Furry Friend (Solo)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Furry Friend (Solo)

Postby Cara on March 19th, 2011, 3:51 pm

Spring 1, 511 AV

Cara crossed her arms over her chest as she stepped through the snow that had already fallen many moons before. The sun was high in the sky, and several large gray clouds circled overhead. The last of a rather large snow storm was trickling down to earth, but Cara ignored it. Today was the day she would get the animal she had wanted. Or at least, that's what Farren had said last she saw him. Cara's pace was quick, partially because she was cold and wanted to get to her destination, and then back to her hold as soon as possible. Partially because she was so darn excited. She wasn't sure she had every felt like that before- so energized and ready to take on the world.

Within the hour, Cara had reached the outskirts of the Avanthalian marketplace. She weaved through the snow, and various shops and stalls where several people were selling their wares. Eventually, she came to a portion of the marketplace called the menagerie. Each of the shops in this area was made of stone. They formed a large "U," or perhaps a "C" depending on where you stood. In the center of these shops was a large fire. It was surrounded by a small circle of stones. The fire was rather large, reaching its orange hands at least five feet into the sky. Stretching lazily, as though it had just awakened from a deep slumber. The fire crackled from time to time, and shot the occasional spark outwards and toward the stone ring. A large spiral of thick, dark grey smoke shot upwards and into the sky, signaling the presence of the little market place, and the Vanthan people as a whole.

Cara smiled, "almost there," she said, as she strode around the shops until she came to a medium-sized one that was nestled into the center. It belonged to Farren. "Well, here goes," Cara whispered to herself, as she extended her right hand to the door, and pushed it open.

"Farren, you in here?" Cara called when she stepped inside. She found herself in the center of a miniature zoo. Cages filled with exotic animals lingered in the corners, while other, less dangerous things, were free to roam. In the center of the shop was a fireplace. A small flame crackled and spit up smoke from time to time. Farren was seated at a small table at the back.

"Here," he called gruffly.

Cara strode over to him. "Did you get what I asked for?" Farren nodded as he pushed his bangs to the side of his face. "Good," Cara replied.

Cara needn't have said any more. Slowly, Farren pushed himself out of his seat, and walked to the front of the room, he came back holding a pile of snowy white fur. Apparently, her new friend was sleeping. "Here she is," Darren said, as he delicately put the sleeping creature down at the wooden table, and motioned to the seat across from his own. Each of them took a seat. Farren returned to where the conversation had begun, and Cara began her inspection.

The animal seemed younger than what she had expected, no more than a year or two old. Its body, from head to tail was about thirty and a half inches long. Its rather bushy tail added another twelve inches to its body. It was about ten inches high at the shoulder, and weighed no more than six and a half pounds. The arctic fox Cara had asked for had long, soft white fur on both its head, and on its back. Its fur darkened a bit on its belly, and was more of a creamy white color with the occasional light grey around the edges. It had white fur on its face and a tiny black nose. A few white whiskers stuck out of the sides of its nose, making it seem more delicate to Cara.

The foxe's head was somewhat small, and its ears seemed to twitch as it slept. In much the same way, its long bushy tail, twitched. Its short, slender legs were tucked beneath its body, and were covered in a thin white fur. Cara could just make out its retractable claws peeking out from beneath tiny tufts of fur.

"It's perfect," Cara smiled, as she pulled some money out of the pouch she had tied to her waist. She set it down on the table. "That should be enough for your troubles," Cara said. Farren set his fingers down on the coins, and dragged them over to his side of the table. He took a moment to count the money, and then nodded. "Good," Cara said, as she extended her right hand to pet the arctic foxe's head thoughtfully. She would have to think of a name for it soon. Perhaps it'd be easier to think of something when it was awake, and she got to know it a little better.

"Do you know what they eat?" Cara asked. Farren shrugged, "lemmings, hares, owls, eggs, carrion." Cara nodded, as she pushed her feet against the ground and scraped her chair backwards and away from the table. She stood up. "Thanks," she muttered as she scooped the animal up and then crossed to the other side of the store. She pushed the door open with her shoulder, and then walked back into the snow.

I hope she likes me, Cara thought as she headed back to her hold.

the fox :
OOCPrice is not specified because none are listed in the npc write-ups. Price will be determined by the grader, and then the ledger will be changed accordingly.
Not taking on new threads until further notice.
Cara
Darkness Binds Us

Words: 208479
Joined roleplay: March 14th, 2011, 8:16 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Furry Friend (Solo)

Postby Cheshire on March 20th, 2011, 5:46 pm

Character: Cara
Experience:
Lore: Getting a New Pet
Ledger: -60 Mizas (Arctic Fox)
Other Info: Cara now owns an Arctic Fox bought from Farren Frostfawn

Additional Note: Thank you for switching the animals around so quickly. I hope we can get you your other furry friend soon! Take good care of your new buddy! I can't wait to see how you two get along.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)