[Wind Reach Quest - Closed] Hunger Runs Deep

A mysterious theft with far-reaching consequences isn't the strangest thing happening in WR as precious gems appear and walls rearrange themselves

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Renol on October 17th, 2010, 12:09 am

OOCSorry it's a short post today. I wasn't sure what else to put in. Renol is mainly just asking questions and that doesn't make for a tremendously long post.

Renol’s eyes widened just a tad as he turned to see the ghost standing before him. He had seen, and more often heard, the ghosts in the shrine whenever he came here to pray, so he was used to them. But this one startled him, standing before him. He took in the sight of the ghost, wondering why it had chosen him as the ethereal spirit seemed to scrutinize him. The ghost beaten and broken form sent a shiver up Renol’s spine for a moment. He imagined the pain the poor man must have gone through in his death. He couldn’t think of a fate much worse than that. Bt the voice of Fereo snapped him out of his silent study of the spirit, his brows furrowing slightly as he looked over the face. You know this man? Can you tell me how? He spoke to his friend through their bond, Can you tell me anything that you know about him? Renol knew not to pry too hard when it came to Fereo. He didn’t want to delve into anything that the eagle did not want to share. But something deep in his chest told him that this was important.

As the ghost of Jaz spoke, it sent another shiver through Renol as he stood there. He had never had any of the ghosts speak directly to him before. He was honored that this one had chosen him, but also curious as to why it had. And as the ghost spoke, he felt the pain of Fereo, instantly knowing that the bird had a strong bond with this Jaz in some way or another. And that was more than enough to set Renol’s path clear in his mind. As Whisper walked over towards him, assuring the ghost that his friends would be found, Renol raised his hand to her,” Please, there is something about this man that I must find out about. And if he can show me where his friends are trapped, that will expedite the process of finding them and setting them at ease. Renol’s eyes never left the ghost, studying the man’s twisted and broken features,” Jaz, you can show me where your friends are? You say that the way was opened for you to come here. Can you show me where it is? Or at least tell me so that I may find it to help your friends?”
Renol
The Be All and Endal...

Words: 68637
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2010, 2:07 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sairque on October 17th, 2010, 5:25 pm

How many people were running around named Fenilen? The man's description of her, 'not feeling very bright', was being extremely generous. Feeling a little dull would be wondering where she had met him, or why the name Fenilen and his face seemed familiar, not completely blanking on his entire existence. She deserved a lot worse than he gave. His hug was returned happily, her slender arms wrapping around his waist and she popped up onto her toes to give him a quick peck to the cheek.

"Oh, Fen! I didn't recognize you! Must be the smile!" Yes, she noticed the change in his attitude toward her, and wasn't above giving him a hard time over it. Grinning, she let him step back when Whisper returned with the artifacts. Gloves were out, as was their previous owner.

So there was a sudden influx of ghosts, and passages were moving around. Previously blocked pathways were open now, so a powerful and dead reimancer was releasing the other dead. But who and how did it get a living person? Some fluke. Had she heard of anyone that had gone missing?

Fen took the lantern carefully, she let him drool over it while she mulled over the information they had. To her, Shiz seemed the most likely candidate, the whole connection of singing. Just how much fuel was in the lantern? How long could they have it burning before it went out? And if the ghost was wandering around in a living body, closing off passages, would the lantern work on it? Could they just wander around with the thing lit until they noticed someone alive following them mindlessly? The ghost in the host having no choice but to walk around after them?

The voice, the one that made her bones want to cry, interrupted her thoughts, and she whipped her head around to see who could carry that much emotional trauma. Renol was standing there with a half crushed ghost, and since the culprit certainly wasn't Renol... Whisper had one last suggestion for Fen and her before moving off to attend to Renol and his ghost. Food. Yum. And other helpful equipment.

"Yeah, Fen," she answered absently, listening to the other conversation. "I think we should go get some food and gear and head down. Hopefully, anyone else who is helping figure this out stops dragging their heels and gets down here so we can leave. Shiz," she said suddenly, a long pause after the name. "That's the ghost that seems most likely to me. She helped build the place, she certainly knows her way around." There were other, intangible reasons she was leaning toward this person, but she couldn't clarify.

