Tough Love Training (Moritz x Evalynn)

Evalynn gets a lesson in dagger training

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Postby Evalynn Frostfawn on May 12th, 2022, 8:11 pm

Eva listened as Moritz walked over to her and stopped. She paused for a moment before looking up at him and stopping. Her breath was taken away once more as she was entranced by the angle she was seeing him at. The sun casted a glowing halo around his body, drawing out details that she hadn't seen before. And then there was his eyes, once again examining her in a manner that seemed to go beyond just her body. She gave a blush before reaching out and taking his hand, standing with his help.

"Yes, done being dead. I don't know what happened to me, I guess the rush of adrenaline made it seem like the hit was harder than the actual thing." Eva gave a winded chuckle and took in a deep breath, straightening herself out and wincing. "I've never actually had such an intense workout like this before. It was fun and invigorating!" Eva then paused as something came to mind before turning to Moritz and smiling. "You mentioned an award for being the winner, come here and I'll tell you a secret."

Eva gestured for the tall male to come closer for hr to whisper in his ear. If he complied, she would first turn red and bite the corner of her lip. A bit of shyness washing over her before she started to speak. She cupped her hand around his ear and lannin close, her lips nearly touching his ear as she spoke. "I think I might have a crush on you, so here is your reward" And with that spoken, she would quickly give him a peck on the cheek before retreating back a bit and smiling.

However, the smile on her face was more out of nervous surprise than actual happiness. She couldn't believe what she had just done, expressing romantic feeling for someone. And on top of that, giving their cheek a kiss! If it wasn't for the fact that she was basically squeezing her nails into her palms to keep calm, she would probably be squealing all over the place. But little did she remember, while her body wasn't reacting her eyes gave a few quick flashes of bluish-green while she stared at Moritz.

WC: 372
Evalynn Frostfawn
Don't Stand Out

Words: 160390
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2013, 12:16 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on May 12th, 2022, 11:42 pm

Done examining Evalynn's djed, and he believe done with their spar, Moritz focused on the djed in his eyes and willed his Iraso sight to deactivate, the glow in his eyes from his active use slowly fading back to normal as he did.

With his more limited mundane sight Moritz continued to examine the woman, waiting to see what she would do. After a bit she did seem to stir, so certainly not dead. Though he had expected that, seeing as he had barely tapped her with the last contact. Perhaps she really was just tired...

Taking her hand in turn he pulled her up to her feet, for some odd reason forgetting to let go afterwards and ending up still softly holding her hand unless she pulled it away. It simply slipped his mind to do so... He did not really notice as she edged near him a bit closer once she was standing, urging him closer a moment later... In reaction the worm in his guts seemed to go wild, unable to settle down.

Knowing his words would be twisted Moritz found it difficult to speak, spending more time listening rather than speaking in this case for fear of what he might say. When she urged him to come closer for his reward which was to be a secret, his mind for some reason slipped back to a temple in Lhavit... Was something reminding him of... Something? Either way he came over closer to let her speak, as she seemed to be quite furtive and wanted to whisper it quite clandestinely.

Clearly the secret was quite upsetting as she seemed to be going slightly red as she worked her way up to saying it. When she finally did speak in close to his ear he could feel the air of her words brushing against it as she spoke. In the end what she said was somewhat surprising, but certainly not upsetting. She... had a crush on him? She followed this by giving him a light and quick peck on his cheek before putting a bit of distance between them again from where she had been up close to deliver his reward.

Moritz face in turn turned quite red going all the way up to his ears, much more noticeable on his paler skin compared to her darker hue, and he felt like the worm in his gut was being startled. He also noticed around that time that he was unexpectedly.... Excited.. In a certain way which he could not quite recall having experienced before. Such that he had to be careful how he stood so it was not immediately obvious, or heaven forbid if she was to come closer for say a hug... And so tried to turn his body somewhat to avoid that possible issue.

Trying to reciprocate Moritz tried to give her a return peck on the other cheek while being careful how he tilted or turned his body, though during and afterwards he could not quite meet Evalynn's eyes.

"Ah, my run... I should probably... Uh... Well, quite urgent and... Um... Things... At... Uh... Work... Did you just feel a sudden draft? I should probably go look into that..."

If it hadn't been obvious before by how he was oddly holding himself, his odd words likely would not help.

WC: 554
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Evalynn Frostfawn on May 15th, 2022, 2:57 am

Evalynn gave a surprised look when Moritz went to return the kiss, making her heart skip and stomach flip. The feelings were mutual? This wasn't something she was expecting, totally out of left field and caught her off guard. However, that was filled by the way her crush reacted to her confession. He was standing awkwardly and trying to stay turned away, with a beet red face and avoiding eye contact, Eva let her eyes drift downward. And once she did, she too found her brows raised and her face went red as she looked away and rubbed the back of her neck.

"Oh! Well, um, yeah, that…yeah…uh." She ran her hand down the thick braid and played with the end. She twirled it around her finger and examined the curls within the chunky braid. Her eyes then locked on her shirt and she gave an audible sigh. "I totally forgot my shirt got ripped, and it's my only one too." She huffed and looked up at Moritz and bit the inner corner of her lip before continuing to talk. "Hey, Moritz, do you know where I could buy a new shirt? Possibly a cheap one?"

She knew that nudity was not uncommon in Syka, but she was not that comfortable showing off her body yet. Especially now, since she expressed her feelings to someone she had only known for a few days but felt like she actually liked. Her only option was to buy a new shirt and tailor it to her liking with some cutting and tying. If Moritz decided to take her somewhere to buy a new shirt, she wouldn't be too hesitant to follow. A thought then came across her mind, and since feelings were mutual, she may as well go with it.

"Also, why is it that you sound like you're being sarcastic or speaking in riddles? It's really confusing, and I don't know how to actually take what you say as serious or not." Eva found herself always wondering what was wrong with Moritz, but tried not to judge and figured it was just a part of him. On the other hand, now that the emotions between them seems to be of mutual standing, she felt like now she had to know whether or not it was how he was or if it was something different.

WC: 392
Evalynn Frostfawn
Don't Stand Out

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on May 15th, 2022, 1:22 pm

While Moritz was trying to distract Evalynn from current events, he let his random lies run wild going from one to the next in quick order. None really seemed to do much, and he was unsure if she really took them seriously. He was still unsure what had caused it. her proximity, talking softly into his ear, or the light kiss... Or some combination thereof.

In the end her own words did a much better job of changing the subject. Recalling earlier in the spar when her shirt had ended up ripped as she brought his attention back to it Moritz glanced down at the ripped fabric to examine it. He was still fairly certain that he had not been the cause even if his weapon had been the final straw or stitch in this case, no he felt it was more likely it had already been worn and messed up before and just finally gave as he struck. But still, an odd coincidence that it had occurred then.

However focusing on her words a bit more deeply, he realized something else from what she said. She was asking about finding a cheap replacement... So did she not own any other clothes she could wear, say while this one got repaired? It seemed to indicate as such. Yep, she then outright admitted she had no other. As for a good place to buy clothing, while he could show her to the shop here in Syka... A much better idea came to mind of him taking her to the Outpost. Clearly she did not know of the place, which meant he could be her guide of sorts. The idea of spending more time with her made him smile, a real smile unlike the forced fake one he usually put on when he was trying to smile for others. When he tried to explain that to her though a series of words quite different came out of his mouth which most Sykan's would find ridiculous. Of course, Evalynn was not really a well adjusted Sykan so she might not know such things from being in the settlement for awhile...

"Yes, as part of my tour guide duties I can certainly show you a place. Though as you are new to the settlement you may qualify for a clothing adjustment stipend, its for people finding suitable clothes to fit the weather and such who do not have it on arrival. I will have to look into it for you. Should take a few days to process, so perhaps you could meet me here in a few days and we can try then?"

After answering that though Evalynn had a more personal question, asking about his odd words. While most Sykan's would know what he said was a lie or at least an odd joke, if not a bunch of made up stuff, Evalynn seemed more on the fence about it. Of course seeing as he was cursed to lie when he tried to tell her about it he of course... Lied.

"Sarcastic? Riddles? No, I never do such things. Everything I have said is one hundred percent honest to truth. Not really sure what you mean, perhaps your just imagining it?"

WC: 538
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Evalynn Frostfawn on May 15th, 2022, 2:08 pm

Yeah, no, there was definitely something going on with him and Eva expressed this by narrowing her eyes and stepping closer. She examined his eyes for any clue as to why he was acting this way, and found nothing. She looked him up and down, hunting for anything indicating he was lying, but found nothing from her knowledge. However, there were alarms clearly going off saying that what he just said was an outright lie, and this caused her to once again become cautious of him. It didn't diminish her feelings for him though, which in turn made her want to continue with the shopping trip.

"Hmm, you're obviously lying but I can't figure out why right now." Eva, for some reason, circled Moritz and looked for any on person reason why. "It's strange, you look so casual and normal when you're talking. Not like you're hiding anything, so…" Eva trailed off in thought, figuring this condition of his was an involuntary situation and not actually something he was willingly doing. However, she didn't let that consume her as he gave a frustrated huff and waved her hands about in a dismissive manner. "Oh, forget about that for now. Back to the shopping trip, meeting here does sound like a plan. Especially since I just live right down the way there."

Eva gave a soft smile and looked down the beach, pointing towards the general direction of her bungalow. She then paused a bit before growing a bit sad. She didn't exactly want to have this end, standing there in his company was actually pretty relaxing compared to everything else she had experienced in life. Moritz brought a small sense of calm to Eva and she was relishing in it as much as possible. The thought crossed her mind of one day telling him who she actually was and it brought on a surprised reaction. She seemed startled but bit her tongue enough to contain it before she offered Moritz a temporary farewell. There was a bit of sadness in her words, and even more so when she waved goodbye and began to walk away towards her home.

WC: 358
Evalynn Frostfawn
Don't Stand Out

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Moritz Craven on April 17th, 2023, 11:43 pm

Grade Award!

Name: Moritz Craven
XP Award:
Acrobatics 2
Endurance 1
Land Navigation 1
Pathfinding 2
Persuasion 2
Rhetoric 1
Seduction 2
Socialization 1
Storytelling 4
Subterfuge 4
Teaching 1
Unarmed Combat 1
Weapon(Dagger) 4

Lores:
Socialization: Easier to feel confident in a known setting
Pathfinding: Sensing a gender from someones djed
Pathfinding: Evalynn's Djed Signature

Penalties & Awards: N/A

Notes: N/A

---

Name: Evalynn Frostfawn
XP Award:
Endurance 1
Observation 4
Logic 1
Persuasion 2
Rhetoric 2
Seduction 1
Socialization 1
Weapon(Dagger) 3

Lores:
Proximity makes it hard to keep emotions in check
Taking on a simple ready stance
Moritz: A glowing eyed gaze that looks through you

Penalties & Awards: Damaged shirt

Notes: Let me know if you have any questions or issues!
Moritz Craven
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Previous