A warm drink [Aello, Cassandra]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Cassandra Coven on March 6th, 2011, 3:36 am

"It's the least I could do for all you've done," Cassandra admitted shamefacedly to the two. She meant what she said though in truth, it was also designed to throw suspicion off her back. It was important to her that they just think of her as someone who was unfortunate enough to chance upon a murdered man, someone who was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The short woman provided her an opening to further ingrain herself to them. From her words, she seemed to have come to the Silver Sliver before, for indeed she looked familiar. Recognizing her as a barmaid would set into both their minds that she would have no cause to murder the beggar. She seemed better off and the beggar had nothing to offer her.

Except for his life.

But then, the two did not know that.

"I'm Cassandra, by the way. Yes, I do work here. I was on my way back from a friend's place when...well, you know." She did not mention the incident earlier anymore, wanting to bring it behind all of them. She smiled sheepishly at the other woman. "Sorry if I didn't recognize you, my memory is poor. I have to admit though, everyone starts to look the same after the first twenty customers walk in the door."

A light joke, excellently played, one that should distract them further. That should be enough, for now.

"Well, if you will be ordering for food, just wave me over."

Cassandra smiled one last time, the curve of her lips perfectly measured to give the impression of embarrassment mixed with willingness to serve, before she left to deal with the other patrons of the tavern.
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Scezha on March 7th, 2011, 3:07 pm

The ale was amazing. The sweet taste and hot sensation it gave was so intoxicating, just like when he had it for the first time. The sensation didn't fade away no matter how many times he drank it. Scezha take another gulp, the ale forces his heart to work faster and stronger than two minutes earlier. Blood runs fast in his veins, and illusion hangs in front of his eyes, blurring the reality he saw.

Scezha doesn't feel like he had drink that much, yet already he can't see clearly. The barmaids seems to walk around with their twin by their side, and Aello looks like she had grown a third eye next to her ears. Scezha shook his head and sigh pretty hard. Something wrong is happening. It's not like him to get this drunk before even finishing one glass.

"Could it be.. what happens... this morning?" Scezha tries to set his head straight. What he did bothers him, he can't lie about that. But for that to make him this weak against alcohol is humiliating. Scezha drop the ale on the table, and sigh pretty hard. It's impossible for guilt to affect him so badly.

Scezha turns around, staring at another table, another patrons. Aello. Her lips. Saying something. What was that? Refill? Something to...

Then it hits him. "Bloody hell." He mumbles. "I haven't had breakfast. Of course it felt bad."

Whether the same problem happens to another person is only Scezha's guess. But he learn it the hard way that his system couldn't accept alcohol so good when his stomach is empty. He looks around. Looking for that black haired maid. So many of them. And they all look the same. He wave at one of them, hoping it was the right one.

"Could I have some fish or pork to go with this?" Those two were the first meal he had in his drunk mind. Probably not the best to go with this ale, but right now, anything goes.
"No living things in Mizahar are truly dead. They simply change from corporeal beings, into ethereal, then reincarnate as corporeal again"
- Deciphered from Scezha's Master's parchment.
Scezha
In search for master

Words: 27976
Joined roleplay: February 4th, 2011, 4:43 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet

Postby Verilian on March 12th, 2011, 1:14 am

Scheza

• +2 Investigation
  • +1 Stealth
  • +1 Socialization

Lores: A City of Wonders, Crime Scene Investigation - Poor, The Dark Side of Ravok, Sticking to your Convictions, Drinking Problems Away

Aello

• +2 Investigation
  • +1 Auristics
  • +1 Socialization
  • +1 Stealth

Lores: Bumping into Strangers, Stating the Blunt Truth, Drinking Problems Away

Cassandra Coven

• +1 Dagger
  • +1 Stealth
  • +2 Acting
  • +1 Persuasion

Lores: Extremes of the Curse, Selfish Acts of Charity, Murderer, Guilty Conscience, Self Preservation, Coming to Terms

You Question My Logic? :
Okay.. Scezha and Aello, you pretty much get the same thing. Both of you investigated the crime scene, both of you stealthily got rid of the body, and both of you socialized a bit at the bar. Aello you also get a point of Auristics for using it, obviously. Cassandra, I gave you 2 points into acting and one in persuasion. You get more in acting because most of what you said was just an act.. anyway, if anyone feels I left anything out or was short handed in any way, please PM me and I will review.

Notes: Aello and Cassandra, as always a pleasure to read your stuff. Scezha, it's a first time meeting you and it was a pleasure. I do have one thing though, in your lore "Lore of ethereal beings" you state "He can instantly tell a benevolent spirits from the hostile ones." A lore does not allow this. Even a master spiritist cannot instantly tell a difference between a good and bad spirit. You can rephrase the lore to say something like, "he is well versed in the signs of telling a malevolent spirit from a benevolent one" or something like that. Anyway, other than that, it was a great thread. Looking forward to seeing more from all of you!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous