Kelvic's Discovery [Open]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Considered one of the most mysterious cities in Mizahar, Alvadas is called The City of Illusions. It is the home of Ionu and the notorious Inverted. This city sits on one of the main crossroads through The Region of Kalea.

Postby Seraphin on February 17th, 2011, 2:10 am

80th Winter, 510 AV

Upon entering the city, Seraphin had thought that it was quite a nice place to live. Of course...she would first have to find a home to live in, but she was sure it would work out fine.

Wandering through the streets of Alvadas, she kept her eyes open, ever watching the people she passed and keeping her eye on what streets she turned on. She didn't quite know where she was headed, but she thought she would scan the city first, get to know where everything was before she would do anything else. She undid her cloak, the temperate weather getting to her as she slipped out of the cloak and wrapped it around her waist, revealing a simple cloth dress. Her pale skin reflected the sun's rays as she wandered, looking around and keeping an attentive air about her.

After a few minuted of walking around, she found a nice place to rest for a moment. She looked around, once more, seeing a few people around her as she sat and opened her bag, looking for something to snack on. Once she pulled out an apple she sighed, relaxing as no one paid much attention to her. She paid no attention now to her surrounding as she picked the emerald pendant that hung around her neck up, holding it in the sunlight as she blinked at it.

'I am here now Xander...' she thought peacefully as she gazed at his heirloom. It was his wish to travel here, but his death a year ago had prevented the man from ever coming to Alvadas. So she had brought it upon herself to travel and live in this city for however long she wished, hoping to bring some peace of mind out of these events.

She continued to sit for a while until she finished her snack, then stood and proceeded to a nearby trash to throw the core out. Her eyes looked back up, the black pupils of her eyes sliting ever so slightly as she took in the new scene that surrounded her, one that was much different than the previous buildings and structures she had been looking at before she sat. A nervousness twisted inside her as her natural instincts settled in, her eyes shifting back and forth as she tried to make sense of it all. What was she supposed to do now?
If you could love just one...

Who would it be?
Seraphin
Player

Words: 5947
Joined roleplay: February 15th, 2011, 4:02 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Sesha on February 18th, 2011, 4:37 pm

“You’re new to The City aren’t you,” came the measured voice of a woman from behind the youth, a cloud of scented smoke announcing Sesha’s silent approach. Upon seeking the speaker the girl would see an eccentrically decked woman standing much taller than her and clasping an elegant pipe between curved red lips. “I’ve watched you for some time now,” she said offhandedly, as if it weren’t some breach of the girl’s privacy.

“You’re quick… and quiet,” Sesha observed in a decisive tone. “You don’t move like the rest of these newcomers,” a wave of her pipe and a chance gust of air demonstrating the words. Most that entered Alvadas were too busy keeping their eyes in their sockets, stumbling over irregular walks and encountering the whimsical apparitions of Ionu’s trickster nature. But this one had something different. Unfortunately Sesha could not yet place her finger on it.

“How rude of me,” she said with a soft chuckle. “My manners are absurd this afternoon, my name is Sesha. It’s a pleasure to meet you!” She offered the girl a hand with brightly painted fingernails, each finger a different color. “And who might you be?” A fixed and brilliant stare peered into the girl, urging her to speak.
Sesha
Confidence Trickster

Words: 40415
Joined roleplay: February 11th, 2011, 12:50 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Seraphin on February 19th, 2011, 6:43 am

Seraphin was very intent on trying to figure out how exactly her surroundings could change, not feeling the eyes of an onlooker on her as she contemplated this city. The first thing she noticed was the strange scent that engulfed her as she stood. Next was a voice, resulting in the girl turning to see the eccentric woman.

The first feeling the young Kelvic felt was apprehension. She looked up to the taller female, her bright green eyes locking onto the woman's hues. Her senses perked as she revealed that she had been watching her for a while. Why would she be doing that? she asked herself as she watched the woman. She felt a slight irk in her self-concious, not particularly enjoying the fact she was being watched and analyzed. It was one of the reasons she prefered to stay in her feline form and not in her human form. Her eyes studied this woman, this stranger who seemed so confident.

Slowly reaching out to take the taller woman's hand to greet her, caution still apparent in her nature. "My name is Seraphin, pleased to meet you...and yes, I am new here." she replied slowly, not quite sure how to handle the woman. She still wasn't used to greeting others, whether they be humans or another race, she never really needed to meet others while she was in Xander's care.

"If you have been here long...could you please tell me why everything's changed?" she asked in her quiet voice as she took her eyes off of Sesha for a second to look around her again before looking back into the brilliant orbs of this new stranger. She wanted to question this woman's reason for observing her, but she felt like she would wait her questions out a bit before asking them.

Who would it be?
Seraphin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sesha on February 19th, 2011, 9:35 pm

“What a beautiful name, Seraphin,” she said this slowly, tasting the name. “Do you know where you are, my girl?” A flourish of the pipe and shift in weight brought Sesha to her side, a tender hand resting on Seraphin’s shoulder, the scar peeking out serving only as a further point of interest. “This is The City of Alvadas, Ionu’s Jewel!” Fervour tinged her voice. Regardless of her underworld affiliation, she did love this city and its patron deity. She applied the barest of pressure, inviting the young woman to walk with her.

“Our City,” she began, regarding the optical headache stretching out before them, “is truly one of a kind. The Immortal who watches over us is a clever trickster, a Master of Illusion.” She flagged down a passing carriage. The clip clop of hooves and occasional rush of breath were the only indication that the ornate ebony and silver contraption was being pulled at all. Black leather reigns hung in mid-air and a human body with an eagle’s head sat at the fore of the carriage, eyeing them sideways.

“Where to?” asked the illusion, in a distinctly masculine voice. Sesha looked at the girl, her smile broadening.

“How about it?” she asked Seraphin kindly. “Why don’t we take a tour of The City and then grab a bite to eat? You must be famished after such a long journey!” Sesha’s pipe let off a lazy trail of smoke. There was something compassionate in the older woman’s bearing, but something else too. She needed something. “I’m buying,” the beguiling woman added in an airy voice, on the verge of another laugh.
Sesha
Confidence Trickster

Character sheet

Postby Seraphin on February 21st, 2011, 6:53 am

Seraphin pondered the change of events as she watched the much taller woman express her opinion of her name, looking to the hand as it pressed down on her shoulder and eyeing the faint scar that appeared on her arm. Her bright hues shifted back to Sesha as she spoke once again, the girl following her as directed.

As Sesha explained the city, Seraphin blinked, looking around once again at the ever-changing buildings. She wasn't sure exactly why Xander would want to travel here...it was all so confusing. The mention of a deity perked Seraphin's interest. 'Ionu? That is the God that resides here?' she asked herself as she looked back at Sesha. Her small, 5'4" figure was in great contrast to Sesha's apparent 6" form.

As the carriage rolled up the young girl moved away from it slightly, finding it strange. Mind you, this entire city so far was strange, even the entrance made her nervous. How was she supposed to survive in Alvadas?

Hearing Sesha's request, Seraphin contemplated it for a second. She was awfully hungry, the trip here using up the most of her food and energy. Though...the woman's manner still seemed questionable. But maybe that was the girl's newly acclaimed caution?

Nodding, Seraphin complied, "S-Sure..." she said, a small blush appearing on her face as she looked away from her. Upon getting into the carriage Seraphin hoped that this was the right thing to do.

She sat on the comfortable seats in the carriage, looking to the door as she waited for Sesha to enter as well. "This tour will be helpful to me, thank you Sesha." she added, bowing her head slightly, both out of politeness and habit.

Who would it be?
Seraphin
Player

Character sheet

Postby Sesha on February 21st, 2011, 7:56 pm

Sesha made the universal symbol for circle with her finger and the driver nodded his eerily intelligent head, turning to regard the street ahead of them. Once Sesha had boarded, sitting to the girls right on the darkly velvet seats, she tapped out her pipe and returned it to her purse. “The pleasure is mine, my girl,” Sesha said warmly, rearranging her skirts in a more suitable manner. “I so often find that a level head and a bit of companionship can overcome just about anything.”

The carriage rolled along, passing all manner of illusory mania nestled neatly into the day to day affairs of the people. “There,” she pointed, “is the Sanity Center. If The City ever comes to be a too much you will find peace there.” Sesha herself had never been, finding the thought of a world without the unexpectedly pervading will of Ionu somewhat drab. “And over there is The House of Broken Mirrors,” an ominous tone had come over her voice as they rounded a corner and passed the derelict building. “Venture there only if you plan to leave your sanity behind.” A chuckle lit up the inside of the carriage, soothing her earlier seriousness. She explained no further.

“Ah, and up ahead you’ll see The Wolf’s Cave!” Sesha seemed entranced, leaning nearer the window to see the stone tavern. “A pack of wild dogs is more like it,” she added humourously, turning back to the girl. “Kelvics, Dhani, that sort of thing.” And in a brief moment of clarity Sesha’s eyes rested on those of her unique acquaintance, seeing what she had missed earlier. An excitement welled up in her, marred only by the brashness of her earlier comment. “Not that I don’t harbour a fond admiration for our animalistic friends, I just find the crowd there to be a little dangerous. She hoped that her words soothed any aggravation on the girls part. “Certainly not a place for a delicate young flower such as yourself.”

The carriage continued along its haphazard path, sometimes not even seeming to touch the road as it drifted lazily onward through residential areas within the city. They were silent for a time. Sesha decided to lighten the mood. “That’s a lovely necklace you’re wearing. A gift?” Her eyes continued to peruse the passing buildings, but they had not missed the emerald pendant earlier.
Sesha
Confidence Trickster

Character sheet

Postby Puzzle on April 10th, 2011, 1:02 am

Thread Complete!
"What a well made thread we have here."

This thread had some damn cute interplay going on. I was also glad to see Sesha take someone under her wing like that. I am not sure how it might have panned out, but I would have loved to have seen more.

Seraphin

Skills
Observation +1

Lore
Alvadas' Landmarks

Ledger
[/i]

Reward

Sesha

Skills
Persuasion +1
Observation +2