Event Fri/Sat/Sun/Monday Contest - 4/15-4/18

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Fri/Sat/Sun/Monday Contest - 4/15-4/18

Postby Gossamer on April 16th, 2022, 1:11 am

Hi Folks!

It was requested that I run another contest. People wanted to do solos, but also it was requested that moderated threads and group threads count too. So from today... until Monday 4/18 at 9 pm we are going to hold a challenge involving solos, moderated threads, and group threads. Combos count. Sign up below. Detail your character development.

No standard theme... just character development. Have something happen to your PC... your PC do something... anything to develop your PC.

One prize per every 2.5K thread. Posts can be combined to make the 2.5K count.

The prize list will be the same prize list from last week's challenge. This is sort of a redemption three days for those who missed the week long one last week... and when this challenge is done, both threads will get the same prize list. :) You all have fun!

Goss

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Cleon on April 16th, 2022, 2:30 pm

For my contribution to the challenge, Cleon is going to learn how to be a little more patient in his search for answers about the curse. He's also going to have to get rather creative with his solutions based on what information shakes out, which will be explored in a following thread for the challenge if I have the time.

Thread Tracker:

Fits and Starts WC - 616 (Cleon tries shouldering a bit of responsibility getting him and his sister settled in while trying to figure out why they keep forgetting the Inn Keeper)

Jungle Parkour - WC 1,398 Cleon learns a finer appreciation for the jungle, traversing it and his gnosis mark.

What was lost - WC 816 Cleon reflects over the events of the last tenday, and strives to do better.

Just a wager - 799

Total word count: 3,629
Last edited by Cleon on April 19th, 2022, 4:31 am, edited 3 times in total.
Cleon
Player

Words: 492860
Joined roleplay: March 3rd, 2022, 4:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Adal Karelyn on April 16th, 2022, 2:35 pm

Adal's going to make up for her absence last challenge with a two part solo thread.

In the first part of this thread, Adal discovers that she rather likes singing and starts using the learning experience as a way to cope with the loss of her mother.

Rainy day blues - WC 2,517

In the second part of this thread, Adal uses her singing to explore other frustrations and explore her newfound independence.

Rainy day blues (Part 2) - WC 2,618

Additionally, if I have the time, I plan on Adal expanding her horizons somewhat with classes at the dusk tower where her perceptions of reality will experience a dramatic shift from what she has ordinarily experienced thus far. As this would entail three separate threads, its a hard if, but I'm putting it here so I have something else to strive for.

Total Word Count: 5,135
Last edited by Adal Karelyn on April 19th, 2022, 2:56 am, edited 3 times in total.
Adal Karelyn
Player

Words: 53090
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2022, 7:16 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shiress on April 16th, 2022, 3:00 pm

Signing Shiress up...again...with determination.

This challenge will see Shiress barely holding onto the tattered strings of what's left of her mental and physical state, a spontaneous decision, and determination to help herself and others if only to protect her son's mother and Ian's future.

My Threads:

5th Tenday - 1,773
Two Minds, One Task - 935
May I Have a Word - 2,144
The Eagles are coming - 3,961

Total Word Count - 8,813
Last edited by Shiress on April 19th, 2022, 1:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Alice Weaver on April 16th, 2022, 8:51 pm

We're gonna finally start building her base of magic and other such shenanigans so one day she might be able to stick it to the goddess of death!

Thread The Price of Magic Word Count 3636

Thread Ghosts, Goats, and Guys word count (from 4/15-4/18) 2067

Total : 5703
Last edited by Alice Weaver on April 19th, 2022, 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alice Weaver
Crafting A Second Chance

Words: 184933
Joined roleplay: November 7th, 2020, 11:42 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Moritz Craven on April 16th, 2022, 9:30 pm

Entering with Moritz, I think he's gonna go with the deep introspection, maybe some meditation to think on himself.

At the end of the day he kind of identifies himself by his truthfulness, while also kind of being stubbornly unchanging, so it kind of makes him questions some things since he's forced to lie, while stubbornly refusing to acknowledge even to himself that he's bothered by it.

I'm thinking weird dreams and meditation.

Updated to count word count 4/15-4/18

Who Goes There?- 850

Ghosts, Goats, and Guys- 617+734= 1,351

A Knotted Dream- 537+594+534+495+478=2,638

The 5th Tenday of Spring, A shot in the dark- 1,094

Total Word count- 5,933
Last edited by Moritz Craven on April 19th, 2022, 9:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Antelokes on April 17th, 2022, 1:53 am

Signing up Antelokes.

Thread: Ancillary Risk -- 2674 words

Total: 4184 words

I'll try to get through one thread. More than that is unlikely for now I'm afraid. I want Antelokes to define and commit to himself what his role is in the world, and he'll take some steps to come to terms with it. In the process he'll probably also sort through some theology/theodicy as well.

Good luck to all!
Last edited by Antelokes on April 19th, 2022, 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Antelokes
Player

Words: 122253
Joined roleplay: July 10th, 2021, 4:55 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Shade on April 19th, 2022, 3:27 am

Signing up!

A Day Out - 1519
What Was Lost - 774
A Loan On A New Life - 2561
Business Plan Bangles & Blooms - 1302

Total: 6,156

Last edited by Shade on April 19th, 2022, 4:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shade
The Black Opal.

Words: 215158
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2011, 7:08 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Ialari Pythone on April 19th, 2022, 3:37 am

Life Tastes So Sweet - 1949

Once upon an Isur - 1098

Total - 3047
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on April 19th, 2022, 3:51 am

Hi all.

By the time I hit post with this, the contest for this weekend will be over. I'll post prizes for both weekends in this thread and the other thread sometime in the next few days. It won't take me long to get them up.

I just wanted to say I changed my mind about prizes in this thread. I was just going to do the same as the other thread and award prizes based on 1 prize per every 2.5k thread. But I saw so many people doing replies, so many efforts at coordination, and so much planning for the future I'm going to change the qualifications on this one.

Feel free to scream at me if you think it's unfair.

I'm going to let you take the next day or so and post up any word count you wrote for anything (IC, OOC, Scrap, Replies in Odd Threads, ETC) in this thread. Did you reply to someone? Count it. List where you replied and what solos you wrote, or any planning you did.

So long as you posted between 4/15 and 4/18 it counts.

I will award you one fun thing to find in a thread per every 1k words. Yes, you heard me write. 1 prize for every 1k words. These prizes are a bit smaller than the other prizes in the other thread, but you can trade in two from this prize group for one from the last weekend prize group if you want.

This is my ditch effort in rewarding folks who worked hard over a holiday weekend with a little extra. I think you'll like the rewards. Feel free to update your sign-up posts here and feel free to add a sign up post below if you forgot to sign up at all.

I'll post the prizes soon.

Gossamer

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Next