[Wind Reach Quest - Closed] Hunger Runs Deep

A mysterious theft with far-reaching consequences isn't the strangest thing happening in WR as precious gems appear and walls rearrange themselves

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

[Wind Reach Quest - Closed] Hunger Runs Deep

Postby Fenilen on February 11th, 2011, 3:06 am

"No! It is mine!" He screamed in response to her threat to separate him from the lantern, wrapping himself around it even tighter. The Lantern, at this point, was buried in between his chest and his knees, tucked tight against his flat stomach his arm shielding it from assault from the top. "The Colors! You can't understand!" Fenilen's hoarse voice barked back, as he looked over his shoulder at her, barring his teeth slightly, hissing like a cat. Even as he yelled in response, he wormed his way away, convulsing his entire body in a poorly executed snake-like movement to crawl away from Sairque, who was uncomfortably close given the situation. It was perhaps only her delicate, or stern, depending on how you wanted to look at it, choice of words that snapped the glassworker from his entranced state of stupidity. His green eyes dilated and then readjusted quickly, as the word that she had stressed so firmly left his lips in a quiet whisper. “Promise.” As if she detected the little hold she had created in the face that were his emotions and mind, she continued to chip away at the supports, breaking away at the argument he had thought so valid not a minute before hand. “Hope. I hold their hope. I am their Hopebearer,” he whispered softly, his green eyes looking blankly ahead.

“Yes. Yes! This lamp is not from Whisper, it is from Priskil!” He then snapped, his eyes refocusing on Sairque. “She gave it to me so that I could use it to bring Light to the Darkness of the tunnels, bring Hope to the masses that now suffer from Despair! Yes! Of course!” He cried, sitting upright, every part of him filled with a new sort of vigor, a new-found tenacity. "I can save them all! I can pierce the shroud with the Light granted by the tools She has granted me!" When her hand found its way to his shoulder, that was the last support he needed, and he finally sat up, wrapping his arms around her waist, lantern in his hand. The lanky boy almost lifted her up off of the ground in his excitement. Priskil had given him this chance to prove himself to Her! He would not let Her down! The grip around her waist tightened for but a few brief seconds, likely squeezing the air from her lungs as she was squished against his chest. Finally, he released her, holding her at arms length by her shoulders. He looked her in the eyes for a long moment, smiling broadly, grinning like a dumbfounded idiot.

"Yes. The Underground Forest. Aidara. Renol. We must meet them, and complete this burden of Hope, bring Light to the places where there is none. Come, Sairque! Come with me!" With that, he took her by the hand, his scarred and calloused hand with hers, and sprinted off, ready to face whatever was to come.
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Words: 144782
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2010, 3:04 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Previous