Ride With Me (Vanator)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Not found on any map, Endrykas is a large migrating tent city wherein the horseclans of Cyphrus gather to trade and exchange information. [Lore]

Moderator: Gossamer

Ride With Me (Vanator)

Postby Khiara on March 14th, 2011, 7:59 pm

Khiara laughed at the abrupt comment about his own eyes, not expecting it. As he kissed her, she shook her head. They weren't the color of dirt. They were rich, deep and holding back golden sunlight that threatened to break through the small cracks in color...well...thats how she saw them.

"Keep me guessing? Goddess...you are terrible." As another chill breeze passed over them, Khiara smiled. Vanator had cuddled closer, starting to feel the cold again. The thick clouds from earlier had moved much closer, and Khiara anticipated snow very soon. Watching the frostmarch as he suddenly lifted his head, her heart ached a little. The stallion was faithful and loving, a friend and more. His movement closer felt as though he wanted to be more included in their group. Still, he was a proud stallion, and with a snort he continued to graze. The white horse was enjoying the weather as much as Khiara.

Frowning as Vanator spoke, Khiara turned her head to look at him again.

"What do I want for myself? I don't want anything, I have it all." Pausing for a moment, her gaze became distant.

"I couldn't be happier, truly...but...one day, I would love to return to Avanthal just for a visit. I miss my family, a little. And I want to show my mother you, and let her know I am safe. Alive..and better." Focusing on the man again, she shrugged.

"But its not something that consumes my thoughts. It's something I think about occasionally, when I'm with you and happy. Especially in winter. It reminds me of the Hold, maybe it makes me a little homesick."

Khiara
Player

Words: 166009
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2010, 12:44 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Ride With Me (Vanator)

Postby Vanator on March 16th, 2011, 2:59 pm

Vanator held Khiara's deep gaze. His vanthan wife had adjusted well to Drykas life, eager to learn the ways of his people and was willing to submit to Kashik's tutelage. For their part, his family accepted her with welcome arms, the gentle and compassionate woman endeared herself to the pavilion and her stories were welcomed around the fires.

But the perceptive husband did not overlook Khiara's occasional longing glance out across the plains, especially when the winter wind blew fierce and snow threatened, much as it did that day. She would wander off to find Vsenri, and Vanator knew the two natives of Avanthal were commiserating their absence from their home.

She got homesick. It hurt him to know that there were times she ached for her land and people, though Khiara was selfless enough to rarely mention it to him. He knew nevertheless. He wished he could take her there, a grand adventure to see her home and meet her family. But such a journey, with his responsibilities and with Kashik and the coming baby, seemed little more than a dream.

A stray snowflake drifted down to light on her dark silky hair, melting quickly. it was followed by others, big, fluffy flakes that clung to their hair and eyelashes before disappearing. A smile crept across Vanator's face as looked out at the surrounding grassland, disappearing in a shower of snow. He turned to beame at Khiara.

"I believe your Goddess has blessed you with a gift."
The husband whispered, leaning in to press his lips to his young wife's.
Vanator
There is fire shut up in my bones.

Words: 940033
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 1:16 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Previous