quick dip almost splashing water onto the floor and hurried back to Ser. Dipping the cloth into the water she began lather and clean the wound. It wasn't deep so there was no need for stiches, there would probably be a scar from how long the scratch appeared to be. A simple clean and patch.

"Ahha that's cold. Why did you ask though? Do you hunt?"

- No, but I do use a bow and would like an area to practice.

" Then yea that would be the perfect place. There's a wagon that travels up to a Lumber yard. Takes a few bells to get there, but it will put you up in the woods as well as a familiar area."

She considered his advice, making a mental note before taking the alcohol. Two dips on the cloth, she was firm with her hand as she tapped the wound. She could see his jar tense up from the pain. Loxcia never understood why men always had to show off. If it hurt then it hurt. No shame in expressing pain. It was an emotion just as happiness, sadness, or anger. Still, would she consider courting a man that cried over the simplest of injuries? Having cleaned the wound and sterilized it she applied the bandage.

- Alright, all done. If you wait here, the doctor will be with you to give any further instruction.

"Thank you ma'am."

With a smile she went and dumped her bucket into the dirty water basin. Collecting her supplies, returning them to their designated areas, the cloth was placed into the linen bucket. Visiting the wash basin once more, she lathered and rinsed her hands again. Giving them a pat dry, she searched the room for further instruction herself.
Loxcia Campo
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Swim or Sink

Postby Rohka on May 24th, 2021, 5:00 am

Today would be the day she would checkout of the Centre.

Rohka refused to continue treatment. Refused to continue making gel. Refused to keep coming back to her room, only to be told that she was still in the process of 'healing'.

What in the world did healing even mean at this point?

The sybil had gotten out of her patient room that morning, determined to find a doctor who would let her leave. She needed to find someone she hadn't already spoken to yet. She also needed someone to direct her towards where she could find Krishveth. The sybil was finally able to think clearly and she would demand answers if she had to. There was no use in any form of subtlety at this point. Rohka Calico had just two goals that day:

1. Be declared 'healed' by a verified doctor
2. Get a doctor to mediate a conversation between herself and Krishveth

She was dressed in plain beige patient clothes of no particular form, with none of her curves accentuated, and her hair tied up in a bun with a cord given to her by a kind nurse who saw how frustrated she got every time the strands fell into her bowl as she threw up a glowing meal. Her face was slightly puffy from having slept too much, and her arms were less thin than they'd been the season before, since she'd been eating more in order to throw up more.

Pretending to take a casual stroll, Rohka smiled at passersby as she walked along the hallways, searching for a sign.

As she walked she took in the artwork on the walls. One of them had a painted scene of mountains. Pretty standard, with a fairly simple titled etched into the frame: Rising Over Zatoska. Rohka didn't recognize the artist's signature. Below the title seemed to be a dedication of sorts: To My Beloved, Charm Wright. There, in the painting, she admired the foothills and what appeared to be a simple sketch of an open estate of sorts, settled amongst an expanse of colour. Rohka took another moment to admire the artist's work before moving along again.

At another entrance to an even wider hallway, there was a small statue of a pair of fish, intertwined, as if dancing together. Rohka grinned seeing this, and went close enough to touch the stone. It was smooth like marble, the light blue of it striking her as if it was made of water. Above it was a plaque, with script etched into the gold plating: Understood, By Loveeku.

The sybil though this one to be strange, having been created with a special, unidentifiable form of magic, perhaps. The artist's name reminded her too much of the God of the Sea, and yet again, she grinned, now glad that she'd taken moments to just drink in surroundings that typically went so unnoticed. If this wasn't a sign of healing, then what was?

Just then, in the corner of her dark eyes, she caught a glimpse of an open door into a room she'd never entered before. With no one guarding the door and most people minding their own business, Rohka took a look around her to check if she was being watched before swiftly entering what looked to be a bit of a busy place. There was a woman close by, certainly a stranger by all accounts, but by the looks of it, the sybil guessed that she was perhaps a Konti, having taken a look at the scales along her neck and arms. Rohka was stunned for a tick, curious for a another tick, and nosy in the next, seeing the scar across the woman's face.

"Hi there," said the sybil, her voice slightly whispering as she walked closer to where the Konti stood. Rohka wasn't doing a very good job of being discreet, despite her earnest attempt at pretending that she belonged in the room they both stood inside.

"i'm looking for a doctor that can just tell me that I'm healed, for all the Gods' sakes. You seem like you're a Konti, yes? Do you think you could help me figure this out?" Rohka didn't care if she sounded rude, intrusive, awkward, or downright unstable. The young Calico was determined, and was at a point where she was willing to forge paperwork if she had to, in order to prove to herself that she was in fact fully healed and able to live without any more treatments. No more dragging herself into a patient bed every night. No more throwing up gel. No more 'healing exercises'. Rohka had a will, and Rohka would use it to find a way.

"I'm also looking for a ghost. Is there a spirit ward I can find here? I can share a name, if it helps. I'm Rohka. And you are?"
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Swim or Sink

Postby Loxcia Campo on May 25th, 2021, 3:11 pm

Hi there, 'm looking for a doctor that can just tell me that I'm healed, for all the Gods' sakes. You seem like you're a Konti, yes? Do you think you could help me figure this out? I'm also looking for a ghost. Is there a spirit ward I can find here? I can share a name, if it helps. I'm Rohka. And you are?

If Loxcia wasn't as excited as she was to get something done, she probably wouldn't have heard the breeze of the woman's voice, and if she hadn't heard her, she definitely wouldn't have seen her. She was small, and that said something coming from the small-framed Konti. The woman, Row-kah, was the first, and only person Loxcia had seen in a gown since she'd arrived this morning. Was she a patient? If so, where did she come from? There was a rather unpleasant smell that announced itself when the woman spoke, and though she approached with kindness, Loxcia could see the stress in her face.

The gown draped over her body like a hunter wearing the pelt of a massive animal, swaying this and that way as Rohka moved and gestured. Face swollen, eyes puffy she either was sick or had to be crying earlier. Tiredness was obvious and she did look to have lost weight too fast. Malnutrition maybe? The.. What ever she was, eyes widening at the scaly tail peaking from under the back of the gown, definitely looked like she needed a doctor, maybe the gods too. She had never seen a person with such a 'unique' feature.

- Laviku please assist me in helping this woman with her needs.

A quick prayer. Finishing her visual inspection of Rohka, Loxcia did see that she continued to keep herself up even with her enigmas. Her hair tied up into a bun, and though her face was shifted, the Konti could see that the woman was clean for the most part and had somewhat of a determined look in her eyes. Wiping her hand on her uniform she extended it to properly introduce herself.

- Hello Rokah, I'm Loxcia. It's a pleasure to meet and assist you.

She needed to get a doctor, having made a checklist of the woman's requests. Instantly, Doctor mid-wife came to mind forcing an eye roll. She did a quick double take around the room hoping to spot another white lab coat but those that she did see were either already with a patient or a group of students giving lessons. Dreading to bite the arrowhead and just asking her doctor she saw she had no other choice. Her chest rose and lifted with the decision she was now forced to take.

- If you can sit here, I can go and find someone for you.

Before the woman could respond Loxcia was off. She'd been standing around long enough to create mental landmarks in order to navigate her new surroundings. She remembered seeing the doctor over by the supply station so that's where she would start. He was not there so she continued her search. She'd managed to do half a lap before coming towards the entrance of the ward where she'd met the front desk receptionist. To save herself the trip around the rest of the room, and the hassle of actually locating the doctor. There was a line, but it moved impressively fast. She'd seen other assistants just walk up and pull the woman from her job, but Loxcia found that rude not only to the woman's proffession, but as well as the people in search of medical attention. So she stood in line as everyone else did and waited her turn. She just hoped that Rohka didn't think she abandoned her and wondered elsewhere.

Now that she thought about it, Rohka was the first person she'd actually met in Zeltiva. She prayed that she could help her with her issue what ever it was she clearly needed medical attention of some sort even if she only needed to be released. Loxcia played in her hair wondering if she could get it to match the style her newfound patient sported. It would be nice to treat herself out for a change, never really having a need or a way to be more truthful, since her formally renowned status. Before she realized it the desk was in front of her.

" Goodmorning, name, race, age, and reason for visiting."

The woman didn't look up from her desk to realize it was Loxcia.

- Good morning, I need to find a doctor.

" If you could just answer my questions I could further assist you."

Frustrated, she walked away. That was the second time she was blatantly rude. Mumbling swears under her breath she continued with the second half of her lap. She'd stop to ask other doctors, but they were either too busy or told her to find the doctor she assisted, the lazy bastards. Seeing no other option, she'd decided to take matters into her own hands. Moving at a quicker than usual pace, hair floating behind her, she hurriedly returned to her; Patient? Seeing that she was the only one who cared enough to take the task blocking all the thoughts of consequence for acting without doctor's orders.

Loxcia smiled, genuinely when she saw that Rohka hadn't moved from where she'd been left. Taking a breath and releasing the nervousness coursing through her veins, she approached the woman thinking on how to further access the situation.

- Um, I couldn't find a doctor that was free to help, but I can try and assist you if you could tell me what's wrong. This is actually my first day so I haven't really gotten to know the ins and outs of the building yet, but if you feel and appear healthy, I see no issue with helping you leave.

Loxcia retrieved gloves from her pockets, equipping them before feeling Rohka's forehead, first with her palm then the back of her hand. She didn't feel hot, and showed no sure sign of fever. She just looked like shyke.

- How long have you been here? Were you admitted?

Loxcia then held a finger up motioning for Rohka to follow. One direction with her eyes, then the opposite direction with her entire head. A few more times would ensure that her coordination and cognitive abilities were okay as well.

- About the topic of the ghost. I don't know if they have a 'ghost ward' here or how to find one, but if I may inquire as to why are you in search of one?

Loxcia knew she wasn't supposed to pry into patient business, but then again she wasn't supposed to examine or diagnose a patient without doctor's orders. As far as she knew, ghosts weren't the best of beings to interact with, or at least from the stories she's heard. She continued with her examination, feeling the woman's arms and legs, checking for broken bones, sprains, or strains. She noticed the tail, but was too confused and a bit creeped out to know where to start. Even though she looked like a ghost in her draping gown, Rohka was pretty tone and in shape having some muscle definition in her arms and lean legs that Loxcia assumed was for running or some type of game or sport.

-You must be a strong swimmer. She joked. Finishing her examination, she really couldn't find anything wrong with her besides some general hygiene.

- I'm no doctor, just an assistant so I don't have the authority to allow you leave especially if you're an admitted patient, but I can't find anything drastically wrong with you. How do you feel, and why do you feel that you should be discharged?
Loxcia Campo
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Swim or Sink

Postby Rohka on May 29th, 2021, 9:40 pm

Rohka blinked quickly, surprised and then embarrassed by the formality before extending her hand as well, not noticing that the woman had wiped it on her uniform and completely forgetting where her own hands had been previously. She shook it almost automatically, like it was something she knew she forgot to do and then was doing because it was expected.

Locks-seeya. The sybil had never heard a name like that before, but smiled after hearing it. Immediate familiarity to Lelia came to mind, but this Konti was different. She wasn’t as pale. In fact, she noticed now that her skin seemed to hold more tones of red while her eyes were a shade of purple that she likened to violet flowers she’d remembered from the woods in Ravok. Hearing the Konti’s greeting, Rohka let go of her hand and continued smiling politely, being relieved that she had found someone who seemed to be able to assist.

If you can sit here, I can go and find someone for you.

And then the Konti woman left. Rohka studied the room she was in, found a wooden bed frame without a mattress, and half sat, half leaned against the corner post as she watched Loxcia search the area. The view of the ward was obstructed by several things happening at once, and the sybil decided to meditate as she waited.

The thing about meditation, Rohka realized, was that even in the midst of the most stressful, painful, hurtful, and craziest moments of life, there was always more to notice. Attention was like a resource that she always found a way to train, to focus, and to manipulate, in ways she still found to be more useful than not. In this case, as the sybil breathed in and breathed out, she found herself hearing the creaking of the frame she leaned against. She found herself noticing that it was a curious sound, and felt herself realizing the slight unpleasantness. Rohka rocked slightly, the bottom of her tail moving to encircle the base of the post while focusing her attention on the squeaking sound before turning that same attention onto the feeling of unpleasantness.

She acknowledged the feeling. She continued to acknowledge the feeling, as she continued to rock back and forth. Soon, she found that it didn’t bother her anymore. It was just a sound. Probably because the post was rubbing against a nail, or just simply poor workmanship. It was a hospital, and an old hospital at that. The staff probably didn't care so much about the conditions, as long as the patients were handled well. In any case, by the time Rohka was at peace with the noise, the Konti had returned.

“Thank you, Luxcia,” said the sybil in Kontinese, after hearing that Loxcia saw no issues with helping herself leave the Healing Centre. It was an assumption that needed to be confirmed as to whether this woman would recognize the language, while simultaneously a means to provide her sincere gratitude for the help in the search.

As the standard forehead check was done, Rohka answered the woman’s first questions.

“I’ve been here since last fall, and admittedly, I can’t say I know how or when I was first checked in to the centre,” said Rohka, looking up at the Konti. “I was sick. I kept falling into unconsciousness. I remember a few things from the journey, and some things are harder for me to understand. The doctors took someone away from me. His name is Krishveth. I’m trying to find him.”

In the last sentence, Rohka broke concentration on the task Loxcia was having her follow, and her eyes went up to look at the ceiling.

It was high. The intricate architecture was beyond her current level of understanding, but it fascinated her. Her sight absentmindedly followed the beams before Loxcia’s next question registered in her mind.

“Oh,” she began, bringing her attention back on the Konti. “Because Krishveth is…” her voice trailed off, she found herself feeling a desperate hunger in her stomach and she groaned, a great fatigue overcoming her while the woman examined her limbs.

“I’m sorry,” said Rohka, her voice straining to form the words and her lips forced into a smile. “Not a swimmer. Love the shores, though. Lived by the Lake. Lake Ravok,” said the sybil, reminiscing a part of her past.

Rohka found herself noticing that she’d been sitting and decided to stand after hearing that the Konti couldn’t find anything wrong. This felt like progress.

“I feel angry, frankly. I keep coming back here to be treated and to sleep at night because this is where my guide left me, telling me that this was where I needed to heal. I’m wondering what that means, though. It’s funny,” she paused, bringing a hand up to check her own forehead, covering it, feeling its warmth. She began to remember being inside of a cave.

“I remember something my great grandmother told me once. Have you ever heard of soul healing? There’s a goddess, her name is Rak’keli. I was told that my great grandfather was marked by that goddess, and that he was trying to figure out what soul healing entailed. He worked at the Stone Quarry here in Zeltiva before he came to Ravok, got married, and spent a lot of time supporting my great grandmother’s business while he worked on his craft. To be honest, now that I’m thinking about it, I don’t quite know what regular healing really means. I know you said it’s your first day, and that you’re an assistant, but if you were to imagine yourself as a doctor someday, what does healing mean to you?” she asked, curiously.

“I ask because I feel like I need to know the answer in order to convince a doctor that I should be discharged,” said the sybil, decidedly.

Near the end of any answer that the Konti provided, a set of individuals would be carrying a body over to the vacant patient bed beside them in a hurry.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Swim or Sink

Postby Loxcia Campo on May 31st, 2021, 6:33 am

Kontinese
Common
Char

“Thank you, Luxcia,”

Rohka spoke Kontinese. This put Loxcia at ease a bit knowing that she could communicate more naturally with the strange looking woman. She tried to follow the story being told at the best of her ability, but there wasn't enough to go on to give any real advice.

-Well, if you are sure that you checked yourself in, then just check yourself out. Unless you're admitted for a direly important reason, they can't hold you hostage. "Unless you're crazy"

She thought the last part to herself. She highly doubted it, still one couldn't be too sure. Loxcia stood quietly listening to Rohka talk of how her guide brought her here to Heal. Krishveth, she mentioned the name before trailing off. Was this mystery man her spouse? A companion or child even? She couldn't help Rohka if she didn't know what was going on, and there were a myriad of things going on currently, giving a glance to the tail that moved as she spoke.

Loxcia wasn't stupid though it took her a tick or two to start piecing things together. Asking about a ghost ward, no known knowledge of past experiences, this Krishveth fellow she mentioned as her "Guide.". She was no expert, but that sounded like the things a person would suffer when interacting with ghost. There was a slight weight change in the room as she processed the thought. Loxcia never had an experience with those of the afterlife though she often prayed for her mother's spirit to visit her at times. Unsure of how to approach the topic, the Konti continued to listen.

“I remember something my great grandmother told me once. Have you ever heard of soul healing? There’s a goddess, her name is Rak’keli. I was told that my great grandfather was marked by that goddess, and that he was trying to figure out what soul healing entailed. He worked at the Stone Quarry here in Zeltiva before he came to Ravok, got married, and spent a lot of time supporting my great grandmother’s business while he worked on his craft. To be honest, now that I’m thinking about it, I don’t quite know what regular healing really means. I know you said it’s your first day, and that you’re an assistant, but if you were to imagine yourself as a doctor someday, what does healing mean to you? I ask because I feel like I need to know the answer in order to convince a doctor that I should be discharged.”

To imagine herself as a doctor. Doctor, the word seemed to be a stranger yet too familiar to the young lady. Yes she did have the knowledge and skill to "doctor", and heal other's back to health, but that was because it's what she was accustomed to. She could hear the words of her first master. An honest man who was just as evil, the worst type. She respected his honesty though. There was never a maybe with him. If he was going to hit you, he was going to hit you. If he said he wasn't, then he wouldn't. That didn't meant that one of his lesser wouldn't carry out the deed later, which in most cases is how it would end. Still though he was honest. She could then recall some of the first words he'd ever say to her.

"You're a Konti eh." She could still hear the heathen in his voice.

"Too inexperienced to manage. I don't sell children's bodies, so you're too young to bed. Too weak for labor. Too smart to be trusted, and no Konti ability worth having around. Now tell me lass, what weight do you carry on this ship? Even the youngest of children clean our boots at a beckoned call. Why shouldn't I use your blood as chum! And sell yer scales as jewelry?"

By the grace of the gods if she'd hadn't noticed that open wound when she did, then she probably wouldn't have been here. Since that faithful day she'd been a "doctor" to those that needed it. She was all about helping others, and had not realized until now, speaking with Roha that it wasn't because she wanted to, not because she was marked to do so by the gods, not because it was her life long dream or passion. She was a healer by force. It was either help them live or no longer live herself. Her chest jolted a bit holding back a whimper. She would cry later. Right now, she needed to figure out what she was going to do about Rohka who was mentioning soul healing and the gods.

-I don't know much of anything about soul healing, let alone anything of the gods other than Laviku and Avalis. That was a very interesting story of your grandfather, and by the sounds of it, this guide of yours probably meat here as in Zeltiva itself and not a specified area.

She was as sure as Laviku was a god that Rohka's guide fellow was a ghost. Anxiousness began to stir. If Rohka knew a ghost, maybe that ghost knew her mother, or had some information as to how she could locate her. Quickly she pulled herself back from her thoughts finishing her answer to the questions being asked.

- Healing to me. Taking a pause to think the question over.

- Healing to me means to assist anyone in what ever way possible to ensure that they feel healthier and happier by their own justifications and standards. And that was the truth. Loxcia believed in freedom of choice. Everyone lived their lives differently, experienced things differently so what one person would classify as "Healthcare", another would deem torture. For some, medication would be considered a form of healing, while for others that would oppose medicine would look into meditation as another form. The healthcare world was full off possibilities and constantly growing knowledge, so the word healing could have a myriad of terms depending on who you asked.

- If I may give some insight of the record. Loxcia moved in closer so she could be heard.

- It sounds as if you're "sickness" isn't something physical, but so much as spiritual if that makes sense after listening to your story. I know not the beginning or end of ghosts and how they operate, but if you're symptoms noticeably started after you arrived here, then I'd look into the quarry if I were you. Who knows, maybe your friend is there?

She took another pause, the thought of meeting her mother's ghost returning to the front of her mind. She bit her tongue whilst looking around the room. Still packed, still busy. No one had the time to leisure about, everyone's attention was stuck on something.

"Out of the way!"

Just as quick as she'd heard the voice she had even less time to barely escape the body being brought in and aggressively plopped onto the empty bed next to herself and patient. She had no time to brace, the severity of the situation nearly turned her pale white. There was nothing, and that was an understatement. It was enough to identify that the bloody heap was, correction still currently a person from the wails of agony managing to escape from their lungs. It was a woman, ripped to shreds. There was too much blood to clearly see the wounds, but from how her skin tore, and the way that the blood splattered against her skin, Loxcia could tell that something tore through her flesh. Shock had set in and passed before she managed to get any words out.

-What happe-

- I mean, what happened?

"We don't know, got a message via currier about a body up near Mihral's pass. Something obviously got her, this is exactly how we found her!"

The man giving the report had to yell over the victim's screams. The noise of the room had nearly ceased, everyone's attention turning to the wails coming from the one side of the room. Then, Loxcia had an idea. She looked to Rohka for a time. Long enough for her to notice, but not too long to make it obvious or at least she hoped the fatigued woman could receive her signals.

-It's okay ma'am! We are going to. Get. You. Out of here.! Loxcia yelled to the still screaming woman whilst her head turned making it seem as if she were speaking into the ear, but in fact was still glancing towards Rohka. This was their shot. A small window to freedom. She began to feel the same flutters from the night she jumped ship. She didn't know if Rohka spoke the truth, but also had no reason to no believe her. And honestly she did. Since she arrived in this city, Loxcia always did have the slight feeling that there were things going about behind the scenes. First the docks, now this. It obviously wasn't coincidence, so now she would take a chance. If everything went right, hopefully everything would go right, and she would be one step closer to her mother.

Moving quickly, naturally. It had to be natural. She removed her assistant's coat, a normal white lab coat with the word "assistant" stitched into the right breast of the garment and tossed it to Rohka. She said nothing to the woman only throwing it with the motion as a swordsman would give fellow ally one of his weapons to use and a nod.

- Two assistants here to help! My name is Loxcia, Loxcia Campo. This is another assistant that started with me today. We're ready to jump in. Moving frantically she took hold of Rohka's wrist, dragging the woman along behind her. Damn, she was light, Loxcia feeling herself nearly dragging the woman around behind her. She just needed Rohka to hold it together.

-Listen, I don't know what's going on, but I believe you. I plan on helping you get out of here, get some food in your stomach, help you recover and even help you search for..Your guy. She forgot the name of the person the tail having woman was in search of.

- All I ask for in return is help as well. I'm looking for someone too, and you seem to be a lot better off than me currently.

Hands moving as fast as she spoke, she collected a bottle of distilled alcohol from the supply station and a cloth before pulling Rohka back in the direction they came.

- Just look like you belong and by the grace of Laviku, hold it together.

Loxcia wasn't proud of what she was about to do, but it would have to be done if she wanted answers. She learned at a young age that once and a while, sacrifices would have to be made. Whether it were monetary, emotional, or physical a price would have to be paid. Whoever this woman was, was the payment.

-We brought something to clean the wounds!

Loxcia barged into the group of men still trying to calm the woman down so they may administer care. Nervousness and guilt began to mix. She watched as the woman writhed in pain.

- Look at her even when bloodied and torn still, entitled. A team of doctors running to her beckoning call. Where were your doctors? You've experienced this pain every waking day and didn't weep this loud. She is weak and needs to be shown so. Like many others she's forgotten how to appreciate life because like many other she's forgotten how to respect pain. Now show her, teach her the lessons pain teaches.

She was supposed to dampen the cloth. It was supposed to be a simple mistake, just a little bit to get her going. To really have her be the center of attention. Words were being said but she did not hear them. She only watched as the woman twisted and turned. Her soul trying to leave her body only to realize that it's still trapped within. Stuck in the feelings of the underworld wishing to be put out of it's misery. Music to her ears. It wasn't until she smelled the strong stench that she realized that a good amount of the bottles contents had already made it's way out of the bottle and onto the woman splashing about. Shocked Loxcia let go of the bottle, glass shattering across the floor.

"Petching shyke! What are you doing?

"Language!"

"Shyke" She cursed out loud. It was doctor-midwife. She turned almost right into his face as it loomed over the situation. His eyes moved like a hawks over her first, then Rohka, then the patient and other doctors moving frantically, cursing the Konti for her episode.

"What is going on here?"

-W-w-w

"We got a body up here from the mountains, pretty bad. We need all the experienced hands we got. And for the love of the gods get these two 'assisssstances' out of the way, they're causing more harm than good."

It was the way that the doctor carried the word. Making it clear that they were not wanted. While this was exactly what she'd hoped would happen, she didn't expect for her boss to finally show up. The more she thought on it she became upset. Where was he when she needed him? There was a creeping feeling upon her neck that shuddered itself away. Doctor-midwife looked as if he'd been waiting to scold her since she arrived and if he had the time to, he would have chewed her a new one, but he dismissed them with a very firm.

"Ms. Campo can you please! Remove yourself and let more skilled professionals work." She moved to explain that she was only trying to help, which were her actual intentions. She had no idea as to where that came from. And that voice that she heard as clear as day. She was more confused now than ever. The look on the doctors face though told her that she was running on limited time before further repercussions followed. Taking two steps back to take hold of Rohka, she scurried off towards the exit.

- You know where the exit is right? Look like you belong.

Loxcia tried to move in sync with the dragging Rohka. She was nervous but they'd made it thus far. She only hoped they could make it out without any further incident.
Loxcia Campo
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Swim or Sink

Postby Rohka on June 3rd, 2021, 10:16 pm

Look like you belong.

The sybil tripped over herself clumsily, a bit of a laugh on her face as she began to realize that she was being properly dragged. It took a few more ticks to get a hold of herself and to start running in tandem with the woman taking her out amongst the madness she’d all but created.

To belong here was never her goal.

She saw the need, though. She saw the need to ‘look’ like she belonged. It was the only way to ever be believed in full. It was the way to play nice, to follow rules, to be part of the larger goals of the space being occupied. To the sybil, there was a sense of relief in the thought that she’d finally left a place where she was always having to ‘look’ like she belonged. Knowing that the ring’s magic was simply a part of her now… it was a knowledge that drove her need to sincerely feel a true sense of belonging in the depths of her heart and soul.

She was tired of pretending.

Jerking the woman’s hand, Rohka stopped in her tracks to talk. In that moment, the young Calico was sure she was on the verge of words she couldn’t take back, words that would be unpolished, raw, and biting.

“What the petch are you thinking, just leaving here like that? After what you said about healing? You’re just going to listen to that doctor swat you away?” For a moment she recalled the speech pattern she heard from the doctor, and it broke her concentration before she focused on Loxcia again. “After seeing that bloodied mess of a being from the mountains? Don’t you want to get better at your petching job? You told her you’d get her out of here and then you leave her to help me. How am I going to believe you now? I swear on Rhysol, I—“

A passing coat, similar to hers. “You,” said Rohka, her mind fixed, getting in the stranger’s path.

“Sorry love, I need to—“

“You see that woman over there? You’re going over to help, aren’t you?”

“Yes, so can you pl—“

“What do they need us to do?”

Rohka gestured at the Konti before looking over her shoulder to lock eyes and hope that her commitment to stay was clear. She then looked back at the stranger that was dressed in a coat with her hair in numerous tiny braids and freckles across her face. Built slightly stocky, in her arms were what looked like a bundle of cloths.

Her brows raised, the stranger muttered a few words in Fratava under her breath as she adjusted the weight in her hands. With the basics she picked up from her childhood in the trade of lumber, all Rohka could make out were the words ‘usually faster’, and with this, the sybil squinted her eyes and held out her hands.

“Let me help carry these. What else?”

The freckled woman let out a sigh, gave her half the pile, and directed the pair to the supply station again.

“Honey. Need more. She needs to stop making noise.”

“Okay. Lox,” said Rohka, her unconscious tendency to shorten names getting the best of her in that moment. “I’ll transfer this bundle over. Can you get the honey?” The sybil paused for a fraction of a tick before continuing:

“Oh, and I’ll help you find your someone.”

With that, she turned, not waiting for an answer as she walked away, a lock of hair falling out of place from the knot held loosely together atop her head.

______

…just check yourself out.

…they can’t hold your hostage.

The words Loxcia spoke replayed over and over in her mind as Rohka acted the part of the ‘assistant’. More pretending. She refused to leave here under a pretence. She knew she needed a doctor and she knew she needed her ‘healed’ status given to her in writing. That was that. Otherwise, she could tell that her mind would be practically desperate to come back here, to the Healing Centre, for the help she was getting through Markham’s influence. She was beginning to remember better again, and beginning to find the strength to explore more, to speak with others, to learn, to move forward in life. She’d even continued giving readings in the name of The Mystic Eye.

Yet still, the internal gnawing didn’t stop. There was relief, brief relief, when she’d throw up that gel-like substance. But then there were nights, long nights, where she’d toss, turn, groan, yearn, and fall away into dreams that she’d have trouble remembering the next day.

“By the looks of it, it seemed she may have gotten in a tousle with a creature using her like a teething toy,” said a man, whispering to someone else that was pulling strands out of a bundle. “She’s lucky she’s got any life in her.”

“Hush now, save your judgement and do your job. In the name of Rak’keli, one needs to love life in all its uncertainty. The woman will probably have a healer come by soon enough. I wouldn’t be surprised if Mistress Teeva herself took care of it. Being favoured by the Goddess, she could do this in a far simpler manner.” said the other, whispering back.

Rohka overheard what was being said from the people helping out at the front lines as she picked up supplies, dirtied tools, and discarded pieces to be cleaned. She took the pile in her arms and carried them all back to the supply station to have it washed and dried.

As she sat on the ground, away from the patient, she’d think through what her next steps might be in this charade she was now a part of. In front of her was a bucket of soapy water into which she put in the stock of things that were used to patch up the wounds. She sat there, scrubbing, making sure to wash away as much of the blood as she could. They’d need to use these again, and she’d seen the state of some of these things when she’d observed the place over time. She wished she could just do it herself, having noticed the dirt still left on them. She was glad she was taking the opportunity now, at least, so that if the doctors were to use these tools on herself, she could at least be satisfied knowing that they were thoroughly scrubbed.

The sybil wondering if the ‘Mistress’ would indeed come by. Perhaps someone like that could give her the assurance she needed. Would a healer marked by Rak’keli know anything about the spiritual side of healing?

It was then that she remembered what Loxcia said about perhaps finding answers in the quarry. Maybe she’s right. I’ll have to check it out, at the very least.

Whether the Konti joined her again at the supply station or whether she was elsewhere, Rohka would be sure to find a moment with her.

"I'm sorry. I know you were trying to help. I've known where the exit was, of course. I've left here before, but I always come back for the night. I try not to leave too often. I used to get tired easily, but that's changing now, thankfully, which I'm sure is a sign that I don't need to be here anymore. If I can just talk to Krishveth, or at the very least," she said, pausing, her hands trailing over the cord around her neck from which the bloodstone hung, under her gown, still waiting to be destroyed.

"Look, if you really want to help me get out of here, there's a few things you should know. One is that I used to be a fortune teller in Ravok. I still am a fortune teller, and I work for The Mystic Eye. The Konti who ran the business, Lelia is her name, she taught me a lot of what I know now. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be here in Zeltiva at all if she didn't agree to take me on as an employee. The second thing you need to know is that there's a job I haven't finished yet. When I was in Ravok, a child asked me for a reading while I was praying at the Temple of Rhysol. That child wanted it to be a sacrificial ritual. It was my first time doing one of those, and," she paused again, an image of herself scrubbing harder to get rid of a stain now coming to mind for her. "Well, the final step of the ritual was to destroy this stone." The sybil reached for the cord, pulled it out, and showed the Konti exactly what she was responsible for, all this time.

"The last thing, and this part is trickier to explain," said Rohka, scratching her head. "It's that the child's name was Krishveth. He's here. I know he is. I need answers, but I haven't seen his—um, well, I haven't seen any sign of his soul since he was taken away from me on the day I arrived here. A part of me thinks I should just finally destroy the damn thing without asking any more questions. It's been so long, Lox," she said, her eyes getting heavy for a tick right before a smile began to form on her lips. It turned into a full grin, and then the sybil started laughing.

"It feels silly too," she said, amongst the laughter. "I should be trying to find my family, and yet here I am, obsessed about a stone."

When the moment was right, Rohka would inquire into the Konti's request:

"Who are you looking for?"
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Swim or Sink

Postby Loxcia Campo on June 6th, 2021, 2:53 am

Kontinese
Common
Char

At this point, Loxcia was confused. They had made their way across the room past all the heads and bodies turning towards the commotion. It seemed as if her plan was working. They were almost at the receptionist's desk, after that it was a strait shot and they were out the door. Before she knew it there was a hard tug the woman standing in objection.

“What the petch are you thinking, just leaving here like that? After what you said about healing? You’re just going to listen to that doctor swat you away?”

What was she talking about? Did she not get her signal? Loxcia went to pull at the arm of her training coat only to miss at another swoosh of Rohka's arm.

“After seeing that bloodied mess of a being from the mountains? Don’t you want to get better at your petching job? You told her you’d get her out of here and then you leave her to help me. How am I going to believe you now? I swear on Rhysol, I—“

Loxcia's head bobbled with confusion. What was she talking about? Then Rysol was mentioned. Outside of Laviku and Avalis Loxcia wasn't much of a religious person, but of course life amongst people of different backgrounds did introduce her to other aspects of life. She didn't know much about Rysol, she did remember though that those of ill intent were usually prone to using his name. Who was this woman? She came to her for help, assistance to be released. Was that not what she was doing? Maybe she had missed the signs being given? Or was taking the role too seriously. Either way who was she to throw her god upon her.

-I rebuke you in the name of Lakiku!
-Help her release the pai-

She said in retaliation to her own praise. She didn't mean to be as aggressive, not knowing where the tone came from. Alas she did not mind as how it came off as long as the message was understood. In a scurry Rohka moved in the path of another assistant before quickly questioning her will to help and taking over the task and dictating another onto the Konti.

“Okay. Lox,”

Lox?

“I’ll transfer this bundle over. Can you get the honey?

What in the name of Avalis was going on? She was just bent on getting out of here, now she wanted to stay and play doctor's assistant. She had half a mind to just leave. Her doctor had already dismissed her so she really didn't need to be here, but the scrutiny and disrespect she felt from the words said wouldn't allow her to swallow her pride. That, and the assistant who Rohka blindsided was looking to her for assistance now as well.

A sigh and a nod she followed the woman to collect the honey. The infirmary was in a swarm as doctors and assistants alike moved from place to place. Low-priority incidents were asked to wait, mid-priority incidents were seen by the more skilled assistants, high-priority or specific incidents were handled by the more efficient doctors, everyone else outside that spectrum had their hands on this current situation.

They had come to an abrupt stop, honey being nearly thrown at her, catching three mason jars with a 'clink'. Then they were off again moving through the current of patients and staff. It almost looked like a play. Everyone moving about doing their part to make the scene for the audience, and though she knew the routine, she had a knowing feeling that she really didn't belong here. Still though if she had the knowledge to help someone why not use it? That and it provided a means of living.

Just was quick as they'd left they'd returned the woman though not so much, still writhing about. The honey was quickly taken away and administered. Doctor mid-wife, now a committed name seeing that she'd never took the time to remember his looked at her in shock.

"Didn't I tell you to dismiss yourself!"

- Yes you did sir, but it is my duty to help those in need regardless.

Half of it was shyke. She really didn't mind helping the woman and would've if she hadn't been in the mindset of helping Rohka. At the same time though she couldn't tell him that she was the reason the woman was feeling the excessive pain she was, as well as attempting to help a patient leave without doctors orders. Still he gave her a look of acceptance and tended back to the more important task. It was hard for her to keep up with the medical lingo that they spoke but she was able to make out that they were going to be moving her for better care. All that would be required here was to get her stabilized. Watching the honey being administered she didn't notice Rohka approach.

"I'm sorry. I know you were trying to help. I've known where the exit was, of course. I've left here before, but I always come back for the night. I try not to leave too often. I used to get tired easily, but that's changing now, thankfully, which I'm sure is a sign that I don't need to be here anymore. If I can just talk to Krishveth, or at the very least,"

Loxcia had a unit on her face she could feel it. She didn't let it show for now was not the time. She was more confused than anything. Was the woman sick in the head? Why did she have her go through all this just to stay? Then again, she did act and assume on her own accord. She didn't answer standing watching the doctors work learning what she could.

"Look, if you really want to help me get out of here, there's a few things you should know. One is that I used to be a fortune teller in Ravok. I still am a fortune teller, and I work for The Mystic Eye. The Konti who ran the business, Lelia is her name, she taught me a lot of what I know now. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be here in Zeltiva at all if she didn't agree to take me on as an employee. The second thing you need to know is that there's a job I haven't finished yet. When I was in Ravok, a child asked me for a reading while I was praying at the Temple of Rhysol. That child wanted it to be a sacrificial ritual. It was my first time doing one of those, and,"

There was a pause as she dug in her gown Loxcia looked with curiosity.

"Well, the final step of the ritual was to destroy this stone."

The stone was beautiful. Very valuable something like that had to be dangerous.

It's that the child's name was Krishveth. He's here. I know he is. I need answers, but I haven't seen his—um, well, I haven't seen any sign of his soul since he was taken away from me on the day I arrived here. A part of me thinks I should just finally destroy the damn thing without asking any more questions. It's been so long, Lox,"

There was that name again. Lox.

"Who are you looking for?"

That was the one. The arrow that dropped the beast. A swell tried to form in her throat that she quickly swallowed away. She had to think on how to answer now being aware of more information. Did she want to tell this woman about her mother? Yes it would probably help seeing that she had more experience than the Konti, but with her current behavior.

She had to consider the situation and odds. When would be the next time she met someone with connections to a ghost. Maybe she could help her, it wouldn't hurt to try.

-My mother

-My mother, Minerva. She, she is lost like your friend too. So if you could help me-understand if be grateful. I didn't mean to drag you about. I apologize.

"And three! Out of the way!"

The men lifted the sedated woman in one move. Hoisted up in the air as if on a floating tunic. Turning she met Rohka's stare. She didn't know what was to do next. Whether she was leaving or deciding to stay. She reached out her hand.

-Could I have my coat back please.
Loxcia Campo
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Swim or Sink

Postby Rohka on July 9th, 2021, 1:38 am

“I rebuke you in the name of Laviku!”

Strange, thought Rohka, hearing the name of a God she barely knew. What was this Konti’s connection to him? Hearing the tone, Rohka was taken aback before shaking her head to release herself from thinking too deeply on the matter.

And yet, a part of her knew that she would always be thinking about something or another. That’s where the recklessness came from, acting out and saying whatever she thought about. As soon as Rohka heard the sigh from the Konti woman, she knew she’d crossed a line, and yet seeing her ensure that the job got done made Rohka immediately feel immense gratitude for having taken care of what was, in her own mind, the highest priority:

Wailing pain comes before pains of the mind.
___

“My mother”

Loxcia said it in Kontinese before continuing in Common. Rohka caught the word, feeling a pang in her chest in sudden remembrance of Lelia and the Grandmother’s Circle.

“My mother, Minerva. She, she is lost like your friend too. So if you could help me-understand if be grateful. I didn't mean to drag you about. I apologize.”

Rohka quickly responded to the apology without a second thought.

“No it’s okay, I got carried away with wanting to help. Your mother, I can help through a reading, its the best I can do, since I don’t know anyone by that name. I can also send a letter to Lelia, she might know someone who knows someone who can help. Are the Konti well connected? Lelia always made me think that they were, so I’m a little surprised…” Rohka’s voice trailed off.

The sedated woman was lifted and Rohka watched for a brief moment as a man wiped away something on her face. Whether it was tears or blood, the sybil couldn’t tell.

“Could I have my coat back please.”

Rohka swiftly removed it and handed it back with a smile, albeit forced.

“Sorry,”

The repeated apology felt awkward, and Rohka brought her hands up to fidget with her hair bun. It felt a bit like it had loosened, so as she spoke, the sybil tied it up tighter.

“I kind of rambled off there, didn’t I? I’ll leave you alone and go find another doctor who can help me free myself from this burden that I so clearly am putting on myself,” she chuckled, unsure about whether she was being sarcastic or serious. “Thanks again, Loxcia. I’m sure you’ll be able to find my patient room in the records, if you want my help finding your mother. I’ll include her name—Minerva, right?—in my next letter to my employer. See you around.”

With a wave goodbye, Rohka headed off in a new direction…

…in the hopes of finding Krishveth…

…and leaving the Healing Centre for good…

…to eventually destroy the stone from a place of peace.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes