Solo Home Is Where The Heart Is

Kamilla returns home after two years and finds more than she'd bargained for...

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Home Is Where The Heart Is

Postby Kamilla on November 4th, 2022, 2:13 pm

Kamilla had forgotten how warm the waters of Syka were, in her Konti form she could only describe it as feeling like a warm embrace from a home sorely missed. Her heart beat with excitement as she swam toward Treasure Point and her home just beyond, after two years away she couldn’t bear to wait any longer. That had been the reason she’d snuck out of James’ cabin on the Veronica and slipped into the ocean before it docked. The sting in her thigh from her bandaged but still very much healing stab wound, self inflicted, was a fair price to pay for her impatience.

Her smooth partially scaled skin and slightly webbed hands and feet carried her through the water with relative ease. Of course, she wasn’t in the healthiest state of being, having lost too much weight during her time in the wilderness for the majority of the past two years. This state of malnutrition certainly made the swim a lot more difficult than it should have been, in her estimates, almost double the time it would usually take, but she figured that the Veronica would only actually be docking about now, so she’d still saved a lot of time.

Finally arriving at the beach that was part of her land claim, the Konti spared a brief glance around, taking a deep breath of the tropical air, the scent of home. Of course she was still anxious about what she’d find, would her home be occupied by another? James hadn’t mentioned anything about a new tenant. She certainly hoped there wasn’t… more than that… she was anxious about the state she would find Yen and Roo in… if it all. Her heart knotted for a tick at the possibility of losing them, her new family.

A big sigh, ”What am I waiting for…” she said out load as the waves continued to splash at her waist. She willed herself to take a step forward, followed by another and another, purple eyes locked on the hollowed out entrance to her cave home.

After two years away, Kamilla had to avoid that she could not pick up on a single difference, possibly a good sign. Or perhaps it had just been so long that her memory lacked the details required to make a comparison, which seemed far more likely.

Regardless of what she would find, or, god’s forbid… not find. Kamilla was moving with purpose, her naked and wet body marching with a renewed sense of purpose, several dashes of anxiety and a desperate need for some food too… she was starving, chronically so.

A few steps away from the entrance she felt a rush of blood to her head, her perceptions suddenly becoming weightless and vision blackening around the edges, and then completely, as she fell to her knees in the warm sand, taking numerous, very deep, intentional breaths until the unpleasant sensation began to slowly recede. It took her two chimes in that position to recover from what she’d come to recognise as the consequences of her overgiving a few days prior. The surprise hits of vertigo had no observablefrequency or triggers, coming and going as it pleased… but it was an acceptable consequence for not being left alone in the open sea with no inkling of where she was or where she should go.

”Alright, let’s try this again.” she said, pushing herself back to her feet with far more effort than it should have taken someone of her age and build.

Last edited by Kamilla on November 18th, 2022, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Words: 592212
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Home Is Where The Work Is

Postby Kamilla on November 7th, 2022, 10:42 pm

Running her hand along the smooth stone of the entrance way, Kamilla heard no sounds coming from atop the staircase, perhaps it was empty, that would be terrible. She was choosing to be optimistic. With each stone step she climbed to the plateau that was her cave home, Kamilla was profoundly aware of the surreal sensation of returning somewhere she wasn’t sure she’d ever see again. She’d dreamed about it every day for two years since her disappearance and now that it was finally happening… she was terrified of what she might find… or not find. Finally her eyes were met with the bright open smooth stone space that she’d made with her own magic, the beautiful ocean, sky and jungle view in the distance was the first thing to grab her attention, breathtaking as always, soon followed by all her furniture and…

”Oh good you’re back, I need a dr-… Kam!”

Kamilla had heard the familiar androgynous voice before she’d even reached the top of the stairs and evidently so too had Roo heard her footsteps. She’d wondered how the talking flower had managed to remain so nonchalant upon her glorious return and had even felt a bit disappointed by its reaction, until she realised it had mistaken her for someone else.

”Who did you think it was, Roo?” the Konti said with a bright smile as the swell of emotions in her heart dissipated with a sense of pure relief. Everything was exactly the same.

”You… you’re back! We thought you were… gone forever! We thought you abandoned us! You! You!…” Kamilla had never heard the talking flower sound so emotional before, not even when she’d forgotten to water it for several days or when she’d overwatered it… as for the loud sobs that sounded more like ‘waaah’ than anything else, she didn’t even know if Roo could cry, physically at least.

Before she could even respond a head popped up from behind the bed, followed by a flutter of wings as Yennefer landed a few feet before her, leaf green eyes wide with… something, Kamilla assumed disbelief. The yowlwing seemed to contemplate her arrival for a few ticks simply standing there as if she had yet to decide whether to approach or flee. The Konti took a few slow steps further into the room before kneeling down, allowing the feline to approach her instead, which she did… very cautiously.

Once Yen had finally reached Kamilla she took a few curious sniffs and within a tick it was clear that the realisation had hit her too as the cat pressed her head into her Kamilla’s leg, rubbing it and herself eagerly against her. ”Oh Yen, I missed you too! So much!” Kamilla said in response to a loud meow as she scooped the soft gray cat up into her arms, watching as her wings fluttered with excitement. The pair shared a deep nose to nose glance into eachother’s eyes before Kamilla wrapped her arms around Yennefer and made her way over to where Roo was still sobbing.

Snatching the distraught pot plant with her free hand Kamilla made her way to the shimmering veil that seperated the interior portion of her home form the exterior balcony that overlooked the ocean and a portion of the jungle toward Stairstep Falls, ”Release” The veil contracted into its tiny dormant form, allowing the warm sea air to travel freely through as Kamilla took a seat on the balcony, patio combo, right in front of the two tiny monoliths that served as tombstones to her mom and gran.

She placed Roo’s pot on one side of her lap and Yennefer on the other, holding tightly onto both as her little family was finally reunited and Kamilla felt something crack inside her. A damn of emotion bursting free as she shed her own salty tears along with Roo’s. Since the loss of her family, Yennefer and Roo had been her new and only family, the three of them had spent almost all their time together and they were the only recurring figures in Kamilla’s life for a long time. Her heart wept tears of happiness, sadness and relief simultaneously.

Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kamilla on November 14th, 2022, 5:33 pm

After what Kamilla estimated to be about half a bell of sitting on the ground in silence with Yennefer and Roo, Kamilla finally got to her feet, hearing footsteps coming up the stairs to her cave. She didn’t have to wonder who it was as his voice preceded him, she moved into the center of her home to greet him… not sure on what his reaction to her sudden return would be.

”Roo! Who’s here? There’s sand all over the ste-…”

Kamilla could hear the concern in the chaktawe man’s voice as he raced up the stairs, his spear head appearing before the rest of him did. As soon as he saw her he froze on the spot spear clattering to thestone floor, jet black eyes wide in shock and perhaps disbelief, he seemed almost frozen in place. ”You’re… back.” he said, easily closing the distance between them in two big strides, coming to a halt two feet in front of her.

Something swelled in her chest the moment she’d laid her eyes on him… the chaktawe man hadn’t changed, despite her two years of absence, he remained exactly as she’d remembered. Tall, handsome and seemingly capable of increasing her heart rate in a way no other man ever had.

”I am…” she said softly, smiling up at him with purple irises locked on his own solid black eyes. Noting the familiar intensity of his onyx gaze, as well as the tingles that ran down her spine as he reached a big warm brown hand out to gently grasp her upper right arm. Immediately she was reminded of the warmth of his body, like the desert he’d been born in. His hand began to slide up her arm, making its way over her neck and finally cupping her cheek, which she instinctively leaned in to, finding the familiar warmth extremely comforting.

”I thought you weren’t coming back, it’s been two years…” the intensity of his inky gaze held her in place, unable to look away, even as the icy sting of guilt trickled through her chest. She did feel guilty, undoubtedly. She’d disappeared after their first kiss without any explanation… yet here he was, looking after her family and home… ”I know. I’m sorry, I don’t know why it happened either…” she began, making her way toward an apology and showing her gratitude, but she didn’t get to finish.

In an instant, the large warm hand that had been cupping her cheek had slipped around the back of her neck to the other side, another large arm wrapping around her waist pulling her into a firm embrace. Kamilla retuned the hug, wrapping her slender arms around his exposed waist, now acutely aware of the fact that her cool naked body was pressed tightly against his searingly warm one… her body hungrily claiming the heat as its own. It poured into her, reaching deep down inside her chest and even further than that. Kamilla had never experienced this, the sensation of being deeply missed combined with the bliss of being welcomed back all wrapped into one delicious cocktail.

Cool white hands slithered up the man’s chest and around his neck as she tilted her head upward to look him in the eyes, her body acting on its own, barely a tick passing before they were both pulled into a passionate kiss, her body yearning for more of his warmth, his adoration… desperate to be filled with it, to take as much of it as she could get.

In a matter of ticks they were on the bed with his far larger body eclipsing her own as she looked hungrily up at him, wondering why he’d stopped.

”Kam… not like this… I want the real you.” he said in a heated but low tone that reached down into her and pulled the true Kamilla out without her even thinking about it. A flash and she was there in all her warm skinned, dark eyed and haired splendour. Then his lips were back on hers and everywhere else…

Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kamilla on November 16th, 2022, 7:50 pm

The next morning, Kamilla woke alone in bed to a very loud and uncomfortable noise, which she quickly realised was the hungry groaning of her own stomach. Pushing herself into a sitting position and wiping the sleep from her eyes, her nose was greeted with the smell of something delicious… no wonder her stomach had been protesting. Her body felt like it was glowing after the night’s events, which begged the question… Where was Jehu? Dark brown eyes finally managed to focus on their surroundings, finding the handsome chaktawe kneeling infront of Bala’s Cauldron.

”Goodmorning.” she said sweetly, swinging her legs off of the bed and quickly realising that the horrible burn scar that ran from her left ankle to knee was on full display. Instantly, Kamilla’s human form was replaced by the pale skin and purple eyes of the Konti… no scar in sight.

”More like good afternoon… almost.” Came Jehu’s very familiar voice, Kamilla feeling a smile crossing her face. ”You know, I saw the scar last night… you shouldn’t be ashamed of it… but it is nice to finally understand why the only times you weren’t in those boots in Syka’s climate was when you were a Konti.” The playful smile on his face made it hard to argue, he was the first person to ever see it and of course his response had been underwhelming and supportive.

Kamilla let out a big sigh, her naked chest rising and falling dramatically as her feet made contact with the cool stone floor.

”I know you’re hungry, your stomach’s been at it all morning.” he added, still stirring the magical pot.

”You two were real noisy last night.” came Roo’s androgynous voice. ”Weird noises too.” it added.

Kamilla wasn’t sure if her Konti form was capable of blushing, her human form certainly wasn’t, but if it was… she had no doubt her face would be as red as a tomato as she and Jehu locked eyes for a tick before both of them broke into laughter. She got to her feet waving a hand in the talking flower’s direction and creating another small cloud of precipitation for it, Yennefer was already winding herself happily between Kamilla’s legs. ”Goodmorning to you too, Yen.” she said picking the yowlwing up and giving her a soft hug before placing her back on the ground. She watched as the winged feline immediately made her way back to where Jehu was crouched by the fireplace.

”She seems to like you.” Kamilla said suspiciously as she made her way toward her wardrobe pulling on a pair of purple undergarments then wandering over to the storage room. She could hear Jehu at the table now with the familiar clink of crockery.

”I like her too.” she heard him say.

Ticks later Kamilla emerged with three dresses she was certain were not hers, throwing them over the bed. ”Where did these come from?” she asked, now taking a seat at the table and wasting no time in devouring her bowl of stew.

”Sophia dropped them off a long time ago… insisted she’d leave them here until you returned to fix them… she… I…” he paused awkwardly, gesturing to the happily dancing Roo on the table and Yen eating at their feet as well as at himself, ”… we ALL… missed you.” Kamilla could only gulp down the stew and guilty feeling.

”You’re ruining my welcome home stew.” she said with a smirk, purple eyes finding his jet black ones.

”That’s just regular stew… you had your welcome home party last night…” he said, very amused with himself, and Kamilla was too. Then the smile faded from his face and even though his eyes were solid black and hard to read, she could feel the change in his body language. ”Kam… what happened? Where did you go?” She could tell he’d been dying to ask her and she certainly couldn’t blame him, not after he was still here two years later looking after her home.

”Yes! Where!” Roo added.

Finishing her bowl, Kamilla let out a heavy sigh, knowing that she owed it to both Jehu and Roo… Yen too, but she doubted the yowlwing cared much for reasons. ”I don’t know… that day when I first vanished…” after our first kiss, ”I appeared in the middle of the ocean… deep beneath the surface… luckily I had my Konti form or I’d have drowned. I spent a day just floating around, with no idea where to go until I eventually came across land. Since then, once every season I’ve vanished and reappeared in some wilderness… until three days ago when I appeared in waters outside Syka and James picked me up… I’m sorry but I don’t know why it happens or keeps happening and… I know it’s going to happen again next season.”

Jehu seemed deep in thought, perhaps trying to make sense of it all, or perhaps he was just trying to swallow the fact that she’d just told him she’d be vanishing again. He looked troubled, like a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders, finally opening his mouth to speak… [i]”So-“

”So you’re leaving us… AGAIN!” Roo had beaten him to it, but she could tell he’d been about to say something similar.

”I hope not…”

”But, you’re a mage, you know magic, can’t you do something? Fix it. stop it. There has to be something you can do, maybe I can help.” there was both concern and frustration in his voice… understandably. It made her feel even worse.

”You’ve already done enough by taking care of my home, Yen and Roo… and don’t worry, I can at least control when in the season I vanish… I won’t leave without saying goodbye next time…” she could see him about to protest, ”…BUT… I also have no intention of sitting around and waiting for it to happen. I’m going to do my best to figure out why it’s happening and how to stop it.” she added, hoping it would be enough for him.

Jehu let out a sigh of defeat before getting to his feet and walking around the table to where she was now standing to face him. Large warm hands held her shoulders as his dark gaze held hers, ”Kam… I’m glad you’re okay, but I’m still worried about you. What if you appear somewhere you can’t survive? You can’t even handle Syka’s jungle. Who knows what else is out there.” he was starting to sound like a concerned parent,

”I know. You’re right… I’ll do my best to learn to survive while I’m here… while I try and stop this vanishing curse altogether.”

Jehu seemed as if he were about to say something else then decided against it, sighing once again. ”Okay…” he said wrapping his arms around her tightly. Once again she felt the tingling heat growing inside her, though he was already pulling away. ”I have to go… I’m part of the Rangers now and I’ve got a duty I cant miss…” he said giving her a kiss before grabbing his pack and spear which was still laying where he’d left it on the ground. ”Promise me you’ll do some training and try and figure out how to stop this… ‘curse’… I can take you into the jungle when I get back too…” he said catching her gaze once again.

”No, I’ll find another guide… if I’m going to be taught it needs to be with someone who’s not as protective as you are… I don’t get to take me with you… maybe you can find someone for me?… BUT yes… Jehu. I promise.”

That seemed to relieve him somewhat as he lingered in the doorway, ”You know I’d spend the day with you if I could…”

”I know… I’ll see you later… don’t worry, I’ll be here when you get back.”

He nodded, gave her a brief reassuring smile and left.

Kamilla let out a big sigh… Of course, she’d finally met a man who made her want to stick around and she’d been cursed with vanishing. She didn’t pray to any gods, but it was starting to feel like one of them was out to get her… if not them, then surely someone was.

”Ahem… Now if you don’t mind, Ka-mill-a… I require some sunlight.”

She couldn’t prevent chuckle at the flower’s strict parent like tone as she made her way over to it, taking the pot to the balcony. ”I’m glad to see you’re as fussy as ever Roo. You’ll never change will you.”

”Why would I? I’m perfect just the way I am… even Sophia said so.” Kamilla chuckled yet again. ”Did she now?”

It was great to be home…

1 536
Total: 3 524
Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes