The Spider's Kiss (Semaj)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Cassandra Coven on March 9th, 2011, 1:32 am

Cassandra's smile blossomed fully at his words, erasing the lines of worry that had marred her delicate features earlier. Semaj had brought joy into her heart it seemed and she wanted to reciprocate the emotion he had coaxed out of her in the only way she knew how. Slender arms snaked around the Isur's thick frame, giving him a light squeeze, though Cassandra doubted that he felt it through his thick armor.

"You are a good man, Sir Semaj," she said politely, her tone honest. "Thank you for sharing me your company and your gift of song."

Impulsively, the dark haired woman planted an affectionate kiss on the Isur's forehead, much to his chagrin no doubt. He was much shorter than her, and the reach was easy. Cassandra giggled as she gave him another hug.

So lost would the Isur be in the feel of her embrace, enveloped by her faintly perfumed scent, that it would take him several moments to feel the strangest of sensations, a sharp pain on his left side where there had been none before. Were he to look up, he would find Cassandra gazing back at him, sorrow returning in her eyes. A fragile hand would caress his face, fingers running lightly over his cheek, before she would back away from him several steps and he would see the dagger in her right hand, long, narrow and bloody.

The wound Cassandra inflicted had been two fold. Finding a seam on the side of his thick armor, just beneath the armpit, it had been easy enough to slip the stiletto in to pierce the Isur's lung. And as she retracted the blade, a simple flick of the wrist severed a major artery. Now, where he had only to suffer drowning in his own blood at first, Semaj had to contend with bleeding to death as well.

A wound like that would have been bearable enough for a hardy race like the Isur, at least enough for them to take vengeance on the one who inflicted it. But for some inexplicable reason, it would feel unnaturally painful. Too painful, as if Dira herself clutched at Semaj's heart, paralyzing him.

A few feet away, Cassandra continued to look at him sorrowfully.

"You are a good man, Semaj," she repeated. "Ravok should never taint a spirit such as yours."

Secret :
Cassandra also used her ability to amplify pain on the wound she inflicted.
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Semaj Yelkeew on March 11th, 2011, 5:38 pm

When she mentioned him as a good man, and kissed his forehead, the Isur almost stepped back, out of the hug. But she hugged him again, which was when he felt lost, for the first time in his life. He was unsure how to respond to such things, as he rarely interacted with people in such a manner. Normally, he would avoid contact, except when he was singing or playing, or fighting. When he was almost ready to pull back from the contact, he felt a sharp pain in his side, and then his heart almost stopped as he realized what had just happened.

When Cassandra stepped back, the dagger she held was covered in his blood. Staring at her, the warrior-bard stumbled back to lean against the boulder he had been sitting on. He opened his mouth to speak, and managed only to cough up some blood. He wiped his mouth, and tried again.

"Entering Ravok would not have done so. I've killed men before, and Ravok would be no different. I hope, for your sake, that the Gods show mercy on you, Cassandra. Perhaps, in my next life, I'll be more wary of travelers and those who are 'swimming' fully clothed," he stated, staring at her as his right hand groped for his Widowmaker, as if his final act would be to strike at her. His hand never made it, as the light faded from his eyes. The Isur would sing no more, and one more light had left the world.
Semaj Yelkeew
Warrior/Bard

Words: 4569
Joined roleplay: April 27th, 2010, 1:36 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Cassandra Coven on March 11th, 2011, 6:31 pm

Cassandra almost feared that Semaj would be able to pull out his massive weapon to strike at her. She did not draw back, almost welcoming the coming strike. They would die together, and the world would be denied two souls that day, one light, the other dark.

But she realized that the Isur's gesture was futile for her strike had been true, nicking his head as she punctured his lung. The light of life faded from Semaj's eyes and the dark haired woman could not help but feel a profound loss at its passing. She fled to him, gently easing his body, heavy but not unbearable, onto her lap.

"I wish the gods would too," she told him, though she knew he was past hearing any word she uttered. Her tone was sad, her eyes red and rimmed with tears once more. "None did, and you had to pay the price. The one of many. I am sorry, Semaj."

And then, with her rudimentary skill, Cassandra sang back the song the Isur had sung to her earlier, his own gift to her, returned in full.

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You've come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore...

--/--

Cassandra did not leave Semaj's side until she had finished the song as he had when he sang it to her. her tears washed his passive face as she did so. Afterwards, with much effort, she pulled his body into the small pool, letting the weight of armor drag him to the bottom to hide his body. His giant axe, the widowmaker, too bulk for her too carry, she hid in the hollow of a nearby fallen log, though his bag and musical instrument she took with her. She wanted no sign of their brief stay to remain at the sign, scattering the remains of the small fire to the winds before she left.

The pack she sold to a merchant in the Bazaar, not even bothering to check the contents if there were any valuables. The pipa however, Cassandra kept for herself, a reminder of the Isur who had given without asking for anything in return.
there is something
i have to say to you
if you promise you'll understand
i cannot contain myself
when in your presence
i'm so humble
touch me
don't hide our love
woman to man

Cassandra Coven
Tortured Soul

Words: 205763
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2010, 8:21 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Syndre on March 13th, 2011, 3:00 am

There were creatures in this world that most people didn't know existed.
They traveled in darkness, for they were the darkness. Whether it be night or
day, there were always shadows blanketing the land... and they were alive. They
moved and teamed when most thought them still and frozen. They watched every
citizen and listened to their every word, stealing secrets which were then
relayed to the mother of darkness herself, Akajia. The goddess was a devourer
of secrets and her knowledge of Mizahar extended throughout the world. Even here,
in the most wicked of cities ruled by the God of Evil and Chaos, Akajia's minions
existed and thrived.

Cassandra was no exception, her malicious actions this evening did not go
unwatched. What she had thought to be a secret had been stolen by a pair of
crystalline eyes that viewed the horrid spectacle in its entirety. The
information acquired this night would prove useful in the near future, more than
likely used against her in the form of blackmail. The curious shadow that had
taken in the devious event wasn't actually a shadow at all, but a man in hiding.
Dressed in the deepest black, he surrounded himself with the friendly darkness,
his knowledge that the shadows were truly alive allowed him to remain unseen
in their shrouding caress. The man couldn't speak to them in their native
tongue, but he knew there was an attraction between them and himself. There was
no shadowy manipulation, only the smallest of bonds that had formed over the
years.

Syndre had seen Cassandra before, in the Silver Sliver Tavern back inside of
Ravok's walls. A very beautiful barmaid who had serviced him in the past, though
he doubted she would remember him if she saw him. So many citizens made their
way through the popular Tavern that the faces probably seemed like a blur to
her. The few times he had studied her when dealing with his associates, he had
noticed how well she used her charm on the customers. She emitted a seductive
aura that Syndre himself couldn't help but get sucked into, but at those times
business was at hand and she was only a thought in the back of his mind. Things
were different now. He had something on her, something that could strike down
her little world if the authorities were to take note of her misdeeds.

Witnessing the death of the heavily armored Isur had happened by chance,
unless his Mistress of the Night had woven it into the fates, guiding him here
on purpose rather than him just being in the right place at the right time. The
only reason the rogue needed to leave the security of Ravok was to obtain another
sack of his addictive herbs, which he needed to function properly from day to
day. The source of the drug came from a childhood acquaintance that he had grown
up with, a fellow low life named Caleb. Notes would be passed within the limits
of the floating city, setting up dates and times for the encounter to happen,
then they would execute the transaction in the wooded expanses of the wilderness.
The chance they would come across a Ravokian patrol was very small in the wilds,
for dangers lurked out here that even the city guard wished to avoid.

Caleb was running late, but this wasn't unexpected. The source of the potent
herbs was as arrogant as Syndre was and felt as though time revolved around him
personally and no one else. It was worked well in this specific occasion, for
if Caleb had been on time, he may have attracted Cassandra's attention and
spoiled Syndre's spying. The thief kept hidden within the overwhelming darkness
until the wicked barmaid finished cleaning the evidence from the murderous
scene. Only when she disappeared from the small lake and wooded area did the
rogue escape from the shadows' touch. Happy with what he had learned tonight,
he waited patiently for his associate to arrive, icy blue eyes staring into
the lake's depth, knowing what lied beneath the watery surface.
Syndre
Vermin of Ravok

Words: 128551
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2011, 11:07 pm
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Seth on March 22nd, 2011, 1:32 am

Cassandra:

• +1 Dagger XP
  • +1 Acting XP
  • +1 Diplomacy XP

Lores: The Feeling of Guilt, The Feeling of Despair, When Faith Fails You, Izurdin and his Isur, Choosing Words Wisely, Special Dagger Technique: Armor Bypass.

The Method behind my Madness :
You get a point in Dagger for using it to kill, and doing it in a logical way. The Acting XP was given for putting on a bit of a show to get close enough to kill... And the Rhetoric XP was for actually thinking your actions and words through when dealing with a new race.

Semaj:

• +100 Being Dead XP

Lores: The Sting of Death.

Well, you are dead. Therefor, you are a master at being Dead.

Syndre:

Lores: Cassandra's True Form, Cassandra's Heartless Murder.

Well, you are dead. Therefor, you are a master at being Dead.

Great thread, guys! I am happy to see how this will play out in the future, for both Cassandra and Syndre! <3!
Seth
Retired Staff

Words: 100299
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:00 pm
Race: Staff account
Office

Previous