Tugging Fen's sleeve to get him to follow, she headed over to the other Rider and his new found friend, who he was planning on helping. "Whisper," she said quietly, "Would Jaz be able to find his way back up here again if he were to accompany us to the deep warrens and something went wrong? I think it would a good idea to have someone along with us that knows the area. Perhaps he wouldn't mind helping us because we're helping him?" That last was more directed at Jaz and Renol. He apparently had her vote about doing what the ghost asked. It was only right, poor souls stuck down there.
"Oneday I wished upon a star
And woke up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me."
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Words: 424341
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2010, 12:15 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Dreamcatcher on October 19th, 2010, 5:50 pm

ooc :
Hmmmmm…. Ok in hopes of picking up the pace I will be posting for this thread every two days. That means one post one day, next day no post , and the next day after a post. If I have something come up I will be emailing everyone. Also , I have tried to pm Brunhild and she has not responded so we will continue on, if she comes back after a break I will write her in.

~ Rhian~

Val saw the look of anger in Rhian’s eye’s, but cared not, he was the gatekeeper and Endal and it was his right to put her in her place. Personally after Val had remembered Rhian’s secret, he wanted to dismiss her from the party altogether, but as she apologized at least he had made her shallow some of that pride. Sham, looked to Rhian and simply nodded his acceptance of the Rhian’s apology. He didn’t care one way or another. Sham was the type of person to get upset over his own mistakes and not others. So he simply waved his hand at Rhian signaling everything was even between them.

Brunhild seemed to be caught in a telepathic conversation with her eagle and didn’t respond to Rhian’s remark. As Rhian went over to Toam she could see the large crystal bludge in his shirt. Toam was a large burly man and as Rhian commanded him, he wanted to remain her that he was the one doing her a flavor, or at the very least slug her mouth. Rhian saw Toam’s jaw tighten for moment and his eyes pull tight with a brief bit of anger. “As a friend, I went looking through the new tunnels, most of it intersects a bunch of the warrens, already. As you get further and further away from the kitchens there are less people traveling them. The new tunnel intersects several main hallways and even breaches an old common room. As it gets close to the Arms Gallery, it dead ends with a bunch of amethysts crystals clustered about. I was able to break this one free from the main mass, and am going to sell it on market day.

Rhian could tell that she wasn’t going to get the crystal from Toam without one hell of a fight. The thing was massive and would probably fetch him enough pinions to eat without work for ten days. “Besides this thing nearly burned off my hands, the tunnel must have ended close to a magma vent that fuels the forges. I am sure that after the Reimancers finish carving out a new tunnel to the stock room they will collapse the dead end.” At that moment Toam nodded his head back towards the table. “Seems your Endal master has taken off, what are you going to do now?”

As Rhian looked back towards Brunhild she realized that indeed she had taken off and a new group of people were at the table eating and discussing events.

~ Fenilen, Renol, and Sairque~

Whisper white scaled hand patted Fenilen’s. She smiled for a brief moment, glad that the man knew what a treasure he held. As Fenilen and Sairque traded their banter back and forth, Whisper began her glide over to Renol. As Renol began to ask his questions of Fereo and for a moment a deep mental wall of pinions and claws came up between them. Renol had never experience being cut off from the bond before, for usually Fereo needed to feel Renol’s thoughts brush against his own. Slowly, as if someone was removing the wall feather by feather Fereo’s presence came back. Fereo seemed even more depressed then before, Renol… the other eagles have forbid me of talking about this past life. I can only tell you a few things; Jaz was my twin from a previous life. I was born without default; he was born with a clubfoot. In that life I became an Avora and he became a Dek that worked the mines. The youthmaster use to say that I was the dark child while Jaz was the sun. He didn’t resent the fact that he was dek, in most cases he helped other dek obtain better status and clothes. Fereo seemed to draw back for a moment then his presence came to the forefront of Renol’s mind. Jaz was part of the Kalfa’s lost crew, the only reason why he wouldn’t continue on the wheel of rebirth is… All of a sudden the sound of hundreds of wings flapping began to block Renol’s perception of Fereo. An eagle’s high pitch scream ended it all and then a voice unfamiliar to Renol spoke in his mind. I am Imsun eldest of the eagles, Fereo has spoke out of turn. He will be punished later, do not speak to him of Jaz again. Then there was silence, Renol could still feel Fereo, but the message was clear the topic of rebirth was forbidden.

As Renol had his conversation with Fereo, Whisper waited for Renol to come back. To Sairque there was a brief moment where Catabasis twice went quiet in his thoughts and came back to her. She sensed that his attention momentary had focused elsewhere, almost as if his mind had taken flight. Renol was able to focus from the silence in his mind and ask Whisper and Jaz his questions. Whisper looked at Sairque and then Renol, finally she spoke, “If the three of you join and bring back the dead, I will be very grateful. I am sure Jaz can take you down there…” Whisper paused for a moment, she looked at Jaz seeming to gauge him. “I don’t know about leading you back. Once a ghosts business is done they move onto judgement. Jaz only seems to want you to help his friends, with that task done he might disappear just like the little girl. She had been alone for so long that all she wanted to do was say she was sorry for running away and be cleaned. You could stop his transfer from this realm by lighting the lantern, but then he would only follow you.” Whisper thought and thought for a moment.

Slowly she went to her leather mat and lit a candle, “I don’t suppose your eagles could keep track of all the twists and turns you take down there? I mean if you thought to them third tunnel on the left or gave them mental images would that work?” Whisper looked at Renol and Sairque. For Renol there was only silence, but for Sairque, Catabasis spoke up. It would be possible for me to remember a few twists and turns, but my memory is only as good as your own Sairque… what about chalk? Marking the way with it?
Dreamcatcher
Retired Staff

Words: 120506
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Fenilen on October 21st, 2010, 6:34 pm

The moment her lips left his cheek, the pale man left red. Change the subject, change his thoughts. The lantern, yes. The lantern, ask Whisper how far away you could be before it was made ineffective. He didn't want to get too worried and walk up ahead of the ghosts following him, only to have them scatter once more into the depths of the warrens. That wouldn't help anyone.

and so, Fenilen spoke. "Whisper, how far away can we get from a ghost before it stops following us?" he inquired, a tone of curiosity in his voice as he tilted his head to the right. "I don't want to walk ahead of them and lose them to the warrens when it wears off." He fell silent as everyone spoke. "Proverbial bread crumbs," was his only response to the, aside from a nod.

"We'd need torches, too, so we can actually follow the crumbs or whatever we choose to use. Then, there's always the danger of the tunnels shifting behind us due to... whoever or whatever is causing the tunnels to shift," another soft laugh left his lips. "Hell, what's more dangerous in the end-- the tunnels, or almost guaranteed starvation?"

Fenilen settled in a seat off to the side, folding one leg over another. "Whisper, I shall hold my promise to you before we depart," was all he said. Only Sai, a close friend, would notice that he was shaking ever so slightly, and his voice held a slight tone of uncertainty. Most likely nervous about spelunking with two Endal, if she could guess correctly. He was always nervous around Endal he didn't know.

Then, the Avora waited. Hopefully, the next set of questioners would arrive soon. Every second they spent not searching for the cause of the shifting tunnels was another second that went by where people were not eating. Understandably, this was slightly problematic. Tell them of the three suspects he knew of, along with the influx of ghosts, and then they could swoop by the market and be good to go. Wonderful.
Fenilen
Give Me Your Warmth!

Words: 144782
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2010, 3:04 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on October 22nd, 2010, 3:19 am

"ooc"Hey there! I'm so very sorry for disappearing, life caught up with me and I got busy for a while. I hope I'm not too late to return! Please, let me know if I missed anything or if my post has anything invalid or something... thank you!

Brunhild chuckled at Axel's words, and stood up to make her way to the Shrine of Those Who Have Passed. "Sham's fine, I suppose... I wasn't really looking for anybody, but he seems alright," she giggled, turning to Sham with a small smile as she paused for a bit near the exit, "I'd like to know what you feel about him, actually. Your opinion matters to me the most."

She meets up with her Wind Eagle outside. Axel's eyes exuded sheer amusement as she nuzzled her head on Brunhild's cheek. "I don't mind much, just don't be too easy!" she chirped, preparing to fly off as Brunhild mounted on her. "Then I suppose it's worth a try..."

Once they reached the shrine, Axel obediently waited outside. "Don't take too long now... I'm betting you're going to be praying for your father a little bit?" the Wind Eagle inquired. "Yes, yes of course... every opportunity must be taken," she turned to head inside, her eyes lowering down timidly. "I still miss him, after all these years." Axel nodded solemnly, her fiery red eyes looking up into the sky as her rider disappeared through the doors.

The shrine was beautiful and mysterious in many ways. For the young and learning Brunhild, it was a magical place filled with strange things and whatnot. For the present, older, and much more experienced Brunhild, it was a place where she could feel her father, even when he was long gone. She glanced at the arrow head trinket that she left here before, gathering dust and cobwebs. That was the first arrow she shot with her father. Kneeling down, she began to pray for a short while, for her father. She hoped that Whisper would appear soon after her short prayer, so that she could ask her about the ghosts and such.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Words: 22906
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 5:54 am
Character sheet

Postby Rhian on October 23rd, 2010, 7:28 pm

Rhian did her best not to fidget and hide any and all signs of impatience. Such a long winded fellow he was, with his prosaic speech. Toam was several things, one of the few under her thumb that had enough testicular fortitude to talk freely in her company. What he was not, however, was quick witted. The man looked at her as he formed his words in an infuriatingly slow pace.

Nevertheless, she gave him a delicate smile and brushed his shoulder with the hand she used as a living canvas to put down all her thoughts and deeds. "If I might suggest... hold on to this rock. I am relatively certain that you are not the only one who now possesses a particularly large crystal. No doubt this will lower its worth. Let them sell theirs at a quarter price, but hold on to yours for several months until its value goes up." A glint could be seen in her bright eyes as she continued with a sardonic tone. "That is... if you have enough patience, of course."

The young commoner paused, considering Toam's question for a moment. "I think I will go and pay a visit to Lorlyn. You know-" She explained in case he didn't know who she was, "the girl some of the fools think is responsible for this. Herth might also know something." It was a good plan; no doubt Brunhild went to the shrine like she was told to. By going after Lorlyn, Rhian was doubling their chances at discovering leads and besides, she didn't want the other woman breathing down her neck.

She was hoping to catch sight of the person she'd sent after Tam, Rhian could use every scrap of information right now to help properly arrange the mental puzzle that was tugging at her consciousness, not to mention how to approach Herth. The woman hoped that mentioning the gatekeeper would be enough, though she was not about to count it.
Rhian
I'm sure there's a moral in here...

Words: 12003
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2010, 3:02 pm
Character sheet

Postby Renol on October 25th, 2010, 7:06 am

Renol physically cringed for a second as he felt the barrier flash up between him and his friend, his face twisting in pain from the sudden disconnection between them. It was as if a part of him had been torn away from him in an instant, bringing up an urge to wretch from his gut. Renol held it back skillfully as his face relaxed, taking several deep breaths as the barrier started to slowly get picked apart. And as Fereo started to talk, Renol listened carefully to the little bit that he was willing to diverge about his past. The fact that all the eagles knew everything about their past life was amazing to him and brought about an entirely new respect for the bird, even more then he had before. And with what Fereo was telling him, Renol completely understood why the bird was so sad about seeing the ghost. To see one’s sibling in the state that Jaz was in would be heartbreaking. Renol knew that he had only felt a small portion of the grief that Fereo had been feeling, and even that little portion was heart wrenching.

And then Renol’s face twisted again in sharp discomfort as the deafening sound washed over his mind, nearly causing Renol to clap his hands over his ears, as if it would make a difference. The voice of the unfamiliar eagle brought a quick and sudden anger to Renol’s mind, eldest of the eagles or not. Surely this elder eagle would see that this knowledge could lead to the quick solution to the problems that Wind Reach had been facing recently. But why would he care. It didn’t affect him personally, so he didn’t have to worry about it. Renol sighed deeply after the voice left, guessing that there were things that the Inarta shouldn’t know about until they experience it for themselves. It still angered him that he was being kept from information that would help the Inarta out. And that Fereo was going to be punished for trying to help him with the problems. But Renol slowly opened his eyes to the group once more, shaking his head,” Jaz was someone important to a dear friend of mine. A member of Kalfa’s lost crew. So, by finding his friends, not only will we be able to give him, and them, the peace they deserve, but we will also find something about the mystery that is unfolding here.” Renol looked over to Sairque, nodding his thanks to her that he had her support. It was good to know that there was support behind his idea. He would have been smiling in any other instance, but the pain and anger of what had just happened was still too fresh in his mind. And he was going to have to find a way to properly thank Fereo for giving him the information that he was able to, especially since it was going to cost his friend.
Renol
The Be All and Endal...

Words: 68637
Joined roleplay: October 9th, 2010, 2:07 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sairque on October 25th, 2010, 3:27 pm

The two phase-outs she experienced from Catabasis weren't nearly as traumatizing as Renol's experience, but they were still disconcerting considering the importance of him paying attention to what was going on in the Shrine. Naturally, at the first separation, her eyes strayed to Renol and from the pained expression on his face, he was getting a whole other side of the experience. There was also the distinct possibility that he was a pansy and couldn't handle Fereo not paying attention to him, but that seemed unlikely. The agile woman was up and at his side before the Eagles had returned to their bonded, one hand on his bicep hesitantly. He looked like he was going to be viscerally ill, and some people didn't like to be touched at moments like these. Not that his displeasure was something she was exactly worried about right now.

Catabasis! What are you doing?! Did Fereo die? Worst case scenario first? Did that make her an optimist or a pessimist?

And then the man was tensing kinda strangely and had a horrible expression on his face, like someone was dragging their nails over a chalk slate...could their Eagles kill them telepathically? Was Fereo trying to kill Renol right now? Was his brain in the middle of exploding? Sairque took a step back, watching in horrified fascination.

But he didn't explode. No, she wasn't disappointed. And Catabasis was back. Without explaining what had happened to him, Renol informed them of the last little bit he knew. Okay, focus. You can ask Renol to tell you everything later. Dead people, Whisper, bringing back the deal people. Right.

The ghost leading them back hadn't actually been a concern, it was his ability to get back to Whisper and find peace if something happened to their party while he escorted them through the tunnels. She just wanted someone who knew the tunnels; she would lay money down that neither of her companions had any experience down deep. It was a gamble, if they stumbled onto his friends before he could give them a general lay out of the area that he had known, then the idea was worthless (aside from doing a very nice thing for him and his friends). Of course, there was also no telling how much the warrens had changed while he had been stuck all these years. Okay, so maybe her idea wasn't really that great. But it had jarred another one. They could find some parchment and a quill to map their way as they went. Maybe Jaz could offer some insights about tunnels that they passed by without exploring. Maybe they could just snag some maps from the teams that did work down there. A map and a guide. Yes. Maybe swing by the Valintar's office, see if he was in, he would probably be interested in what they had found out so far and could offer advice. And they might be able to talk him into granting them leave for provisions.

Whisper suggested the Eagles to help map the way, and Catabasis gave his two cents. We'll try to find a more practical way, I'd rather have you thinking about what we know so far than focusing on which turns to take in which order, the thoughtful flight leader replied.

"We'll lead back as many as we can find," Sai promised Whisper.

She looked to Fen as he listed off some of the supplies they would need, it hadn't even occurred to her to worry about the tunnels shifting and cutting them off. Hmn. Well, that wasn't really something they could take measures to prevent. "We'll just have to hope that doesn't happen," she murmured softly to him as she crouched down next to him on the balls of her feet. She was used to his little social quirks, but that didn't make her blind to them. Unable to say anything to reassure him, she just patted his knee, knowing that wouldn't be nearly as unsettling as the little kiss on his cheek had been. Then she told them all her ideas with the map, guides, and Valintar. Looking at each of them curiously to see what they thought of it.
"Oneday I wished upon a star
And woke up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me."
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Words: 424341
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2010, 12:15 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Dreamcatcher on October 25th, 2010, 8:27 pm

~ Rhian~

Toam thought about Rhian had said and nodded. It was a good plan, and she was probably right that eventually others would come forth with the crystals making them almost worthless. As he thought more on the subject, it would probably take a year or two before anyone really forgot about the crystals and that he could get a good price for it. Still a year or two wouldn’t kill him and he had a few hiding places that he knew of. Toam said, “Thanks” and then left Rhian to herself.

Sven saw that Toam had left Rhian side and he nodded to her. Sven wasn’t a large man, but he could blend into a crowd like no one’s business. Though Sven was smart and able body, he had never shown any real aptitude or focus on a craft. He instead enjoyed pulling pranks and scouting tunnels unknown and unseen. However, his habit had gotten him into a lot of trouble, scars from knife fights were scattered over his arms and chest. Sven was good with a blade, not because he knew forms or had practiced at it, but because he fought dirty.

Sven looked at Rhian, and gave her a report of the bare facts. “I followed the man to Lorlyn’s quarters. The man asked Herth to open up, I heard Herth say something like, ‘not today, and not for your kind.’ The man got really upset and started screaming about how Val had sent him and he was only their to talk with Lorlyn. I heard a loud thumb on the door, like someone was bracing the door just in case. The man turned so red that I couldn’t tell where his hair began and face ended.” Sven cracked a smile, and then realized that he was reporting to Rhian.

“He took off after that. However, I stayed a little longer, and that’s when I saw a group of Dek enter the Courtyard. There was about eight of them, and one of them stopped at Lorlyn’s door. The leader of their group waved them on, and I followed them. Seems that Lorlyn made a service entrance into their rooms, one of the top alcoves has a secret door that opens up to a stairway, I recognized one of Herth’s crew sitting in the alcove and talking to the dek team. My guess is that he is on a recruiting drive to protect his sister from people.”
Sven stroked his red stubble of a beard as if he was thinking. “Almost makes you wonder if she had dug a couple other passage ways…” Realizing he said it out loud, Sven stopped his thinking, and put his full attention back on Rhian, waiting for her to comment.

~ Brunhild, Fenilen, Renol, and Sairque~

While Fenilen awaited another arrival to the Shrine. Brunhild had flown the eagle to a lower crest opening that Axel knew would lead her to the Shrine. Once again, Brunhild went into the Mount Skyinarta, the tunnels in which Brunhild traveled were hardly used, but thankfully only after 20 feet a small light began to fill the cavern. Brunhild felt that the stone walls and floor had been smoothed by Reimancers, as she continued on she noticed that the walls began to be filled with artifacts that had been collecting dust. Bracelets, combs, glass toys, and metal logic puzzles were placed on pegs with names below each item. Axel had flown her to an unknown entry into the Shrine of those that had Passed. She was walking through the Yasi caverns in a side tunnel that hadn’t been used in a long time. The tunnel seemed to be solemn, until she entered into a nexi point. The rock vault was covered with toys and scraps of clothes from Yasi children, and Brunhild even saw a few floating about playing with toys and silently laughing. The room was made up like a playroom, toys laid about here and there, while ghostly children played or toys floated about. It seemed as if the dead still had time to find fun, and Brunhild looked above the cavern entry ways for the glyph that would lead her to the main room. Eventually Brunhild found the right caverns, seeing a few more ghosts here and there. For some reason, the dead had decided to come out today.

As Brunhild navigated, Fenilen asked his questions of Whisper, and she seemed to think about it for a while. Finally with a click of her tongue she spoke, “As long as, one of the dead has seen the light of the lamp, he or she will follow it passively. A person could never move so fast as to out distance a ghost.” Whisper paused, walking over to the lamp and opening one of the windows. “Should the ghosts see the naked fame they will stop, also if you come across an angry spirit the lamp will stop it and make it follow you. However, I suggest you allow me to deal with any angry spirits.”

Once Renol told everyone that Jaz a member of Kalfa’s lost crew, Whisper seemed shocked at the revelation. “If what Jaz says is correct and twenty-four souls are still trapped down there… what could be holding them to this plane?” Whisper seemed to taken back with the idea, throughout the day she had been serving the dead that had come up, but this thought was almost too much. Slowly and as if the thought caused her pain, she excused herself from the group, stumbling from shock to her quarters to mediate on what it all meant. To her ghost were common if they had unfinished business or were just too stubborn to die. She even possessed a skill to trap spirits, but to have bound them this long was beyond anything her mind could comprehend.

As Whisper left, Fereo’s bond came back and with it Fereo’s mind seemed different. To Renol it was like an ocean of thoughts and feelings. Yet now, there seemed to be hard and tangible under those thoughts and feelings. Renol had never really explored the mental landscape of the bond, he had never thought he needed to. Ideas, thoughts, senses, even emotions traveled back and forth without any effort. He knew that Fereo’s mind contained a great deal more of everything, almost as Fereo was several people, but the weird sensation of something hard and solid in his mindscape felt almost alien to the both of them. As Renol thought about it, Fereo pushed him back, Don’t focus on it, Renol, it is my punishment and raw within my mind. Give me time and we can examine it together.

OOCSorry Renol just thought I would set up some of the back story for a previous lives quest of your bird. When you want to explore this more give me a PM. Otherwise, Fereo has no ill effects.

Catabasis mind gentle held Sairque’s for a moment. It was the closest thing to a mental hug that she had ever experience. Whatever experience that had drawn him away from Sairque had scared him. Thoughts folded into Sairque from Catabasis, Fereo is physically fine. He spoke of something forbidden to us, and mentally he is a much stronger bird. Sairque got the impression that Catabasis wanted to say more, but he was also afraid that what had happened to Fereo would be done to him, and quietly Catabasis removed the closeness between them to settle once again in their normal bond.

With Whisper gone, and Renol recovering from what just happened, Brunhild came into the main room to see the three people huddled together.
Dreamcatcher
Retired Staff

Words: 120506
Joined roleplay: July 19th, 2010, 4:27 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Brunhild Alalia Ambros on October 26th, 2010, 1:39 am

Brunhild found subtle amusement and a tinge of sadness in the sight of the young ghosts that played around her feet and in the playrooms. They looked happy, sweet, and alive despite their predicament, but she wondered if they'd ever reach a much peaceful life. As she reached the main room, Fenilen and the others were already there; speaking to Whisper. She inched closer, hoping not to intrude, but she made a humble and silent bow to the woman, to show that she acknowledged her.

She listened in quietly, hoping to bring up another question on the ghosts, but Whisper had left in a hurry to her quarters as soon as she heard about the trapped ghosts. She must have cared very much for ghosts, having been affected so terribly by the news. Brunhild hoped that Whisper would snap back to her senses a little later, and help them free the ghosts and do something about the hallways being blocked. She turned to Fenilen and the others and began to speak.

"From what I can observe, perhaps the ghosts are angry and tired of being trapped down there for so long. Now, they're attempting to grab our attention so we could free them, perhaps?" She said in a tentative tone of voice, one hand to her chin and the other supporting her elbow. "But Val instructed us to seek Lorlyn if we are not given sufficient information on the matter by Whisper. So, shall we go?" she inquired, already sending a telepathic message to Axel to prepare herself for a flight.
Brunhild Alalia Ambros
The Skeptical Endal

Words: 22906
Joined roleplay: August 14th, 2010, 5:54 am
Character sheet

PreviousNext