[Flashback] Skinning Makutsi's Best (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Dlight on January 19th, 2011, 2:54 am

ImportantThis is a flashback from Dlight's past life as a Zith. His skill at bonecrafting and tanning was much better than it is now.
10th of Summer, 491 AV
Along the southern coastal beach of Falyndar were the most beautiful and most dangerous waters, and on that particular night, it was more dangerous than beautiful. A small pool of dark liquid could be seen staining the already dark waters of the Faleyk Gulf, trailing towards shallow waters until it finally surfaced onto sand, revealing it's true origin.

A Zith, young and male yet definitely muscular and past his teenage years, had claimed it's prize. In Dlight's right hand was a knife, sharp and shining in Leth's light; his left carefully grasped the neck of a slim, blue creature, propping the body across his lap. The Charoda had been clawed in the neck and instantly killed, the fatal wound still fresh and bleeding. More blood was spilled as Dlight moved his right hand up to grasp the Charoda's slack jaw, opening it with a pinch and bringing the knife forward to carefully collect the small, sharp canines of the vegetarian creature.

The teeth were placed in a jar of water collected from the same Gulf the Charoda was killed in, quickly turning the liquid they sunk in a deep red, almost black. Dlight paused as he looked down at the Charoda in his lap, focusing his keen sense of hearing to make sure that he was still alone. The creature's blood hadn't yet alerted others of what was considered a tasty treat.

The knife was returned again, this time cutting with practice through the more resisting cartilage of it's dorsal fins. While the teeth were intended for necklaces and earrings, the fins sold well as hair-pieces. The larger fins could even be made into a brassiere for a female dancer, which was what he intended to do with the beautiful blue pair of the adult Charoda.

The most unique thing about the Charodae, in Dlight's mind, was that there were no true bones inside of them, but cartilage. He hadn't tasted one of the creatures yet, but heard that they were a truly delicious treat. The thought of such a delicacy sitting on his lap made his stomach, already hungry, remind him that he needed to eat.

But enough of that. The only time that Syna was ever useful to Dlight was when it came time to dry hides. He worked throughout the remainder of the night, slowly growing more tired as Leth fell and Syna began to rise. The area around him and the mutilated body was grisly, the sand looking as if it was permanently stained red. The Charoda's innards lay in a bucket, and lying outstretched on the sand was it's blue skin, washed clean of blood.

The bucket was emptied into the Gulf and the meat thrown into the jungle nearby the shore for any Dhani that may stumble upon the alluring scent of Charodae. Hopefully, that would be a great enough gift and treat that Dlight wasn't attacked as he slept. He strained the jar of it's water, making sure to trap the teeth within it's container and then reseal it. The key pieces to his jewelry were placed inside a large bag.

The darkness of Leth that he was so used to had retreated, being replaced by the scorching gaze of his lover. Dlight retreated with as much stealth as he could muster into a tall tree, carefully placing himself along a large branch where he could still see the bright blue of the Charoda hide that would eventually be sewed into clothing.

Come afternoon, Dlight awoke to find the meat on the grass below eaten, but the hide undisturbed. The sand was still red, although it was a much less vibrant shade than the dawn before. The Zith stood barefoot in the grains, his eyes scanning the shore of the beach. He wondered if Makutsi cared whether Charodae were being killed, or if she was indifferent towards whether certain individuals could survive on their own.

Dlight picked up the hide, which was thoroughly dry from the Summer heat of Falyndar. His wings loosened and unfurled, and with one strong flap of them he was off into the air, flying towards Sunberth to sell his goods with only a blood stain on the sand left behind.
Dlight
Your blight is my delight

Words: 51893
Joined roleplay: December 28th, 2010, 5:32 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet

Postby Rage on January 23rd, 2011, 12:00 am

GRANTING OF XP

Dlight

Lores:
- Charoda physiology
- Value of Charoda body parts
- Drying of Hides

Notes:
Rather short being only one post long, but I awarded you more lore for not getting XP. I would recommend solo threads be more than a couple of posts long to get the most out of them. Just as a trivia, I would also like to point out that Sunberth is about 5000 miles away from Falyndar. Let me refer you to the Distance Chart (this uses straight line distance between cities); a Zith would take about two season's worth of hard flying to reach that city. Please take this into account should you plan to travel between cities in future threads.

Notice: I will not be available for modding in the foreseeable future until I've cleared up my backlog of Miz stuff (PC and ST-wise). Hopefully, it's a temporary thing, but we'll see. I will still grade your threads, however.
Rage
Devourer of Souls

Words: 109059
Joined roleplay: August 5th, 2010, 4:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office