(Silver Silver Tavern) Give Me a Shot (Rysen)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Aello on March 8th, 2011, 3:14 am

"Well there's always a first time for everything!" Aello commented as Rysen held up his fists. They didn't look too dangerous, or well-trained. Surely they couldn't slice through the skin like a dagger, or pierce it like the tip of an arrow. But surely she wouldn't mention that to him. Such a thing would be rude, and she had already made herself look bad enough, hadn't she?

Aello was slouching in her seat a bit as she sat and chatted with Rysen. She didn't even noticed the drunkard getting up to leave when he tripped over her leg. Startled, she cried, "hey you ok?" as the six foot tall man with the deep red hair stood up.

"Hey you better watch it!" the drunkard shouted. Aello scrunched up her nose. A mixture of spit and leftover ale dripped off the tips of his scraggly facial hair. His simple blue cotton tunic was too large, and hung like a potato sack on his body. The tunic was covered in dirt and grime, as were his dark brown trousers. The whole get-up was strapped to his body tightly by a black leather belt that rested just above his beer belly.

"I said I was sorry!" Aello cried, as she pulled her offending leg a little closer to her body.

"Well ssssorry ain't good enough!" the man slurred as he grabbed Aello's shoulders and hoisted her to her feet. Aello's eyes grew wide, and Yune was hopping around the wooden table, flapping her good wing and chirping wildly. "You shouldn't go around tripping people!"

"It was unintentional!" Aello pleaded. Stupid drunks. He probably doesn't even know his own name right now. He is probably so out of it that he could had tripped over a darn ladybug and fallen flat on his face! "Now could you get off?" Aello asked, a little irritated.

The man growled and pushed Aello's body backwards and into the wall. Aello hit her head, and scrunched her eyes shut as a wave of pain shot through her body. Owww. Aello winced before she rapidly raised her right knee, and hit the man in his stomach. Aello opened her eyes, and found the man clutching his stomach, doubling over in pain.

Aello pushed him off her, but he rounded on her and smacked her across the face. Her right cheek stung as it grew red and took on the imprint of the drunkard's hand. "That's it! You asked for it!" Aello shouted as she growled, and rammed her body into the man. She caught him off guard, and he stumbled into another table, knocking several mugs of ale over. He got up instantly, as though the impact had done nothing.

Great.... Aello's mind muttered as he ran at Aello, and she quickly side-stepped out of the way, forcing him to run into the wall. Well he can't exactly kill her if he can't catch her.

OOCGot to love a good 'ol bar brawl!

The stuff in bold is Aello's thoughts.

And Aello is always getting herself into trouble >.<
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rysen Londell on March 8th, 2011, 7:23 am

Rysen was really beginning to enjoy his day and after such a bad start he was thankful for that. And then the mood shifted as he watched as the drunken man tripped over Aello's leg. A certain advantage of growing up in a town full of drunken sailors was that you knew how a drunken man would react. He had a suspicion of how this was going to play out and he hoped that he was wrong. Some people enjoyed the fighting but he on the other hand did not get the same sense of enjoyment, so he usually tried to avoid such things. As he normally would he sat back quietly and hoped that the trouble would resolve itself peacefully. But it was not meant to be today. The man slammed Aello into the wall and although she delivered a good hit to him, he again struck out at her. Rysen hated the man for that, he knew that she could probably take care of herself but he didn't care.

He suddenly jumped to his feet and kicked over the table that he had been sitting at. A very uncharacteristic move for him but this was his father coming out in him. The man had just missed Aello and slammed into the wall. He casually walked over to the man, he grabbed him by the shoulder and spun him around. "You know, you should really be a little more considerate my friend. You understand what I'm saying?" He could smell the alcohol emitting from the man and by the confused look on his face Rysen decided that he would more than likely not respond well. By the looks of you I don't think you get what I'm saying. With that he reached back and slammed his fist into the man's nose; a loud crack could be heard and as the man fell to the ground with a bloody face. Rysen knelt down and grabbed the man by his collar, "Now I suggest you pick yourself up and walk outta here" Just then he felt something hit him in the side of the head.

Apparently the man had a friend nearby, this is why he tried to avoid such confrontations, they were to unpredictable. Rysen found himself on the floor after receiving a boot to the side of the head. "You should really watch yourself boy!" Rysen's head was pounding from the blow he had taken but he was quick enough to avoid the man trying to stomp his head in. He rolled out of the way and hopped up to his feet just in time to see the man charging at him, he grabbed a mug lying on the ground and smashed it against the man's head, who then stumbled a few steps before falling down in front of Rysen. He rubbed the side of his head where he had taken a hit and looked up at Aello. "I think I may have overstayed my welcome. A slight grin crept across his face as he spoke.

He looked around at the damage around the bar. He wasn't proud of what he had done but he reminded himself of why he did it. He wasn't going to sit back and watch a drunken fool assault a woman. That rationalized it in his mind and he determined in his mind that he had done the right. Does trouble always follow you around like this, or was it just my lucky day?"
The greatest strength is having all the power and knowing how not to use it.
Rysen Londell
The Potential Paragon

Words: 35581
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2011, 4:41 am
Character sheet

Postby Aello on March 8th, 2011, 7:51 pm

"Overstayed your welcome?" Aello said incredulously. "Are you kidding? If anything we just showed them who owns the place... or rather... you did, I didn't do much," Aello giggled. She gave the man on the floor another swift kick in the side with her right foot as he tried to get up, as if to say you see what I mean?

"But if you want to go, no one is stopping you," Aello added as she looked around the floor to see if anyone else wanted to attack them, or if the people they had been fighting before would try again. Nothing. Yeah, definitely not.

"But then again, if you did, you'd probably miss all the trouble that's about to begin," Aello added. Certainly SOMETHING would happen. Trouble always seemed to follow her wherever she went. "The day's too young for this to be the last of our troubles, don't you think?" she asked as she put her right hand on her hip and stared up at him.

Yune was sitting atop Aello's bag, chirping wildly, and flapping her good wing. Aello moved her hand off her hip and looked down at the bird. She knelt down beside Yune. "You alright love?" Aello asked the bird as she held out her right hand to hop up. The bird took the signal, and soon made its way up to Aello's right shoulder. Thankfully, it hadn't been re-injured during the table's fall. Perhaps when the table went down, the bird was propelled off of it with the force of the push and out of the way, or perhaps the bird was smart enough to jump. Aello couldn't be sure.

When Yune was safe on her shoulder, Aello opened her bag, and looked inside. The glasses hadn't shattered, thank the gods. They hadn't fallen far enough, and her bow had fallen away from the table, and not been pierced beneath the table. Very, very lucky. Aello closed her bag, and strapped it onto her left shoulder. Aello grabbed her bow, and remaining belongings and stood back up. "Just do everyone a favor though Rysen," she began as she stared into his eyes, "next time you toss a table, see what's on it first. You could have easily broken something or hurt poor Yune here." Aello's eyes were glimmering as she stepped over the defeated drunkard, he still hadn't gotten up.

And judging by the look of him, he'll more than likely stay down there for a long time. Especially since he just got beat by a girl... and her... new friend?

Aello took another few steps towards the door. If Rysen wanted to pick up the table or the drunkard on the way out, he could. Aello certainly wouldn't do it.

Aello reached the door in a few long strides, and saw herself out. Yune was chirping happily, she was free!

OOCOn the way out, Aello will more than likely go the opposite direction of you, ending the thread. The only thing left would be socializing stuff, and I am outta ideas. We could always start another thread later this season though. If you want.
Aello
Looking For Answers

Words: 1550591
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2011, 4:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2011 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rysen Londell on March 8th, 2011, 8:34 pm

Rysen was beginning to calm down now and realize what the results of his actions were. He looked around the tavern and noticed that almost everyone's eyes were on him which made him very uneasy. He shrugged and forced a fake laugh a bit, "Uhh...sorry about that, hah." He reached back and scratched his head out of nervousness. At this point he turned his attention to Aello's damages, he was glad that he hadn't damaged any of her things. He wouldn't have been able to forgive himself if he had, especially if Yune had been hurt. This is why he tried to avoid such things, his lack of though and self control could have come at a high price. But he was safe from that today. "Yeah, sorry..." He said as he looked back at Aello, she didn't seem to upset with him which made him feel a bit better.

He watched as she turned and walked out of the tavern. He almost followed her but decided against it at the last moment. He took a deep breath and bent down to pick up the table and set the chairs back up properly. It was doubtful that he would come back here anytime soon but if he ever did he wanted to at least show some good faith towards the workers here. After finishing picking up he looked back down at the two drunken men lying on the floor. He would not help them and he made his way to the door. Hopefully those two have learned a lesson today. He walked outside and looked up and down the streets, he didn't see Aello anywhere. He grinned and chuckled to himself as he continued off to carry on with his day. He was sure that it would be less eventful than his morning had been.

OOCYeah that sounds good to me!
The greatest strength is having all the power and knowing how not to use it.
Rysen Londell
The Potential Paragon

Words: 35581
Joined roleplay: February 14th, 2011, 4:41 am
Character sheet

Postby Verilian on March 18th, 2011, 12:19 am

Aello

• +1 Auristics
  • +2 Socialization
  • +1 Interrogation
  • +1 Intimidation
  • +1 Brawling

Lores: People Watching, Making Threats, Annoying the Drunks

Rysen Londell

• +1 Fishing
  • +2 Socialization
  • +1 Interrogation
  • +1 Brawling

Lores: Taking Down Camp, Chivalry Isn't Dead, Rule Number One: Don't Mess with the Bird

You Question My Logic? :
Okay, most of this is all self explanatory, but I gave you each interrogation for questioning each other so thoroughly before the action started. Anyway, if you feel I missed anything or shorthanded you in any way, please send me a PM.

Notes: Stay away from that one Rysen, she's nothing but trouble. ;)
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous